Liftow Limited
Coronavirus update

Liftow Limited Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Detailed and very professional
Co employees were very helpful and friendly to work with.

My Manager's door was always open to discuss and issues that may surface day to day. The training program was very detailed.
Well managed and friendly atmosphere.
Everyone works together as a team player. Was a pleasure to work there. Would recommend a job placement there to anyone.
To be honest I really enjoyed the first three months of my job until my branch manger was "promoted" to a different position and they brought a manager in that was all about doing body work on forklifts to "keep the money within the branch" with a shop that isn't fit for sanding or painting. Bottom line you better like painting and body work as much as mechanical work.
Everything is adhoc, no planning, no meetings, just react to fires all day long, While there is more or less management, there are no managers within the facility. Previous manager replaced (but still there??) new manager just a mechanic who moved up to fill the void. A lot of politics to say the least due to this. Office manager is just someone who's been there 25 years and doesn't see a need to share information or communicate any relevant daily expectations. The status quo in the Kitchener office is to rob Peter to pay Paul to meet customer expectations, extremely difficult environment to say the least.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Management, office politics, backstabbing
The office setting is pretty typical except that jobs aren't properly curated by the management. At any given time you will be asked to cover for other departments and do jobs that you haven't been trained for that aren't in your field. If you ask management politely to review the tasks given to you because they've given you too much from too many different departments they will fire you.
Pros
Great Office Staff
Cons
Terrible management
The past few years have seen progressive changes in the company. As Liftow expands through acquisition and new business initiatives, more and more people are added to the team. It is good to see that employees are rising from the ranks. Management has the tendency to hire from within as much as possible. This provides career advancement opportunities for everyone which is great!
Pros
Managers have heart. Free barbecues in the summer.
I work very hard to get my work done, I always work with safety to ensure that my co workers are safe, I always listen to my supervisor and follow his lead,
Pros
If any
Cons
I work anytime
The company seems to have a very good system in place, with a management team that seem to get along and work well together, reflecting a very good culture within its employees.
Established company. OEM mentality and work flow is tedious. Takes too long to get items accomplished. too many processes.
Management not willing to listen to employees
Pros
freedom
Cons
poor management, salaries
Fun place to work, treated well by my boss.
Very busy and fast paced, I enjoyed my time with Liftow Limited

Got along well with my co workers, and we all enjoyed working there.

Large customer base who were like family to me.

Large vendor base who were also like family to me
I think this a great company to work for, management and co workers are fantastic people. Not a lot of growth opportunity as most people stay there long term so you have to wait until someone retires for a seniority position to open up.
Family life is not given enough understanding.
Very cliquey environment, new people are not treated warmly.

A lot of turnover because of that.

Time off is discouraged. Do not take time of with a sick child or family member.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else - Not a friendly environment