Liquidity Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Director, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX19 May 2018
I would go back to work here if I needed to provide for my family while I found another job, but that would be the only case. Upper management does not understand how to do good software development. Little to no trust is given and metrics drive everything, even that which is supposed to be qualitative and handled via discussion rather than a spread sheet. Unless the CEO, HR and management at VP and up levels has changed since 2017, this is not a good place to work.
Cons
Poor understanding of metrics, command and control structure, bad management, misaligned priorities, weak HR/does not listen to employee complaints, lay off or fire critical thinkers, etc.
Best management I have ever worked with!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ5 April 2018
One of the best companies I have worked for. My managers and team mates were great! We always helped/supported one another. I' am very sad to leave and enjoyed working for this company very much!
Fair and Relaxed Company
Restricted Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK1 March 2018
I learned general warehouse operations, I was certified to operate a forklift, and I maintained my work space for cleanliness and safety.
Management is helpful to complete all tasks.
Hardest part of the job is simply showing up everyday at 6 am.
Pros
Hours, pay, environment
Cons
short lunch break
Vision Change
Principal Systems Integration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX25 February 2018
Was with the company for over 10+ years. The best part of the job was working with talented people and making a difference. Then the vision changed with new leadership and a different culture.
Good Company
Sr. IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pla10 February 2018
Nothing to report here. It was a good company with good benefits, good management, good projects to work on, challenging work. I am only writing more because indeed requires 150 characters
Productive and great pleace to grow as a employee
Class C driver/ warehouse specialists (Former Employee) –  Tracy Army Depot, CA9 February 2018
Related Skills:
I currently work for Liquidity Services as a warehouse specialist and am responsible for receipt and processing of daily scrap property referrals from DLA. Daily duties include; property inspection to ensure no hazardous materials are present, inspection of documentation (DD-1348) to verify correct procedures were followed, segregation of property by Scrap Classification Listing (SCL), mutilation requirements and DEMIL code, removal of scrap property using DLA Form 1367, verification of MPPEH property to ensure proper certifications are present, inspection of material handling equipment.
Pros
Great benefits
Interesting work place
Agile Lead Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX29 January 2018
The typical daily tasks were standard such as meeting with SMEs and creating support materials. I liked working there. Many assignments were interesting and fast-paced. Good place to use your talent and improve skills.
Pros
Agile teams are smart and great people to work with.
Cons
The management could communicate the company's direction better.
Easy but not worth it
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ13 January 2018
The company is going under. Departments rarely communicated making customer assistance difficult. Management rarely took escalated calls. No recognition for your work until your annual review. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work life balance. Wages. Benefits
Cons
Too many. No structure. Management. Lack of communication.
Great work culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 January 2018
Great work culture and people.

Liquidity Services is a global solution provider in the reverse supply chain. We provide consultative asset management, valuation, and sales solutions.
Great company
Senior Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Tobyhanna Army Depot, Tobyhanna, PA20 December 2017
I've work with this company for 12 years. Hard work to get the job done. Not much overtime but I didn't need it. Some travel to help other sites but not anything that interfered with my normal life. Huge bonus at the end of the year based on my work. Some bonus throughout the year. The company recognizes birthdays and anniversaries. Lots of PTO accumulated and can use anytime. All in all Liquidity Services was a fun company to work with.
Pros
early in, early out.
Cons
Sometimes working in the weather.
Sales (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DC19 December 2017
Good place to work at but the company performance is not recently good and they are trying to cut costs as much as they can to survive. I spent quite a time there
Productive and fun place to work
Junior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC22 October 2017
It is a place I was be able to grow in my career. I had a chance to work with different departments. I was give a chance to take classes to improve my skill.
Great place but limited upward mobility
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USA10 October 2017
Liquidity Services is a great place to work. The pay is average to above average of the local market. The only downside is that there is very limited opportunity for advancement outside of the role you are brought in for.

Most managers are on the younger side and will be around for a long time. I have yet to see a managerial role open up while being employed here for that reason. While this provides great stability it places a ceiling young talent.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Training
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Cant recall its been a while
Pit-Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN15 September 2017
its been over a year i cant really recall. I dont want to say to much since its been so long ago. I recall they had us load customer trucks outside in the dead of winter while driving forklifts in the snow. Not safe or fun. No heat in the building.
Pros
meh
Cons
a few
Laid back work environment
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, IN29 August 2017
Liquidity Services is an enjoyable, laid back place to work. It can be fast paced and hectic, but management is easy to work for, and look for opportunities to assist you in your job functions.
Pros
Productive environment, easy to work with supervisors
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement
Easy Come, Easy Go
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ28 August 2017
Great company to work for. Management was very easy to get a long with. Can always email any of C-Level Management with concerns, without feeling out of place. Good work-life balance.
A good experience
Warehouse Associate/ Quality control auditor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TX23 August 2017
Keeping up with production numbers is pretty easy to do, you learn how to reset different electronics, and that comes in handy even in your personal life. Management was okay and the atmosphere was a mixture of ages and cultures. I was still considered a team player until I decided I wanted to learn how to operate a forklift and the manager was opposed to it.
No Balance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 August 2017
No down time
Overworked
When someone was let go or fired work was just spread-out with who was left
spent to much money developing new program when money could be used to hire someone
Awful Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN13 July 2017
Employees treat each other bad. There is no teamwork and so many issues to deal with but management is too focused on production to care about any of them.
Little work life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN25 February 2017
This site is unable to keep a general manager. No Equality in pay among male and female employees with the same job title. Lots of overtime for salaried employees.
Pros
Great stock benefits
Cons
No balance with work/life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liquidity Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.