Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 2,160 reviews matching the search See all 2,196 reviews
Good Place to Workout Overall
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2019
Hours are very flexible and my supervisor is very accommodating to changing availability. Fun and dynamic workplace to be in as well. I feel respected and safe working there
Pros
Comfortable place to work in
Cons
Occasional rude costumers
Good job for someone needing steady hours and a start in retail
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2019
I spent 10+ years with Loblaw. The company dynamics changed drastically over my tenure. Went from a very group team environment to be more of a single performer environment. Hours and restructuring and trimming hurt and put more pressure on staff then needed at the end of my tenure.
Poor
Truck Driver AZ (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 May 2019
Loved my job, bad atmosphere in the office. Dispatchers always yelling and having a bad attitude. Very unhappy climate to work in. Overall I wouldn’t recommend this company
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Dispatch
Fun place to work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2019
LCL was a good entry-level employer to get my career going, however there was not much room for growth and benefits weren't the greatest for those who were on contract.
Pros
Basketball, Volleyball courts, on-site gym
Cons
No room for growth
hard work
distribution specailist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2019
there are defiantly better places out there...and worse. it takes a few years to top out at $20. but now starting wage is $15.75 ( so that aint really a big jump in pay). next contract in 2021 could bring something better , but probably not
Great Part Time Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2019
Loblaws
--------------------------------------
- Welcoming work environment
- Able to work on retail skills on a regular basis
- Supportive management
SAP (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 May 2019
This was a busy Store. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. A great bunch of people from different walks of life, different age groups. Management was good. Hardest part of the job was, nothing. Most enjoyable part of the job was serving the customers and the day to day comaraderie with coworkers.
meh
Cashier/Supervision/Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 May 2019
very meh, except for my lovely co-workers
good for a starter job, or if you don't plan to grow in your customer service career
Weston's only interested in money though and if you want to move up you have to be the kind of person willing to work yourself into the ground for only a slight raise
Good
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
if anyone would want to learn real life situations at a pharmacy, loblaw is the best. its a very busy pharmacy which keeps everyone working at this place on their toes.
Hard work
Warehouse Assembly Labourer/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 May 2019
Being an assembler/order picker has been tough work. Run and lift heavy items for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Days off are different for everyone but in order to have weekends off you have to be high seniority. Three shifts and other than working the morning shift, all you will do in life is work. They need you to hit a certain percentage or else you will be let go, hence a high turnover rate. But paid weekly with a great starting salary.
Pros
Great benefits, perks for being safe, incentives for working hard
Cons
Exhausting, takes over your life
It works for some..
shopper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
For the most part, everyone seems miserable working there which is tough when you are trying to have positive morale for your team and self. You must also be available at all times for scheduling which can be difficult.
Customers are okay but some of them are absolutely ridiculous...... and the more ridiculous thing is that Loblaw gives into it.
There seems to be confusion as well from higher management as to how to handle situations such as shoplifting and who is responsible for what. Majority of the times it will be the cashiers (who have no security training) attempting to stop shoplifters (who may be potentially dangerous) and other such things.
Pros
you get 10% off your purchases after 6 months of working
Cons
crazy customers, confused management and procedures
good
service client (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)6 May 2019
jai rien n adire sure cela je vois pas l interet merci
Great place to work !
Senior Food Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 May 2019
Great place to work! There are may opportunities for learning and advancement. There many other perks as well. The cafeteria is great and very inexpensive. There is a gym on site.
Pharmacy Assistant at Loblaws
Community Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 May 2019
As a pharmacy assistant at Loblaws, I learned to collaborate with a team especially when a team member is absent I fill in the spot for the person. The hardest part of working as a Pharmacy assistant was changing from just an educational purpose to enter a workforce physically and not mentally, it was a challenge, but over periods of time, it changed throughout.
Pros
Talking with customers in conversations, I felt as if I was a helpful person supporting the patient
Cons
Long periods of time at the workforce.
Lots of turnover in management and sales
Lead Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2019
Worked as a Brand Ambassador which was extremely difficult in that stock personnel damaged our tables and equipment we used for our demos. They would pile heavy materials, clothes and other items which would scratch the tables and/or cause us extra time to remove these items. Staff was very rude most of the time and offered very little help if at all.
Pros
Enjoyed customers and explaining the pros and cons of various foods, and our household products to initiate a sale.
Cons
Rude staff and low pay
Great Part-time job
Produce Clerk and HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2019
Great place to work as a teenager, and start making some money, you get paid weekly and get benefits. Overall it's a solid place to work and you can meet a lot of poeple
good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2019
good place to work, good management, friendly staff. Good place for students to work as they are very flexible with the schedule. benefits and discount good.
Fun place to meet people but very labour intensive
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB27 April 2019
Some of the people who work there are very nice and most of the customers are very friendly and nice. Weekends are ABSOLUTELY brutal for just one courtesy clerk and walking around 8 hours on my feet all day is excruciatingly painful. If they had more courtesy clerks working on the same day, it’ll make things quite a bit easier and be able to get the job done much faster than having just one courtesy clerk. They say it gets easier the more you do it but I’m not so sure. Oh well, if you’re used to this workout, that’s fine.
My only favourite part of my job was helping out the elderly with carry outs.
Pros
Friendly and gracious customers and coworkers
Cons
Long hours even for part time, hard labour, barely much break time
Overall a good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Loblaws management always wants to make sure that their employees feel safe at workplace. The downside is you are required to work evenings and weekends without a prospect of career growth.
Pros
Flexible hours, secure jobs
Cons
Working nights, weekends, stat holidays, lack of career growth
Easy and Simple
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 April 2019
The work is quite physical and with focus on lifting.
Need to stand and life on long periods of time.
A very accident prone type of jobs.
People with reckless tendencies should stay clear.
Pros
Simple work
Cons
Hard Labor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.