Livingston International Employee Reviews

cool
Customs Release Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON25 November 2016
not the greatest place to work i mean the money is ok and the people are ok but the work load and some of the management are hard to understand and take seriously
Very productive
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
Working at the office, working with clients and maintaining a good relationship with them, I've learned how to use LOIS and LOCUS which are the companies internal servers, my co-workers were very respectful and nice, the hardest part of the job were the hours (overnight), the most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with my clients and maintaining good communication with the overnight managers and my friendly co-workers.
Pros
friendly co-workers, salary, encouraging managers
Cons
overnight shifts
nice people to work with
Release classification analyst (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
we had holiday themes and dress down days when i was there, i liked the people there and i was a very nice environment. the employees were very friendly and nice to work with on a daily basis.
nice work enviroment
release agent (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB28 October 2016
Livingston is a great work environment, however the pay is a minimum and I am looking for more. We have a close work place and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Bad managment,
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 October 2016
The overall job was alright, with new management during the week, would be a better better place.. There is room for movement only if you are a friend of a manager
Good Exp
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
company is very good
and their business is very good
all management is superb
Staff are cooperative
all are good
Location is well
Release Customs Analyst
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2016
We are to clear any shipments that cross the border and we are in contact with constant change and we also need to be up to date with the regulations and laws with all the items and products coming into the country. Communication is key with the client and when needed I call, email and fax the clients and stay in touch with them.
productive work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON6 June 2016
I really enjoyed working with this company. There were benefits to working there as you were praised for doing a good job and everyone was friendly, and easy to work with. We all had the same goal - to get the job done and help the clients
No training whatsoever
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 May 2016
I worked at livingston for 3 months.
Although everything might seem to be ok
Unfortunately I saw that no one is happy to be there
Worked in an isolated place from the rest of the office which are located on the 3,4 and 5 floors.

Everyday was a strugle due to lack of training and lack of funds to establish that. Going to work afraid is never enjoyable. Poor and unreliable resources were a struggle.

Not even the employees that were in management's level looked like they enjoyed the place
Pros
Non
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
PC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
Co-workers were great in assisting and teaching me the basics. Work was both casual and hectic and had great teamwork between all the different IT departments.
Good place
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON29 March 2016
It was a great place to work lost of interesting people and shipments.
Lots of shift work which can be hard on family life if yo are on third shift.
Decent place to work for a student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Good crowd, decent management. Good part time job for student, pretty flexible. No room for advancement.
It was an alright job while I was there, a lot of areas require improvement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Professionalism
Release Classificatio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2016
Great company to work for and the supervisots and management where very profession with there employees.
Great people to work with
Pros
Team Work
great
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
learned a lot, great employees and gained great life experience. Working weekends and holidays was rough but lots of time off for working holidays
Cons
working weekends and almost every holiday
Educational Experience @ Livingston
International Freight Forwarder (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 December 2015
My time at Livingston was indeed an educational experience. I learnt a massive amount of real world information about the documentation required for the movement internationally of freight with the federal government (Canadian). The freight manager was a very thorough and patient instructor, my co-workers were a varried lot of individual personalties, and the hardest part of the job was learning the ins and outs of their computer system, a bit confusing and cumbersome until I had experience in all aspects of it.
Pros
Free Tea/Coffie
Very bad leadership
USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2015
It is a very relaxed laid back work environment. There is little or no chance of advancement unless you are a family friend or a family member someone who is in upper management. The company offers no motivation to upgrade your skills or advancement.
Pros
Relaxed Enviroment
Cons
Lack of leadership
below
Classification Release Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2015
Worked at Livingston as a Rater on contract left end of contract due to shift work. Good work experience overall, approachable management and work colleagues..
Pros
Good environment
Cons
shift work
love the environment
Accounting/Customer Service/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2015
i love my Job, bosses and my co workers are the best but our company is shrinking that's why i am looking for another job. i enjoy working here coz i am dealing with different kinds of people everyday, either on the phone or in person since i deal with our walk in importers, so basically when it comes to customer service i have a great customer service, working here from 2008 until now is such a great honor, money is not that great but the people who i work with is worth it.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
full time 8 hours
night shift
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2015
worked there on the midnight shift, since the day i completed my field integration field placement there

I can no longer work the midnight shift as I find it to be to hard on me to do any longer, There seems to be a lack of organization within the company, and there doesnt seem to be much support from people that want to work as a team and make the company come together better. At the present moment there is no movement within the company to move up to a better wage or a better shift then the one I am currently working in.
Pros
Large company
Cons
bad shifts
Typical Day
Trade Advisor (Current Employee) –  mississauga20 October 2015
I have been in inside sales coming up to 5 years, and I have enjoyed the experience. I feel going forward I would either want to go into operations or if sales opportunities persist, i would enjoy being an outside sales rep.

As of right now, future opportunities at Livingston look dim, and they would rather hire people from outside then inside the business.
Pros
Great team i work with