Linamar

Machine Operator
- Check Measurements

- Load/Unload Goods into Machines

- Make Production Quota

- Ensure the Machine's Needs eg) Oil, Coolant, Water, etc.

- Changing Machine Drills

- Heavy Lifting

- Communication amongst team, Calling in Forklift Drivers etc.

- Record Measurements

- Record Production

- Clean up
Mandatory overtime... ALL THE TIME.
They will make you feel like you matter at the beginning then youll become an underpaid work bot, you'll always just be a number to them.

Be prepared to be let go if you refuse to sign their mandatory overtime sheet after your probation period is over.

They will always be down your throat when you dont make numbers due to line issues, and when the line is running fine or its super busy they will not help you at all and will watch you work hard until youre injured.

This company will tell you there is opportunity to grow, but that will only happen if you suck up and become besties with GMs or supervisors so good luck.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
bad management, long hours, long weeks, no life outside of work
Too much work and they have only $15/ hour, but have $21 on piece work. So you are working based on what piece they demand(which is not possible, due to less machine speed). YOur vaccation pay is based on the basic salary which is $15 at the beginning and also there will be two week shutdown every year ( almost every year) without salary. If we compare it with many standard companies, many are giving salary for the shtdown periods
Pros
overtime available every week
Cons
salary based on piece work, no shutdown payment
It was fun working here, management was fun to work with and understanding if you didn't know something and the small factory I worked in I self learned alot (robots)
Pros
Fun, understanding, great environment
Cons
I was able to develop my career with many opportunities for learning and proving my skills. Very stable company with a friendly work environment.
Very open to diverse background
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Stressfull
Great place to work, having a friendly and challenging environment, keeping the workers up on their toes. Every day was amazing and you get to learn a lot throughout the work term! Highly Recommend!
If you willing to advance from machine operator right place for you.Good atmosphere friendly coworkers.Pay is not that great lots of room for improvement in this company.
linamar is good place to work ,people are friendly and multicultural .lots of opportunities out there for you if you are ambitious.Linamar is fast past growing company with lots of opportunity to grow.
I enjoyed the experience of working on the machine and meeting new people. Linamar is a great place to work and I would highly recommend it
It was good but i worked only part-time there and that too for few months so basically it was really good and collaborative environment, i enjoyed a lot.
Horrible company to work for. Especially if you're white. They hire primarily foreigners, so they can continue to pay a minimal wage and the majority won't speak up. Linamar takes advantage of their workers. If I said it once, I'll say it again. Horrible company to work for.
Linamar is fast past growing company with lots of opportunity to grow.
I enjoyed the experience of working on the computers and meeting new people. Linamar is a great place to work and I would highly recommend it.
They are very demanding with very low pay. Supervisor was great however management not so much. I do not recommend anyone to work here unless you absolutely need a job.
Very Rude Supervisor led me to leave working there. This seemed to be the exception while I was working there was all other managers were nice but the few other made it not worth working there.
good place to work, lots of work to do. very high paced, quality management, good equipment, good maintenance, nice lunch room, no issues with time off
Multicultural company. They encourage employees to promote their skills. Trains new employee until they really understand the process. Management are approachable. Highly recommended
It's a job. Your time belongs to them. If they say work well you better work. Good place to get a trade. Let me put this as simple as possible. If you are a immigrant or low professional motivation work here. Average pay. Benefits. If you have drive and hope get a trade. And get out. I stayed too long. I trusted too much. I wasted my life. Please learn from my failure.
Working in linamar is always a pleasure and good company to learn different machines, vertical, horizontal etc. Very friendly environment and people to work with,
very challenging place to work in. friendly coworker.
if you reach out for help management will work with you to get the help you need.

office is very well organized
productive,
challenging

upper management are very cooperative with mid level management

diverse of work culture

Enjoyable workplace

Busy enviroment

Stay focused on Health and Safety

Competitive bonus programs
They expect a lot more out of people than they are willing to pay for.
Reprimanded for calling in sick by means of taking a percentage of your bonus away. HR is an absolute nightmare. They definitely do NOT work for any benefit to employers.

Horrible planning leads mandatory overtime that never ends so you don't get to have life outside of work..
Came out of school looking for an apprenticeship. Paid 15/hr for a year with an apprenticeship training agreement held over my head. Saturday would come around and no one would work so 6 day mandatory for whoever wanted to actually succeed further in life. I honestly hated every single day being there and once I got the training agreement and 5 dollar raise, I moved on. BS company I wouldn’t recommend to anyone.