Loblaw Employee Reviews

Travail axé sur la productivité
Directrice (Current Employee) –  Rawdon, QC16 December 2017
-Gestion journalière du personnel qui est syndiqué ,RH

-S'assurer que les tâches journalières de l'équipe de gestion sont
effectués de façon à augmenter la rentabilité du magasin.
Pros
Très bon avantages sociaux et 10% d'escompte sur nos produits en magasin
Cons
Formation des gens négligé
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON13 December 2017
Great organization with likable managers and co workers. I would recommend this position to any hard working individuals looking to exceed and enjoy teamwork.
Fun workplace
HMR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2017
Overall good job. Easy to adapt and learn. The environment is fun and accepting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers and dealing with negative situations.
Pros
Employee discount, discount on GoodLife membership
bon travail étudiant
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Angus, ON12 December 2017
Comme travail étudiant, le loblaws a été un très bon commencement. J'ai eu beaucoup plus de tâches que je devais avoir et cela m'a aidé.
Terrible workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 December 2017
Everyone there was extremely unprofessional.
It felt like I was back in high school with all of the drama that went throughout the workplace. Just overall terrible, lots of workplace abuse.
Pros
money i guess
Cons
terrible everything
Colleagues are ok but over all company communication needs to be improved a lot
Financial Administrator/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2017
Typical day at work is payroll and attendance. weekly paper works for generation and submission to respective departments. The store operation is ok its just that when we need help regarding prices adjustment so the store prices can be competitive we ask head office departments but we go home empty handed either our email will have an unending forward message to more than ten person in several departments, we are practically clueless on where to find help. most the time they would implement something but they are not prepared for the downside of it or not prepare to correct what ever future mistake may occur during and after the implementation.
Employés chaleureux
Commis (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)5 December 2017
On débutait vers 6h30 le matin. Nous devions faire la tournée de toutes les tables présentant des fruits et légumes et retirer tout ce qui n'atteignait pas les standards de qualité. Ensuite, on devait remplir à nouveau les tables avec les produits de l’arrière marché.
Pros
10% de rabais sur certaine marchandises
Cons
Horaire
Family like atmosphere
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 December 2017
I enjoy my job and co workers but sadly after many years my store has decided to close its doors,
Some people do tend to feel a little too secure in there jobs because of the union in place and are lazy.
Pros
Free food in staff room
Cons
replaceable, unappreciated while the lazy people get promoted because of being employed longer.
Number 1 in food distribution for a reason
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2017
Loblaws is number 1 in Canadian food distribution for a reason. The management in their previously corporate owned DC's was top notch. I really appreciated the family atmosphere.
was really good place to work
Transportation and Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 December 2017
this job was best one I ever work to the our was good and benefits was awesome and people was great to work with but with the big lay off was one of them to be lay off
Great company to work for
Logistics Operational Manageer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 December 2017
Lead a team of 15 staff responsible for executing the flow transportation for Eastern Canada. This encompassed grocery, floral, frozen, fresh, dairy, apparel and GM (Seasonal Items) commodities sourced from Canada and the US. Responsibilities include the identification of preferred carriers, negotiation of rates.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Productive workplace and a great atmosphere
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 December 2017
I love my job at Loblaws because the staff are friendly, and the atmosphere is so great. Everyone has such a positive attitude and we are all committed to getting the job done.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours cut a lot
Great exciting workplace
MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN NETWORK DESIGN (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 November 2017
Great culture, salary is low but it is an enjoyable place to work. Head office has a gym and great lunches. Work life balance is relatively normal and the type of work and opportunities are pretty good,
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Fast paced
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 November 2017
Fast paced work environment based completely off of seniority and ability to gain extra money from incentive bonus. Job security for the time being is excellent. Automation in the future may be a possibility due to competetors taking that route
Pros
Extra income available
Cons
Extremely physical
Working in the pharmacy
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 November 2017
Can be hectic with unending patients dropping off prescriptions while the phones are all ringing.

The hourly rate does climb faster; however; this may be because of working as a pharmacy assistant.

The best part of the day is when every patient is happy and gets their medication.

Pharmacy manager is generally a very down to earth kind of person.
Pros
Very busy
Cons
A bit lower salary cap
fun place with friendly people to work with
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2017
My job title at Loblaw was an assembler. My job was picking food orders for Superstores groceries stores all over Calgary. The company has three different shifts.
Pros
Friendly people always willing to help.
Cons
heavy lifting
Great company to work for
Investigator Westerm Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2017
This company is a good company to work for and has room for advancement within the company. The company is a safe environment to work in as well with company always looking to improve.
Pros
good company
Cons
Awful department and store to work in
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC23 November 2017
I would have to agree with the guy/lady who also wrote a review for the West Kelowna store in the meat department...

The managers in the meat department are awful, the store managers do nothing about it. I worked there for 2 years and it was the worst job I ever had, period. Moody meat managers who act like children and the other staff didn't help either. The mood in the department was always grim, and obviously very cold. Do not apply here if you're someone who doesn't like the cold, your hands will be numb a lot and handling frozen product for 5 hrs. + is really hard on your hands.

I noticed the managers sometimes dropping product on the ground then picking it up as wrapping it anyways. The same floor we all walked on and used! The department is gross, the equipment and back rooms are always dirty. Cleaning up at night is the worst shift, you have to squeegee the floor of blood and guts then do tons of other jobs on top of that. Finishing your "list" is always a hard thing to do as you will almost never have enough time to do so. Especially around thanksgiving and Christmas when you have to fill the turkey bins every 30 minutes.

It may seem like all I'm doing is complaining but there really isn't many positives working in this department in this store. If you have feelings and want a positive environment to work in, this isn't the place. Apply elsewhere in the store. You can tell that no one likes working there because they're always hiring and tons of people quit when I worked there for reasons I mentioned above or because the manager gets picky with prospective
  more... employees. I had a couple friends who got written up for no reason in order to try and get them fired.  less
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Managers, cold, bad staff, no job security, very fast environment, no downtime
Happy work environment
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NS22 November 2017
Happy colleagues make a happy day on the job. Staff members are always willing to help each other with everything they do. Very clean environment to work in
Benefits
Cons
Busy days
dominion blackmarsh road
Photographer and electronics department assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 November 2017
great employees to work for, benefits were too expensive, there were no opportunities for advancement and no job security and amount of hours received changed too frequently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.