LMI Technologies Employee Reviews

Great culture and interesting work. All around excellent place to work.
Senior RD Staff (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC23 June 2016
LMI has a great culture and treats its employees well. The work place is easygoing but effective, a difficult balance to achieve. People are very approachable and reasonable, even including senior management. You feel like you are a part of a highly functional team and we are all in it together.

The work itself is fairly interesting because we are always in the process of innovating and creating new products. We are open to new ideas, and for people to gain additional technical expertise or leadership responsibilities.

There are also many good perks, include catered lunches on Tuesdays, annual getaways, excellent benefits, telecommuting days etc.

Overall it is a great company to work for, with little to complain about. One common complaint is the location, which will change soon. The attraction of this place is evident in the long tenures of the many good and talented people here.
Pros
Great culture, interesting work
Cons
Location, unreliable air conditioning
Flexible and Friendly workplace with summer BBQ
Manufacturing Technologist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2016
During my 9 years of working for LMI , I never had to compromise my needs for family because of LMI's flexible work hour policy. Best company to work for if you consider work life balance as a primary requirement. Employees and management were not only helpful to make my job easier but also helpful to get my personal priorities on track. Free snacks, weekly lunch, team building events, charismas party , profit sharing are only few of the perks that comes along with a completive salary.
Pros
Fun and friendly job environment
Cons
Free lunch is served only once a week
Engaging work environment with great perks and many opportunities to learn on the job
Software Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC22 June 2016
LMI is full of incredibly smart and talented people. The most interesting part of LMI would have to be the sheer diversity of different technologies in use. We design and build everything from the low-level hardware, to firmware, to desktop and web software.

We use Agile methodologies in our development process, which allows a good level of adaptability and predictability when it comes to upcoming product requirements. Team members are both professional and easy-going, and great effort is taken to ensure that everyone is clear on our common goals for each sprint and release. Everyone is encouraged to share information and learn from each other throughout the development process.

Salaried employees enjoy quarterly profit-sharing, plus health and dental benefits. There are a number of other great perks as well, such as free catered lunches on Tuesdays, and the option to work remotely once a week. Fun events are held throughout the year on many notable holidays, including costume competitions, prize draws, and charity raffles.

Another big plus - the office uses waist-high dividers instead of the old-school 7-foot cubicle walls to provide an open feeling to the office. I have worked in companies that use the high cubicle walls, and felt shut out from my co-workers; I much prefer this setup.

If I had to pick one con, it would have to be the location (I work at the Vancouver office). Annacis Island is very industrial, and is not a particularly pretty place to work. However, the company is looking to move very soon, so this will likely be a moot point soon.

Overall,
  more... LMI is an engaging work environment, with many opportunities to learn and explore different technologies.  less
Pros
Free lunches on Tuesdays, ability to work remotely once per week, and extremely interesting technology
Cons
Office location is not ideal
Great people, interesting products, challenging development.
Sensor Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC22 June 2016
I currently work at LMI as of this writing as a Sensor Software Engineer. A typical day involves hammering out the latest iteration of the on-sensor algorithms, debugging the firmware-update process, and supporting today's issues on the factory floor. The first year has been a crash course in practical structured light algorithms, embedded architectures, and writing bulletproof automation. My team has a great atmosphere, and overall the people are the best part of the experience. The biggest challenge is ensuring support for legacy products (and their legacy APIs). A sensor software engineer gets to participate hands-on in the development of new sensor families, which is very rewarding, though can involve some tight deadlines. Flexible office hours allow me to work around the usual commuting headaches.
Pros
Good atmosphere, free tuesday lunch, will require your technical A-game.
Cons
Wide range of responsibilities is a challenge to your time management.
Great culture, engaging work!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC22 June 2016
LMI is a great company with real vision. Different departments and teams all come together for common goals in a really cohesive way. If you are an engaged employee, management will absolutely take notice and help you to advance and succeed. Management will definitely have expectations of your work quality, but they are also proportionally appreciative of the work that you do. The culture here is very friendly and it is easy to get to know people. The flexible hours and telecommuting options are a bonus.
Great place to work with lots of benefits and good pay
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC22 June 2016
Having been at LMI for several years, I have had the opportunity to work on many interesting and challenging projects. The people at LMI is what makes this company great. Everyone works in a collaborative environment focused on the end goal of delivering a great product.

Most people, but not all have the ability to work from home as well as flex time which is great when you have appointments or want to avoid traffic.

The company pays for continuing education when deemed relevant to the job and promotes people who are deserving through their hard work and results.
Pros
Free Tuesday lunches, summer and xmas parties and good group of people
Cons
Traffic on Anacis island
Great company to work for
RD Staff (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC22 June 2016
Great place to work for, with a fun, dynamic, and efficient work culture, and competitive salaries, perks, and benefits. Management is reasonable with focus on getting things done, therefore more flexible when it comes to work hours.
Good Company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC20 April 2015
Quickly growing company. Good benefits. Nice people to work with. Free lunch every Tuesday. The manufacturing environment quite noisy.
Good to work for, but not long-term.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC13 August 2014
Company is alright, but it's going in circles and cannot make any decisions. Their system is way below par.
Pros
Pay and Benfits, Free lunch every week.
Cons
managment, company structure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LMI Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4