Livingston International Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
RELEASE CUSTOMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2018
Not a good place to work. Very hostile environment and the managers are all pretty bad. This is the worst place I have ever worked at. Almost impossible to have a day off even if you are entitled to vacation days.
Pros
nothing
Cons
hostile work place
Good company
Release Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON28 June 2018
This is a company that is growing in size. As such, there are some teething pain. With that said, this company is a very good company to work for when one is looking to start their career in logistics.
alright
Customs Brokerage Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2018
no bad it was pretty easy work overall. management was nice. only thing id change is the fact that we couldn't move up. also they were outsourcing so many of us lost our jobs without warning
Can be stressful at times
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
Needs to be more organized.
Management needs to be more alert at times.
Needs to monitor calls.
Work environment needs to be more clean and organization
Livingston
Financial Analyst, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
A mid size logistical company located in West Toronto. Good learning opportunities and career advancement possible. A good company to work for and great people.
Would Not Recommend Working Here
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON21 April 2018
Depending on your department and shift, you might have a better day than some. Overall, every department is understaffed and each person is doing the work for 2 or 3 people when on the afternoon shift. Higher up management expects too much from employees and are quick to write you up for the smallest mistakes. It's next to impossible to do your job in a timely and efficient manner when you're constantly dealing with being yelled at in person, on the phone, or via email by angry truck drivers, clients or trucking companies for their shipments not being done in time (which is a result of being understaffed). The afternoon shift is barely staffed while the day shift is usually fully staffed. In my experience, you are forced to work the busiest shift, completely alone, while the day shift has 4 or 5 people on hand. Due to working alone and having no one to cover you, you can expect your breaks to be delayed by hours some nights, as you get caught up on the phone or with driver's in the office and unable to leave. Managers higher up in the company (in the head office) don't seem to realize they are working their employees like mules, and perhaps that is why mistakes are being made. Many managers and supervisors I've dealt with from the company in many of the different locations were rude. There is a lack of training and staff are forced to work on a busy shift by themselves with no one to ask questions. Overall, the lower level employees are a joy to work with and make the job bearable, but as more employees leave the company and are not replaced, stress levels rise and conflicts  more... start.  less
Work Life
Senior Director, Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Companies strategy of growth through acquisition is flawed.

Company not well managed. Very political. Employee advancement not based on performance.
productive and fun. but also very stressful
Customs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2018
A typical day includes working on assigned clients, in my case Motorola, which is one of most important clients. I single handedly work on it. I have to reset the CCI, void the entry and convert it into one single shipment as it comes in batches and has to be completed within a time frame.

I learnt to prioritize and organised my work. the workplace is productive.

Hardest part of the job is to complete in the given time.

Most enjoyable part is we help each other at work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
night shifts
Hors du commun
Directeur, services financiers aux clients (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC28 February 2018
Agréable, amical, rigueur, discipline, bel esprit d'équipe
Too long ago to review properly
Market Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
Livingston International was a hierarchical company that made profits by paying its employees very low salaries.

They had an excellent reputation for training tariff raters but also a reputation for paying them poorly. After two years' experience, competitors would offer them a decent salary and all the effort training the raters would go to waste. The company never learned its lesson while I was there.

I hope things are better there now
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Disorganized Company
Client Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Management is very disorganized with very little leadership qualities. Systems being used are not helpful to complete the work in an organized fashion.
Fun Working Environment
Customer Service/Administration, Etobicoke (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 December 2017
Great group of colleagues, lots of fun, one of the most fun environments I've worked in. It was great learning about Ontario Tire recycling program, very thrilling with most of interaction being in a B2B setting.
fun & made great friends
Cross Border Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 November 2017
Busy call centre. Nice place. typical day would be a 8 hour shift. learned to talk fast and be efficient
management was great, no bothersome
culture was great
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2017
Livingston Intl is a big Customs Brokerage Company for years. When Livingston opened the Freight Forwarding side , they acquired Consultrans in Oakville where I was hired .
My knowledge in Logistics was not as vague at the time , but my supervisor who had years of experience in Logistics, taught me the step by step process – before I know it , I was up and running like a pro in dispatch and customer service.
It was good to work with people who were experts in the field … they became mentors to me .
When Livingston acquired Peace Bridge customs brokers, the merge became great , but sadly they had to let go of people .
Pros
Good benefits
Great Department
Client Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 September 2017
My current department is very well put together. Everyone respects one another. The management is great, very understanding of the work an life balance.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Repetitive day in and day out.
Productive and fun workplace
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 August 2017
Easy and light job suitable for women. It requires continuous action and vigilance. Its rare to see the management. The most enjoyable part was packaging.
Pros
working with people
Cons
continuous action
Correct
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
Travail de nuit, constamment sur l'ordinateur. Il faut accomplir un certains nombre de tâches sur un temps limité. Les employés sont surveillés par leur performance.
Pros
Cafés gratuits
Cons
Courtes pauses
Decent IT department but not much room for advancing.
User Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Decent IT department but not much room for advancing. The day-to-day tasks are very repetitive with not much changing and having to be on the phones constantly.
good company
Release Custom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Great company, they really take the time to train new people and people are really nice. You can always find new things to learn in the company and more challenges to achieve.
Challenging work environment matching billings for payment.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Code invoices from branches across Canada, reconciled northbound freight collect charges utilizing freight matching register, prepare memos for branch offices, both internal and external, for billing discrepancies.

Learned how to handle a variety of general office duties, including preparing and organizing mail and files so kept up-to-date.

Management style organized on department basis.

Workplace culture is collaborative to assist other co-workers but also controlled on an individual basis for specific customer file folders.

Hardest part of the job is reconciling and approving billings when
shipment not entered correctly into system.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with co-workers in
the department whenever assistance needed.
Pros
Dinners provided whenever overtime work was done.
Cons
Not having accurate billing information in the system, having to find correct information to match and pay it.