Lifetouch

Lifetouch Management reviews

Canada114 reviews
A lovely place to work, but workers deserve to be paid better for the amount of work they do and for the wear and tear on their own personal vehicles. Benefits are VERY hard to qualify for. Always contract work. It's a fast paced and optimistic environment, lots of emotional (customer service) and physical strain while also using your own car for transport of things. A classic school day job (7-3ish), great people make the job because the create a sense of community you can relate to. Great management.
Although the travelling can be somewhat stressful, the work itself is quite enjoyable. You are recognized for a job well done, and the communication between employee and management is always open.
Pros
Hours can be flexible at times.
Cons
Travel can be stressful.
I loved working at lifetouch , management was amazing and always ensured you had the tools needed to be successful the overall work environment was amazing

They are very team oriented
I love working here, Management is so kind and helpful, co-workers are fun to work with and you work with someone new almost every day. The put a lot of faith and trust in you to do the job right and finish on time. It's fast pass and can be stressful but so rewarding.
Pros
Great staff and Management
Cons
Can be a lot of work if you aren't prepared
Almost predatory in how they're set up to take advantage of young people. No advancement unless someone dies, absolute terrible pay. And you need a car which they don't fully cover. Most of the pay goes just towords the car and the big gear damges the interior. Not to mention you have to deal with miserable teachers who hate their job and want to take it out on someone.
Was a very good working enviroment, friendly people, fast paced. overall a great workspace. good hours, need good time management skills. casual dress, proper shoes is the attire.
This job comes with a lot of repetitiveness, and working with kids of all ages. It requires some strength/stamina, for hauling, loading/unloading, and set up/take down of equipment.
Furthermore, it requires a lot of patience working with the kids. My biggest struggle was the teenagers. Some are fine but I ran into so many aggravating issues with some of the older kids.

You are required to rate a selection of your photos weekly (based on pose, attention to detail, genuine smile, etc), so when you get a lot of difficult people that refuse to cooperate and would rather waste time and give you bad poses or goof off, it isn't fun to have those photos come up for review.
All the management sees is the quality of the photo, not the struggles you faced with the individual.
I know people that really enjoyed working there but, even after 7 years of working with children (plus more volunteer work for many years before that) I still found I wasn't cut out for the frustration that can arise from kids like that.

The little ones also can sometimes urinate or throw up (usually out of nervousness or too shy to speak up), so be sure you can handle that if it should happen to you.

The training was good, helpful, and the management is kind and supportive but overall I personally would not like to work there again. It all depends what kind of patience and stomach you have for things of this nature.
overall rating is 5, the salary is quite good for a seasonal worker like me,.the job place is so secured,management are all good they are all after the safeness of the employees.
Very friendly and welcoming staff and Management, they make you feel part of a family and are very good at understanding what does and does not work for you. Very fast paced work and a lot of traveling. Attention to detail and precision is key!
I enjoyed very much going into the schools to take the pictures and meeting the students. Equipment was too heavy to carry and pack for me. I travelled a lot, which I enjoyed. Great support from management and sales rep.
Very good company to work for, but I needed more salary for my needs and lifting less weight. Would have been great to receive help in schools, so less lifting.
Management and co workers are supportive and fun to work with. They offer thorough training. The job can be demanding and hectic.
The only downside is the pay. They paid minimum wage when I was working for them.
Pros
Lunches are paid. Co workers and bosses are great people.
Cons
Lots of equipment to transport, haul, set up and dismantle. Seasonal. Pay rate.
The company was so awesome to work for. Management and coworkers were all really nice, friendly and understanding when mistakes were made. They treated you more than just a human being; they treated you as a friend. I bring this up because I worked at a place where they treated me very poorly.

Pay was what I expected for temporary, base-line work and while the job required a lot of physical activity, it wasn't what I would consider difficult or mentally taxing. I often found myself having fun doing the job, and I don't think I ever had a day that I would consider bad.

The hardest part of the job was moving and setting up/taking down my equipment. It's heavy and it takes a while to set up, but it's good physical activity.

Prior to actually getting into the job, I was really worried about having to photograph difficult students (such as those with special needs), but it actually turned out to be rather rewarding, especially when you end up with a brilliant photo of the student.

Working here really opened my eyes to proper portrait photography and I built up a lot of skill in the time I was there. I'd recommend this company to just about anyone.
Pros
Occasional treats from schools and other coworkers, encouraged to have fun on the job
Cons
Very early mornings, occasionally tedious with difficult-to-photograph students
Not a good place to work at all. Very toxic office environment. Favourites were given the best hours/shifts. Too much backstabbing and gossip, poor management.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
toxic office
If you want to work for a couple that pays you thing for the work you do and allows senor photographer bully you. And pick on you then you should work here. If you want to be Respected. And have good hour and money then. Don’t come here. The management here only cares about making money they don’t care about how you are treated and get mad at you when you get sick. This is the worse company ever. And your coworker are rude it like being in high school all over again. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
If you want to hate your life, this job is for you. But don't worry, at Lifetouch they hate you too!

Benefits are non-existent unless you work for at least a year AND 1232 hours/year or 42 weeks/year, which is nearly impossible because it's seasonal work with constant layoffs.

Wages are insanely low. Expected to use your own vehicle and pay business insurance. You are not compensated for this. Mileage is about 32-36 cents/km. Travel time is 10.45/hr, and you'll be lucky if you get 14/hour working wage.

Management is a JOKE. Incompetent. Completely and utterly incompetent. I think they got their degrees out of a cereal box. They're just so laughably pathetic and foolish, it's no wonder the company is failing so much.

Workplace culture is toxic, pure and simple. You're just a number. You're basically told that you're expendable. You are certainly made you feel like you neither matter nor have ever mattered nor will ever matter.

Hardest part of the job is watching the people around you crumble into shells of their former selves, complete with actual breakdowns, tears, stress leaves, and vicious political infighting. There are no opportunities for advancement. They will not provide job descriptions in an effort to force you to take on tasks that you are not being compensated for. The equipment fails constantly. Total overkill - they seriously use a scrim that is about 7 feet tall and 4.5 feet wide for student head shots. They attempt to use expensive equipment to cover up for their lack of professionalism and poor training of photographers and other staff.

There
 - more...
Pros
Cons
Will make you depressed, anxious, and miserable
I enjoyed working at Lifetouch very much. I always enjoyed going to work because photography is my passion. The student's, teachers and staff were very welcoming, and always offered to assist if a younger child wasn't giving the best expression for the photograph.

A typical day at work consisted of arriving at the school 1.5 hrs before school starts, setting up equipment, photographing each student and teacher, going on lunch, then coming back to continue photographing until everyone has been photographed.
Time management is very important, along with professionalism.

The hardest part of the job at first for me was setting up the equipment. But after more practice I finally got it and was able to set up and tear down equipment alone. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was reviewing my photos online, as they looked beautiful. I made sure to always fix the child, or teacher's hair and attire. I always wanted to capture the perfect photo. I hope I did. Thank you Lifetouch for the wonderful job I was lucky enough to have. I enjoyed everyday completely.
Pros
Fun work enviorment, sweet children, kind staff
Cons
Rushing photos, heavy equipment
Great to earn some bucks. You travel a lot so be prepared for that, even all the way to fort mcmurray.
The management staff is great, the coworkers who work as photographers, some of them who have been there for a while, not so great. A lot of gossip amongst them, very judgemental, just like a high school with mean girls pretty much. Their staff turn over is very high and some have even confessed to me they are quitting because of the coworkers and it's a reason why I left too and management staff don't seem to care or do anything about them. I enjoyed the job, not the coworkers.
You do not need photography background to work this job, which has pros and cons to it. Meaning, yes, an easy job to get into, but if you don't know the basic functions of a camera and have a problem, prepare for some people to freak out about it. I'm an actual photographer and know how to work cameras, but not all who work there know anything about them and how to go about fixing an easy problem, it's kind of sad really.......

I enjoyed photographing the students, staff, etc. but prepare for long days for bigger schools. The hours fluctuate depending where you are. You may get half a day, you may get a full day. You must have a car of course.

Overall, I did like working this job but disliked working with the snotty children who were my coworkers. Mind you not all of them were like these people, but a good chunk.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
bad, uneducated in photography co-workers
your not really called photographer but just a clicker because everything is automatically set on cam. this is fast pace and you cannot put more time to make student look good just click and go. the management wants to finish right away so the can pay you less and dont care if the shots are bad you will just do retakes
Pros
fun meeting new people
Cons
you wont get paid with you driving time just gas
not a lot of support from upper management
disorganized within the various branches of the company
call centre not helpful in customer service or troubleshooting
Enjoyed working with the company the management team always made themselves available. Didn't feel their was much room for advancement though. The mileage rate was not enough.
Friendly staffs and co-workers, good place as your first job,
long hours of sitting, great management, Overall good company to work for but the downside is it's a seasonal job.
Pros
Free lunch, pizza
Cons
Repetitive work, Seasonal only and long hours of sitting.