Livingston International Employee Reviews

Would Not Recommend Working Here
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON21 April 2018
Depending on your department and shift, you might have a better day than some. Overall, every department is understaffed and each person is doing the work for 2 or 3 people when on the afternoon shift. Higher up management expects too much from employees and are quick to write you up for the smallest mistakes. It's next to impossible to do your job in a timely and efficient manner when you're constantly dealing with being yelled at in person, on the phone, or via email by angry truck drivers, clients or trucking companies for their shipments not being done in time (which is a result of being understaffed). The afternoon shift is barely staffed while the day shift is usually fully staffed. In my experience, you are forced to work the busiest shift, completely alone, while the day shift has 4 or 5 people on hand. Due to working alone and having no one to cover you, you can expect your breaks to be delayed by hours some nights, as you get caught up on the phone or with driver's in the office and unable to leave. Managers higher up in the company (in the head office) don't seem to realize they are working their employees like mules, and perhaps that is why mistakes are being made. Many managers and supervisors I've dealt with from the company in many of the different locations were rude. There is a lack of training and staff are forced to work on a busy shift by themselves with no one to ask questions. Overall, the lower level employees are a joy to work with and make the job bearable, but as more employees leave the company and are not replaced, stress levels rise and conflicts  more... start.  less
Work Life
Senior Director, Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Companies strategy of growth through acquisition is flawed.

Company not well managed. Very political. Employee advancement not based on performance.
productive and fun. but also very stressful
Customs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2018
A typical day includes working on assigned clients, in my case Motorola, which is one of most important clients. I single handedly work on it. I have to reset the CCI, void the entry and convert it into one single shipment as it comes in batches and has to be completed within a time frame.

I learnt to prioritize and organised my work. the workplace is productive.

Hardest part of the job is to complete in the given time.

Most enjoyable part is we help each other at work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
night shifts
Hors du commun
Directeur, services financiers aux clients (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC28 February 2018
Agréable, amical, rigueur, discipline, bel esprit d'équipe
Too long ago to review properly
Market Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
Livingston International was a hierarchical company that made profits by paying its employees very low salaries.

They had an excellent reputation for training tariff raters but also a reputation for paying them poorly. After two years' experience, competitors would offer them a decent salary and all the effort training the raters would go to waste. The company never learned its lesson while I was there.

I hope things are better there now
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Disorganized Company
Client Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Management is very disorganized with very little leadership qualities. Systems being used are not helpful to complete the work in an organized fashion.
Fun Working Environment
Customer Service/Administration, Etobicoke (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 December 2017
Great group of colleagues, lots of fun, one of the most fun environments I've worked in. It was great learning about Ontario Tire recycling program, very thrilling with most of interaction being in a B2B setting.
fun & made great friends
Cross Border Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 November 2017
Busy call centre. Nice place. typical day would be a 8 hour shift. learned to talk fast and be efficient
management was great, no bothersome
culture was great
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2017
Livingston Intl is a big Customs Brokerage Company for years. When Livingston opened the Freight Forwarding side , they acquired Consultrans in Oakville where I was hired .
My knowledge in Logistics was not as vague at the time , but my supervisor who had years of experience in Logistics, taught me the step by step process – before I know it , I was up and running like a pro in dispatch and customer service.
It was good to work with people who were experts in the field … they became mentors to me .
When Livingston acquired Peace Bridge customs brokers, the merge became great , but sadly they had to let go of people .
Pros
Good benefits
Great Department
Client Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 September 2017
My current department is very well put together. Everyone respects one another. The management is great, very understanding of the work an life balance.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Repetitive day in and day out.
Productive and fun workplace
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 August 2017
Easy and light job suitable for women. It requires continuous action and vigilance. Its rare to see the management. The most enjoyable part was packaging.
Pros
working with people
Cons
continuous action
Correct
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
Travail de nuit, constamment sur l'ordinateur. Il faut accomplir un certains nombre de tâches sur un temps limité. Les employés sont surveillés par leur performance.
Pros
Cafés gratuits
Cons
Courtes pauses
Decent IT department but not much room for advancing.
User Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Decent IT department but not much room for advancing. The day-to-day tasks are very repetitive with not much changing and having to be on the phones constantly.
good company
Release Custom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Great company, they really take the time to train new people and people are really nice. You can always find new things to learn in the company and more challenges to achieve.
Challenging work environment matching billings for payment.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Code invoices from branches across Canada, reconciled northbound freight collect charges utilizing freight matching register, prepare memos for branch offices, both internal and external, for billing discrepancies.

Learned how to handle a variety of general office duties, including preparing and organizing mail and files so kept up-to-date.

Management style organized on department basis.

Workplace culture is collaborative to assist other co-workers but also controlled on an individual basis for specific customer file folders.

Hardest part of the job is reconciling and approving billings when
shipment not entered correctly into system.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with co-workers in
the department whenever assistance needed.
Pros
Dinners provided whenever overtime work was done.
Cons
Not having accurate billing information in the system, having to find correct information to match and pay it.
Manager Service Delivery
Qualified Customs Broker (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON20 May 2017
Managed a release team that would handle all aspects to the imports for a client base into Canada The team would be 3 shifts working 7/24. I would be available to this team for this time time period. I worked in this environment for 10 years.
Pros
good experience great grouth in customer servce aspect
Cons
long hours and under appreciated by senior mangement
Needs a lot of improvement
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 May 2017
Every shift is always bumping heads. All three shifts like to talk badly about the pervious shifts work ethics. The atmosphere is quite negative, they dropped the benifits. We have gone through two CEO's in the past year (The first one left to go to FedEx). They stopped hiring more employees even though we're drowning in our work load. There is barely any room for you to actually move up in the industry.
Standard contract job
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2017
Standard contract job - 8 hours a day, semi-livable wage, no benefits. Work is repetitive and not particularly challenging, but not hard, and working environment is comfortable.
Pros
Minimal managerial intervention (trusted to do your job), casual dress code, freedom to schedule own breaks
Cons
No benefits, minimal yearly raises, no growth potential, this particular job location is in a very isolated location, public transit is limited, no access to food beyond vending machines
Poor management /Bad pay
Release Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Good on your resume for work experience but the pay and shift is nothing to write about.They hardly raise pay and hard work doesn't pay at Livingston Int'l. Some of the staff are wonderful though.
Pros
Good on resume
Cons
Bad shift/pay
Challenging job
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2017
Working with Livingston you must be tough,you know handle the pressure. Deals with different kinds of clients, set up their shipments on time frame . You have to know how to work with the team