Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 5,132 reviews matching the search
A typical day involves serving customers, washing dishes and just cleaning around. The management is very supportive and everyone is friendly. It is a relaxed environment. The hardest part of the job is probably standing throughout your day.
Horrible place to work. They treat you like trash, managers can do whatever they want. You talk poorly of their crew. Make you work like a dog while they all sit downstairs and watch a soccer game or whatever it is. Double standard for everyone. Would never recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cons
The whole company is trash.
Minimum wage for part-time employees, who seem to be the majority, while the Company boasts record profits and increased dividends to shareholders - during a pandemic. They expect you to "pickup" extra shifts and basically put your life on hold - all while earning minimum wage. If you say no, "you're not a team player" and hint that you may not make it through probation. Some supervisors seem to take pleasure in putting down or bullying new employees in front of customers/other employees. The union only seems to protect full-time employees - at the expense of part-timers who don't seem to get benefits of unionization, but still pay dues.
Cons
6 months for any discounts, Union that seems more interested in protecting full-time employees, extra $2 "pandemic bonus" withdrawn.
Fairly welcoming at the beginning. Interview/training was good. They gave me a couple days and then it was "lets talk about quotas. I don't mind the physical aspect and I thought I was working at a fairly decent pace for just starting. I was told I was at a %30 rate. Doubling my output would be very tough let alone tripling. Unrealistic and to get those numbers you would need to sacrifice safety. If you're unsafe they can let you go though. Supervisors never around when needed.
Pros
Days go by quick.
Cons
Demanding on the body. Output never good enough
This company should be ashamed to pay their pharmacy assistants minimum wage. Little no appreciation/compensation for the work they do, don’t expect to see a wage past $17/hr, and that doesn’t come for at least 2 years. Don’t waste your time. Coworkers and pharmacy boss are amazing, it’s unfortunate this company is so bare minimum
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor wage
Personally the management there is horrible. They act as if I should be giving my life up for a job that pays you 14 dollars an hour. They also seem to pick on employees
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pulled buggies, checked prices, swept the floors, etc. If there was one thing I could change, it would have to be my department supervisors. Wasn't really my style.
Pros
moved around a lot
Cons
Boring
Overall it’s a great company to work for. Pay scale is a little frustrating; however you can grow if you really put your mind to it which usually opens up a higher pay scale.
Pros
Union, company satisfaction surveys are actually read, they appreciate their employees.
Cons
Pay scale
No brain work for the post. Work culture is very bad, they are asking for extra hour almost everyday. On the contrary whenever they felt you worked more and earned more they stopped calling you instead call somebody else. Senior are not working properly and they are behave like anything.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Least paying for it
Busy and fast-paced work environment. An ideal place to learn how to give great customer service. Mostly friendly working environment. Tasks at this workplace were not difficult.
Pros
Discounted groceries
Cons
Many customers
The reason why the turn over rate is so high in these places is that they want 95% performance but if you're a phase 1 person and you are forced into phase 2 it will ruin your performance because of having to pick way more, the job Is very hard on the body and supervisors don't care about you and the ones they do they favoritize, shady place to work so far.
Pros
Unionized, good coworkers
Cons
Hard labor, constantly moving, bad work environment, sets you up to fail.
My job consisted of me going to look for different groceries, staging them in different containers and locations, and loading the grocery orders in the cars of the customers. I thought that the management was great as they were understanding and accomodating to shift times. I thought there was an apparent sexist bias though when it came to the job because only men were given the job to load groceries into the cars and women and people who don't identify as men got the job of completing the orders. Not that I didn't have a problem with grocery orders, it just sucked that if I wanted to load groceries for the day that I didn't get that option even when I asked. I was able to interact with my coworkers as I was able to find my "group". Overall I was treated well and enjoyed the position.
Pros
Flixible hours, Unionized job
Cons
Minimal hours, slow wage progression, store discount after 3 months of working at the store
Overall, it's retail job and you only expect so much. Management needs improvement overall and there is a lot of favoritism going on but the coworkers are generally friendly, management is usually supportive albeit occasionally sexist, another customers aren't too bad. Lots of drama depending on the department, and the environment varies greatly as well so be careful which department you end up in. Overall, it's at least a job but it's rough when you're always expected to out work before everything else and most of the employees are students. There is little bit of a riase but it's based on how many hours you put in. You can teach yourself everything to the level of management and still be paid minimum.
Pros
Good benefita for part time, lots of events
Cons
Management, always expected to put work first
Only work here if you have to. People working here are miserable and you can tell they don't like their jobs and will treat you accordingly. I can't blame them. This job sucks the life out of you.
Cons
Toxic workers and job
I enjoyed working at this company and I lost this job do to my personal issues. I will suggested any one who would like to work at this company as is a good place to work and amazing culture with no any discriminationVery good management team .
Pros
Good multi culture place to be
Cons
Nothing to complain
Being unionized is a bonus. The people I worked with were very nice. Company is organized and well structured. It just got to the point where it was not longer challenging for me and It was just time for me to move on.
Wouldn’t want to stay as a part time employee at most loblaws company’s. They find excuses to make departments smaller and fire people and then complain about how stuff isn’t done. Will fire you just bc and find a fake reasoning.
Pros
Union
Cons
High positions are held by Indians, so you are unlikely not going to get promoted if you're not Indians. A lot of favoritism within management. Overall, the company doesn't pay that well compared to other companies in the same industry. Medical and dental benefits are just nothing, 150 for vision for 2 years, 2000 for dental for 2 years. This is a big joke
Pros
Decent office
Cons
Expensive and little food in the food court
Great place to work. Management was great. The only thing I had a problem with was when colleges who are from out of the country speaking their language instead of english around me. I felt like their were talking about me, which I know they did talk about me. I learned the different ways of running a cash register.
Pros
Free stuff to be able to take home
Cons
Having to go upstairs to punch in and out
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Loblaw is meeting all customers service standards, meeting there needs and helping keeping them coming back and that they are happy with are servicePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Loblaw are basic on my experience and how well I do my jobJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Loblaw, I think that they are there to keep us safeManagementIn general, managers at Loblaw are suppose to help us, improve ability to give great customer serviceOverallMy experience working at Loblaw was learning what I am caple of doing and what I hope to improving myself
The company claims to be family oriented and care for their consumers. It's not true. They only care about how much money they make and they don't care how they get it. Management is lazy and always quick lay the blame else where. The union doesnt fight for you, the managers only look out for themselves. Customers are rude and are very aggressive; and no one will help you.
Pros
Cons
3 month probation period, 6 month to get a colleague card, benefits minimal and lack of communication throughtout the company
  1. Employee reviews