Lifetouch

Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Canada113 reviews
good place to work!
the staff are great to work work with, never have to worry about your work if you have a problem they work with you to help you. Great withe home and work schedule.
Great place
This is a great company and the people who work there are even better. They train you on the equipment and the process of how they would like the jibe done.
Great environment, lacking value in employees financially
A lovely place to work, but workers deserve to be paid better for the amount of work they do and for the wear and tear on their own personal vehicles. Benefits are VERY hard to qualify for. Always contract work. It's a fast paced and optimistic environment, lots of emotional (customer service) and physical strain while also using your own car for transport of things. A classic school day job (7-3ish), great people make the job because the create a sense of community you can relate to. Great management.
Best place I’ve worked
I loved working at lifetouch , management was amazing and always ensured you had the tools needed to be successful the overall work environment was amazing

They are very team oriented
Best place I've ever worked
I love working here, Management is so kind and helpful, co-workers are fun to work with and you work with someone new almost every day. The put a lot of faith and trust in you to do the job right and finish on time. It's fast pass and can be stressful but so rewarding.
Pros
Great staff and Management
Cons
Can be a lot of work if you aren't prepared
Terrible
Almost predatory in how they're set up to take advantage of young people. No advancement unless someone dies, absolute terrible pay. And you need a car which they don't fully cover. Most of the pay goes just towords the car and the big gear damges the interior. Not to mention you have to deal with miserable teachers who hate their job and want to take it out on someone.
Production work at lifetouch
Was a very good working enviroment, friendly people, fast paced. overall a great workspace. good hours, need good time management skills. casual dress, proper shoes is the attire.
10/10 would NOT recommend!!!!
Go to office load kit,Be at school for 7am,Set up,Calibrate, Photograph, Take down, Drive 4 hours home, I learned not to trust my boss. And how much they don’t care about staff
Pros
Loa, $10 to Starbucks
Cons
Only seasonal work no room to advance, Loa minimum requirement, No sick days, They don’t take enough tax off, They say they care but constantly puts staff in dangerous situations
Fantastic fast paced workplace!
I loved the fact that I was always on the go with this company. Traveling across Northern Alberta from school to school was SO much fun! I would recommend this job to anyone who liked photography or just wanted to try something new.
Wasn't for me.
This job comes with a lot of repetitiveness, and working with kids of all ages. It requires some strength/stamina, for hauling, loading/unloading, and set up/take down of equipment.
Furthermore, it requires a lot of patience working with the kids. My biggest struggle was the teenagers. Some are fine but I ran into so many aggravating issues with some of the older kids.

You are required to rate a selection of your photos weekly (based on pose, attention to detail, genuine smile, etc), so when you get a lot of difficult people that refuse to cooperate and would rather waste time and give you bad poses or goof off, it isn't fun to have those photos come up for review. All the management sees is the quality of the photo, not the struggles you faced with the individual.

I know people that really enjoyed working there but, even after 7 years of working with children (plus more volunteer work for many years before that) I still found I wasn't cut out for the frustration that can arise from kids like that.

The little ones also can sometimes urinate or throw up (usually out of nervousness or too shy to speak up), so be sure you can handle that if it should happen to you.

The training was good, helpful, and the management is kind and supportive but overall I personally would not like to work there again. It all depends what kind of patience and stomach you have for things of this nature.
happy workplace
overall rating is 5, the salary is quite good for a seasonal worker like me,.the job place is so secured,management are all good they are all after the safeness of the employees.
Excellent Work Place
I was looking for a change and ended up at Lifetouch, the people are all very friendly and approcable. Training provided and veteran photographers are amazing with helping. Wages are not that great, time off depends on if you are doing graduate photos. Summers off mostly unless asked to do sports teams. Overall good place.
Productive and happy workplace
Productive and happy working environment. A very appreciative members of the department when something is being accomplished or outputed with high standards.
A fun work if you are ok with kids
Because of the previous lead photographer, work environment was really good. He provided great supports to all photographers when they faced difficulties at the beginning. When everyone gets use to the pace and skills, work is quite easy with some stressful moments. The salary isn't high enough to be a full time job but it's good to be a side job for extra income in a period of time.
Fun workplace
LIfetouch is a fun place to work with very supportive managment. There is very intense training on the equipment, friendly contests to help you improve from week to week,
Working for Lifetouch gave me the chance of turning a hobby into a job in healthy work environment.
Lifetouch gave me the opportunity to expand my photography abilities. Throughout the time I’ve worked there I learned a little about sales and how personal performance can affect others. There were many benefits with working with this company such as traveling, working with a team, a healthy work environment, and a chance for new learning experiences. Lifetouch was a fun place to work and gave a chance to greet many great people.
Excellent work evironment
Very friendly and welcoming staff and Management, they make you feel part of a family and are very good at understanding what does and does not work for you. Very fast paced work and a lot of traveling. Attention to detail and precision is key!
job
its fun to work taking pictures every day but the fact that its only temporary is not fun at all i would rather have a perment full time job so i feel secure
Best company to work
I really enjoyed to work over there. The staffs and colleagues were very helpful and supportive. They always tried to teach me new techniques in order to complete my job faster and accurately.
Fun workplace
I loved the creative touch of photographing students. The trainers are great people. The manager easy to talk with and supportive. The socials rocked too.
Pros
customer service
Cons
early mornings
Seasonal
Hire only seasonal workers and when job openings come up never qualify cause they lay you off after 3 months of work a year, you dont get a raise and no date of how long you are gonna be working there. It's on a day to day bases.