Little Caesars Employee Reviews

Great place to learn teamwork in a fast-paced environment
Customer Service/Cashier/Cook/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Little Caesars when I was able to get enough hours in. I usually opened the store, so I worked alone while preparing the dough, sauce, and vegetables/meats for the day, and then I would work through the rush and be the first one to leave as it slowed down in the evening.

The managers were great. I found the environment to be a little hostile in the beginning as a new employee, as the fellow co-workers were not as friendly or welcoming as other places I had worked. However, as time went on things warmed up for sure.

I learned how to work in a line-up, where we would all contribute to making pizzas/dough. The system of hot-and-ready pizzas required one person for each step in the pizza making, in order to ensure that we were getting our orders out in a timely manner. For example, one person would sauce, another would cheese, and someone else would do the topping, etc.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Hard to get desired hours at times - had to work my way up from part-time hours
factory work without factory pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 November 2017
Good first job for a teenager.
Horrible place for people with any kind of skills or experience. Managed by an unqualified millennial princess whose daddy owns the franchise.
Pays minimum wage, no coffee breaks, penny wise and pound foolish management philosophy.
Use this company for as long as it takes to find a better job and feel sorry for the losers who are lifers.
Don't eat the food - proper safe food handling practices are not in place despite the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit's repeatedly citing the location for the same violations year after year.
Pros
pizza discount
Cons
long hours, illegal scheduling practice, have to pay for the uniform
A very productive and fun place to work at.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2017
It was a very positive experience, with a lot to learn. Everyone at the workplace was very helpful and caring. Attending customers was a lot fun. All my managers are loving and caring people who made it very easy for me to adjust with the rest of the team.
Pros
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
Short staffed and unprofessional management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB27 October 2017
Very low amount of staff and largely unreliable
Very young and unprofessional manager
Schedule was very short notice
Work was often hectic and had to stay late to finish
little caesars
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON24 October 2017
the owners of the store store I worked for were very unproffesional I have know lots of people that have and still do work for them and say the same things the one owner is very sexually to the younger girls
Typical part time job
Pizza Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON23 October 2017
Had a good time working here, everyone worked very well together. It was a typical part time job while in school but also taught me lots about customer service
i loved it
Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON21 October 2017
i loved where i worked because the hours were flexible and the staff was respectful and understanding when ever i needed them the training was done right in my opion
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 October 2017
Great place to make friends and develop lifelong friendships. Work is okay, awesome for a first job. Management will work around another schedule. Strict management, can be unprofessional at times. You do not get breaks.
Pros
Discount on pizza, free old pizza, good co workers
Cons
No breaks, can have issues with management
Fun staff, very unfun work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colwood, BC16 October 2017
For Little Caesars Pizza, the store is first open to employees at 10 AM, the morning staff prepares for the public opening at 11 AM but preparing some pizzas, and beginning to work on dough for the day tomorrow. The typical day at work has you preparing pizzas and dough for rushes, and then cleaning at around 6:30-7 start and preparing to close at 10 PM (11 on Fridays.)

What I learned at Little Caesars was how to properly handle staff members that are going through work turmoil or private turmoil, without prying details. I also learned more basic food works, such as making pizza and reinforcing customer service skills. Finally, I learned how to properly do paperwork regarding; entering in hours, entering in what was sold that day, entering in how much money was made, dealing with the bank deposit, and finally ordering the stores supplies/taking inventory.

As for management, this can be hit or miss. As for our general management of the store from the higher ups, they expect far to much out of a minimum wage job. They ask that you complete things at inhumane speeds, while also completing it absolutely perfectly every single time. Furthermore, should you fail to meet this standard, reprimand happens on the spot, no matter who's around, meanwhile, appraisal is limited to e-mails the staff members that get praise in can only hope to hear from the store manager passing it on. All in all, management is poorly handled on a personal level, but I suppose the store does well for itself, so from a professional level I'd say it's doing good, if not frustrating for the staff.

The
  more... job has it's hard parts and it's easy parts. The hard parts are likely keeping up with the standard management has laid out for you from the very get go (You're expected to go as fast as the manager after 2 weeks of working there). The easiest part, for me personally, is cutting the pizzas at what is referred to at landing station (Where the pizzas land). It's as simple as unpanning the pizza, cutting it, boxing it, and properly locating it in it's cres cor or to the appropriate customer.

In conclusion, the job shouldn't be a minimum wage job for the amount of perfection they demand, not ask, of it's employees. There is some breathing room and I admit it's hard to keep personal strife out of this review, however, I stand by everything aforementioned here. If you're looking for your first job, look somewhere else first.
Pros
Free pizzas on shift.
Cons
Little to no breaks what-so-ever for newer people it seems. If it's busy that day, you're just straight up not getting a break sometimes.
Easy work place for students
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2017
Not really any advancement but fine job for students. basic cooking job, prep and doughmaking is easy. Managers only get a .25 raise so not much advancement it's a job not a career
Food industry... Ugh...
Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB6 October 2017
The food industry in general is not a great industry to work in. Little Caesar's was no exception. Its one saving grace was the people that worked there. But the hours were long, and we were underpaid for our work and responsibilities.
Pros
Sometimes cool people?
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Parkdale and Queenston location
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 October 2017
Very good place to begin working as a highschool student. Flexible hours to work around other activities in social/personal lives. Would recommend to anyone interested.
Uncomfortably Okay?
Pizza Maker / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC21 September 2017
The people, great. The hours, great. The management was horrible. very mean and direct. Unreasonable with issues regarding illness or family loss. If it weren't for the flexibility of hours and people, I most likely wouldn't have stayed long.
Pros
Good Staff, Flexible Hours
Cons
Terrible Management.
productive and fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 September 2017
It is a fast paced environment but you better be ready to have a laugh, from the manager to every employee there, everyone has a positive attitude and a passion to work fast and efficiently.
Pros
great management and staff
Cons
You can't eat the pizza, you have to sell it.
Fun workplace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON18 September 2017
Working at Little Ceasar's was great. Everyone was welcoming and willing to help one another with our tasks. The management was great at working with school schedules and accommodating when it came to family emergencies.
Little Ceasers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON12 September 2017
great managers, amazing crew members including the new crew members, good fast paste environment, making sure customers are happy when they receive their pizza fast and quick
Pros
fast paste movement
Cons
upset customers
High energy workplace with a really welcoming environment from coworkers
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
During my work hours, I would prepare dough, make pizzas and cut them. I learned more about the food industry and the fast pace. Management was great, I had a good relationship with the managers and boss. The workplace had a welcoming environment and always made you strive for success and improvement. Lifting heavy materials and cleaning facilities was a challenge but overall I loved the work environment and the skills I learned
Pros
Free pizza and/or discount
Cons
unpredictable work schedule
Unorganized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB11 September 2017
Unorganized, unfair to employees and unfortunately it was a lot like being in high school again! The head boss is extremely sexist, the woman were not treated equal
Great place to work.
Cook/Cashier Owen Sound (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON9 September 2017
Great system for the business. Great owners. Great staff at most locations. Great Hours. Fast paced environment (bonus). Super busy and always something to do .
Pros
great business to work for
Cons
nothin
Decent place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 September 2017
Working at Caesars was alright. I found that my coworkers got into a lot of drama and it made me feel uncomfortable. The manager is constantly threatening to cut your hours simply because you make small mistakes and they are ignorant.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Crew members always have drama and you don't get many work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Caesars. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K