Some perks but a lot of downsides
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) – Edmonton, AB – 16 January 2019
The store culture certainly varies from store to store but the problem is upper management.
- They don't take concerns seriously
- High theft. They expect employees to walk up to thieves and deter them with "customer service" instead of stand behind the till (thieves are often drug addicts or drug dealers) but do nothing to prevent theft themselves, such as security, lock boxes, etc.
- Promotions are poorly planned causing customer/associate frustrations with pricing and inventory control
- Inventory control itself is a joke. Frequently berate stores for their ordering and inventory movement but pre-order products for stores that will not sell
- Area Managers spy on their stores from the parking lot
- Expect a lot of work to be done but budget stores so only one person is working; it's difficult to accomplish tasks when you can't be far away from the front of the store
Discount, good regulars
Store hours, working alone, high theft, no support from upper management