LMS Reinforcing Steel Group Employee Reviews

Reality
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 June 2019
I worked there 8 months, it was my first job

I was never late,
I always do what they asked,
I worked 15$/h
I even got injured an they say was my fault
I louvered my head and continue work and work the best, even when it snow or rain.
I say Good Morning every day, I do my best for the company.
I even supported and do all they offered, because i wanted be part of the family.
Then one day, i was fired because I feel it was not safe what they asked me to do, i was sad because i really loved the company and my job...
Then I write my letter as someone that respected them, thank you for all. You teach me a lot about reality....
Pros
Teach
Cons
Reality
Great company to start off an ironworking career
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2019
LMS was great to work with me and a schedule that suited me best for single parents.
Pay was great , and good learning experience was awesome. Fun environment and great co-workers.
Salary 18 $ dollars
Reinforcing Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2018
First of all , you have to be mental to do reinforcing steel or rebar for 18 dollars per hr
Job is demanding they said 50 lbs rule well thats not rule in rebar there is no limit you can't lift go home.
Union 725 local calgary pays for same job 21 or 22 dollars not sure and benefits right away no waiting period
Pros
Off days
Cons
Not paid enough for hard work
I like qorking at LMS because it helped me when i was new here in BC
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2018
LMS hire anyone who is fit and strong to lift 25 to 50 lb.so is food when you don't have any big in in place to start at LMS
LMS guve you trending and new Stat.
Productive, busy and safe work place
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2018
From management to the field everyone is great to work with. They have a very good RSP plan and benefit package for their workers and insist on safety and production working hand in hand. If you work hard you will see opportunities open up for advancement in the company. By far one of the better companies I have had the privilege of working for.
Pros
RSP plan, benefits, busy work place with lots of hours, room to advance
Lack of trust
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 March 2018
due to management changes there became an issue trusting if you had a job the next day! Received no pay raises, was told would never receive one as was at top of pay scale and no where to move in company.
lots of exercise
labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
lots of fun and good experiences . you get to bond with the people around you . you see lots of the city and gain a lot of character .learn alot about your self.
Pros
good stories and interesting people
Cons
sometimes alot of clicks and favoritisme
It was a great place to work.
Payroll & HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 August 2017
This was a company that had two owners one which was the driving force of the company and the other one that was the people person and of course he was the more liked one. :-)

Loved my direct boss, the CFO of the company, very easy going and under his guidance I learnt a lot about accounting. It was a great place to work.

As the years went on my job positions grew, went from A/P & Payroll to handing over the A/P and purely overseeing the payroll to finally managing the payroll with two payroll assistants and eventually, as more and more folk were taken on, creating and running HR. Which was at that time very much required when the company started growing to the point of 'office politics'.
Pros
Great flexibility in my position
Cons
Not so great executive management.
enjpyed it but wasn't my forte
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2017
it was a great work place but wasn't a fit for me, i enjoyed the people and the work. i just couldn't see myself doing that for the rest of my life. i would recommend it for hard workers of the physical trades
Good company to work with good benefits package and RRSP
Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2017
Great company to work for, good culture, treated you with respect and have decent benefits.
Lots of work with overtime available and rapid growth in the company.
Pros
lots of hours, steady work
not bad
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2017
not bad. However not steady work. Some weeks would work 10 hr days and then be sitting at home for a few days. Foremans were not fully capable of handling crews at times.
management is horrible
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2017
this company with hold back on your life to better there's.Lms British Columbia is where lms is best.Night and day difference between Alberta and bc. You are treated as a number and not a valuable employee.They would rather give you a truck payment instead of a future or retirement plan.You are quickly pushed out the door if you disagree with the way you are treated. i hope this will stop for the owners have no idea what is goin on here or how there good employees are treated.
Pros
still have some work
Cons
still have work
Is a good company. Very busy
Leadhand (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
I liked the company as I knew where I was going to v located. There is lots of hours. They have a great benefit package and rrsps.
fast paced environment
general labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB, different construction site28 November 2014
a typical day at work starts at 7 am whatever the weather is, we go trough a little meetings concerning permanent or temporary hazards. we discuss about the daily task and their deadlines after that, we receive our assignation on whichever construction site we are working on. the co-workers are generally kind and patient with beginners but expect them to learn quickly so they could work by themselves to help achieve fast paced results. by the way, i am a multi tasked experienced guy and a fast learner as well. hardest part of the job is when u hear from your foreman that the site has to be shutted down because of bad weather which is not really good for someone that wants to cumulate a maximum of hours. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you realized at the end that all this work is for interior structures as roofs, ceilings,walls, elevators cages or exteriors structures as towers, bridges. andof course the greetings of your co-workers and supervisor or foreman