Linen Chest

Linen Chest Employee Reviews

Featured review
Linen Chest selected this as a representative review
J'ai adorée travailler pour la compagnie Linen Chest.
Pros
L'équipe, l'horaire, les membres de gestion
Cons
Le salaire
27 November 2020
Merci d'avoir pris le temps d'écrire un commentaire sur votre expérience !
I worked here for less than 2 years. I took the job with the understanding that I would be put into management when the position was open. The position was open more than once in my first year and management was brought in from outside the company to fill the position, when I asked about it I was told I was up for the next position. I witnessed associates being belittled and put down by management for situations that arose with customers and management didn't want to step in.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
commission. theft. competition for customers
20 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time in writing a review and we are very sorry about your experience while working at Linen Chest. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedbacks as it gives us insights on how we can do better! It may be too late to reconcile, we want you to know that we’ve used your feedback as part of our coaching and training.
Beaucoup de défis au quotidien. Bon support de l'équipe et des collègues. Belle entreprise avec une culture familiale !
13 October 2020
Nous vous remercions pour votre commentaire et nous vous souhaitons un succès continu avec notre entreprise!
Une des meilleures cie qui soit culture entreprise Si on aime évoluer ds un environnement qui bouge rapidement 😊
Pros
Avantages sociaux ambiance salaire
Cons
Communication entre le bureau et les magasins
13 October 2020
Merci pour vos commentaires! Alors que nous nous efforçons de fournir un environnement stimulant. Nous aimerions en savoir plus sur votre expérience concernant le siège social et les magasins. Pourriez-vous contacter notre équipe RH à cet égard ?
No competent management at all. Store manager has staff that have been with the company for less than 2 weeks training new staff. There is no structure to hiring or training, managers are dismissive and rude when asked questions regarding company policies. I've witnessed the store manager being Islamophobic towards one associate. Head office needs to look into this location
13 October 2020
Thank you for your comment and we’re sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us. Again, thank you for letting us know where we felt short, we will ensure to share this comment with our management team.
C'est une entreprise avec beaucoup de potentiel, plusieurs projets sont en cours de réalisation afin de la rendre d'avantage meilleur. Le poste que j'occupe me permet de voir toutes les possibilités d'avancement que l'entreprise peut offrir et souvent la main d’œuvre se trouve a l'interne. Une chose est certaine, tous les jours sont bien occupés.
13 August 2020
Merci pour votre commentaire !Nous sommes heureux d'entendre que les choses vont bien. N'hésitez pas à nous faire part de vos commentaires afin de mieux vous soutenir pendant votre emploi chez LC
I was hired on the spot by one manager who was great. She was acting as multiple positions and quit because of the pressure from the job. Then the new manager was extremely unprofessional and treated all employees she didn't like awfully. I watched her make multiple young employees cry, one specific case was questioning her living situation and her income. As well as fire another, then escort from the store and pat down another one down for asking for more shifts. No training at all. My only training shift I was thrown on the register and told to figure it out. Manager over hired cashiers and stopped scheduling others she didn't like to get them to quit. They do not respect scheduling conflicts. I explained before I was hired the times that I could not work, but was scheduled during those times every single week. Expects employees to do way more work than possible in the time given, then gets angry about jobs not being done. Also doesn't let multiple people work on one job at a time to help complete tasks. While the manager was awful, the other employees were very welcoming to everyone and actually bonded over the mistreatment we were all experiencing.
Pros
Other employees
13 August 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your experience.Would you mind reaching out to us at rh@linenchest.com with more details ? Any more light you could shed on what happened would be much appreciated. This would help us to work with the management team to take the appropriate approach and training moving forward.Thank you so much, and we look forward to hearing from you!
The actual company is amazing to work for! The manager we had from April 2019 - Feb 2020 was questionable. He is thoughtless, selfish, and lacks any shred of integrity. From hiring his dishonest, lazy friends, and engaging in illegal activities. It ranged from harassment and other unethical behaviours. We lost so much business and customers, not to mention he tarnished the company’s image. The problem was resolved, but the damage was done. Fortunately once again, I can highly recommend working for Linen Chest, now that he’s gone it’s safe once more for both staff and customers.
Pros
Canadian family owned
Cons
our manager (April 2019 - Feb 2020) was unprofessional and inappropriate.
13 August 2020
Thank you for your review. . We're sorry to hear about your experience with your Manager and hope things have been resolved during the time you were with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for your recommending Linen Chest.
Pros
Canadian family owned
Cons
our manager (April 2019 - Feb 2020) was unprofessional and inappropriate.
15 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, though we really appreciate you sharing your feedback and we're happy to hear that the environment is much better. Should you wish to share any further comments please do not hesitate to contact our HR department directly. They would be happy to learn more about any feedback or suggestions.
Management needs to train staff better in all aspects if the job and be consistent with it. Since there is more responsibility for head cashier the pay should be better.
13 August 2020
Thank you for review and your feedback is important to us. We'd like to make things better, can you reach out to us directly so we can make it right? rh@linenchest.comRegards,
- Management gossips behind your back to other employees and bully you if you do not make the number sales they ask you too - Unhealthy and toxic environment - Called me in to work on a day when I had a 103 degree fever - No attention to employee safety caused me to get ill and go to the hospital - No care for environment or sustainability - Profanity and verbal harassment towards me and other employees on a daily basis
Over the course of the time I was there, the boss was the worst thing I could say. There is no point of working here if the boss overworks you and yet expects you to know everything by the first week. One of the coworkers I had in stock applied for part time, and yet she was working 40 hours a week and yet she only get announced employee of the month and got a 5 dollar discount for any item in the store. How generous of them. The boss had a singular favorite, and that person followed her from store to store for 5 years. AKA this guy was simping for someone that he actually hated. Overall I don't really recommend working here if you don't want to step on eggshells every second you work there.
15 September 2020
Hi there, We're sorry to hear about your experience with our company. Please rest assured we have addressed this with the team to ensure we improve on this.
Very high pressure sales environment Constant sales target haranguing by manager Very huge store to clean & maintain (almost a full-time job) A retailer of this size & scope should have hand held technology vs. a few stations scattered around the store to check prices, inventory & availability of a huge selection of products. A lot of time is wasted walking to & fro - front to back stockroom resulting in poor customer satisfaction & employee dissatisfaction! Poor staff communication- no paid time for group meetings No professional product knowledge key training by suppliers. Learning is done on the fly with tomes of paper bases product knowledge which is poorly written & constructed.fly & reading tones of badly written & constructed
Bad place to work , worked there for 2 weeks couldn’t handle the tasks that given to me, as a cashier I expected to be at cash but they used me as a merchandiser as well and cleaner for the store
Loved my co-workers, the manager was a bully and made young employees cry. She would make us sweep and mop the entire warehouse and complain it wasn’t good enough. Her mood was all over the place. It was somewhat scary not knowing what kind of mood she would be in. She was like a drill sergeant, you always felt uncomfortable when she was around. The schedules went up on Thursdays for the next week starting Sunday. She praised us for our hard work, they also waste so much paper and don’t recycle. next week starting Sunday.
The CEO is the worst, he doesn’t respect or appreciate the people that work for him. Egocentric and full of himself, he doesn’t listen to reason. The people who are still there because they haven’t found something better or too afraid to start fresh.
15 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that your experience at Linen Chest didn’t quite match your expectations. We take our reviews seriously and we always aim to deliver a great experience. We will use the feedback to make us better.
Poste plutôt tranquille, en relation avec les gens.
15 September 2020
Merci pour votre commentaire. Nous espérons que les choses vont encore bien !
Love the people I work with and I am enthusiastic about the products and services offered. Only complaint I have is that they do not offer adequate compensation for the expectations of work. Salary does not meet cost of living in Ontario.
the team was great and supportive, management needs a little help but overall was a pleasant experience. Like any job the clients are what made the job a little difficult at times
The job itself was great; I had amazing coworkers and I loved the clientele. However, upper management and HR do not have your back and, even though serious issues were raised, nothing was done. There is a complete disconnect between them and the front line workers. The job is not difficult, though the stress level depends on the store manager. It appeared that there might be room to grow but it was promised and taken away multiple times. I think certain stores would be ok to work at but others, not so much.
don't work for this company unless you have nothing else. no raise , no advance , bad management,big load of daily work for the salary they are offering
  1. Employee reviews