Linamar Employee Reviews

Cheap company
Tool Crib Pre-setter/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 September 2018
Using people as slaves.
Cheap benefits, cheap on salary.
No work life balance.
Can't stand the place.
If you are in upper management (which is hard to do get to) can be better.
Long nights
Laser Robotics Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 September 2018
Very helpful team to work with. If you are a team player this is definitely the place for you! Very flexible with work hours and typically are always hiring. Company is expanding more and more by the day
Pros
Lots of cross training paving way for new experiences
Terrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph5 September 2018
No union, terrible pay for operators, hard work, heavy, hot, dangerous, toxic, poor ventilation, pretty much everything bad about a workplace, they have it.
The worst treatment I have seen
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 August 2018
Hey everyone. I've journeyed into the pit and I'm back to tell you that everything negative you've heard about this place is true. Not a lot more needs to be said.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Supervisors abusing my coworkers and there was literally nothing i could do
very busy place a lot of over time.
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 August 2018
The company is very busy and a lot of over time. The company has different kind of machine. I got a lot of exposer and expires to those of machines. Also I got a lot of mechanical experiences.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
a lot of over time
Good company to learn
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 July 2018
Good company to learn and start career
Good training opportunities in Linamar.
Chances of advancement
Less room now for senior quality engineer position
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Less salary
OK place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 July 2018
Senior management did not believe in investing in technology which made working in IT difficult. I worked there before the financial crisis and found I could not believe senior management forecast. The boots on the ground people I worked with were awesome.
good structured company with minor flaws
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 June 2018
its been a while since i've worked there but when i was there i did enjoy working there it was good hard work that when done right made the day go by. they have three shifts like most places and some management is not so great but honestly every work place has at least one. advancement can be good long as you work hard and you can apply for different positions and take on new tasks and learn them fast. salary is as to be expected at any warehouse or manufacturing job anywhere between $14 - $20 an hr depending on where you start and your job title. other than that its not a bad place to work just make sure to go to work on time and every day and they will like you. oh and they also have events like bbq's and other cool stuff for the employees as incentive for their hard work.
could change in the humans for robots
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 June 2018
wasnt the happiest place for myself just went in did my shifts did my easy given tasks perfectly and left after each shift. In my opinion the turn over right at this company that all people that come in dont actually get treated as humans but rather robots
Need to relocate because wife found great work in Branford and is pregnant
Material Handler/Shipper Receiver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 May 2018
This job would have been great if it was located further south. I was treated very well. I was appreciated. My life has called for greater things and am forced to move on.
Pros
Good pay and great work environment
Cons
Friendly coworkers in physically demanding job
Machine Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 May 2018
-Long shifts
-Line hands often available to help if needed
-workers friendly and inviting to new employees
-Management helpful with any issues
-demanding. very fast paced work
Linamar Corp Guelph LPC
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 May 2018
The salary was not so what I had expected managers and supervisors used to get angry with employees if things were not done properly. A lot of hassle and work that needed to be completed in time with customers expectations. To much lifting and gauging and inspection of parts a lot of work and quantity of products that needed to be delivered.
Good place for just a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 May 2018
Company is typical for a car parts manufacturer. If you want a job, this is the best place. With very little training( 3 to 5 days) you can be a fully trained employee.

Over time is mandatory for most of the plants, with work life balance being ignored or just completely disregarded.

However, if you need a job, this place will hire you and have you bringing home a paycheck in a pinch.
Pros
lots of jobs available anytime of the year
Cons
high turnover in employees, work life balance does not exist
When there is work its a good place to work with good co-workers
Final Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 April 2018
It can be a productive day when machines are not down. I have been crossed trained which is beneficial when there is no work in my area. I have good supervisors and get along really well with them. There is a lot of different cultures in the workplace and it is very interesting to learn about them. Most are very friendly and I work well with them. The hardest part of this job is not being able to get my production done because of machine breakdowns which is too often. There are to many unscheduled shutdowns and 4 day work weeks which is very hard financially. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can get more than required production out and working with my co-workers.
Pros
cultureral lunches
Cons
.to many problems with machines not being fixed properly
productive
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 April 2018
good experience, manager is very good, supporting, learning culture, higher management is cheap in some areas e.g salary, paid sick days, no flotters and less benefits.
Pros
good manager
Cons
long hours, cheap HR policies
Good working environment
Desktop support Technician Co-op (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 April 2018
Linamar is one of the best Automotive industry anyone would love to work for, friendly and happy employees and there is a lot of great opportunities to grow. Management are always there to help make sure you are trained to the fullest extent.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
non that I know of
Company promotes workhaulic culture with less focus on quality family time.
Sr Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 March 2018
Job security is the best in Linamar. Work is available. Great company to sta rt and learn and move on.
Worse part is employ direspect and abuse. Most Managers are abusers and openly disrespectful. Company has poor human relations departments where HR is affraid of General Manager. Quality Managers havr same situation and they have to do what ever asked by Gerneral Managers.
Salary is OK but bebifits are worse. Company is old fashioned with minimum support for healthy cafetaria food and flexible work.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours low focus on health and family
Not a healthy place to work at
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Unknown16 March 2018
Linamar is a cheap and unethical company. Pay raise is very low and the people there are incredibly sour. Working here is just gonna ruin your overall health. Not a good idea to settle in Linamar.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Cheap, dirty, rude employees, poor management
Hard work with no reward
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 March 2018
Good place to learn, and great stepping stone for future opportunities. A lot can be learned, but a lot of work is involved and long hours. Can be fun too depending on the plant, and management.
To become a part of a team and prove myself as an asset for an organization
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 March 2018
It is good company. It take care of the employees. People are friendly and cooperative.Company give and help in training andnlot of over time. It is a good place to work.
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
Very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linamar. Our community is ready to answer.