Lifetimes on Riverside

Lifetimes on Riverside Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
No job security currently cutting hours in other departments. Very unorganized. The culture of this facility is very negative. Micro managed. Two sets of rules, one for management and one for staff. Work load is unrealistic. Duties are increased but no hours are added to accommodate the increased work load. Staff is very unhappy.
Pros
Cons
Not a positive work environment which causes stress and animosity
The most important thing that is always a priority is that resident care is always at the forefront and is the main focus of staff. All levels of staff constantly go above and beyond to ensure the residents are engaged in meaningful programs, are happy with the care they receive and are encouraged to maintain their lifestyle the way they want to.

Management ensures open and constant communication between all departments, are open to new ideas to continue to improve and work hard to ensure staff are shown appreciation for their hard work.

Residents are always happy and smiling and have great relationships with one another but also with the staff. They are encouraged to participate where they can and play an active role in making decisions within the home.

The programs are meaningful, innovative and exciting on a daily basis while avoiding the typical routine that is often easy to slip into. Residents help to collaborate on calendar ideas and seem to look forward to the special events planned on a monthly basis.

LTOR has really grown as a 'family' and the care that staff provide is a true testament to this.
Pros
Great teamwork and a happy environment to work in.
Cons
Pay is lower than other places.
The staff and managers work as a team to create a caring environment for residents. This past year Lifetimes was awarded the Making Every Moment Matter award that is a reflection of the excellent care provided by our dedicated staff in all departments at all levels.

We are known in the community for our high level of care and for going above and beyond to ensure our residents live each day to the fullest.

Hardest part of the job is saying good bye to residents who become like family. The most rewarding and enjoyable part is knowing that no matter how long a resident is with us, they are given opportunities for positive social interaction through different activities and community outreach. Many who come here and were isolated at home find a new lease on life and thrive.
I am currently an employee at Lifetimes on Riverside. Not perfect BUT. Management genuinely wants everyone to succeed and really cares about residents and staff.
We are treated well. I am very happy with my choice to come here
Cons
Pay is not great
I’d of given this place negative stars if possible. Don’t waste your time with this place. Management are two faced and have no idea what they’re doing. Over worked and underpaid. Only decent part of working there are the residents.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about the place.
It is a very clean, friendly place to work. I wanted to stay longer but unfortunately I had to move far away. Co-workers are amazing and management was great.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Crazy busy most of the time
Some of the managers are great but overworked. The upper management is unorganized and not to be trusted. Most of the staff are great with the residents and provide good care.
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Upper management
Management does not have respect for their stuff. Use and abuse attitudes. Your better off working at Tim Hortons
Better job security. As soon as your near your hours to be apart of the union they find a way to say good bye.

I feel bad for the residents there.
This place is a dump in a terrible neighborhood, aleays getting robbed by sketchy crackheads. Staff is full of sociopaths and people who are just plain brutal to work with. Never have I ever had such an unenjoyabke work experience. Run far away from this dump.
Pros
Cons
Pay is below average, co-workers are terrible, management is incompetent
It is a privately owned company with limited funds. Not a quick reaction to market conditions. Tended to micromanage which caused a lot of turnover in management.
The staff and residents are amazing. The care provided from staff is exceptional. Everyone is always smiling and happy to be there.