Lightspeed

Lightspeed Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Potential for growth in the right direction
Lightspeed is a great first-job to have; lots of entry level positions in an office setting and not much background required. Lightspeed is where I learned how to use Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, Jira, Zendesk, and a host of other computer softwares that make my profile exponentially more valuable. An absolutely beautiful office in a fantastic location; fully stocked kitchen; free lunches and dinners for end-of-month. Growth at Lightspeed is very horizontal, making it relatively simple for you to move from one position/department to another.

However, that all came at a cost. Heavy loads of responsibilities for which we are not adequately compensated; long and often unpredictable hours with no guarantee of breaks. Management was unprofessional, played favourites. These were all concerns that were brought up to upper management and HR, but little was resolved. Lightspeed definitely fosters a certain culture for its employees - especially in sales; anyone who doesn't identify with that luxurious lifestyle and profile will most certainly feel left out. As someone who worked in a customer-service position, I can also say we were given very little assistance on dealing with upset customers which was outrageous. Not much to do other than to apologize and remind them that they are bound to a contract.

If you're able to put up with a great deal of stress, pressure, and competitive targets, then the reward is phenomenal and this may just be the place for you. If not, I would strongly advise you to reconsider before applying. My recommendation is to look for jobs at Lightspeed that
 - more...
Great Benefits and Work Environment.
Offers a great salary and benefits package and values collaboration and community. Quintessential "work hard, play hard".

Opportunities to learn and grow, and a plethora of job perks (kitchen with snacks, weekly happy hours, retreats, volunteer day off, vacation time and more).

Man
Work hard, play harder
Good place to work at if you are highly competitive and fit in with their culture. Lots of perks and fun activities.
Very hard work and somewhat nepotism prevails.
Dynamic Workplace
A Dynamic workplace with a lot of opportunity to learn and grow! Great culture and environment. Flexible and great management that truly cares about you.
great environment great future
dynamic teams, leadership, and opportunities abound. If you invest yourself are open and honest this company will take you places. Great long-term outcome and a fun young team. You get to be who you are at work at all times.
Excellent place to help bring the power of technology to small and medium size businesses
Fast-paced environment of young, bright minds seeking to revolutionize small and medium-sized business in the realm of restaurants, retail and online stores compete with industry giants.

Always innovating and improving the tools to help customers reach maximum efficiency while reducing the cost of overhead.

Lightspeed is a rich and diverse community with excellent benefits.

Helping customers master the tools and overcome hurdles is all in a day's work, from managing the point of sale to streamline the business workflows to helping customers make maximum use of the reporting Lightspeed provides as well as integrating with many partners to cover all the bases.
Pros
Free lunches, free transit, health and fitness coverage
Cons
Rotating shift work can impact life outside of work
Not your regular 9 to 5! Great company culture with lots of room for advancement
I started Lightspeed a little over 2 years ago. Since then, I've seen the company evolve into a very data driven company, which allows us to diagnose issues quickly and come up with the best possible solutions to these issues.

Lightspeed is a sales driven company. If you put in the work, which sometimes means long hours, you can easily hit your targets and will be properly rewarded for that.

People at the company are generally friendly and easy going. Management is very easy to talk to and they are very proactive about employee feedback.

Expect fun company events year round, free snacks and beverages, end of the month lunches and catered breakfasts.

It is an exciting time to be part of this company.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, easy to talk to management
12 December 2018
Thanks for your wonderful review! We're so happy to see all the things you enjoy about Lightspeed. We try to enable people to do the best work of their lives, and foster a culture that is welcoming, hardworking, and fun overall. Thanks again!
Great company! Great culture! Best place to work!
I have been working with Lightspeed for over a year and from day one, it has been a company where you walk in a feel the magic!

I love coming to work everyday, working with the people that I love, on projects that really have an impact. We have a great management team and an incredible company culture.

Lightspeed has been an incredible learning experience for me and the company really encourages and empowers "thirsty" and driven people. There are certain days that can be tougher than others, but after all, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada / Quebec! However, it's the type of work hard party hard environment that allows a person like me to thrive in.
Pros
Great people, Incredible growth and learning opportunity if you're up for it. really, no day is like any other.
Cons
It's really work hard party hard culture, so you have to be up for it in order to like working here. If you do, you will find it to be the best place to be.
12 December 2018
What a fantastic review to read. We're so happy to know that you love coming into work everyday. That means we must be doing something right! We typically hear that we have a work hard / play hard culture, and I can't think of a better way to explain it myself. It is hard work, but in turn, we recognise everybody for all their efforts. Thanks again!
Too much clapping!
If you are looking for a job where you can come in at 9am, leave at 5pm, take a 2 hour lunch, and spend half of the rest of your day on facebook... Lightspeed is NOT the right place for you.

However if you want to work at a job that is challenging, where you are encouraged to think outside the box, come up with new ideas, where managers are not afraid to call you out on mistakes, but at the same time cheer your accomplishments (seriously they will clap), then Lightspeed could be a great fit for you.

Management is amazing, especially if you can take constructive feedback. The company is very data driven, so when things aren't going well, they are quick to brainstorm solutions. Once the ship is turned around (IE: numbers start going in the right direction), you can expect more clapping.

Go to market structure is simple enough. Marketing drives leads, demand generation screens the leads (no cold calls) and passes to sales (again no cold calling), and sales closes the leads.

If you do your job well, you can get promoted fast at Lightspeed. The company is fast growing, so you see a lot of people get promoted in 5-6 months (not years).

Free coffee, free snacks (which I guess is pretty standard for most companies). Good vacation (3 weeks plus a shut down week over xmas).

Depending on your role, there can be long night the last day of the month (like 9pm or 10pm), this is cause they are a sales focused organization but catered food is provided (and drinks).
Pros
Promotions based on merits, numbers driven, open to new ideas
12 December 2018
Thank you so much for your kind words! We also appreciate you sharing that Lightspeed is tough work, and that we aren't your typical punch-clock organisation. We are a company of high performers that truly want to be part of Lightspeed's success. This is why we try to provide a great work environment and culture for everyone. Thanks again!
Liars, Horrible management, they buy you with perks.
Bad company they buy you with perksBe careful when accepting an offer from them. They usually hire people that already have a job elsewhere so don't leave your old job for this one. Maybe take a leave of absence then try here. Management is focus on intimidating you instead of helping you. You are expected to learn on your own their S software which half of the features are either missing or not working. They find work arounds that clients hate so you have to deal with that. It is like dating an ugly gf with a lot make up or an very old man with lots of money. They cover all the bad things and try to buy you with perks! Plus you have to assist to hundreds of useless meetings. You will have to be really extraverted to try to fit or else you will be target as the bad person. Do not be fool by perks!
Pros
Free coffee and cereals you will need lots of coffee and tylenols
Cons
Management, culture, turn overs, people come and go!
12 December 2018
Thanks for your candid review - we apologise for the delay in responding. We're sorry to hear that Lightspeed hasn't matched the expectations we intend it to have for our employees. I'm happy to report that over the last year we've managed to decrease turnover significantly, build a management program, and add new benefits to the table. We're always looking for constructive feedback in order to make change happen, so thanks for letting us know.
Awesome Startup business
Great startup business. Work/Life balance very well thought of.
They think about their employees by including monthly bus pass for free, insurances and more.
12 December 2018
Thanks for your review! We're so glad to know that you enjoy our perks and benefits We know our Lightspeeders work hard, so we want to make sure our people are well taken care of. Thanks again.
Nice workplace bad management
The workplace is great, people are very friendly, a lot a benefits, fully loaded kitchen.

Management on the other hand is really bad. They think they listen to the employees problems but it looks like they live on another planet.

Big turnover.
12 December 2018
Thanks for your review. We're happy to know that you enjoyed our workplace culture and benefits. As for the cons, you'll be glad to know that our leadership development program is a priority, and we're continuing to work with managers to ensure continued success.
Good perks, bad management, nice peoples
Worked there for almost 2 years, worked in two different team. You need to fit in, as they're not really diverse. Management doesn't seem to know where they are going. VP is a sale person so all they think about is getting more feature in their product without taking care of stability or making sure everything works great. You may get overworked... They don't really know how to manage people and how to get you to advance in your career..

Great perks, best insurance all around, free food and many events for employees.

Possible remote work
Pros
Free food, remote work.
Cons
Max only 3 weeks of vacation, bad management.
Productive and fun workplace with snacks and open space
The working day begins with a free breakfast and snacks :)
Collective is made up of people under 37 years old. The atmosphere is relaxed. I really like to work in Lightspeed
Pros
Free breakfast
Great pay - Horrible culture
You can make decent money if you work hard, but expect to be micro-managed, attend useless meetings and forced company gatherings.

Do not expect any transparency from management or your peers.

If you value work/life balance and your self-respect, you will not be happy working here.
Pros
Potential for good commission
Cons
Everything else
Awesome tech company!
I've been working at Lightspeed for 1 year now, and it's honestly been the most challenging job I've ever had (in a good way!) I feel like I have learned so much over the past year and I love EVERYONE I work with and we are now 450 employees globally.
Things happen so fast here, you need to be proactive and extremely focused. The enviroment gives you the ability to be as creative as you want. It's definitely a work hard play hard mentality, so if you aren't up for putting in long hours to benefit your career and grow the company in the right direction, it might not be the best fit for you.

BUT, if you're driven, passionate, and want to do the best work of your life, Lightspeed's the place to be!
Pros
Amazing benefits - fully paid insurance, free transit, stock options, snacks, fitness benefit
Cons
you work longer hours than the typical "punch in punch out" environment, so if you don't have the motivation to work hard, you won't make it here
Great Place to Work
It is a great place to work! It has a positive environment and is a growing company. I enjoy working here!
Fun, fast-place work environment
LightSpeed is a great company to work for - the culture is amazing, and you can expect to consider your colleagues your friends