Liteline Corporation Employee Reviews

Friendly co-workers. Zero job security.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 May 2019
I worked there for almost 2 years. There is no job growth at all. The salaries are super low in most departments, considering the extreme work load. They try to fill the low salaries with dumb perks no one cares about, just so they can brag about it. The benefits are awful for a company so big. No major, very small packages...

There is no job security. The turn-around is kind of laughable. I have never worked at a company with so many unreasonable firings and people quitting left and right in almost all departments. It’s a joke.

I feel badly for the people who can’t quit. Honestly most employees there now can do much better.

Only upside is the co-workers, as they’re friendly and everyone understands how hostile the place is. They can all really relate to each other, and talk through things. Most are very helpful too. But the owners and management, and most senior level employees... it’s like a whole other level of nepatism and toxicity.
Pros
Other co-workers are helpful
Cons
Everything else
Not A Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 May 2019
Let's start with the lie they tell you right when you are are hired. They say there's room for growth. THERE IS NOT. Two people during my time here tried to get jobs in different departments and were refused the request. They both ended up quitting after getting better jobs elsewhere. My manager had the audacity to deny this straight to my face when I called her out for lying.

Second, they are unfair with their salaries. I found out another employee who started around the same time as me was making significantly more. So I was mad when I asked for a raise and my manager was vague with her response. It's been two months and she still hasn't given me an answer. You can afford to give my employee that pay but not me? Sure.

Liteline tends to refuse making any internal hires which is why they have such a high turnaround. They apparently don't think millenials are ambitious or driven enough to climb their way up a company, as long as they get perks. This is such poor judgement and severe underestimation of millenials. Liteline is the only company that exclusively hires externally. Why? Because they're cheap and don't want to pay more.

I've been told by my manager there's been a change in my personality in the last couple of months. Maybe if this company wasn't so disorganized I'd actually enjoy working here.

Oh and they called me out for my excessive cell phone. I'm on my phones looking for jobs so I can get out of here.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Poorly salary, zero room for growth, disorganized
Toxic place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 April 2019
oh my God, I have never ever seen a work environment as toxic as this place. I was only there for a bit and I saw more than enough evidence that this place is not a good working environment.

1.The customer service manager has no interest in training her employees and can not be bothered with questions.
2.The same Manager will put you on the spot when u make a mistake (mistakes happen and that is normal, you fix it snd move on) and make you feel like dirt. (I felt bad for the guy he scolded I can tell he works hard but was treated like dirt).
3. The same Manager does not have experience in lighting however expects you to know everything about lighting.
4. The same Manager expects you to learn everything in one day. (I wonder if she earned all the things he kmows now in one day lol).
5. She also does not want to be bothered in regards to your training. Is not one of the manager's jobs is to train employees? What is this? Self-trained? lol
6. Same are always walking around to spy on you.
7. Both Managers are rude. they say things that are so unprofessional. Like "you do not have common sense".

I was only there for a bit and they think they already owned me (as an employee) how much more if I have been there

I want to give the management and job culture zero star becauee this place is terrible. Everybody is scared of one of the managers. The air at this workplace is very heavy, intense and negative. I have no good words to say about this company.
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  90 West Beaver Creek6 February 2019
Incompetent nepotism at its finest. This is a poorly managed company by individuals with low moral character. They manufacture poor quality products and treat their employees horribly. Anyone who tells otherwise is just desperate to hold onto their job. High rate of churn. Heaven forbid a family member should pass away, you may get the day off. Stay away.
Pros
None - stay away from this blemish on the Canadian economy.
Cons
The list is too long to mention
order entry
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 May 2018
take orders via phone, fax and emails - enter all order before 3 pm print orders pick and pack call carriers in for pickup provide customer with the tracking number
Pros
easy pace
Cons
could be boring at times
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 May 2017
Worst of the worst with a very poor underlying company culture. Company owners make you feel like a peasant and customer service department a mess.

Not recommended for anyone who's looking for a warm environment to work.
Worst place ever
Employee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 December 2016
The management is really really bad, they have no experience in managing employees. The work is not as stressful but the bad management makes it that way.
I'm surprised the clients haven't notices the low quality of work and technical knowledge. There have been instances of bad client communication and misinformation.
Pros
Salary is OK.
Cons
Management, Hr
Family owned and managed business
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 December 2016
Definitely different dynamic, father and 3 children are essentially upper management. It isnt necessarily a bad thing I beg to differ just different sort of management you typically would expect in a corporate environment.

co-workers turn over rate very high, aside from managers there were a lot of new hires and a lot of people leaving.

all around not a bad company at all, just sort of displaced cause of the high turn over.
Pros
Growing business exciting to be a part of, had a great manager
Cons
Sense of displacement as an employee, there is a sort of inner circle within the employees and than just the expendables.
Excellent Organization to work for. In Business 30+years
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2016
Was there on assignment but they are very organized and professional. Everyone is dedicated to their duties and helpful.
fun place to work
Production assembler (Former Employee) –  Brampton On13 July 2015
Very fun. friendly the hardest part was to stop and do something else
being there was a family there was always an understanding between us
Pros
free lunch sometime
Cons
waking up really early
In charge of cerifying acceptable electric houses unto ratifable standards
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario18 December 2013
Assemble electric houses unto billboard panels to be displayed unto interested customers.