LION'S GATE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Positive Overall
Operating Rooms Booking Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC13 May 2018
Lion's Gate Hospital is like a small community, and each department often overlaps or provides for work and personal interaction. Hospital much like a TEAM overall. Hiring practices are fair and ask appropriate questions for the position.

Was very proud of the fundraising created by and with volunteers to assist with funding such as additional equipment, but I was most impressed by the new Psychiatric building (which is now open) and the Mental Health Awareness. Patients First was the slogan and we all worked hard to ensure that motto was actually an activity and not just words.

OR booking team worked very hard. The team was approximately five staff, each with different OR specialties. The job was high paperwork and high demand, and often things changed in a second. We were responsible for ensuring patient medical history, eg. diabetic was included in the form and the EMR. Also, we had to ensure ALL the right specific physician requests for equipment were entered ACCURATELY. We understood although paperwork, peoples lives and quality of lives was directly related to doing our position with due diligence and full accuracy, lest an operation could be compromised.

Essentially, everyone took pride in working hard. The nurses in the OR and the doctors were all professional. My husband attended as a patient on several occasions, and it was reassuring to me to know that Lion's Gate would provide him with excellent care and they did.

I left my position as commuting took 1 1/2 hrs per day back to South East Vancouver and I was offered a full time that was attractive.
the gem of north vancouver
Operating Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC17 August 2017
A very good environment for the worker that enjoys fast paced problem solving. I learned how to think quickly on my feet to assist the managers and nurses during stressful times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself. It was rewarding to assist people in need.
Pros
staff & helping people
Cons
pay
Great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 March 2017
Welcoming environment. Small community feel in a city centre hospital. Employees and clients alike are proud of the history of the hospital and community.
Ed
Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC22 January 2017
It's a fine place to work. I'm happy to use this service but not pleased that completing this review is a mandatory part of completing an application within the system. Seems unreasonable.
Productive, excellent, amazing place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
typical day at work is transcribing on to charts, kardex and Mars, processing physicians orders. Making changes and updates to patients daily care. Processing Lab's paper work, calling for Tests. Processing Drug orders.
Amazing team of co-worker to work with
Hardest part about the job was to see patients in pain and distress.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to know that you are helping to make patients get better and making a difference in their lives.
Pros
great place work and excellent team to work with.
Cons
long ways to travel, and positions available
Busy and supportive place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC17 May 2016
LGH has provided a great work environment for me. I have enjoyed my time working as a registered nurse at Lions Gate Hospital
I came for the work...I stay for the team
RN-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC13 February 2015
Love the flexibility of shifts offered and ability to change it is needed. Being listen to in difficult situations and offered help.
Training on job is great and staff supportive.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
advancement in career is a bit slower process
Great coworkers and management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2014
Socialized medicine experience as this hospital was in North Vancouver, BC Canada. Floated to different floors (see resume) Very busy as well, but excellent team work. Mgt very supportive of their nurses.
Pros
supportive staff & mgt, numerous free courses to upgrade skills, good pay and benefits
Cons
shifts were DDNN, so was hard to turn around, no choice to work only days or nights
Teamwork