Loblaw Employee Reviews

Productive, safety conscious
Project Coordinator (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
Loblaw is a good place to work. I learnt my Supervising job there through home grown talent from order picker to Supervisor.
The hardest part of the job is very difficult to complete task on weekends because workers turn up is very low.
The most enjoyable part of the job is they pay vacation pay
Cons
Very cold environment to work in
Sales Associate
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
During the opening of Loblaws City Market, working there for the first few months was really great. Great community of people to work with, a lot of great communication with costumers.
Good place to start but not to linger.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2018
Referred to as Blue Culture because it represents open and honest communication, the workplace culture was suspect. Morale was actually worse after the introduction of Blue because people were laid off regularly and everyone including HR had to pretend it was all good. So employees were always nervous and scared. Management was suspect because of the scandals (price-fixing bread, hacked & stolen PC Optimum points, etc.) Management was often lacking in oversight and training (financial, no people skills, no repercussions for under-performance). People over-worked, stressed out, and often work evenings and weekends.
Pros
Good for the resume
Cons
Salaries not competitive. Company doesn't really care about its people.
Work there 20 years
Cashier/Pricing Integrity (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 April 2018
Was great while I was there,,co-workers were friendly and actually looked forward to going I to work. Really enjoyed working with the public.Hourly rate wasn't so bad
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Only part time hours available
low moral
Retail Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 April 2018
Worked here for many years and the moral of the workplace is very low. There's a major disconnect from head office and retail level. The company only hires the people that are related the them or are liked and bypasses employees that are more qualified.
Good Place to work at
End User Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada13 April 2018
A good friendly place to work at.I work at Loblaw for 3 months on contract, and I really enjoy it . For the CONS, I have nothing to say since I spent a short time with the company
Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making change for cash customers
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2018
1- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
2- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
3- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
You can not get a promotion
Loblaw
Part-time Health and Beauty Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 April 2018
I love working here. Great environment , all staff is nice including managers and store managers. Its a great experience and i love working for this company.
Lots of on the job experience
Full time employment (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2018
I would prep food and manage team on a regular basis. I learned team building skills and management skills. I also learned how to complete tasks efficiently and work with the public. Management would given instructions and was my job to execute them.Work culture was friendly and job oriented. The hardest part was the inconsistent hours, the most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Fun work place with good customer service care
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
My day involved coming in very early on time and preparing items, merchandise before customers came in. what i learned at my work you had to be punctual, had a plan on how to serve customers, be patients and help your company achieve its goals. My supervisor was always my go to every time i needed assistance and guidance incase i had no idea on how to resolve a problem. Hardest part of the Job is when a customer needs something but its out of stock but they dont want to be told no we didnt have it, they were always mad.
most enjoyable part of the job was getting to serve customers, promoting different products, helping various customers in a non judgmental manner, with respect.
Pros
free gift cards every year
Decent
Merchant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 April 2018
The work was very daunting and repetitive, i was very happy with the people. I cant think of a company where i have met so many great people. there sports programs are great.
Cubicle life is really like your sitting in a box all day thinking about a beach in Hawaii.
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  494 Jarvis Ave9 April 2018
My typical day at work was alright. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to aspire to for the rest of my life however its more like a place you can use to supplement your income and make a living.

There was plenty of fun parties however it was the work itself that was just a job. It was fun the people and the atmosphere. I had freedom however it is a business environment and I guess its okay for now if you would like to raise a family however what I aspire to be is my own boss.

I did gain a lot of skills but cubicle life is cubicle life.
Pros
social gatherings, great for networking, great for free food and freedom.
Cons
Cubicle life not being your own boss.
Fun work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Twillingate, NL6 April 2018
Not so busy, but a different kind of busy. More time to spend with the customers more time getting to know the patients and have a better relationship with them.
Pros
No nights
Cons
Wouldn’t enough hrs
Excellent company to work for. Everyone is a valued employee. Lots of perks working at Headoffice . Always something exciting going on. Blue culture
Category Director (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2018
Head office is close to hwys. Room for advancement. Great senior management team. Get treated with respect. Excellent for mellenials. Helps to be strong on computer skills.
Pros
Subsided cafeteria. Very cheap meals. Freebies given out all the time from suppliers.
Cons
Tough to find parking close to building if you come after 8:00 am
great place to work
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2018
Location closed down, call center was moved to Moncton, when i was there the managers did their best to push and help you advance within the company to different positions.
Pros
great company overall
Cons
closed location
A great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
I learned a lot
I loved my manager EVA, she is one of the best manager I had ever
Great Great colleagues
Very good training with great patience
just standing for a long time is difficult
quiet
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON4 April 2018
worked nights good place to work management was good on nights most fellow workers ok some not hardest part of job for me was receiving trucks most enjoyable was the pace to work at
Pros
free coffee
Cons
night shift
Successful Company
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 April 2018
Loblaw continues to impact Canadians in Health and Food retail. My experience provided a great learning experience in retail health care management, leading to results.
Pros
salary, colleagues
Cons
workload
Great organization
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
There is a good work place culture. In my area it is a fast paced environment that offers variety. I have learned a great deal about inventory control through my role here
Pros
Good culture and variety
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Good
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 March 2018
Needed alot of upper body strength. Fast paced environment where you are able to do meaningful work. People were friendly and management was extremely helpful and accomodating
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Sometimes I would be sore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.