Loblaw logo
Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 5,255 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,345 reviews

good environment.

helpful supervisor. there is work politics, you should be available for call-in work.The hardest part of the job is no fixed hours for part-time workers. Maximum u get 9 or 13 hr. We can't have any second job because there is no fixed days.

The best work experience I ever had.

I never thought I will like so much working at Loblaws. I can definitely say that working there was the best work experience I ever had. I used to work in the office before, and Now I am currently working at the office, but it is uncomparable with working at Loblaws. It is true that I was very tired at the end of my shift, but I was happy. I was never stressed or sad when I had to go to work. The time flies by very fast while working and I really enjoyed there. I will return to work there at some point in my life.

Pros

Great co-workers, colleague discount program, great opportunity to grow

I did not expect it to be so difficult

I did not expect this job to be so demanding. they want new hires to be operating at 75% by their 3rd week(1 week of training and 2 weeks of regular work) which means picking about 1500 cases of product per 8 hour shift. the shoty equipment and constant setbacks and delays make it extremely difficult for average people to succeed at this job, here are some examples- machines are not maintained until they stop working, constant headset disconnections, most products packed in uneven and irregular shaped containers some products packed with ice in cardboard boxes. frequent delays do to reach truck drivers who are also "competing" for numbers, sometimes large amounts of product at end of isles required to be picked until another picker needs access to isle in which case you move up and they take that spot leaving you with no option but to carry 40pound boxes 20-30 feet which takes more time than the system allows, only 3-4 wrapping stations working/available which causes you to have to hand wrap your pallets which takes time that the system does not allow, short orders of 10 or less items that take you all around the warehouse( bad for numbers), if any injury occurs they will tell you to go to the hospital or keep your mouth shut and work through it ( even though hospital is a hotbed for covid), wearing a mask while preforming heavy lifting at a fast pace causes rapid fatigue. you will hear about some people who make 100k or more per year working here but these people have been here since the facility opened, they make 26$-27$ per hour, are protected by a union and have seniority -

Pros

no pros for new hires. standard bare bones employment for those in desperate need of a pay check

Cons

so much food wasted, suited only for people who are athletic or willing to hurt them self for money

Okay, especially for students or as a first job

Relatively flexible hours but that depends on which department you're in. My department manager is nice and helpful enough. Upper store management is quite demanding on certain departments and can be the bullying type. Will understaff you during busy times (for MONTHS) without regard to how difficult they're making your life. They'll cut hours like crazy during these times. Will NOT pay overtime whatsoever, but will be quick to remove your pay if you clock in 5 mins late. Other than that, it's a relatively simple-tasked job that is usually doable in the time you're given. Customers can be very rude but that's any grocery store really.

Pros

Flexible hours, pretty chill but all depends on your department, discount

Cons

No overtime pay (not even like 15 mins), understaffed during busy months, management

Worst place I’ve worked

There were definitely nice people, but majority of the co-workers were rude and egotistical. You can expect them to frequently change the workplace uniform without notifying workers and only give you one shirt so you’ll sometimes have to work for days without being able to wash it

Pros

Free food

Cons

Rude staff

Make it what you want

Remain positive despite the negative feedback you get everyday no full time better have a second job if you want to eat. Staff discount at least, and pt benefits

Pros

Free snacks sometimes

Cons

Shifts have no pattern

I had a good interview with the owner/manager. That was about the end of my positive thoughts on the place and how it is 'managed'.

The position you're applying for isn't what your job turns out to be. Manager has ZE-RO people skills. Goes through employees like toilet paper. The End.

Pros

Being employed

Cons

The job you applied for isn't what you end up doing.

Fair but tough employer

I hope Loblaws improves its work environment. It mostly has a union (UFCW - United Food and Commercial Workers). You can get on but might want to get the experience and move on to better paid job.

Pros

Union contracts

Cons

Sometimes inflexible Supervisors

.Fast-paced work environment but with a relaxed atmosphere, co-workers are great to work with.

During my time working at Loblaw my customer service and stress management skills have greatly improved and therefore my confidence has increased. Every day is different since we deal with the public sector which can bring it's own challenges and rewards. The work-place atmosphere is fairly relaxed and friendly with some great perks. The hardest part of the job for me is not getting consistent hours each week and not having a regular schedule. The best part of this job is knowing that you've made a customer's experience a good one.

Pros

Free food, benefits after six months employment, employee discount.

Cons

Not having a regular schedule, not knowing the next weeks schedule until a few days before it starts.

Great place

Great place to work with good environment as well as health and safety measures. Team leaders are good and caring. System and warehouse is well managed. Employees are appreciated.

Pros

Free ice creams once in a while

Cons

Time constraints

Jobs at Loblaw

See more jobs

Terrible place to work, management doesn’t value hard workers and you’ll get paid more at McDonald’s then you would at superstore

I’ve worked at superstore for about 4 years now, pretty much since the start of highschool and I’m still making minimum wage, superstore is only for teenagers looking to save some money for a vehicle, it doesn’t pay enough or have enough hours to even try to save for college. There is no future for anyone at these stores who actually needs a decent living.

Fun workplace and very productive

Working there isn't too bad if you're looking for a really fast paced workplace and task oriented. Flexibility is an ongoing issue there and I've had bad experiences with past managers but overall the work staff are very friendly and can turn into your family very quickly!

Pros

10% discount, pre-covid free lunches, friendly work staff

Cons

Inconsistency with hours, availability

management is bad

Management is terrible and very condescending towards its employees. Coworkers are often in their own cliques and there is a lot of gossip at work. Best if you kept to yourself and just do your work.

Pros

Good benefits, union

Cons

Short breaks, bad management, unorganized

Great work place, great co workers and even better managers.

I've had a lot of jobs but this was by far the best. The work was hard, sure, but just about everything from my managers to my co-workers and the over all work culture made it this place one my favorite places to work and would love to work there again if I have ever the chance.

Pros

Great managers and co-workers

Cons

Some customers can be a bit much

All over good place to work

Customers are very rude, they behave very bad, sometimes manager/supervisor will give you hard time. For silly reasons your manager will yell at you, customers fault but you will get scolded by manager

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Not a very rewarding experience.

Lots and lots of work for little pay. Current union contract makes it impossible for young people to have incentive to stay there. 3-5 years of work now before you can get benefits. Forget about asking for a raise too, as that’s not possible at Loblaws. Management can cut hours if you’re part time out of nowhere, usually around Christmas time. Experience or skill gets you nowhere here, as seniority reigns supreme, no matter how incompetent the person with seniority is. The only positive thing I can say about Loblaws is you bond a lot with other staff over how terrible it is to work there. If you want to be respected and feel good about the work you do, don’t even think about working here.

Pros

Other colleagues make it tolerable

Cons

Almost everything

Don’t work here

You can apply a million times and you won’t get a single call back, doesn’t help that it’s a grocery store plus the offer minimum wage, they have absolutly nothing to offer except making you work too hard, they don’t care about anyone trying to find a job, they only focus on who they know(managers). They don’t hire anyone except for who they know. I worked at the superstore as a meat clerk and in less than a year I was going to get moved to assistant manager and I moved, I haven’t heard anything from lloblaws or the superstore even though I got transferred. They are a joke and the job is a joke because they expect everyone that shows up to slack off, they don’t care about hiring and the clerks, but don’t ask me, ask the ones that work there, you should get your stuff together. Stop bragging about being such a good grocery store when the only people that makes you look good are the ones that you fire before knowing what they can actually do

Pros

Cons

Full time hours on part time shift, managers don’t train anybody, managers are way too lazy to be one, they can’t train so the employees have to do it for them

only go if it's temporary

they are cheap and expect a lot out of youalways under staffed, underpaid, and underappreciatedmanagement don't like when you call them out on their bolognaHire entitled brats straight out of school as managers- people who have never worked a day in their lives and still live with mom and dad

Pros

ok discount program

Cons

low pay bad management

Terrible

If you enjoy being depressed every time you’re getting ready to go to work at Loblaws than this job is for you. Nothing about this workplace brings me joy.

Good work place

Decent pay and decent people people good to work with can get very stressful at times u gotta work very fast if ya wanna do well here they will let u go for any reason

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Stressful and toxic place to work at. But, a good learning opportunity if you are a new grad.

Management will avoid hiring new employees to save on budget. Because of the cheep management, you end up overwhelmed with how much work you have on your plate. I had to stay late at the office to get the work done. Most of the time, I did not claim over time because management didn't like it. Job security is terrible! Salary is so low you can easily make 15k to 20k more doing the same job for other companies.Loblaw is a great place to learn as a first experience but would not recommend it for experienced professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3K