LKQ/Keystone Automotive Industries Inc. Employee Reviews

Cut throat environment, poor management, major lack of corporate structure.
Parts handler (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO4 June 2018
One of the most stressful environments you can work in. Bad management. Huge turnover. Been here almost a year and can't even count how many different people I've worked with. Parts always going missing or are damaged. Everybody lacks training. Corporate involvement is a joke. Would not recommend this place to anybody. You can work 100 hours plus in a two week pay period and still be told you're not doing enough.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pretty much everything
Fun place to work in.
Transmission tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK20 May 2018
It was a fun job. Got to tear down transmissions and figure out what went wrong and fix the part and get the rebuild the transmission and find out if it's gonna work
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
No cigarette breaks
worked too many hours and drove to far to get to work and then drove another 200miles
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO11 May 2018
was great until they moved way out east which added another hour and a half to my day. Learned a lot about car parts and how to interact with customers.
Management was pretty good, varies culture, the hardest part was getting parts loaded to get out of warehouse and on to route more rapidly. The most enjoyable were coworkers and the customers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long routes
Fun Place To Work
Cherry Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR25 April 2018
At LKQ/Keystone, the warehouse is the easiest and most relaxes atmosphere Ive ever worked in. The hours are 4am-1pm, which were perfect since Id just had a newborn. In general, though, those hours are perfect for anything you need to do. Id like to reire from LKQ.
Pros
Breaks, hours, pay, co-workers
Cons
HR Director
Dirty place to work
Grinder (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MN4 April 2018
Dirty place to work. Very physical jobs and demanding on the body. It’s impossible to stay clean working there. It’s poor working conditions. Very hot in the summer and and constantly covered in metal dust
nothing
Delivery/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 March 2018
Demanding, Dont care about employees, the better you show you are the worse they abuse you. I really have nothing to say my experience here ok at first, to demanding, it will wear you down fast they will abuse you, and they will spit you out, If you get hurt dont report it, you will get fired if they file a workers comp claim on your behalf
Like to work with a embodiment of people and team work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJ28 March 2018
I did like the job but never see the the managesment really care and how much timen and dedication workers put into his company and when it come to the year review seen to care about a compensation to our hard work.
Pros
Good lunch time no free food
Cons
Never a pay race always a excuse
stressful work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA12 March 2018
watching over your shoulder ,cant talk to other employees ,having to do so called supervisors work plus your own. unfair . the job is ok management is very unfair
Long days
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA26 February 2018
Based on the time that I worked at Keystone, it was a challenging job, that required long days, and very few rewards. I was treated fairly, but was expected to do more with less. Too often ideas for improvement went no further than the management, where they most often went unrealized
Pros
Steady work, Medical & dental benifits
Cons
Long hours, lack of appreciation.
working in lkQ
soda blast (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA17 February 2018
working their was good with nice colleagues but they also should understand the problems of their employees for example when i was seeking for swing shift for almost 1 months before my college was about start they did not give me any night shift jobs after promising that they will give me one.
About JKL
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, IL14 February 2018
Hard work. Very busy. be prepared to work in the elements. at 8 am, identify engines and parts that were to be recycled and then tag as such. also, identify engines and parts that were to be restocked. enter into the computer accounts that were to receive credit for recycling.Then boxed all cored engines and transmissions.Secured them in box by binding them. With forklift transported to scale to be be weighed and labelled the weight on boxes.
Pros
was busy and time went by quickly
Most employees are awesom to work with except a few
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Conway, AR10 February 2018
The upper management is awesome. Will do what he can to help in any way he can. Supervisors are lazy and do not do things as they should. Not willing to help in a pinch.
eh
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY7 February 2018
clock in review returned parts
some managers were very good other lacking the ability to manage even their own tempers. not a super friendly workplace culture. the hardest part f the job is the bitter cold from winter almost no place inside to get warm...wear double layers in winter
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive an good place to work
Yard guy (Former Employee) –  Newark, OH6 February 2018
I liked working there I had fun with the people I worked with got along with everyone it is an easy job if u like to work on or take cars parts off an tearing engine apart.
Fast pace work place, Hard but rewarding work!
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI2 February 2018
I did enjoy the work, hard but fun work. Had many duty's contacting costumers and get back to dispatch see if they still wanted us to ship the item. Also load trucks.
Not a fun work place
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsburg, GA30 January 2018
I been here going on three years and I'm still at 11 dollars I lift doors constantly been doing every since i started I asked to move out of qc management won't let me I work hard and feel unappreciated we a always hear what we did wrong never good job or you Guy did good
It was okay
Scrimmer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MI25 January 2018
The job was stressful and I did bit enjoy it. The environment was dirty and unfriendly. Management was uninvolved and unfriendly. There was no attempt to provide comfort for weather situations; i.e. heat.
Rarely fully staffed
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH16 January 2018
Constant revolving door with employment of drivers causes constant training and inefficiency. A large percentage of the delivery staff act disgruntled and complain constantly which breeds negativity among them. This is mainly due to the unrealistic route time estimations that the drivers are told they should be able to achieve. Another contributing factor would be the addition of work being distributed due to lack of employees. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay positive. T
Great and fun place to work
Auto Dismantler (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH10 January 2018
Very fast paced. Had quite a few injuries at times but nothing major. management was great. They treat you respectively there. would definitely consider working here again.
cut throat,stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MI5 January 2018
They have there favorites that make them more money,but they also hand them customers so they can make that money.They have everyone on a different pay scale.If you started out hourly,they will take you off and make you commission only @ a low percentage,but yet they have other people on high percentage commission.NOT a fair place to work at.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
nothing really