LimeBike Employee Reviews

Its a job
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA12 April 2019
The job really depends on which shift you work. Pay is low compared to competitors. You have to put vehicles out and pick them up, pretty simple. They track you without permission and don't have any regard for your safety
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Fun (For Now). No structure. Constant changes.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 April 2019
You are either Operations (which means you are deploying/retrieving scooters in your city), or in the warehouse, usually as a Mechanic. The warehouse is laid back and your co workers are great. You will find yourself amongst like minded individuals if you choose to work in this company. Not too much brown nosing, but it exists. Upper management keeps a lot from the employees, which kept a lot of employees uneasy.

The pay for what you are actually doing was GREAT until other companies started their own scooter-sharing businesses. The competition was hiring at +20% in compensation, but I assumed the culture at Lime was better, so I stayed.

Lime WAS a 24 hr. business which catered to all working classes. I had to resign due to the termination of the graveyard shift, which impacted my life tremendously.

Still a "start-up" (respectively), the structure at Lime changed weekly, if not daily. Many of the quick decisions did not seem to be well thought out, and a change would occur just days later. Not once did they reach out to me or my co-workers about "best practices" or what we may need from them, like normal supervisors would do.

Upper management seemed distant from the actual employees. For instance, we heard of the graveyard shift termination via company messaging. They did not have the decency to deliver this huge change in front of the entire staff. Highly disappointing and unprofessional. 100% of the employees I talked with all felt the same...that the upper management were only in it for their own growth and benefits.

Upon hiring, you are notified
  more... that you are a "contractor" for the company, which is a red flag when working for a start-up. No one really knew just how "secure" our jobs were in this case. Does this mean once/if the company gets sold, we are no longer an employee?

I changed to another position which gave a higher compensation. I worked for 4 weeks without that compensation taking into effect. It only went into effect AFTER I had no choice but to resign do to the removed shift.

My co-workers became family to me. Sad it had to end and also sad that we couldn't feel that way about upper management.
Pros
Laid back, Dress Casual, Paid breaks/unpaid lunch, Tools provided, flexible scheduling
Cons
Upper management, poor communication, very secretive, insufficient amount of tools, inefficient business practices
Likebike is fun
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA3 March 2019
They can fire you whenever they want for no reason over all the in home management is fine and the pay is great I wish they could not just fire people for no reason
Productive you are active through out the day outside in any type of weather conditions.
Driver Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 February 2019
It’s a pretty fun place to work if
You don’t like sitting in one spot. You get to drive around different cities. Pay is alright. The people are cool. If you don’t mind lifting heavy bikes into a van then this is a job you can easily do.
Cut Throat company
Ops driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY29 January 2019
Manager and his sidekick talks behind your back as if no one knows. Exspectaions are high because of other states have multiple law suits and it is trying very hard to make it work in a smaller state. Protest this company. Fake loyalty and workers. Don’t waste your time on this cramp!!!! You have been warned!!!!!!
Productive and fun
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC26 January 2019
Fast-paced growing company with the opportunity to become a part of the transportation community. Managers are flexible and as long as you get the job done and in a safe, efficient manner, everything is peachy.
Not meant to be a career
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 January 2019
this is an amazing place to work while in school or needing extra flexibility in your schedule .

everyone complains about the job because the dont have a strong work ethic but this is a FUN fast paced company and things are always changing.

Dont see lime as a career if you want advancement and a career go else where because they always hiring someone from the outside
Pros
free rides, flexibility, pay
Poor.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IN18 December 2018
There are no words to explain it. Just don’t work here. Maybe the pay is alright, but that’s it. No one cares about the hourly workers, there’s no job security. The crack heads off the streets charging the scooters in their homes have more job security than hourly employees. Like I said. Just don’t work here. I’m saving you the headache.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micromanage, no job security, hours cut drastically.
Dont expect much long term
Campus Patrol (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC12 December 2018
I loved the job until I unexpectedly got let go and No one would even answer my calls. Employees are not cared about. I was told that I was doing a good job and then their 3rd party payroll agency called on Friday evening to tell me I was done THAT DAY. I had no time to plan for it and was left with Bills that I couldn't pay!
I really enjoyed working there and the people I worked with, but they couldn't have screwed me over any more than they did.
Pros
Bikes and Scooters are fun to work with
Cons
They will cancel you without any care or warning.
Fantastic Place even on Friday's
CEO (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VA4 December 2018
Honestly, I felt like I was in the movie Wolf of Wall Street. Best time of my life my wife left me because of my problems. We get hammered drunk at the office on Friday's, Coke the whole nine. We made all the temps do most of our work it was so funny. They did not have a clue. Miss the job honestly. We were a green company delivering scooter and bikes in diesel trucks, hypocritical much? I loved that place it was like heaven but for people like me.
Pros
Free booze and coke
Cons
Not living there
Unorganized an unprofessional
Ops (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX3 December 2018
The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. The management is completely disorganized an they are never actually onsite to help with any questions or concerns
Fun working environment, but slow pace
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX29 November 2018
A typical work day at lime is coming in and not knowing what to expect, one day you’re trying to find something to do another there’s a lot to do. Great people/team that are willing to help. I recommend bringing your own tools because you’ll be looking for some half of your shift.
Sweat box, not worth it
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC29 November 2018
Horrible management,, unprofessional child like man boys running it, no direction, no compensation, no job security at all, the main manager got his position because of an even harder workewho single handedly built up the Charlotte down town area and made him handle all of his work
Pros
If you like the outside
Cons
Work hard for nothing, no lunches, no breaks, management none existence
Its a good temporary job.
Ops lead (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL28 November 2018
It's not a bad job if you have good management. The one I had spies on you, and only liked the people who brown nosed him. Aside from that it's a good temporary job.
Pros
Can be cool and fun at times
Cons
Manager tries to spy on you occasionally
Horrible place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC8 October 2018
You rely on an app to do your daily job which never works but you are held responsible even if it doesn't. Manager is Prejudice and unable to receive feedback in order to help limebike be successful. Has minorities doing the bulk of the labor while non-minorities sit in the office and go to events. Life is constantly in danger due to retrieving bikes and scooters in high-crime areas. Constant spiders on bikes and scooters. Manager is scared to stand up to headquarters because it is all about the money. Not about safety. Constant talking behind people's back by management not coworkers. Manager constantly keeps trouble started in the workplace by talking about people and not thinking that it will get back to them. Which creates a bad work environment
Cons
Great company but seemed unorganized
LimBike Tech Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 September 2018
I worked at Limebike for about 4 months, which for the most part, was a great experience. The work day for me was very busy but for many others their main goal was to killing time until clocking out. The management did not enforce guidelines or goals on unmotivated individuals and working hard was not really necessary. I thought that the teams I worked on were fairly productive. Sometimes people would not report accurate numbers and that made the hard work I actually did, seem pointless. The tools they provided kept getting stolen so we were treated like children when asking for new tools. I really enjoyed the relaxed environment however many employees took advantage of that. Great place to work but working conditions were no longer bearable after weeks without bathrooms due to renovations (port-a-potty only).... But some managers were great and cared about those they managed. Others gave nothing to those below them and treated us in that way.
it was alright workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX12 August 2018
It was okay working at limebike it was a nice experience I learned a whole lot my working on bikes meeting different people earning money on a daily basis
Greed and hubris makes for a terrible culture
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA9 August 2018
In a race with competition, the workplace culture is incredibly negative and leadership is full of arrogance. Typical Silicon Valley bro thought makes up 98% of the leadership leading to power struggles and lack of direction. Another player in the sickening gig economy, you can't claim to be green if you have SUV's, trucks and vans racing around a city picking up scooters who have a maximum of 300 charge capacity lithium batteries.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
workplace culture
Management is not there
Operation (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV7 August 2018
The worst company to work for owned by Uber there is no structure the management doesn’t care for staff pay issues and more are the reasons not to work for this company
It’s a nice job to work
LEAD OF OPERATION (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL1 June 2018
It’s a good job beside the fact that the manager doesn’t really know too much about operation so he always misleading on your job tasks and never listing to your opinion on how to increase work production
Pros
They provide 401k
Cons
No vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LimeBike. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5