Lindt & Sprüngli

Lindt & Sprüngli Employee Reviews

Canada95 reviews
I started as a seasonal employee and was kept on as a keyholder, which was unexpected but very nice. My coworkers were lovely, and the environment was nice (air con, can nibble off the table to "try" the product, etc), but my manager in particular was a major con- Instead of helping sales employees on the sales floor, this manager would sit out back and then take credit for all our sales, among other improper workplace actions. That being said, the company itself takes its employee's safety and wellbeing very seriously.
Pros
Flexible hours, pleasant coworkers, pleasant environment
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management
The job it self good and most of the co-workers were nice. The management seemed to be on a power trip to the extent of taping the tampon box in the washroom and not allowing female staff to dispose of female hygiene products. The manger would not tell staff in advance of shipment coming that evening which caused staff to stay 4 hours past thier shift, this wa.unfairconsidering I take public transit.
Pros
Coworker and pay
Cons
Management, human rights violation
I worked at Lindt for a year and a half and my manager showed clear bias towards me in every shift I was with her. I was so hurt and did not enjoy working there at all. The management is so strict and nonflexible about your shifts. I was always underpaid and had to write back to the manager to let her know that she input the wrong hours and I should get paid more. You would not want to work at a place, where you don't get paid. The Lindt website advertises all the cool benefits, but you don't really get anything. You can work at any other place and feel so much more better, physically, and mentally. Pls, don't work here!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, lot of labour, annoying customers, unfair management
i will recommend to others.
nice temperature to work and co-operative team members.

Easy to work.

Shift hours are good.

helpful team members.

fast paced job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I overall had a good time working for Lindt. The people I have worked with were very nice and friendly and the tasks were usually easy. The only negative aspect about this job is being easily tempted to eat chocolates.
Lindt is a great place to work. Working in retail, only expect to move as high as key holder. There in almost no room for advancement. The location I started working at was wonderful. The manager and assistant manager were fantastic people who knew how to treat their staff well, get the job done, remain organised and appreciated hard work. They saw your value and acknowledged it. The manager in particular was an excellent role model and loves her job deeply and does it exceptionally well. However the location I'm at now, the manager in particular, lacks organisation skills, is unfair to her employees work-life balance-you only get one week of scheduling every Monday-, inattentive to detail, always repeating herself, and is almost always a bit of a space-case.
Pros
You get to sample chocolate on your shift, 40% discount on regular priced items, small amount of staff
Cons
small amount of staff, your mananger might suck.
Horrible culture within the company and retail. Top down you can see that there is immense favouritism in the company, and almost no diversity. Several people have been singled out for their orientation, body types,
Cons
Fantastic management and staff, always fun and friendly while keeping up with a quickly paced work flow.
I learned to multitask during my time as a Lindt employee, taking calls, assisting customers, restocking or handing out samples.
Pros
Great staff, great working environment
Lindt has been a great place to work as a part-time sales associate. My typical day includes working the register, stocking the shelves, or approaching costumers.
Good place to work, some managers are better as all work places, Christmas as usual is the busiest time of the year. other than that just regular traffic
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lindt & Sprüngli?
A very safe working environment, respect and value feedback. Regional Manager gives you a room to excel and lead but be accountable. No micro managing.
- barely any hours except right around Christmas
- training was done in 2 days- did get to try a bunch of chocolate

- help set up a store

- major favourtism- seemed like a few of us were always targeted cause we had second jobs, had young families or were sick a bunch

- 40% discount on regular prices chocolate
Had to lift up 22pound boxes(about 40boxes every day) and tilt them to pour the chocolates. Itself, it’s okay but they want me to do it restlessly, repeatedly, without any help, alone.
I was told I was gonna work as a sales associate, but it WAS just stock!! My left knee and left wrist are hurting now, though I only worked there for 2 months as a part time.

While I lift the heavy things and having a hard time on pouring them to the drawer, no one helped me a time, they just stand at the till and giggle, chat each other. When I appproached to them, they stop talking. It sucks
Management is wonderful, fast paced retail sales environment. Friendly staff. Hours and shifts are reflective of what was stated in job offer. Samples!
a great place to work with a great work - life balance. a great group of individuals who collaborate to meet or exceed company's objectives.
some great perks too - chocolate.
No security as the hours change every week and vary a lot. Good hours during Christmas time and holidays but very little other times. Relaxed work environment. Everyone is kind and nothing too competitive.
as a student Lindt in the Eaton Center was not flexible on the hours and days i needed to work esp. during mid terms i did complain that i can't work till 10.00pm on exam nights
Cons
It wasn't a formal job because I was given data and would sit down at whatever point of the day I felt like it and I would write down the information/data given to me for 2-3 hours every day.
The initial interview made the job sound fun, I spoke to the manager and she told me about the times that she and the other employees had been dancing in the store whilst on shift, then I actually got the job and found out dancing was forbidden. This pretty much sums up the job, it sounded fun on paper and the interview and from my boss who constantly spoke about how fun our work was, but in the end, there were way too many very specific rules, you were expected to make no mistakes and provide exceptional customer service for not much compensation (Even key holders only made CA$ 15.00/hr, and there were know holiday bonuses) and mistakes and slips in performance were met with passive aggressive ridiculing and reduction in hours. This isn't even mentioning that a good portion of the job is barista work, and that there are no tips offered. If you want to work in a neurotic, strict and often hostile environment, than maybe you should subject yourself to this. For normal people though, don't let the interview fool you, this job let's you eat chocolate occasionally, but that's the only benefit.
The job was great, I had a great opportunity working there! It was a very fun experience and I learned a lot in a quick period of time! Being a keyholder taught me a lot of informative things!
well the job itself was pretty amazing. i loved everyone i worked with untill they brought in a new manager. once she came in the store went down hill.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lindt & Sprüngli. Our community is ready to answer.