Lighthouse Supported Living Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you want to make a difference
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 March 2019
Worked at The Lighthouse for a few years. It’s a very rewarding place to work. It has its challenges too, but the managers and staff care about clients and are always trying to improve.

Salary isn’t the highest as it’s a non-profit, but most people don’t work there for the money, you work there because you care. They’ve expanded a lot in recent years, with more programs on-site, and have been trying to improve processes too.

It was a great place to work, and I’d recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great clients and co-workers; a staff meal plan; access to free parking
Cons
Lower salaries than some organizations with similar positions
Terrible place - unless you belong to the Saskatoon Christian Centre (Mile 2 Church)
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 July 2018
Top management doesn’t believe in Indigenous Culture, safety is low priority and the top management needs to be removed for this to be an “ok” place to work.
productive and fun place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 March 2018
I volunteered at the lighthouse on two different occasions and I enjoyed both. The volunteer coordinator was very nice and the rest of the staff and tenants were always pleasant.
Pros
good staff.
Cons
short hours.
good place to work
Mobile Outreach and Addictions Worker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 March 2015
The Lighthouse recently expanded and I'm just not a fit anymore. Learned a lot. The co workers were great, but the hardest part was watching everyone pass me after I put in the most time there. I feel like I was used.
Pros
staff, and clients
Cons
You are just another number now
A day in the life
Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 October 2014
- Being present for the clients if they need someone to speak to. I learned a lot from the manager I work under as he is very well educated. The hardest part of my job is when we have to evict someone from the program for non compliance. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see a client move out into independence and they come back to share there success with me.
Pros
Constant interaction
Cons
lack of communication