Little Burgundy Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work absolutely no job security and extremely under qualified managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
I worked here and I absolutely did not like it! I have worked in many other retail stores and never experienced the hostile environment i did at little Burgundy. I was pregnant at the time and quite sick ( throwing up/ feeling horrible) the management was so rude and horrible when i told them. They put my shifts down to once a week and a 0$ sales goal so i knew they were letting me go. I also had a mortgage they knew about. They hired me as full time and never came through when i asked what the deal was the manager refused to tell me and was trying to make me walk all the way to work only to fire me instead of tell me over the phone. Horrible people the company doesnt care about you or your life. Unless your just looking for something part time look elsewhere. They also convinced me to quit my other job saying its better there now im pregnant with no job and who would hire a pregnant women!!!! Awful
Poor management
ASSISTANT MANAGER IN CHARGE OF SALES (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
Great staff, poor management very poor communication between the head office and the branches. would not recommend working in an environment where employees well being is not considered at all
Fun shifts and good hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC11 July 2018
Working with people who were around the same age as me, and employees also received a great discount on shoes, accessories and bags. if you needed someone to cover your shift, its quite flexible and you just need to find someone to work your shift. You learn to manage 3+ customers at a time.
it was cool
Part Time sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2018
Work life wasn't too bad. Learned how to interact with others, be organized and handle cash. Gained more experience and worked with others on a daily basis.
Pros
experiences
Cons
others
Sakcville NS
CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sackville NS30 May 2018
I was working the holiday season at LB for the winter months while on break from school. Great place to work and friendly staff. clean store and easy inventory
bad management
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
management was very bad and not understanding did not listen to many of the employee's requests and ideas they lacked skilled employees and were very boring
good place to work
Sales leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
this is an amazing company with great people. If you excel in customer service and sales this is a company that will appreciate you and treat you with respect .
Unreasonable management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
extremely unreasonable management who are unwilling to see someone elses opinion or act as a mature adult. Extremely passive aggressive rather than discussing issues and being straight forward. does not encourage new ideas or respond well to new employees.
Best place I ever worked
Management/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 February 2018
Awesome people. Sales roll in and really I cant say one thing bad about this company except I should of stayed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Stay later sometimes
A productive and trendy fast paced environment
Key Holder/Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK8 January 2014
A typical day at Little Burgundy would consist of:

- Sales analyses for previous day
- Communicating with Head Office about sales goals as well as any promotions
- Coaching all staff on daily sales objectives and personal goals
-Coaching staff on selling techniques and informing them on relevant information on new products
- Dealing with customer service issues
- Adjusting Visual Presentation
- Managing 5-10 employees per day without sacrificing my sales associate position
Pros
Plenty of oppurtunity for growth within the company
Cons
Energetic and fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario25 September 2014
• Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry
• Mentor and motivate a team of 14 to increase sales and ensure efficiency
• Educate staff and customers on various carried brands through product knowledge
• Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales volumes to maximize profits
• Attended district management meetings to discuss opinions regarding market trends, upcoming promotions, loss prevention strategies, etc.
• Maintain strong knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Merchandise window and in-store displays to promote and maximize sales to its full potential
• Recommend, select, and help locate merchandise based on customers’ needs and desires
• Handle all customer service issues in a professional and concise manner
Productive and friendly work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Little Burgundy's work environment is very positive and friendly. We are only 6 people that work in the store and it is pretty much like a family. Being productive and reaching our daily goals is our daily motivation and challenge.
Little Burgundy; My experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
The best job I have worked at is Little Burgundy. It was mainly about customer service and making sales, which I liked. A day at work would go by very quickly because the time would pass so fast you are always busy doing something; selling, cleaning, organizing and handling shipments. I am a type of person who likes to be busy. This job experience taught me a lot of different ways to sell merchandise, and how to use a sale pitch. The management was amazing and always made sure me and the other co-workers worked as a team, we all had good respect for each other. There wasn't really a hard part of this job, everything was always under control and organized in a systematic way. The most fun part of this job was customers letting you give your opinions on what was most suitable and achieving customer satisfactory with your right judgement.
Pros
Positive vibes
Cons
Quiet days
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eaton Center Toronto22 February 2017
Friendly and approachable environment to excel in communication skills.

Create daily goals for sales associates;
update District managers on sales to budge;
cash customers out at Point of sales, whilst teaching them on shoe care, and up-selling;
responsible for daily deposits.
Pros
long hours, good management
Cons
Eaton centre is open 364 days a year.
a good bunch of people to work with but....
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 August 2017
i have worked in this area of work for the past 5 years and when I started @ Aldo Robson it was great and then after being let go for not fitting Aldo after 4 years (yeah that what I got told) and now coming back to Little Burgundy has been good but there are just some people who just don't get it or want to give a care in the world. so pretty much I'm saying i', at that point where I want to be paid a lot more than I'am now and don't want to deal with all these people anymore...
Pros
great deal on shoes
Cons
staff are very lazy
Fun workplace, good training
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2015
We help find shoes, whether that be in store, at another Little Burgundy Shoes store or ordering it for them. Throughout each day there are certain tasks to be done, like putting out new shoes and products, organizing parts of the store, and cleaning tasks.

The Little Burgundy I work at has an amazing management team. From my manager to the key holders, they're all very approachable and great at giving feedback.

My coworkers are great, never had a problem with any one them. We all get along really well which we were all very pleased about!

The most enjoyable part of the job is first working with the team we have, but also being able to help someone find something that they love and they will use everyday.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not much room for growth.
Customer Service in Little Burgundy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 August 2016
A typical day at work will be helping customers getting their best experience in the store by providing the best customer service.

I learned that customer service is very important to any company in able to achieve customer satisfaction.

The management and my co-workers are awesome! We look out for each other and we play our roles in order to achieve our goals.

The hardest part of the job is expecting to get the sale.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working around energetic and cheerful co-workers, creating a bond with customers, and seeing customer leaves the store with satisfaction and smile on their faces.
Pros
Lunch break and discounts
Cons
Short Hours
awful management, awful pay, lack of organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  vancouver22 May 2014
aldo is without a doubt the worst company i've ever worked for. i worked part time (close to full time hours) and worked hard for full productivity and got no incentives for it and only made minimum wage. the expectations they put on your are solely for appearance.. they dont care about their employees. they tell people to wear more make up on the floor and only hire people based on their style rather than their selling abilities or qualifications. the schedules were never organized, the management team was very unapproachable and the only good thing about this job was the discount.
Productive yet fun atmosphere to be in!
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 June 2014
A typical day at work consists of welcoming customers and having yourself welcomed by the incredible staff! Having had the opportunity to work at Little Burgundy, I have had the pleasure of meeting many different people, both on staff and also a variety of clientele. Since I have started my experience at Little Burgundy, the store has gone through a couple of changes within management; however, with every goodbye comes a new hello so the change has not been so bad, especially since the staff is so welcoming and respectful! We always have fun while effectively maximizing our store's goals; I couldn't have asked for a better team! The hardest part of the job would be on the slow days, when sales are very low and it becomes a challenge to fulfill the daily quota. In comparison, the most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to continuously meet new people while watching satisfied customers leave the store and knowing that you were part of that experience!
Pros
Welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Slow days, minimal traffic
Everything was okay.
customer service and communication workshops (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Everything was alright, wages were quite low. Hours, however, were alright, most of us had over 40 hours for the summer, which is quite low. Most of us were teenagers.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Burgundy. Our community is ready to answer.