LimeBike Employee Review

Its a job
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA12 April 2019
The job really depends on which shift you work. Pay is low compared to competitors. You have to put vehicles out and pick them up, pretty simple. They track you without permission and don't have any regard for your safety
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons

Other LimeBike Employee Reviews

lack of knowledge of how to run a multinational company
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SFO15 May 2019
People working at Lime at the ones who don't have the skills or job experience to work for multinational companies. Does who fail to plan are planning to fail.
Pros
free lunch
Fun (For Now). No structure. Constant changes.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 April 2019
You are either Operations (which means you are deploying/retrieving scooters in your city), or in the warehouse, usually as a Mechanic. The warehouse is laid back and your co workers are great. You will find yourself amongst like minded individuals if you choose to work in this company. Not too much brown nosing, but it exists. Upper management keeps a lot from the employees, which kept a lot of employees uneasy.

The pay for what you are actually doing was GREAT until other companies started their own scooter-sharing businesses. The competition was hiring at +20% in compensation, but I assumed the culture at Lime was better, so I stayed.

Lime WAS a 24 hr. business which catered to all working classes. I had to resign due to the termination of the graveyard shift, which impacted my life tremendously.

Still a "start-up" (respectively), the structure at Lime changed weekly, if not daily. Many of the quick decisions did not seem to be well thought out, and a change would occur just days later. Not once did they reach out to me or my co-workers about "best practices" or what we may need from them, like normal supervisors would do.

Upper management seemed distant from the actual employees. For instance, we heard of the graveyard shift termination via company messaging. They did not have the decency to deliver this huge change in front of the entire staff. Highly disappointing and unprofessional. 100% of the employees I talked with all felt the same...that the upper management were only in it for their own growth and benefits.

Upon hiring, you are notified
  more... that you are a "contractor" for the company, which is a red flag when working for a start-up. No one really knew just how "secure" our jobs were in this case. Does this mean once/if the company gets sold, we are no longer an employee?

I changed to another position which gave a higher compensation. I worked for 4 weeks without that compensation taking into effect. It only went into effect AFTER I had no choice but to resign do to the removed shift.

My co-workers became family to me. Sad it had to end and also sad that we couldn't feel that way about upper management.
Pros
Laid back, Dress Casual, Paid breaks/unpaid lunch, Tools provided, flexible scheduling
Cons
Upper management, poor communication, very secretive, insufficient amount of tools, inefficient business practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LimeBike. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5