LKQ Corporation

LKQ Corporation Employee Reviews

Every job has it's good and bad days there where alot more good days here then bad but when the days where bad it was super tough place to work.not knowing who the boss is somedays was tough. When I was there I work hard and fast and sometimes I was put down for that. They where pretty good when you needed to go for appointments and got benefits after 3 months. The pay wasn't anything over the top but it worked.
Pros
Inside work, benefits, boot allowance
Cons
Confused staff, lazy coworkers
Its a great place to work I worked there for grade 11 pre-co-op and Im hoping to get hired on soon because i just sent my resume to them. guys are all fun to hang around with and talk to. everyone is chill and calm.
Pros
more breaks then any other autowreckers.
Une entreprise où une grande majorité d'employés sont heureux d'entrer travailler et cela se sent. Malheureusement la Covid-19 a changé la donne et je n'ai pas pu rester longtemps pour eux. Mais soyez assuré que j'y retournerais demain matin 😊
Pros
Environnement de travail et coéquipiers
Cons
Flot d'appels quelque fois trop important
Day to day this was a basic warehouse job. As a warehouse worker you come in and are assigned a task or series of tasks from your supervisor... Could be order picking, could be unloading a container, building skids, staging etc. Pretty standard stuff.Full time delivery drivers had a set area of the city that they covered everyday which was nice because it gives the opportunity to get very familiar with a route and the customers. Eventually, they combined the roles of warehouse and driving staff and made it so everyone hired has to have a license and must be willing to do deliveries, but didn't offer any extra pay or bonus after raising the required starting qualifications for the job... On top of that you'd be thrown onto a new route constantly that you might not be familiar with and didn't know the customers shops. While the full-time drivers were allowed to do a route over and over to become familiar, you'd be left to meets the same standards but with little chance to get comfortable and learn. You'd do your best but still get told you took too long or it should be done faster. Then the next time you are asked to drive you try to rush and that leads to mistakes... Which you are then told that you're screwing up too much or simply pulled aside and written up. Direct supervisors seemed to understand more when things didn't go as planned and tried to listen and work with you. Too bad that effort seemed to get overshadowed by the operations manager who would sit in his office all day, only appearing to walk around just to make staff feel uncomfortable (imagine trying to work and - more...
Pros
clean work place, nice equipment, friendly coworkers
Cons
poor management, toxic culture, high expectations for average pay
Having worked at privately owned dealerships most of my working career, it was nice to work for a company where I wasn't micro-managed to death. Lots of corporate activities (golf tournaments, comedy nights, team building dinners, etc...) and a decent life/work balance.
worked there for 10 years lots of room for advancement, lots of perks to the job. Management can be hard at times. But work environment is great. lots of friendly staff
Pros
free lunch
Cons
dirty job
great day at work pretty relaxed environment not a lot of stress, pay is good to plus incentives and commissions on top of that I had a really good experience so far
Most of the coworkers are helpful. There could be 1 or 2 who might not want you to progress. Very underpaid. Work environment is too strict. Call centre work environment and culture. Employees are considered slaves where bosses and supervisors do not care for their employees. You are not allowed to take days off be it sick days or personal. They do not accept sick note or any other excuses. If you happen to take a day off, they have plans to fire you. Very inhuman.
good place to work on variety of vechiles and good work atmosphere when managment isnt always micro managing,good starting wage and great hours clean enviroment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LKQ Corporation?
Remercié de mes services sans préavis. Après 2 ans de service, mon poste a été aboli pour donner à un sous-traitant.
decent place to work dismantling vehicles figuring out how they come apart learning how manufactures put together there vehicles finding modules can be a pain
Pros
learing how vehicles come apart
Cons
no tool or coverall allowance
Overall, working for LKQ was a great experience and I thoroughly enjoyed working there. All of my co-workers and management staff were easy to get along with, the work was relatively enjoyable and the work hours were great. I would personally be still working at LKQ if it were for medical reasons preventing me from doing the job.
They make promises about job advancements and regular wage increases but don’t follow through and the company is the worst company I have ever worked for. Management is totally clueless and over paid and the more you do for them the more they expect
Everyday is something new. There are many positions and opportunities at this company. They are all across Canada, the US and Europe. Opportunity to move locations if needed.
Great group of people. Good salary. However, you are just a number. To many boss'. I got pulled multiple directions and would get introuble. Hard to advance in the company. I asked for assistance with building my portfolio to move up in the company, never recieved a response. Later that year I was told I was not making an ambitious enough to move up. Some management are great, others are not qualified to be in the position they are in. Great disappointment for working with LKQ. I was extremely excited to finally get the opertunity to work with them. However, by the end of my employment I could care less.
I believe that this could be a long term career for most as the current staff has a large number that have been there 10 to 25 years. They have pizza days, Ice cream days, casual days etc and due to the fact that they are only open Monday to Friday 8 to 5 your guaranteed no weekends.
Management needs a lot of work. When I started there the first GM was amazing and attentive to both customers and employees. When he moved to his own location and handed his title down to the sales manager, everything went down hill. The manager will throw you under the bus with customers, feeds into drama and rumors, he will do anything to avoid conflict, he avoids customers and employees if they are difficult or just doesn't want to talk. Other than that it was a lovely place to work and the pay was good and rewarding
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Manager
I have been there 10 months now and I don't think i have gotten the best experience to give for a general review strictly because they are going to a large transitional period at the moment with a big move to Niagara Falls from Hamilton It has been quite hectic with upper management devising new plans for the future. That being said the supervisors there are great and the work is always consistent and i don't have much bad to say about the company what so ever.
HArcellement psychologique au boutte fait toi pas mal car tu va vivre l enfer ressources humaines pas là pour t aider une belle gang d hypocrite te flatte dans le dos et quand tu te tourne c'est un coup de bat de baseball en gang toujours a faire des commentaires non constructif les personnes qui ont un poste clef abuse de leurs pouvoirs et Power trip accoté.ils te mettent a terre pour que tu abandonne et ensuite continue à te pourrir la vie. Veulent avoir l air de ce qu'ils seront jamais.va travailler au ciné parc c'est mieux que la succursale de sainte Sophie.
Pros
Rien
Cons
Tout est fake
great place nice people to work for. everyone happy so make it easier to get along. you can learn new thing everyday here with car parts, and always room to move forward..
Pros
pension plans
Cons
30 min lunch
my time at lkq was not very pleasant it is a very hostile work environment fast paced the manager is quick to frustration and long time employees are given final say
  1. Employee reviews