Lion Employee Reviews

low paying
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KY15 March 2019
I worked third shift mainly by myself. i would count different product and adjust inventory. I was only one in building ,i had a lot of responsibilties and trust the pay just was not enough.
Pros
worked at own pace
Cons
pay was poor
Awful
Slave (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KY14 December 2018
Enough is never enough with that place. If u love to be made to feel stupid then that’s the job for u . The days never end. Such chaos when it comes time to leave. One day u are told something the next it’s like u made the whole thing up such awful treatment there
Pros
Cons
Management, management, hr dept, management
Works all the time and fun place.
Spreader (Current Employee) –  Hazel Green, KY12 September 2018
A typical work day.I learned that you have to be quick at this job and remembering numbers.This workplace is quick and fun. Hardest thing about this job is working fast and remembering big numbers. The most enjoyable thing about this job is learning more about how to make our police and fire fighters outfits.
Pros
good times for breaks
Cons
hot factory.
working at Lion
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KY24 August 2018
I worked there for 14 years.it is a great place to work.I had no issues with anything or anyone.I would still be there but my currant employer offered me full time and more money.
Pros
close to home, good benefits.
Cons
very hot and sometime you will have machine problems
Successful Privately Owned Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH12 June 2018
More corporate culture than you might expect from a family owned company. However if you are dedicated and work hard, you will be rewarded with opportunity for advancement and fair compensation/benefits.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KY6 June 2018
It’s fast paced and you get paid time off. Day shift hours and can be home with your kids in the evening. Loved working there but some supervisors had favorites and didn’t treat fairly.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Too strict...feels like your in school
work stated at 6:30 am and ended 5:00 pm
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OH5 May 2018
it was completing orders for fireman's helmets that I did all finishing work by hand. Including making leather helmets. I did quality control on helmets sent to me from production prior to finishing the orders. I used Oracle program to complete all lot control items.
Pros
I had every friday off
Cons
my wage only increased $1.40 over a 10 year period
Difficult to Catch a Break
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Dayton22 April 2018
As a corporate office employee, it's so difficult in culture. You have the proverbial employees that are able to do whatever they choose and some who are forced to tow the line! It's a very stressful atmosphere for those few employees that are tasked with more than can possibly be completed by them. Lion doesn't care how hard you work, how faithful you are or how many hours a week you give them. It's once again, those certain few that can advance and actually get paid a living wage. It's sad as they really could be a good company to work for if they'd just pay attention to what's really going on inside their own building!
Cons
Unfair, poor pay, ridiculous expectations
Waste Of time
None (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 April 2018
..It's a serious waste of time. I'm over qualified to sit in a chair all day.
I'm not entirely sure what else to say. I have all that is required and more. Obviously they like people who are problematic with attendance, because there was an overly amount of emphasis on that'.
Productive. Friendly environment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KY21 March 2018
Don’t use your phone. Show up on time . And try your best. I loved the people there and my supervisor was friendly and helpful if I had a problem she was eager to help me understand what I did wrong.
Pros
Free lunches often
Cons
Steady work flow
Poor pay
Regional Sales Manager - West Coast (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH7 March 2018
When I worked there in the 1980's the pay was low and the benefits not very good. I am sure there have been many changes over the years, as the company has really grown.
Productive, competitive
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KY2 January 2018
A typical day in the workplace usually started at 6:30 an we worked until 5:00. We normally worked overtime everyday and it was normally very organized. At times we would run out of work and be sent home early. I learned how to multitask very effectively. My manager worked along with us very hard but at times we couldn't find her if we needed help. The workplace was very fast-paced an competitive. We had strict rules we had to follow. Thanks hardest part of the job was making sure all of my jobs was caught up to speed with the rest of the line. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be all the overtime on my paycheck at the end of the week.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Running out of work
Overall a good place to work
SERVICE PERSON (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KY22 December 2017
I learned time management skills. Typical day of work was usually 8-9 hours long. The management there needs some work, most of the managers don't know how the lines actually run, and will come in and expect things from ones who either hasn't been trained, or just can't do that with the time they're given. The management needs to spend more time on the floor watching how the lines work, and learning the weak spots to ensure productivity.
Pros
company dinners, bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
Good for a starter job
Fabric Cutter (Former Employee) –  Hazel Green, KY13 November 2017
Good if you need factory experience doesn't pay enough for the work you do even if you eventually get to move up supervisor had no idea How to run a factory
Pros
Good people to work with
Stressful environment
Lion apparel (Current Employee) –  West Liberty, KY22 September 2017
Lion is not a place you would recommend to your worst enemy its one of those jobs you dread to wake up and go to, its highly stressful bc the employees are treated unfairly and as if they are stupid it doesn't matter if you work 1 day 1 year or 100 years here you will be treated with disrespect. The work is not hard at all and if managed better it could be a good work place but that would mean a complete overhaul of attitude and management and the pay needs to be updated to a much better pay rate.. the cell pay system doesn't work bc you will always have unhappy under paid employees that feel like they work too hard to not get incentives bc of those not working.
Cons
Pay, disrespectful attitudes, poor management system
Great place to work with excellent benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KY2 September 2017
Great place to work. Most employs had been there for years, Raised there kids while working hard and most felt like family.

Lion Apparel made uniforms of all styles and the constant change in styles and sizes where always a challenge. Really enjoyed learning all the spec and quality associated with each and every shirt and pants that we shipped out.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
left country
my title
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beattyville, KY28 August 2017
Lion was an awesome place to work. Very close to home. Great people. The pay wasn't that good, but did give a yearly bonus that was adequate. Especially at Christmas time.
Lion is not a good place to work at all!
Sewing Operator (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KY11 August 2017
Lion Apparel says that you can advance and work your way up to great pay but it's all lies unless it just so happens that one of the supervisors really like you.
The management is not much better. They don't treat the employees very well at all and when a better position becomes available they don't even post the job for the employees, they just hire someone from the public that don't know anything about the work that is done there.
family oriented place to work
Quality Control Leader (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KY 4076911 April 2017
Lions was a great place to work. you could earn extra money based on the amount of work that you did. You also had vacation and sick time. Had great benefits as well.
Cons
No longer in williamsburg
good place to work, good hours but dont expect a raise and you dont knw when you will get bonus
Shipping and Production (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OH7 April 2016
Work is steady laid back environment a few good workers but the money is just not there. Great hours and paid holidays just the will want more work and not give you an raises.
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
get no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lion. Our community is ready to answer.