Little Burgundy Employee Reviews

horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2019
This is a horrible environment to work out. The bosses are horrible people and the pressure is unreal. Especially the one in fairview pointe-blaire. I would not wish these bosses on my worst enemy
Pros
40% off shoes
Cons
horrible environment
cashier/stock associate
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2019
I did stock and mostly inventory of all the product that came in the store. communicated between different stores and help customer get a certain item if we didn't have it.
fun place chill environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2018
Typical shift at little burgundy includes getting sales goal/target for the day at beginning of shift, then providing people with customer service, getting shoes from backroom for people to try on, and cashing out customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not much opportunity to grow
Unbalanced Work Load and Low Wage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 December 2018
The upper management does not like telling the truth. First off their indeed postings are all false. "Store Manager" "Assistant Manager" they are not hiring those and you only find out it's for a underpaid "Sales Lead" position during the interview. They want applicants with lots of experience but not give them the position and that is the biggest problem. They want people with experience but do not want to give them the position they want them to start from the bottom.

Only people they end up getting to go for the position are young minded kids that are extremely immature and do not know any better which allows the company to take advantage of them. Which leads to their downfall. Young adults go to school and have really bad availability and upper management is always shocked to find that they young minded kids have school and can not commit to the company but that's what they want running their stores and those are hard to find so stop looking for those people and look for those that have the experience already

The amount of work is not reflected in your pay. They demand perfect results all the time which is fair but when you are offering minimum wage with no rewards for making perfect scores, most talented staff members will seek employment elsewhere. They have lost countless number of great staff because of this.

The workload and pay is very unbalanced. I run around the store selling, merchandising, preparing orders to ship out and doing admin management paperwork. A sales lead who stands in the middle of the store and does nothing to help and refuses to learn
  more... gets paid a lot more than me. How is that fair?

Schedules are really late to come out. 9 out of 10 times I do not get a schedule for the next week until Saturday. So you will not know if you need to work the following the day. How are people supposed to plan their lives like that

Promote the correct people! Promote the team player! Promote the one the offers help and constantly learns! Why are you promoting staff members who are not team players. Who only think of themselves and force staff members to help them with a sale and take all the credit and constantly refuses to learn or listen when you have feedback for them.

Open your eyes! Stop hiring so young and give those the apply with a lot of experience the positions of management to help shape your stores.

You need a mature figure at the head of each store!
Pros
Cons
Very young management team that knows very little, No mature figure in store to lead
chill place to work at
sale-associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2018
You don't necessary need to achieve your daily goal as a part-timer, but just try your best. It's a fun place to work at when you and your co-workers can get along.
Pros
can play your own playlist
Cons
short lunch break for an 8 hrs shift
Poor management
ASSISTANT MANAGER IN CHARGE OF SALES (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
Great staff, poor management very poor communication between the head office and the branches. would not recommend working in an environment where employees well being is not considered at all
Fun shifts and good hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC11 July 2018
Working with people who were around the same age as me, and employees also received a great discount on shoes, accessories and bags. if you needed someone to cover your shift, its quite flexible and you just need to find someone to work your shift. You learn to manage 3+ customers at a time.
Sakcville NS
CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sackville NS30 May 2018
I was working the holiday season at LB for the winter months while on break from school. Great place to work and friendly staff. clean store and easy inventory
good place to work
Sales leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
this is an amazing company with great people. If you excel in customer service and sales this is a company that will appreciate you and treat you with respect .
Horrible place to work absolutely no job security and extremely under qualified managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
I worked here and I absolutely did not like it! I have worked in many other retail stores and never experienced the hostile environment i did at little Burgundy. I was pregnant at the time and quite sick ( throwing up/ feeling horrible) the management was so rude and horrible when i told them. They put my shifts down to once a week and a 0$ sales goal so i knew they were letting me go. I also had a mortgage they knew about. They hired me as full time and never came through when i asked what the deal was the manager refused to tell me and was trying to make me walk all the way to work only to fire me instead of tell me over the phone. Horrible people the company doesnt care about you or your life. Unless your just looking for something part time look elsewhere. They also convinced me to quit my other job saying its better there now im pregnant with no job and who would hire a pregnant women!!!! Awful
bad management
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
management was very bad and not understanding did not listen to many of the employee's requests and ideas they lacked skilled employees and were very boring
it was cool
Part Time sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2018
Work life wasn't too bad. Learned how to interact with others, be organized and handle cash. Gained more experience and worked with others on a daily basis.
Pros
experiences
Cons
others
Best place I ever worked
Management/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 February 2018
Awesome people. Sales roll in and really I cant say one thing bad about this company except I should of stayed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Stay later sometimes
Unreasonable management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
extremely unreasonable management who are unwilling to see someone elses opinion or act as a mature adult. Extremely passive aggressive rather than discussing issues and being straight forward. does not encourage new ideas or respond well to new employees.
Productive and friendly work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Little Burgundy's work environment is very positive and friendly. We are only 6 people that work in the store and it is pretty much like a family. Being productive and reaching our daily goals is our daily motivation and challenge.
a good bunch of people to work with but....
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 August 2017
i have worked in this area of work for the past 5 years and when I started @ Aldo Robson it was great and then after being let go for not fitting Aldo after 4 years (yeah that what I got told) and now coming back to Little Burgundy has been good but there are just some people who just don't get it or want to give a care in the world. so pretty much I'm saying i', at that point where I want to be paid a lot more than I'am now and don't want to deal with all these people anymore...
Pros
great deal on shoes
Cons
staff are very lazy
Bonne entreprise, bonne ambiance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2017
Très bonne expérience. Il faut travailler dur pour y arriver
Pros
L'ambiance
Cons
Le salaire
not very professional
Assistant manager/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 March 2017
after 1 month of starting as the assistant manager, i was making more sales than the sales lead employee, the manager of the store is not very good at managing and keeping the business at this top performance
Pros
employee discount on shoes
Cons
very bad management, employees that dont fit in to the job
Great environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
I love working at little burgundy, because i've always had a passion for retail. Everyone i work with is great, and they provide a safe and fun environment to be around and work in. I have learned a lot, and I very much enjoy my part in being a sales associate.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Slow business after christmas
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eaton Center Toronto22 February 2017
Friendly and approachable environment to excel in communication skills.

Create daily goals for sales associates;
update District managers on sales to budge;
cash customers out at Point of sales, whilst teaching them on shoe care, and up-selling;
responsible for daily deposits.
Pros
long hours, good management
Cons
Eaton centre is open 364 days a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Burgundy. Our community is ready to answer.