Little Kickers

Little Kickers Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
The owners are amazing, very sweet people.
the job is very easy going the perfect part time job to do during college or university as there aren't a tonne of hours
Pros
Pay, management, hours
Cons
Hours if your not in school
I love the coworkers I work with, communication is easy and the kids were great to work with. Learned a alot in working with Little kickers and its a great first job to start with.
Pros
Friendly environment, exercise
I've never had a better time working somewhere. Management is incredible, The people I work with are incredible, and the kids and parents are super. I love LK and it is a great place to work.
Working with young children is great. Parents are also very pleased to see their child learn and develop new skills as they grow up in the program. Have to be able to work with others.
Little Kickers was wonderful. I developed and led coaching sessions for kids between the ages of eighteen months to seven years. Provided a positive and stimulating coaching environment to promote and improve cognitive abilities and soccer skills. As a mentor coach, I attended and supervised coaching sessions to evaluate coaches based on specific criteria. Helped determine their coaching abilities and provide constructive feedback in order to help improve their skills. Helped make weekly schedules based on coaches availability and ability.
Very relaxed atmosphere and rewarding working with kids. Learnt a lot about working in groups and organizing. Hardest part of the job was working with unruly kids but the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was also working with kids and building a passion for football.
Little Kickers is the perfect job for a University or High School-aged individual looking to earn a few extra dollars over the summer. Their staff is super friendly and the hours are super flexible provided you are looking for work over the weekends.

There is the opportunity to move up from the moment you begin coaching. From Assistant Coach to Lead Coach and maybe even eventually Head Coach or Operations Manager. There is plenty of opportunity for growth in this company.
Was a great place to work loved the kids loved the staff very fun every single day. Coaching is very fun will recommend anybody who wants to start coaching
Was trained and worked on probation for a few months. Constant competition with everyone else and the trainer was not helpful and rude, especially to new people. Was let go by email after no feedback was given. Terrible place to work don’t bother training there and putting time in it no one stays very long people are let go left and right
Followed not well put together schedules of drills to do with kids. Not the ideal place if you want to work with a management team that is bad at communication.
Only been with them for a few months, but all the coaches are amazing people that are easy to get along with. Once in a while we have to deal with difficult parents but not often. Schedules are very flexible which is great for managing another job or school. Easy to get shift coverage, the kids are great, and it gives you some exercise!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Minimum wage with short hours
Working at Little Kickers helped me to learn guidance skills and to be loud and confident when giving instructions. Showing the children how to work as a team and achieve skills was the most rewarding part.
Commute is kind of lengthy on bus if you're a student, but this job is super amazing. I personally worked in Ottawa and the other coaches are always super understanding. Show up every shift with a good attitude and you'll have a great time. Alot of extra work, puts you out of your comfort zone but the summer is the best part of the job.
Little kickers Windsor Essex is a amazing company to work for. You can use your spare time to coach soccer and physical literacy to pre scholar children.
The owner is a great person, very kind, attentive and positive.

More than a pleasant place to work, you feel so happy seeing each child evolving at each class.
Pros
Happy place to work
Fun and functional workplace, good communication between all level employees on a regular basis. There should however, be longer and more frequent hours
I enjoy the people I work with including my bosses! They're really fun and understanding and they love putting smiles on our faces as well as the children.
Enjoyable engaging environment providing an opportunity to work with kids and demonstrate leadership qualities. The owner is extremely friendly and loved working here.
Cons
Short shifts
It is a very fun work environment; you get to coach children on soccer drills while working with people close to you. Indoors or outdoors, the activities are engaging and encourages you to be fast-paced!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Could use more hours
- Got to work with a great group of kids
- Was another way to stay active in the summer

- Occupied myself

- All parents were very nice

- Would have to deal with weather (rainy days, hot days)

- It was every Tuesdays and Thursdays during the days I had soccer, so I had to either skip my soccer or skip coaching

- Overall great coaching staff, group of kids and parents

- Got to work with my cousins

- Had to manage shifts between kids
Pros
Water and food provided by other parents at games
Cons
Sunny/Humid days
A typical day at work consists of Getting to work at 8:30 am and setting up the nets and balls. then at 9 the first class starts. I've learned to be positive all the time and to be super energetic so it passes on to the kids. The hardest part of the job is when a child doesnt wanna play the games and we have to find a way to get them involved through challenging them to a race or see who can finish he drill faster then coach, or even just playing the game with them can keep them involved, but since I have worked there I have gotten a lot better at it. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the kdis faces light up when they score a goal or when you make them laugh and that's what its all about. After 12:30 the last class ends, myself and the staff then have to put the equipment away and leave around 12:45pm.
Pros
Seeing the kids smile and be happy
Cons
Only on saturday mornings
Very engaging job, I love working with the children. The other coaches are great at training and really help you to understand you role with helping the children develop their skills. I enjoy watching the children develop and become more confident in their skills!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Early Mornings, Weekends