LMS Reinforcing Steel Group

LMS Reinforcing Steel Group Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews

Pretty difficult work

Alot of heavy lifting and dealing with steel. I enjoyed it for a bit but after awhile not for me. Hardest part was lifting steel one place to the other. Easiest was tying walls.

terrible

they treat you terrible cuss and scream at you pay you minimum wage and starve you of hours when they are done with you. LMS is the worst construction company in BC by far.

Not for someone who has Experience

I was really excited to work for this company and the projects they had going on, but soon i was told i would get a raise after 3 months. Never received a raise, nor a review. I had over 5 years of experience and made sure i brought value to the job and in return I got put down because of my ask. They do not pay well and expect you to go to the moon for them.

Pros

Great team to work with on the project

Cons

No support, bad pay

All around solid place to work.

I received the job literally on shift at a McDonald's drive-thru, and I was at the job site the next day. Within a week I was working my first shift and everything seemed pretty good. Everyone knew what they were doing, and we all worked together hard. The training process leaves a lot to be desired in terms of approachability with questions about reinforcing job site safety. That's all I'd add if I had to, but for the most part it was a really good work experience.

Pros

Lots of paid, same day OT.

Cons

Some doubt about on-site safety.

Advancement and Opportunity even with no experience

Seen LMS hire new workers who have absolutely no experience in the industry, turns them into quality rodbusters who are amazing in the trade. Through ongoing training, and growth from within the company workers are never short of opportunities to build a career. The work is hard, and at times stressful. But if you are looking for somewhere to become a successful ironworker LMS is where you should be.

Pros

Training, Advancement

Cons

Extreme weather conditions

Worse .

They didnot care about their employees the general foreman is very rude . They never give you raise but during interview time they told u that after 4 months u get raise but after one year i donot get that raise and i leave LMS . Every day site change and u have to carry a bunch of your tools to another sites .

Insufficient job

The pay is not enough for me for the job type and I have stay for like 10 months without raise and no enough job in in winter time and no layoff for ei

Good

I have had only positive experiences so far here, I get along well with employees I have came across, whether that be a fellow steel worker or an office admin. Nice place to work, normal hours.

If you're a smoker, this jobs for you

Because of the working outside aspect of this job, a smoker can whip one out at any time and light it. Other than that, this place is a last resort for whoever is in dire need of income.

if you work hard, you will get along with everyone

I worked at this company for multiple years. Great people in the company. Was a great place for me to thrive and advance in my trade. Great inhouse training provided to employees by certified teachers. Hard work but good pay. Great benefits.

opportunity to learn, team work, high production

Hard working, but also long hour. Good environment. the breaks need to be little longer especially during long days. Also need to improve rates, good training and benefits

Pros

Trainings, benefits

Cons

Long hour, short breaks

Reality

I worked there 8 months, it was my first job I was never late, I always do what they asked, I worked 15$/h I even got injured an they say was my fault I louvered my head and continue work and work the best, even when it snow or rain. I say Good Morning every day, I do my best for the company. I even supported and do all they offered, because i wanted be part of the family. Then one day, i was fired because I feel it was not safe what they asked me to do, i was sad because i really loved the company and my job... Then I write my letter as someone that respected them, thank you for all. You teach me a lot about reality....

Pros

Teach

Cons

Reality

Great company to start off an ironworking career

LMS was great to work with me and a schedule that suited me best for single parents. Pay was great , and good learning experience was awesome. Fun environment and great co-workers.

Salary 18 $ dollars

First of all , you have to be mental to do reinforcing steel or rebar for 18 dollars per hr Job is demanding they said 50 lbs rule well thats not rule in rebar there is no limit you can't lift go home. Union 725 local calgary pays for same job 21 or 22 dollars not sure and benefits right away no waiting period

Pros

Off days

Cons

Not paid enough for hard work

I like qorking at LMS because it helped me when i was new here in BC

LMS hire anyone who is fit and strong to lift 25 to 50 lb.so is food when you don't have any big in in place to start at LMS LMS guve you trending and new Stat.

Productive, busy and safe work place

From management to the field everyone is great to work with. They have a very good RSP plan and benefit package for their workers and insist on safety and production working hand in hand. If you work hard you will see opportunities open up for advancement in the company. By far one of the better companies I have had the privilege of working for.

Pros

RSP plan, benefits, busy work place with lots of hours, room to advance

Lack of trust

due to management changes there became an issue trusting if you had a job the next day! Received no pay raises, was told would never receive one as was at top of pay scale and no where to move in company.

lots of exercise

lots of fun and good experiences . you get to bond with the people around you . you see lots of the city and gain a lot of character .learn alot about your self.

Pros

good stories and interesting people

Cons

sometimes alot of clicks and favoritisme

It was a great place to work.

This was a company that had two owners one which was the driving force of the company and the other one that was the people person and of course he was the more liked one. :-) Loved my direct boss, the CFO of the company, very easy going and under his guidance I learnt a lot about accounting. It was a great place to work. As the years went on my job positions grew, went from A/P & Payroll to handing over the A/P and purely overseeing the payroll to finally managing the payroll with two payroll assistants and eventually, as more and more folk were taken on, creating and running HR. Which was at that time very much required when the company started growing to the point of 'office politics'.

Pros

Great flexibility in my position

Cons

Not so great executive management.

enjpyed it but wasn't my forte

it was a great work place but wasn't a fit for me, i enjoyed the people and the work. i just couldn't see myself doing that for the rest of my life. i would recommend it for hard workers of the physical trades

Good company to work with good benefits package and RRSP

Great company to work for, good culture, treated you with respect and have decent benefits. Lots of work with overtime available and rapid growth in the company.

Pros

lots of hours, steady work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LMS Reinforcing Steel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement