Loblaw Employee Reviews

Tres bien
Préposée au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC17 August 2018
J'ai aimé travailler au Loblaws aussi cela etait mon premier emploi officiel.
Nice and close to home
Retail Meatcutter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2018
I really like all the fresh fruits and vegetables. The store has everything I need so this is very convenient for me. The store seems to be clean most of the time.
nice work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2018
great management,great experience. some days are tough but youll get through it. they enforce safety as priority and you get free coffee which can be nice.
Perishable Days Management is trash
Warehouse Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 August 2018
Management doesn’t care about anything outside of the factory, my grandfather recently got sick and i needed time off and they had absolutely no sympathy and actually made me work instead of being at my grandfathers bedside with the rest of my family. All they care about is meeting quota. Would recommend this job if you love getting pushed around and like getting ignored by management. Most disrespectful work environment I’ve ever been in.
Pros
Nothing.
Fast Paced
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2018
Lots of deadlines, extremely fast paced with lots attention to ensuring the customer has been served in the most out standing way to ensure they feel they are number 1.
Unionized organization which at times can hinder your hours of work. It's a very clique organization and at times fitting into the clique can be cumbersome.
Pros
Rate of pay
Cons
Management and the clique
amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 August 2018
loblaws is the best place I've worked so far. management is outstanding and treats customers and coworkers with respect. coworkers were also very respectful and everyone got along great which made the work day so much better.
Great people and overall a great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS9 August 2018
Most days I actually look forward to going into work unless I was just having a bad day to begin with. Time seems to fly by most days unless it’s very slow and we aren’t getting many customers.
Pros
Laid back and casual
Cons
Physically straining
Focused
Night Crew Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
Night Crew Manager is awesome. Provides a focused and amicable environment to grow. Leads by example and acknowledges good work whenever shown. Notices.
Ok place to work leadership and wage was a issue
Loss Prevention Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
Loss Prevention leadership was a issue for the majority of Loss Prevention Representitives. Also, there was a lot of turnover and not a tone of room to advance with low pay.

However, store level management was great! And it was also a great place to gain experience and I had the privilege of meeting many great people and develop a solid understanding of Security, safety and compliance which has helped me in my new role.
i liked working at superstore
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2018
i look forward in going to work for u guys.great staff good benefits they go the extra mile was treated with respect.feel like family.
my schedule was always consistent always loved working for u guys.
Pros
good breaks
aime le travail d'équipe
commis épicerie ou emballeur (Current Employee) –  Saint-Basile-le-Grand, QC2 August 2018
aspect positif : travailler avec le public et en équipe. Relever de nouveaux défis .
Pros
proche de chez moi
Cons
aucune
Strong company but unstable senior leadership
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 August 2018
Loblaws does great work to persevere in a difficult retail environment. However, turnover of senior executives over the last several years has weakened culture and overall direction.
Horrible place to work.
Hot Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NS30 July 2018
The morale is horrible at this store within the department. The actual department manager doesn't work this department so they have no idea how it works. Orders are barked by the backup manager too while she hides in the corner ignoring customers.Finally posting my review to hopefully deter people from getting trapped like the current employees. I hate shopping here for this reason.
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
Manager
A Passive aggressive place to work for
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2018
Within my two years of working here, I have noticed that a lot of the management members are passive aggressive (mainly the front end). They have switched my schedule many times with out informing me about the changes they have made. i was constantly being yelled at for simply doing my job not fast enough. It seems like they are more worried about how fast we serve our customers rather than their quality of service. Definitely will not be working here again.
Pros
two paid breaks
Cons
being disciplined for doing your job correctly
Its ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 July 2018
The job itself was boring but not bad. What I hated most is that they are under seniority therefore you had to be working there at least a year to get more than 10 hours a week.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
No hours
Fun busy place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2018
I enjoyed working at Loblaw’s but I found that they wouldn’t accommodate me with my hours being a student at the time and that’s what ended ultimately ended my career there.
The management we’re OK I only really ever is associated with my immediate manager which was the front store manager.
The other managers were never seen they never talk to you
Pros
Was very busy and fun place to work
Cons
Would not accommodate the fact that I was a student with my hours
good place to work
Transport Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 July 2018
good place to work........work for a great boss, respect home life balance. was able to work from home when needed. able to work around appointments which is important as a single Mother
Assistant
Chef Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
Great atmosphere- made some real friends and the shifts went by quickly compared to most retail/food industry jobs. I constantly felt respected and there was room for advancement
can be hard physical labour. You will be much more fit. your feet and hands will ache. The culture is what keeps the employees and you can move up
Warehouse Operator/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 July 2018
pay is decent but should be a bit more as the work can be very hard on the body and prone to injury. however there is a bonus system. Breaks are too short. If you like hard physical labour and are accustomed to it and much lifting and crouching to pick product is ok, don't mind repetitive work. Don't do it if you have problems with your wrists already. a reliable hard physical worker who doesn't miss work will succeed and move up into slightly less physical skilled positions here after about a year. The culture is amazing and makes work worth going too.
Pros
bonus system, culture great, opportunity for advancement, Ot
Cons
shifts seem long, breaks too short. hard on body, tiring
good
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 July 2018
It has a good working environment, little hectic but still it is good. It gets difficult when working in rush hours and before stat holidays. overall good place to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.