LMS Reinforcing Steel Group

LMS Reinforcing Steel Group Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Alot of heavy lifting and dealing with steel. I enjoyed it for a bit but after awhile not for me. Hardest part was lifting steel one place to the other. Easiest was tying walls.
They didnot care about their employees the general foreman is very rude . They never give you raise but during interview time they told u that after 4 months u get raise but after one year i donot get that raise and i leave LMS . Every day site change and u have to carry a bunch of your tools to another sites .
The pay is not enough for me for the job type and I have stay for like 10 months without raise and no enough job in in winter time and no layoff for ei
I have had only positive experiences so far here, I get along well with employees I have came across, whether that be a fellow steel worker or an office admin. Nice place to work, normal hours.
Because of the working outside aspect of this job, a smoker can whip one out at any time and light it. Other than that, this place is a last resort for whoever is in dire need of income.
I worked at this company for multiple years. Great people in the company. Was a great place for me to thrive and advance in my trade. Great inhouse training provided to employees by certified teachers. Hard work but good pay. Great benefits.
Hard working, but also long hour. Good environment. the breaks need to be little longer especially during long days. Also need to improve rates, good training and benefits
Pros
Trainings, benefits
Cons
Long hour, short breaks
I worked there 8 months, it was my first job

I was never late,

I always do what they asked,

I worked 15$/h

I even got injured an they say was my fault

I louvered my head and continue work and work the best, even when it snow or rain.

I say Good Morning every day, I do my best for the company.

I even supported and do all they offered, because i wanted be part of the family.

Then one day, i was fired because I feel it was not safe what they asked me to do, i was sad because i really loved the company and my job...

Then I write my letter as someone that respected them, thank you for all. You teach me a lot about reality....
Pros
Teach
Cons
Reality
LMS was great to work with me and a schedule that suited me best for single parents.
Pay was great , and good learning experience was awesome. Fun environment and great co-workers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LMS Reinforcing Steel Group?
First of all , you have to be mental to do reinforcing steel or rebar for 18 dollars per hr
Job is demanding they said 50 lbs rule well thats not rule in rebar there is no limit you can't lift go home.

Union 725 local calgary pays for same job 21 or 22 dollars not sure and benefits right away no waiting period
Pros
Off days
Cons
Not paid enough for hard work
LMS hire anyone who is fit and strong to lift 25 to 50 lb.so is food when you don't have any big in in place to start at LMS
LMS guve you trending and new Stat.
From management to the field everyone is great to work with. They have a very good RSP plan and benefit package for their workers and insist on safety and production working hand in hand. If you work hard you will see opportunities open up for advancement in the company. By far one of the better companies I have had the privilege of working for.
Pros
RSP plan, benefits, busy work place with lots of hours, room to advance
due to management changes there became an issue trusting if you had a job the next day! Received no pay raises, was told would never receive one as was at top of pay scale and no where to move in company.
lots of fun and good experiences . you get to bond with the people around you . you see lots of the city and gain a lot of character .learn alot about your self.
Pros
good stories and interesting people
Cons
sometimes alot of clicks and favoritisme
This was a company that had two owners one which was the driving force of the company and the other one that was the people person and of course he was the more liked one. :-)

Loved my direct boss, the CFO of the company, very easy going and under his guidance I learnt a lot about accounting. It was a great place to work.

As the years went on my job positions grew, went from A/P & Payroll to handing over the A/P and purely overseeing the payroll to finally managing the payroll with two payroll assistants and eventually, as more and more folk were taken on, creating and running HR. Which was at that time very much required when the company started growing to the point of 'office politics'.
Pros
Great flexibility in my position
Cons
Not so great executive management.
it was a great work place but wasn't a fit for me, i enjoyed the people and the work. i just couldn't see myself doing that for the rest of my life. i would recommend it for hard workers of the physical trades
Great company to work for, good culture, treated you with respect and have decent benefits.
Lots of work with overtime available and rapid growth in the company.
Pros
lots of hours, steady work
not bad. However not steady work. Some weeks would work 10 hr days and then be sitting at home for a few days. Foremans were not fully capable of handling crews at times.
this company with hold back on your life to better there's.Lms British Columbia is where lms is best.Night and day difference between Alberta and bc. You are treated as a number and not a valuable employee.They would rather give you a truck payment instead of a future or retirement plan.You are quickly pushed out the door if you disagree with the way you are treated. i hope this will stop for the owners have no idea what is goin on here or how there good employees are treated.
Pros
still have some work
Cons
still have work
I liked the company as I knew where I was going to v located. There is lots of hours. They have a great benefit package and rrsps.
a typical day at work starts at 7 am whatever the weather is, we go trough a little meetings concerning permanent or temporary hazards. we discuss about the daily task and their deadlines after that, we receive our assignation on whichever construction site we are working on. the co-workers are generally kind and patient with beginners but expect them to learn quickly so they could work by themselves to help achieve fast paced results. by the way, i am a multi tasked experienced guy and a fast learner as well. hardest part of the job is when u hear from your foreman that the site has to be shutted down because of bad weather which is not really good for someone that wants to cumulate a maximum of hours. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you realized at the end that all this work is for interior structures as roofs, ceilings,walls, elevators cages or exteriors structures as towers, bridges. andof course the greetings of your co-workers and supervisor or foreman