Liquidation World Employee Reviews

Key Holder
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
This company no longer exists but when it did I enjoyed working with them. The daily routine was cashing in/out floats, open/closing store, stocking, and voids.
Picked & packed Orders for the Western Distribution Centers in Canada.
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
Picked & packed orders at the distribution center,wrapped skids,used the computer system to print our daily orders.Was a fst paced environment,hand bombed trailers,unloaded & loaded pallets.Lifting up to 50 lbs.The warehouse closed down & moved to Ontario.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches & bonus pay for showing up every day.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC5 March 2018
Scanning and bagging peoples items. The culture was very laid back. The hardest part of the job was unpacking freight and stockinjg shelves. Some heavy lifting Enjoyable part were the friendly customers.
Pros
many good discounts
Cons
tendency to overspend ones paycheck in the store
Fun workplace
Sales/ Retail (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON11 February 2018
I enjoyed working here great group of people to work with easy to get along with . they worked with me by basing my hours around my daughter as I was a single mother. very understanding
Pros
GREAT Saff
Cons
store closed down
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB24 October 2017
For the time I was there it was a wonderful place to work and had great co works. Everyone helped out if you needed a hand no one was left on their own to figure things out.
Very cranky people , bad moods
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON9 June 2017
The company was very close and easy to get to but hsted being there never happy horrible atmosphere hated going in everyday not fun at all made you feel lesser to them
Pros
Not very professional additudes
Cons
Horrble people
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON7 June 2017
Good people to work for, good hours for a student. Clean and organised, unfortunately Liquidation Worlds all over closed down, and turned into Big Lots, other than that would still be a good place to work.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Closed down
good people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  associate5 May 2017
It was a great learning experience for a first time job. I learnt how to work in a team environment. How to handle cash, credit and debit cards efficiently.
Friendly Store
Warehouse/Furniture Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
This store closed down from Canada. It was a great place to work at, made some really good friends. As a furniture supervisor, I would have to work do warehouse work, sell furniture, and be cashier at same time. There was a lot of multitasking involved, processing incoming merchandise, and reporting to management for any damages or any other issues.
Pros
friednly people
Liquidation sales floor associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON17 April 2017
Working at liquidation world was fun. unfortunately they closed down and are no longer open for business.

I enjoyed working with people and providing customer service
Fun and enjoyable work atmosphere
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB27 March 2017
A typical day at work for me was a mixture of many things including:

-Sales and Cash register operation
-Merchandising products to shelves, pricing and tagging items
-Warehouse work, shipping and receiving
-Opening and closing of store including paperwork, cash balancing and nightly bank deposits.

I learned many things as mentioned in the above list. Management was kind, polite, helpful, considerate, and approachable. The workplace culture was the best I have ever run into having an excellent staff and management team. The hardest part of the job was when we first were hired we comepletely assembled the entire store from the ground up. The most enjoyable part was working at Liquidation World.
Pros
Learned many new things and was quickly promoted as well as a great store discount.
Cons
No benefits issued and was fairly low paying even as being part of management team
nice.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenmore, NS9 March 2017
The staff provided me with a very close and personal relationship and we grew together and helped eachother out everyway we could.
management was excellent and set an amazing example for me and how I would conduct myself in later careers.
during my time there, the people I worked with became much more then co workers and mean quite a bit to me.
would recommend for anyone looking for a great team mentality sales approach and to develop selling and interpersonal skills.
Loved the products
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC24 February 2017
I wish this store was still around, I enjoyed the people, both employees and customers. The atmosphere was for th most part enjoyable. Unfortunately they closed all stores.
great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON29 January 2017
loved working. here, very clean friendly atmosphere. preformed inventory, restocking of shelves and items, built furniture, displays, etc. basic custodial duties
fun work place
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
i missed this place and i am very sad they had to close it down ,.. but at the end was always a nice and fun place to work at.
i would alwasy come in very early , to clean up my area of work,. making sure everything was clean and ready for the clients to come in ,... i was in charge of opening the store . co-workers were like family to me i got along with everyone including my manager and supervisor ,...
the hardest part of the job to me was nothing really .. i loved what i did ... the most enjoyable part was everything , getting to know new people, making friends , etc etc.
A very good company to work for and will go back
Shelf Stocker-Department manager (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB20 September 2016
In a days work some management didn't like you and had some-one to fill your spot overall the company is a very good company to work with, customers all ways come back just to say hi and do there shopping and the kids always liked you because when you treat them like a adult and helped them they thanked you with a smile thinking they have the same rights as mom-dad did in the store and asked fore help.
Pros
Summer bike checks to make shure there bike was safe to ride, Safty team member, welcomming customers
Cons
there are no cons when you do your job
fun
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS10 July 2016
pleasse ask some one else to fill this stuff out not intrested in this sound like componies need people help and i cant do it
Pros
good bosses
Cons
same
I really enjoyed my job there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 May 2016
My job was to go thru pallets and open every box and price accordingly. Run the till. Also lock store at the end of the day. I learned to be quick with a smiling face and make customers happy.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
not enough hrs in a shift sometime
Fun place to work
Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB29 February 2016
I get of school and go straight to work. I put merchandise out on the floor and set up furniture. Sometimes I work to fast they don't know what job to give me next. I have learned a lot making furniture talking to the costumers. The management was great. I got along with all the co-workers I friended all of them. The hardest part when my Boss gave me a job I could not do by myself could not ask for help because all the other workers had day off. Going there and seeing all my friends and to be truthful getting paid every two weeks.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
good hours
Fun job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB28 January 2016
Working at liquidation world was a good job , loved helping the customers and filling the shelves up with new stock.
co-workers were easy and fun to work with.
Pros
Fun staff