LKQ Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 44 reviews matching the search See all 1,128 reviews
Good company, slightly disorganized
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada4 October 2019
Great group of people. Good salary. However, you are just a number. To many boss'. I got pulled multiple directions and would get introuble. Hard to advance in the company. I asked for assistance with building my portfolio to move up in the company, never recieved a response. Later that year I was told I was not making an ambitious enough to move up. Some management are great, others are not qualified to be in the position they are in. Great disappointment for working with LKQ. I was extremely excited to finally get the opertunity to work with them. However, by the end of my employment I could care less.
So far they have been very good to me and the staff I'm working with very helpful during my training days
Inside Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 September 2019
I believe that this could be a long term career for most as the current staff has a large number that have been there 10 to 25 years.

They have pizza days, Ice cream days, casual days etc and due to the fact that they are only open Monday to Friday 8 to 5 your guaranteed no weekends.
Busy Commission based job
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2019
Management needs a lot of work. When I started there the first GM was amazing and attentive to both customers and employees. When he moved to his own location and handed his title down to the sales manager, everything went down hill. The manager will throw you under the bus with customers, feeds into drama and rumors, he will do anything to avoid conflict, he avoids customers and employees if they are difficult or just doesn't want to talk. Other than that it was a lovely place to work and the pay was good and rewarding
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Manager
The work is consistent and always lots to be done
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  404 Fruitland road15 August 2019
I have been there 10 months now and I don't think i have gotten the best experience to give for a general review strictly because they are going to a large transitional period at the moment with a big move to Niagara Falls from Hamilton It has been quite hectic with upper management devising new plans for the future. That being said the supervisors there are great and the work is always consistent and i don't have much bad to say about the company what so ever.
Power trip total
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Sophie, QC25 July 2019
HArcellement psychologique au boutte fait toi pas mal car tu va vivre l enfer ressources humaines pas là pour t aider une belle gang d hypocrite te flatte dans le dos et quand tu te tourne c'est un coup de bat de baseball en gang toujours a faire des commentaires non constructif les personnes qui ont un poste clef abuse de leurs pouvoirs et Power trip accoté.ils te mettent a terre pour que tu abandonne et ensuite continue à te pourrir la vie. Veulent avoir l air de ce qu'ils seront jamais.va travailler au ciné parc c'est mieux que la succursale de sainte Sophie.
Pros
Rien
Cons
Tout est fake
a great wrok place with great quality
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON27 June 2019
great place nice people to work for. everyone happy so make it easier to get along. you can learn new thing everyday here with car parts, and always room to move forward..
Pros
pension plans
Cons
30 min lunch
be careful
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON15 May 2019
my time at lkq was not very pleasant it is a very hostile work environment fast paced the manager is quick to frustration and long time employees are given final say
not a secure job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 April 2019
was switched to night shift with no questions asked and when i first applied i had mentioned to them i can't do night then a year later i was forced to do night shift.
Fun at the beginning
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2019
Some management is amazing, however some arent. The job tends to start pretty good but once you prove you can do one thing, they seem to pile you up with everything. In my years i have only seen worse change and the warehouse seems to be turning into anarchy. There is virtually no room for growth in the company and people are generally rude and bitter. Also overtime seems to be mandatory and if you dont do it they try and punish you with various tactics.
Pros
Some amazing supervisors and opportunities to make good friends
Cons
Overall morale, no personal life allowance, degrading
Terrible Management
Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB19 March 2019
The very little time I actually worked at LKQ, was awful. The training sucked. My supervisor was in his office about 500 feet from where I worked, so any time I had questions I had to walk back and forth for the littlest question. I only lasted 4 days because I was dismissed for no reason at all. If you want fair employee treatment look elsewhere.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Horrible Management
Over-worked and underpaid, but at least the work doesn't follow you home.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 February 2019
The best part about LKQ is that the workday goes by extremely quickly. There is never a shortage of work that needs to be done and problems that need to be attended to. If you show initiative and take on extra work, that unofficially becomes your duty ongoing. Management is swamped constantly but still somehow finds a way to take time off when they are needed most, leaving the warehouse at a decisional standstill many times in the week. The benefits package they offer is overpriced and in my opinion, the subsidized services do not provide value unless you have a family to take care of. As for organizational culture, it is the standard automotive industy- where communication barriers are always present and timely results rarely happen. This is a god job for people who just want to punch in and out on a daily basis without caring for the growth of the company they work for.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Heavy workload that carries over from day to day
This is the worst place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2019
Starting with the top Saint P and his incredibly sales minors, down to his female HR department who just fallow their male counterparts is a joke!
As a professional I have NEVER seen such a terrible show faked by individuals that control lives and not understanding any part of business! Under these individuals you are considered slave labour!
Pros
Cons
Do not be a slave!
Don’t waste your time.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Environment is frustrating and combative. No support from management and any concerns are dismissed or used against you. Hours are decent and breaks are sufficient. No incentive for doing a good job. Starting wage is par but don’t expect any increases. Health care plan after 3 months.
Pros
Good location and night shift premium
Cons
High turnover and racial discrimination
Serieux gerer toute croche par de américains
mecanicien (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Sophie, QC1 November 2018
Dans fond ter un soldat qui cour cour cour pour un salaire de creve faim
Pros
Jaime le metier
Very understanding Management
Inventory Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 October 2018
LKQ is a fun place to work.
The people, including management are always so understanding and no question is stupid.
We get lunches, and treat days which is nice.
Pros
Free lunches, learning, cross training.
Crooked management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2018
I Worked hard to improve the team and environment here and failed.
do not bother working here at all if u can help it. I loved it at first and it slowly took a piece of my soul everyday till they fired me for not wanting to fill in for an absent employee. do not work here
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 August 2018
The best part of the job was seeing what the customers were working on and talking cars.

I found that management likes to yell at and belittle you. Even if you know what you're talking about when it comes to maintaining the delivery vehicle....forget it. They will repeatedly tell you that you don't know what it needs...you're not a mechanic.
Not bad, but not great
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS2 May 2018
The management was very lacking when I was there. But since then there is new management, it could be much better now.
They have very quiet down periods, and then all of a sudden, you will be swamped.
Fantastic company to work for, if you don't mind a few bumps.
Dispatch manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2017
Overall, A great job experience, but lacks team communication. In most areas of operation, day to day function was normal, but lacked communication from management teams made things complex at times.
Pros
fair work/pay ratio
Cons
poor communication at times.
Environnement de travail agréable
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC5 July 2017
Très belle entreprise qui mise sur le recyclage de pièces de véhicules.
Pros
Réunions d'équipe fréquentes
Cons
Équipe soudée depuis longtemps alors difficile de s'intégrer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LKQ Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.