Little Burgundy Employee Reviews

Poor management
ASSISTANT MANAGER IN CHARGE OF SALES (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
Great staff, poor management very poor communication between the head office and the branches. would not recommend working in an environment where employees well being is not considered at all
Fun shifts and good hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC11 July 2018
Working with people who were around the same age as me, and employees also received a great discount on shoes, accessories and bags. if you needed someone to cover your shift, its quite flexible and you just need to find someone to work your shift. You learn to manage 3+ customers at a time.
Sakcville NS
CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sackville NS30 May 2018
I was working the holiday season at LB for the winter months while on break from school. Great place to work and friendly staff. clean store and easy inventory
good place to work
Sales leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
this is an amazing company with great people. If you excel in customer service and sales this is a company that will appreciate you and treat you with respect .
Horrible place to work absolutely no job security and extremely under qualified managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
I worked here and I absolutely did not like it! I have worked in many other retail stores and never experienced the hostile environment i did at little Burgundy. I was pregnant at the time and quite sick ( throwing up/ feeling horrible) the management was so rude and horrible when i told them. They put my shifts down to once a week and a 0$ sales goal so i knew they were letting me go. I also had a mortgage they knew about. They hired me as full time and never came through when i asked what the deal was the manager refused to tell me and was trying to make me walk all the way to work only to fire me instead of tell me over the phone. Horrible people the company doesnt care about you or your life. Unless your just looking for something part time look elsewhere. They also convinced me to quit my other job saying its better there now im pregnant with no job and who would hire a pregnant women!!!! Awful
bad management
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
management was very bad and not understanding did not listen to many of the employee's requests and ideas they lacked skilled employees and were very boring
it was cool
Part Time sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2018
Work life wasn't too bad. Learned how to interact with others, be organized and handle cash. Gained more experience and worked with others on a daily basis.
Pros
experiences
Cons
others
Best place I ever worked
Management/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 February 2018
Awesome people. Sales roll in and really I cant say one thing bad about this company except I should of stayed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Stay later sometimes
Unreasonable management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
extremely unreasonable management who are unwilling to see someone elses opinion or act as a mature adult. Extremely passive aggressive rather than discussing issues and being straight forward. does not encourage new ideas or respond well to new employees.
Productive and friendly work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Little Burgundy's work environment is very positive and friendly. We are only 6 people that work in the store and it is pretty much like a family. Being productive and reaching our daily goals is our daily motivation and challenge.
a good bunch of people to work with but....
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 August 2017
i have worked in this area of work for the past 5 years and when I started @ Aldo Robson it was great and then after being let go for not fitting Aldo after 4 years (yeah that what I got told) and now coming back to Little Burgundy has been good but there are just some people who just don't get it or want to give a care in the world. so pretty much I'm saying i', at that point where I want to be paid a lot more than I'am now and don't want to deal with all these people anymore...
Pros
great deal on shoes
Cons
staff are very lazy
Bonne entreprise, bonne ambiance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2017
Très bonne expérience. Il faut travailler dur pour y arriver
Pros
L'ambiance
Cons
Le salaire
not very professional
Assistant manager/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 March 2017
after 1 month of starting as the assistant manager, i was making more sales than the sales lead employee, the manager of the store is not very good at managing and keeping the business at this top performance
Pros
employee discount on shoes
Cons
very bad management, employees that dont fit in to the job
Great environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
I love working at little burgundy, because i've always had a passion for retail. Everyone i work with is great, and they provide a safe and fun environment to be around and work in. I have learned a lot, and I very much enjoy my part in being a sales associate.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Slow business after christmas
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eaton Center Toronto22 February 2017
Friendly and approachable environment to excel in communication skills.

Create daily goals for sales associates;
update District managers on sales to budge;
cash customers out at Point of sales, whilst teaching them on shoe care, and up-selling;
responsible for daily deposits.
Pros
long hours, good management
Cons
Eaton centre is open 364 days a year.
productive, fun,
customer service
cash handling
great learning experience
easy to learn
taught me a lot of valuable skills
Pros
we have fun doing it
Cons
sometimes business is slow
Little Burgundy; My experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
The best job I have worked at is Little Burgundy. It was mainly about customer service and making sales, which I liked. A day at work would go by very quickly because the time would pass so fast you are always busy doing something; selling, cleaning, organizing and handling shipments. I am a type of person who likes to be busy. This job experience taught me a lot of different ways to sell merchandise, and how to use a sale pitch. The management was amazing and always made sure me and the other co-workers worked as a team, we all had good respect for each other. There wasn't really a hard part of this job, everything was always under control and organized in a systematic way. The most fun part of this job was customers letting you give your opinions on what was most suitable and achieving customer satisfactory with your right judgement.
Pros
Positive vibes
Cons
Quiet days
Gret place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Amazing work environment. My managers were always nice to me and pushed me to do better. I loved working there, I learned a lot when it came to product knowledge and I actually networked with many people just by being a sales associate.
Pros
Good people, good vibes.
Cons
Busy
Environnement de travail et relations entre collègues
Vendeur/Conseiller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
J'ai adoré certains aspects de mon expérience chez Little Burgundy, la clientèle adorable, les produits offerts étaient très tendances et dans mes cordes. Cependant les relations professionnel entre les employés étaient tendus et le management manquait beaucoup de jugement .
Everything was okay.
customer service and communication workshops (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Everything was alright, wages were quite low. Hours, however, were alright, most of us had over 40 hours for the summer, which is quite low. Most of us were teenagers.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Burgundy. Our community is ready to answer.