Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Found 86 reviews matching the search See all 2,077 reviews
Super Annoying
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2019
You have to lug the equipment around in your car all of the time. The bags just love to chew up plastic interior so that sucked. Someone is always leaning over your shoulder while you're trying to work and then interrupting you cause they thing you're doing it wrong.
Pros
Cons
They don't pay for gas or maintence so your car just gets wrecked.
Review
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 April 2019
Very good job, including lots of travel.
Managers are awesome to work for.
Some days are long hours(12+)
Majority of the weekends are off days unless traveling somewhere on Sunday.
productive and a fun place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 March 2019
An amazing place to work for people just getting out of high school. The people are fun to work with, and also learned new skills while working their.
Productive and excellent career
Office administrative (Former Employee) –  Winnitoba, MB16 January 2019
I had a great experience such as maintaining records, bookkeeping and scheduling, employment outlook and salary etc. And also I developed skills such as good communication.
Totally awesome company
Seasonal Photographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2019
The company was so awesome to work for. Management and coworkers were all really nice, friendly and understanding when mistakes were made. They treated you more than just a human being; they treated you as a friend. I bring this up because I worked at a place where they treated me very poorly.

Pay was what I expected for temporary, base-line work and while the job required a lot of physical activity, it wasn't what I would consider difficult or mentally taxing. I often found myself having fun doing the job, and I don't think I ever had a day that I would consider bad.

The hardest part of the job was moving and setting up/taking down my equipment. It's heavy and it takes a while to set up, but it's good physical activity.

Prior to actually getting into the job, I was really worried about having to photograph difficult students (such as those with special needs), but it actually turned out to be rather rewarding, especially when you end up with a brilliant photo of the student.

Working here really opened my eyes to proper portrait photography and I built up a lot of skill in the time I was there. I'd recommend this company to just about anyone.
Pros
Occasional treats from schools and other coworkers, encouraged to have fun on the job
Cons
Very early mornings, occasionally tedious with difficult-to-photograph students
customer service winnipeg
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 January 2019
Not a good place to work at all. Very toxic office environment. Favourites were given the best hours/shifts. Too much backstabbing and gossip, poor management.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
toxic office
Worse job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2018
If you want to work for a couple that pays you thing for the work you do and allows senor photographer bully you. And pick on you then you should work here. If you want to be Respected. And have good hour and money then. Don’t come here. The management here only cares about making money they don’t care about how you are treated and get mad at you when you get sick. This is the worse company ever. And your coworker are rude it like being in high school all over again. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Nightmare
Office Clerk and Photographer (Former Employee) –  Canada19 November 2018
If you want to hate your life, this job is for you. But don't worry, at Lifetouch they hate you too!

Benefits are non-existent unless you work for at least a year AND 1232 hours/year or 42 weeks/year, which is nearly impossible because it's seasonal work with constant layoffs.

Wages are insanely low. Expected to use your own vehicle and pay business insurance. You are not compensated for this. Mileage is about 32-36 cents/km. Travel time is 10.45/hr, and you'll be lucky if you get 14/hour working wage.

Management is a JOKE. Incompetent. Completely and utterly incompetent. I think they got their degrees out of a cereal box. They're just so laughably pathetic and foolish, it's no wonder the company is failing so much.

Workplace culture is toxic, pure and simple. You're just a number. You're basically told that you're expendable. You are certainly made you feel like you neither matter nor have ever mattered nor will ever matter.

Hardest part of the job is watching the people around you crumble into shells of their former selves, complete with actual breakdowns, tears, stress leaves, and vicious political infighting. There are no opportunities for advancement. They will not provide job descriptions in an effort to force you to take on tasks that you are not being compensated for. The equipment fails constantly. Total overkill - they seriously use a scrim that is about 7 feet tall and 4.5 feet wide for student head shots. They attempt to use expensive equipment to cover up for their lack of professionalism and poor training of photographers and other staff.

There
  more... are no pros to this place. Just don't. You're worth so much more than this. You're not just a number. You're a person. You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. Lifetouch will not provide you with that. Don't do this to yourself. Run away. These people are evil.  less
Pros
Cons
Will make you depressed, anxious, and miserable
very physical
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 October 2018
the job is very physical and a lot to learn. the team is friendly enough there were not a lot of perks to the job and the job is only seasonal. it was a great way to learn about photography but just not the job for me.
No life permitted. Work only
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 August 2018
I was fired when I took a meal break after working 6 hours straight without even a bathroom break. I was told that I was "not a good fit". Lifetouch hires for three month "seasons" to circumvent labour laws. I do not recommend this company at all.
Pros
Cons
Early mornings. No breaks. Lousy pay.
Fun, growth promoting place to work
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2018
I enjoyed working at Lifetouch very much. I always enjoyed going to work because photography is my passion. The student's, teachers and staff were very welcoming, and always offered to assist if a younger child wasn't giving the best expression for the photograph.

A typical day at work consisted of arriving at the school 1.5 hrs before school starts, setting up equipment, photographing each student and teacher, going on lunch, then coming back to continue photographing until everyone has been photographed. Time management is very important, along with professionalism.

The hardest part of the job at first for me was setting up the equipment. But after more practice I finally got it and was able to set up and tear down equipment alone. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was reviewing my photos online, as they looked beautiful. I made sure to always fix the child, or teacher's hair and attire. I always wanted to capture the perfect photo. I hope I did. Thank you Lifetouch for the wonderful job I was lucky enough to have. I enjoyed everyday completely.
Pros
Fun work enviorment, sweet children, kind staff
Cons
Rushing photos, heavy equipment
Busy place, great atmosphere
Reception (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 August 2018
I absolutely loved being a part of the Lifetouch team. The atmosphere was always energetic. I learned a ton about professionalism and customer service. The hardest part was most likely dealing with difficult customers from time to time. It didn`t happen often though. The most enjoyable part of my job was staying organized and finishing my tasks.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Getting sent home early from time to time
Great place
CONTRACT PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2018
Great place to work and great people to work for. Fast paced and a good learning curve. Loved all the travelling involved. Hard on your vehicle though
easy job even if you're not a photographer
photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2018
Great to earn some bucks. You travel a lot so be prepared for that, even all the way to fort mcmurray.
The management staff is great, the coworkers who work as photographers, some of them who have been there for a while, not so great. A lot of gossip amongst them, very judgemental, just like a high school with mean girls pretty much. Their staff turn over is very high and some have even confessed to me they are quitting because of the coworkers and it's a reason why I left too and management staff don't seem to care or do anything about them. I enjoyed the job, not the coworkers.
You do not need photography background to work this job, which has pros and cons to it. Meaning, yes, an easy job to get into, but if you don't know the basic functions of a camera and have a problem, prepare for some people to freak out about it. I'm an actual photographer and know how to work cameras, but not all who work there know anything about them and how to go about fixing an easy problem, it's kind of sad really.......
I enjoyed photographing the students, staff, etc. but prepare for long days for bigger schools. The hours fluctuate depending where you are. You may get half a day, you may get a full day. You must have a car of course.

Overall, I did like working this job but disliked working with the snotty children who were my coworkers. Mind you not all of them were like these people, but a good chunk.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
bad, uneducated in photography co-workers
productive,
BRT technician (Former Employee) –  Inkster Industrial Park, MB28 June 2018
I like to work in Life touch the only thing is it is a seasonal workplace.The personnel and workers are nice and good camaraderies.they have intensives and prioritized old timer.
good seasonal job for summer
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 May 2018
It's a good experience.
I learned how to manage my time efficiently especially whenever I get outside the city shifts.
The hardest part of the job is having to do the job on your own because of understaff.
A Wonderful Learning Experience
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 April 2018
The company provides very thourough training and makes sure you're confident before you start in a school. They even discuss many different scenarios so you know what to expect.

It's lots of fun travelling to different schools and getting to interact with many different people. Some schools were more difficult than others, but overall I enjoyed it all. Weekly meetings ensured everyone was constantly improving, with lots of feedback and advice.

Depending on your city, you travel a LOT so you need to be prepared for that.

Overall, I had a wonderful experience and I would recommend this job to anyone who likes working with kids and different individuals.
Pros
No working weekends or evenings, Great pay, Great co-workers
Cons
Lots of travel, Very physically demanding (can have days with no chance to sit down)
tiring
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 March 2018
your not really called photographer but just a clicker because everything is automatically set on cam. this is fast pace and you cannot put more time to make student look good just click and go. the management wants to finish right away so the can pay you less and dont care if the shots are bad you will just do retakes
Pros
fun meeting new people
Cons
you wont get paid with you driving time just gas
not the happiest place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 March 2018
not a lot of support from upper management
disorganized within the various branches of the company
call centre not helpful in customer service or troubleshooting
Enjoyed the work
Lead Photographer Chatham office (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 March 2018
I enjoyed being able to work in different locations on a daily basis, also working with different children.
Team building , working alone or in a team atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.