Lilac Resort

Lilac Resort Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
I loved working as the cook at Lilac. The environment was so welcoming, it was more than easy enough to get up and WANT to go to work. The food menu wasn't too complicated, and I also enjoyed how fast paced it was. By far one of my favorite job experiences. The hours were flexible, the staff was nice. The only con was there was no Air conditioning in the kitchen. It was a small shack-like building with many grills and deep fryers beside a pool, with no shade or wind.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No discounts, no A/C
Best job I've ever had in my life with a nice raise every year you come back, good coworkers (usually) and amazing management. The longer you work there the better everything becomes and the job itself isn't difficult.
Lilac is a very fast paced workplace some days, and there are some days where it's cold and you don't have many orders to fill out. Although it gets extremely hot some days most days are good depending on the weather. Always have a water bottle with you so you never get dehydrated. The workers are friendly , and kind, I made friends there. You also get to listen to music while you work, and sometimes there's a DJ. Lilac is a fun workplace to be at.
Pros
Two free tickets that you can use anytime to get into the park
Cons
gets very hot inside the concession stand some days
Cleaned up around 30 camp sites per day, i dealt with sewage back ups, angry geese, drunken teens. I also did a bunch of lime stone work. The management was well kept and i got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part about this job was dealing with sewage back ups. Other than that, it was a breeze.
Pros
Great work enviroment