Liteline Corporation

Liteline Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Relaxed and challenging workplace
Regular hours per day i learned a lot about different kind of led lighting on how to assemble and make it work. It is fun and easy job nothing is hard.
An Honest Review: Overall Toxic Work Environment
Liteline makes a quality line of products, but they have a long way to go when it comes to employee retention and respect. This review is based solely on my opinion from having worked there for a number of years.

Let’s start with the good:

- If this is your first job (or first job in an office), you’ll get to learn basic skills that will be valuable as you progress in your career. You’ll also get to deal with many complex characters and interactions, which is also valuable in a way.

- They’re pretty good about providing product and industry training.

- They occasionally had company BBQs and other events for staff appreciation.

- The best part of the job is your co-workers. Most are very talented, down to earth and have similar feelings about the toxic environment. Many deserve better.

But unfortunately, that is where the “good” ends for me…now to the bad:

- LOW pay in most positions. Not even sure that students fresh out of school would accept it these days. Minimal increases.

- MINIMAL job security. I witnessed an abnormal amount of terminations here.

- HIGH level of turn-over. It would be strange to go a month (or less) without hearing gossip of someone “no-longer with the company”.

- NO-ROOM for growth. They rarely promoted internally, and mostly went external.

- They aren’t “progressive” when it comes to trends in work (compounded by a lack of trust). So, if you’re thinking of working from home from time to time…forget about it.

- Most things need to be approved by ownership (family-run business). Due to this, it ends up taking FOREVER to complete
 - more...
Garbage
Political and horrible chain of command. Do not try to get a job here. The pay rate sucks. The manager and supervisor do not care about the workplace environment. The benefits are trash. This place is a joke.
great place
the workplace is nice, clean and organized. the supervisors are extremely approachable and good to everyone. the managers care for their workers and the place is busy but it is fun
Clean warehouse with cool management + gym
I worked as a picker and i found the building to be exceptionally clean compared to other warehouses i have worked in. The hand held scanners were also cool to use. For training each new team member in the warehouse was given a booklet of standard operating procedures which helped outline specific tasks to new workers.

All warehouse team members worked together to complete any tasks as required, I never felt like i was alone facing a mountain of work and always had people willing to help me throughout the day. Management team was cool and said hi to everyone each morning often bringing coffee and doughnuts. The inventory team was always around ready to assist if i encountered issues.
Pros
Building has a cafeteria which serves great food.
Cons
None.
A great place to work
I've worked in the warehouse/distribution center for 3 years. It is very busy and there is a lot of work to do as its a growing company. despite the workload, the management makes it fun and the atmosphere is very good. Everyone in the warehouse gets along well with one another and works as a team, everyone is cross-trained on each others job so we don't get slammed during vacations and when people call in sick. Training was very thorough and organized, I received my sop's in writing with pictures and cheat sheets, a trainer worked along side me until I was ready to work on my own.

Their ops manager runs a tight ship but is very fair and pushes the team dynamic. Makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome. I had a complicated personal issue, he was very sensitive and understanding to my issue and accommodating.
Pros
Great atmosphere, facility is very clean and organised
Cons
Friendly co-workers. Zero job security.
I worked there for almost 2 years. There is no job growth at all. The salaries are super low in most departments, considering the extreme work load. They try to fill the low salaries with dumb perks no one cares about, just so they can brag about it. The benefits are awful for a company so big. No major, very small packages...

There is no job security. The turn-around is kind of laughable. I have never worked at a company with so many unreasonable firings and people quitting left and right in almost all departments. It’s a joke.

I feel badly for the people who can’t quit. Honestly most employees there now can do much better.

Only upside is the co-workers, as they’re friendly and everyone understands how hostile the place is. They can all really relate to each other, and talk through things. Most are very helpful too. But the owners and management, and most senior level employees... it’s like a whole other level of nepatism and toxicity.
Pros
Other co-workers are helpful
Cons
Everything else
Not A Good Place to Work
Let's start with the lie they tell you right when you are are hired. They say there's room for growth. THERE IS NOT. Two people during my time here tried to get jobs in different departments and were refused the request. They both ended up quitting after getting better jobs elsewhere. My manager had the audacity to deny this straight to my face when I called her out for lying.

Second, they are unfair with their salaries. I found out another employee who started around the same time as me was making significantly more. So I was mad when I asked for a raise and my manager was vague with her response. It's been two months and she still hasn't given me an answer. You can afford to give my employee that pay but not me? Sure.

Liteline tends to refuse making any internal hires which is why they have such a high turnaround. They apparently don't think millenials are ambitious or driven enough to climb their way up a company, as long as they get perks. This is such poor judgement and severe underestimation of millenials. Liteline is the only company that exclusively hires externally. Why? Because they're cheap and don't want to pay more.

I've been told by my manager there's been a change in my personality in the last couple of months. Maybe if this company wasn't so disorganized I'd actually enjoy working here.

Oh and they called me out for my excessive cell phone. I'm on my phones looking for jobs so I can get out of here.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Poorly salary, zero room for growth, disorganized
Horrible company to work for
Incompetent nepotism at its finest. This is a poorly managed company by individuals with low moral character. They manufacture poor quality products and treat their employees horribly. Anyone who tells otherwise is just desperate to hold onto their job. High rate of churn. Heaven forbid a family member should pass away, you may get the day off. Stay away.
Pros
None - stay away from this blemish on the Canadian economy.
Cons
The list is too long to mention
order entry
take orders via phone, fax and emails - enter all order before 3 pm print orders pick and pack call carriers in for pickup provide customer with the tracking number
Pros
easy pace
Cons
could be boring at times
Terrible place to work
Worst of the worst with a very poor underlying company culture. Company owners make you feel like a peasant and customer service department a mess.

Not recommended for anyone who's looking for a warm environment to work.
Worst place ever
The management is really really bad, they have no experience in managing employees. The work is not as stressful but the bad management makes it that way.
I'm surprised the clients haven't notices the low quality of work and technical knowledge. There have been instances of bad client communication and misinformation.
Pros
Salary is OK.
Cons
Management, Hr
Family owned and managed business
Definitely different dynamic, father and 3 children are essentially upper management. It isnt necessarily a bad thing I beg to differ just different sort of management you typically would expect in a corporate environment.

co-workers turn over rate very high, aside from managers there were a lot of new hires and a lot of people leaving.

all around not a bad company at all, just sort of displaced cause of the high turn over.
Pros
Growing business exciting to be a part of, had a great manager
Cons
Sense of displacement as an employee, there is a sort of inner circle within the employees and than just the expendables.
Excellent Organization to work for. In Business 30+years
Was there on assignment but they are very organized and professional. Everyone is dedicated to their duties and helpful.
fun place to work
Very fun. friendly the hardest part was to stop and do something else
being there was a family there was always an understanding between us
Pros
free lunch sometime
Cons
waking up really early
In charge of cerifying acceptable electric houses unto ratifable standards
Assemble electric houses unto billboard panels to be displayed unto interested customers.