Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2018
Would not go near them. For a company that sells healing and support you would think they would extend that to employees. The management staff is less than supportive and welcoming.
20 April 2018

It is disappointing when expectations are not met; this is not the typical clinical experience with Lifemark. Your experience does not reflect Lifemark’s greater core values. Thank you for the time you did spend with us, we wish you all the best with the next steps in your career.

Small clinic, very friendly and caring.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB30 March 2018
A typical work day was productive, always something to do.
Only one receptionist working at the front, teaches you self discipline and time management. Regular health and safety checks, corporate check in's, and monthly manager meetings. You become a work family. Always being shown appreciation like administrative appreciation day, birthdays, and yearly anniversaries. Hardest part about working here was covering 14 shifts if someone was sick, which was almost never. Honestly a very welcoming, fun clinic. Loved getting to know the regular patients and developing a professional relationship with them.
20 April 2018

We appreciate the snapshot you gave into your day to day in Stony Plain, thank you for the time you spent with Lifemark!

Culture and team work a strong focus
physiotherapsit (Current Employee) –  Calgary23 March 2018
work in great teams, multiple services and professionals including kinesiologists, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, psychologists and physicians all working together to help out clients. The services provided are not focused on in schooling so there is a lot of training and support. Upper management is focused on overall quality, staff development and customer service. Corporate supports clinic culture with multiple events, new letters, and national competitions to bring the company together.
Pros
training, culture, team atmosphere, focus on quality
Cons
a lot of training before able to master the services
20 April 2018

We want our staff to thrive and succeed in their chosen specializations, and training is a key facet of our multidisciplinary clinics. Thank you for your positive review!

Fun and exciting workplace!
Kinesiologist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 March 2018
I've been with Lifemark for about 8 months now, and everything has been awesome so far. Everyone in the workplace gets along very well and makes the work environment very fun and exciting. We are able to bounce ideas off each other and exchange knowledge from one therapist to another, from PTs to OTs to KINs. Everyone is very well respected, regardless of your experience level. It's a great place to learn and expand your knowledge base, whether you're a recent grad or have been in the industry for several years.

Management has been great, good communication and clear ideals on what is required to perform well. They really take the "We Have Fun" motive to heart and encourage social events in our clinic. Next week management is even taking us all out for dinner. Renovations are soon to come as well since we are growing as a clinic. I'm excited to see where this company will be in a couple years.
Pros
Fun workplace environment, knowledgeable therapists, and open communication with employees and management.
Cons
None.
20 April 2018

You’re right, having fun is serious business! We are elated to share in your excitement for where Lifemark is headed. Cheers!

Great team atmosphere, supportive management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I have been a therapist with Lifemark for over 10 years and love working in such a collaborative team environment. The company supports and encourages ongoing education and has been supportive in allowing changes in my work schedule. I am lucky to work with such a fun group of coworkers and feel good about the quality of service we are able to provide. I also like how we are able to collaborate with other clinics in the province and access clinicians who are experts in their respective areas.
Pros
team environment, supportive management
Cons
some difficult clients
23 March 2018

A collaborative approach is something we highly value, thank you for writing your thoughts! Having a trusted professional network is a great asset that helps our staff evolve in their careers.

Supportive and inclusive environment that treats EVERYONE as part of the Lifemark family!
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
Lifemark Health in Grande Prairie is a supportive and inclusive environment to be a part of - you are treated as part of the Lifemark family. The most enjoyable part of the job is our clients - they are challenging and also rewarding to work with. The management team is understanding, influential and promotes a work-life balance. We strive toward always bettering ourselves, both on personal and professional levels - which also effects how we are able to better services for our clients.
23 March 2018

It sounds like your management team is doing a great job! A work-life balance is so important - you have to take care of yourself in order to fully take care of your clients.

Great work environment, rewarding, and LOTS of treats :)
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
Lifemark has such a great work environment in regards to the staff, the people you work with on a daily basis are AMAZING! As Lifemark is open from 8-7 each day, there is flexibility in hours. Learning opportunities occur on a daily basis with the work environment; as there is opportunity to move/advance into different positions and Lifemark is focused on professional development. With working in the health care field the hardest part of the position is working with clients who do not want to be there, but the most rewarding is when those clients end up changing their perspective for the best.
Pros
Fellow staff members, flexible hours, and advancements
Cons
Salary (depending on your role)
23 March 2018

It is so great that you are able to help our clients get back to life! We appreciate the care you provide and the impact you have on your community.

Senior Customer Service Represenative
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 March 2018
I have worked for Lifemark now for almost 3 years. Here is generally what a typical day looks like from the administrative perspective:
Answering phone calls, which can include booking patients, answering questions about the services/programs we offer, reschedule appointments, as well as confirming the times.
Booking patients for different programs. We offer in our clinic several different programs, and there are different ways that patients are scheduled, based on their program, the type of service they are receiving as well as the needs of the patient.
Faxing, filing, making sure paperwork is completed by patients correctly.
Greeting and interacting with patients at the front end.
I have the best management team I could ask for. They are helpful, and caring and understanding, and always encouraging you to grow and learn new things.

The most enjoyable part of the job is We Have Fun! Our clinic we all get along really well, and there is always a positive attitude. As well the company provides little challenges throughout the year to encourage healthy competition. We recently competed in a Winter Olympics challenge. Over 2 weeks we were given 5 challenges to participate in. Our clinic had a lot of fun with this activity. We had pick a team captain. We also had to take a bunch of pictures doing the following things, Hosting a Sporting competition, a new sport, and a champion's feast. The competition was a lot of fun to participate in, we had a lot of laughs posing for the photos.
Pros
We have fun, opportunities to grown, Free Lifemark Swag, Benefits at 30 hours a week, quarterly reviews about how you are doing. Some flexibility with hours.
Cons
You do have to work late hours sometimes, Not every customer is friendly.
23 March 2018

What a comprehensive review of your role! Thank you for highlighting some of the fun activities that happen behind the scenes at Lifemark.

Area Admin Love my job!
Area Admin (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2018
I have worked at Lifemark going on 6 years. The teams I have worked with and my Supervisors have made going to work productive, challenging and fun. In the past 15 months I have sped forward from Office Manager to Area Admin with 4 clinics. The support, respect and acknowledgement I have received has made my career a happy and positive experience. I have grown so much in my career. The Leadership meetings and conferences are a great way to learn and connect. The people I work with are fabulous! The work/life balance has made it possible to do what I love but also be there for my family. The company is really focused on supporting staff and being successful in its new challenges and growth; I'm excited to be on this road with them. With change and growth there are always hiccups and the company as a whole are working together to work through these growing pains.
Pros
work/life balance, movies passes on your birthday, staff incentives
23 March 2018

Having fun is one of our core values and it is great to see this in your experience with Lifemark. Thank you for sharing!

The people make the job!
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oakville12 March 2018
I am so lucky to be a part of the Lifemark family. I think they really do take the time to hire the right kinds of people. The Lifemark team makes me feel like I belong and I have felt welcome here since day one. Whenever I have questions or need support, I am offered help without question!
Pros
Good compensation, great people, every day is different!
Cons
Sometimes you need to be flexible with your hours, but I don't know if this is really a true con!
23 March 2018

We are lucky to have you! We hope that all of our employees feel the same sense of belonging. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Great Work Environment & Great Atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  HazelWood Surrey, BC10 March 2018
I have been working for LifeMark company for the last 10 years. The work environment is always uplifting motivates the staff and my self to work harder. From the director to HR to vp and beyond I can truly say that they're all approachable and are willing to help. There are many opportunities to grow here at Lifemark.
Pros
great work environment, great staff, caring atmosphere, supportive management, and flexible schedules for clients
23 March 2018

Thank you for the time you have devoted to Lifemark and we appreciate the insight you have provided. The fulfillment you have in your role is evident from your investment in the company!

Great culture and supportive environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2018
Lifemark is a company that excels in providing the "intangibles", with excellent clinic culture of fun, great coworkers, and personal growth. Management is extremely supportive in whatever you need and always strives to first support you as a person, and then as an employee. I have appreciated the support from staff and management over the past few years and believe that the intangibles are what make Lifemark an excellent company to work with.
Pros
Culture, Coworkers, Inter-clinic connections, Supportive and Caring Mangement
Cons
Raise/Compensation Process, High Staff Turnover, Poor Growth Infrastructure
23 March 2018

This is excellent feedback for us to take in. The intangibles you mentioned are an important part of the “Lifemark vibe”, and people like you contribute to our awesome culture!

Welcoming workplace with amazing relationships between all levels of employees
Medical Coordinator/Kinesiologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2018
I absolutely love working at Lifemark. The culture they've created is so wonderful. I have made so many good relationships with my coworkers and management. I feel like we are all a family. There is also ample room to grow and tons of opportunities to move up within the company. Management at Lifemark is very open and willing to help you progress your career. The people at Lifemark will support you to ensure you are successful in your role.
Pros
Workplace culture, room for advancement
Cons
Opportunities for salary increases
23 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad to see you feel so supported within your clinic.

Very supportive work environment
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
In my last couple years with Lifemark there has been a palpable shift in workplace culture. I feel more supported now than I ever have in terms of training, management and opportunity. It's a very inclusive environment that allows me to have fun and enjoy activities with my coworkers while also supporting me to increase my professional skills and personal growth.

I've worked in many different roles throughout my career with Lifemark - each of which has taught me something new about myself.
Pros
Excellent co-workers, Pot lucks, social activities, benefits
9 March 2018

We are so happy that our values are making a difference in your day to day. We hope that a positive working environment ultimately contributes to a great client experience! Food brings people together, keep those potlucks coming!

Great company as an entry-level physiotherapist
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Alberta2 March 2018
Excellent company to work for as a new physiotherapy grad, competitive wages, good benefits, adequate continuing education funds, and flexibility to manage my own time/schedule. Workplace culture will vary clinic to clinic but I am fortunate to work with a fantastic group that have quickly become my friends.
Pros
Flexible scheduling/independence
Cons
"Raises" barely keep up with inflation
9 March 2018

Great to hear - we are proud to hire new graduates who bring a fresh outlook and are eager to grow within the company. Each clinic has a unique personality, but all of our clinics maintain the same values and guiding principles. The competitive wages you mentioned are aligned with career progression, performance, and specialty training.

Fun place to work with opportunity for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Lifemark has been a pillar in the rehab community for 20 years due to their focus on clinical excellence, customer experience and employee engagement. There are many opportunities to grow within the company for those that are looking for a fun, challenging but rewarding job experience with a great team.
Pros
respectful workplace, supportive management, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Fast growing company has some infrastructure hicccups
9 March 2018

Thank you for such positive praise. You are right, the company is growing quickly! We are working behind the scenes to support all of our departments in our ever-growing organization.

Great culture with lots of opportunities for growth
Physiotherapist and clinic director (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
I have been with Lifemark for almost 2 decades. My career has been rewarding and enjoyable! Throughout the years I have been given opportunities for growth and professional development and I feel that this continues to happen year after year. When challenges arise, I feel that I have been given enough support and coaching from some of the best in the field. Overall, I am very happy working at Lifemark Health!
Pros
quality of service, cont professional develpt, fun workplace
Cons
rate of pay is competitive but not the highest out there
1 March 2018

Almost 20 years is an impressive milestone, congratulations! We are grateful for your tenure and clinical leadership. Your impact on others has directly contributed to the success of Lifemark within the Calgary area.

Lifemark is such an amazing work place where I want to come daily.
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2018
Great team, management and opportunities to grow. Great mentorship programs.
Company also promotes for further education and provides good allowances. Management always encourages for leadership skills and asks concerns timely.
Cons
No cons.
1 March 2018

Thank you for your positive energy! We hope that you continue to develop your career with Lifemark.

Great work environment for self-management and growth
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2018
A work environment that accommodates to both those early in their careers and seasoned clinicians.
I have found Lifemark supportive of my goals, as they have helped further my practice with funding continuing education. They have also provided me space that gives me autonomy in how I manage my caseload; a huge perk.
Pros
Autonomy/ self-management, education funding, benefits, national partnerships
Cons
High turn-over rate of employees
1 March 2018

Your feedback is highly appreciated! Lifemark strives to give clinicians independence with their caseloads. We will continue to support our team members through each stage of their career with ongoing professional development, and advancement opportunities.

Best company for physiotherapists to work
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2018
Great place to work, lot of encouragement and support from my manager. I love the mentorship program. The clinic that I work in is very staff oriented and friendly. Some of my colleges are now my best friends
Pros
Staff friendly culture
Cons
Lots of stats
1 March 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review! A positive team culture makes all the difference, and we are happy you are a part of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.