Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Not Great
Administration (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2018
I have a few great co-workers, and I used to really like coming to work. The work load isn't horrible - sometimes gets overwhelming, but that's normal.

However, there is poor guidance from management, and a lot of "favouritism" - treats other staff better. There has been a lot of drama/unfairness. There is little value in employees.
The wages are horrible, with little/no opportunity for raises. I had asked for one for my one year, and I feel like they just told me it would be possible to get me off of their back.
The employee hours are unflexible/management is very controlling, like leaving early, etc. It's also difficult to get holiday time, due to little staffing, and the unwillingness to find floaters/other staff to cover.

Overall, it's been a pretty poor work environment, especially lately. And some staff are passive aggressive, or take such trivial issues to managers and get other staff in trouble when it's either not an issue, or just a small mistake.

If you have a good work ethic, are wanting to excel in your work, and care about where you are, I don't suggest working here. You'll feel emotionally drained.
Pros
Some nice co workers, pretty easy work, benefits are good.
Cons
Everything else isn't that great.
Enjoy working here, but compensation is terrible.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 May 2018
Been with Lifemark through many changes, and the one thing that has not changed is the wage - paid minimum wage, and they require you to have a two year college diploma. The responsibilities of this job keep growing, but the hours and pay don't increase. Only positive is that after 30 hours/week, you get benefits - but that's about it.

I enjoy the team I work with, and what I do - otherwise this job wouldn't be worth the pay.

Hospitals and county run nursing homes are able to pay their physiotherapy assistant employees $21-27/hour - why is there such a gap with Lifemark? Pocketing the money to pay all the big wigs that run the company, instead of fairly paying their assistants.
Pros
The team I work with, benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Unfair pay, no job growth.
Great place to work!
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Lifemark. My manager and the staff were wonderful and I always felt very supported. The company genuinely cares about the well-being of their employees. I always felt that I was able to provide excellent care for my patients while working for this company.
Love the people
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2018
I am pleased with the way everyone (therapist, office staff and management) has the client as the number one concern and wants them to get back to their post injury life routine,
Pros
get to be involved in commuity sports events
Cons
paper work for clients
4 May 2018

Thank you for sharing, meeting the needs of our clients is our priority. Lifemark teams across the country are focused on getting people back to healthy living!

Made a move 5 years ago and never looked back!
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Region25 April 2018
I made the move to Lifemark 5 years ago after working for my previous employer for 10 years. Right from day one I knew that I had made the right decision.
I was instantly welcomed to the team and given opportunities to expand my role within the region and develop other areas of my career that I had not had the freedom to do in the past. The management team in Atlantic Canada is extremely supportive and approachable. I always feel like I have a voice and am encouraged to always give advice and feedback on many different projects that are not directly connected to my profession.
I have the unique opportunity to be able to work in all but one of our Atlantic Region clinics and I can say that although all of the clinics I work at are different (people and culture), they are all extremely welcoming and supportive teams to work with.
I have had the chance to work directly with different managers at our Head Office and have never once felt as though, representing one of the smaller regions of the country, that our concerns or opinions are not taken seriously.
I have been through some changes to the company since starting 5 years ago and through it all I have always felt as though we are moving in positive directions.
My switch to Lifemark has been extremely positive and I would not hesitate to tell anyone who is looking for a job that "You belong here".
27 April 2018

What a wonderful insight into your experience, thank you for sharing! We agree that our Atlantic group is an excellent team that consistently has a positive impact across the region. We look forward to your continued success at Lifemark!

It could be better
Client Service Representative / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
I have enjoyed everyday coming to work because I always bring out the best customer service possible to our Doctors/Assessors and clients. My number one priority is making them feel welcomed and comfortable while visiting our facility. I have been successful so far. I want to continue having this positive effect on people.
27 April 2018

Thank you for keeping client needs a priority. It is great that you are committed to excellent customer service! We would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve - please connect with your HR representative to share your feedback.

Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2018
Would not go near them. For a company that sells healing and support you would think they would extend that to employees. The management staff is less than supportive and welcoming.
20 April 2018

It is disappointing when expectations are not met; this is not the typical clinical experience with Lifemark. Your experience does not reflect Lifemark’s greater core values. Thank you for the time you did spend with us, we wish you all the best with the next steps in your career.

Office Super Woman
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
I've been with Lifemark for 6 years now. I have been able to move up within the company from a pt CSR to a Full time Office Manager.
The benefits are a plus to this job. throughout the years I have learned so much about Physiotherapy and Lifemark. I enjoy working with my management team they are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I find this helps with communicating my concerns and trusting them. My role has many ups and downs but the downs are what challenges me into being a great leader for my team and allows me to learn and grow!
20 April 2018

Office Super Woman is right! Your upwards evolution is great to see for the 6 years that you have been with us. We are so grateful for the time and energy you invest into your clinic and the larger company.

Small clinic, very friendly and caring.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB30 March 2018
A typical work day was productive, always something to do.
Only one receptionist working at the front, teaches you self discipline and time management. Regular health and safety checks, corporate check in's, and monthly manager meetings. You become a work family. Always being shown appreciation like administrative appreciation day, birthdays, and yearly anniversaries. Hardest part about working here was covering 14 shifts if someone was sick, which was almost never. Honestly a very welcoming, fun clinic. Loved getting to know the regular patients and developing a professional relationship with them.
20 April 2018

We appreciate the snapshot you gave into your day to day in Stony Plain, thank you for the time you spent with Lifemark!

Culture and team work a strong focus
physiotherapsit (Current Employee) –  Calgary23 March 2018
work in great teams, multiple services and professionals including kinesiologists, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, psychologists and physicians all working together to help out clients. The services provided are not focused on in schooling so there is a lot of training and support. Upper management is focused on overall quality, staff development and customer service. Corporate supports clinic culture with multiple events, new letters, and national competitions to bring the company together.
Pros
training, culture, team atmosphere, focus on quality
Cons
a lot of training before able to master the services
20 April 2018

We want our staff to thrive and succeed in their chosen specializations, and training is a key facet of our multidisciplinary clinics. Thank you for your positive review!

Fun and exciting workplace!
Kinesiologist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 March 2018
I've been with Lifemark for about 8 months now, and everything has been awesome so far. Everyone in the workplace gets along very well and makes the work environment very fun and exciting. We are able to bounce ideas off each other and exchange knowledge from one therapist to another, from PTs to OTs to KINs. Everyone is very well respected, regardless of your experience level. It's a great place to learn and expand your knowledge base, whether you're a recent grad or have been in the industry for several years.

Management has been great, good communication and clear ideals on what is required to perform well. They really take the "We Have Fun" motive to heart and encourage social events in our clinic. Next week management is even taking us all out for dinner. Renovations are soon to come as well since we are growing as a clinic. I'm excited to see where this company will be in a couple years.
Pros
Fun workplace environment, knowledgeable therapists, and open communication with employees and management.
Cons
None.
20 April 2018

You’re right, having fun is serious business! We are elated to share in your excitement for where Lifemark is headed. Cheers!

Great team atmosphere, supportive management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I have been a therapist with Lifemark for over 10 years and love working in such a collaborative team environment. The company supports and encourages ongoing education and has been supportive in allowing changes in my work schedule. I am lucky to work with such a fun group of coworkers and feel good about the quality of service we are able to provide. I also like how we are able to collaborate with other clinics in the province and access clinicians who are experts in their respective areas.
Pros
team environment, supportive management
Cons
some difficult clients
23 March 2018

A collaborative approach is something we highly value, thank you for writing your thoughts! Having a trusted professional network is a great asset that helps our staff evolve in their careers.

Supportive and inclusive environment that treats EVERYONE as part of the Lifemark family!
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
Lifemark Health in Grande Prairie is a supportive and inclusive environment to be a part of - you are treated as part of the Lifemark family. The most enjoyable part of the job is our clients - they are challenging and also rewarding to work with. The management team is understanding, influential and promotes a work-life balance. We strive toward always bettering ourselves, both on personal and professional levels - which also effects how we are able to better services for our clients.
23 March 2018

It sounds like your management team is doing a great job! A work-life balance is so important - you have to take care of yourself in order to fully take care of your clients.

Great work environment, rewarding, and LOTS of treats :)
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
Lifemark has such a great work environment in regards to the staff, the people you work with on a daily basis are AMAZING! As Lifemark is open from 8-7 each day, there is flexibility in hours. Learning opportunities occur on a daily basis with the work environment; as there is opportunity to move/advance into different positions and Lifemark is focused on professional development. With working in the health care field the hardest part of the position is working with clients who do not want to be there, but the most rewarding is when those clients end up changing their perspective for the best.
Pros
Fellow staff members, flexible hours, and advancements
Cons
Salary (depending on your role)
23 March 2018

It is so great that you are able to help our clients get back to life! We appreciate the care you provide and the impact you have on your community.

Senior Customer Service Represenative
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 March 2018
I have worked for Lifemark now for almost 3 years. Here is generally what a typical day looks like from the administrative perspective:
Answering phone calls, which can include booking patients, answering questions about the services/programs we offer, reschedule appointments, as well as confirming the times.
Booking patients for different programs. We offer in our clinic several different programs, and there are different ways that patients are scheduled, based on their program, the type of service they are receiving as well as the needs of the patient.
Faxing, filing, making sure paperwork is completed by patients correctly.
Greeting and interacting with patients at the front end.
I have the best management team I could ask for. They are helpful, and caring and understanding, and always encouraging you to grow and learn new things.

The most enjoyable part of the job is We Have Fun! Our clinic we all get along really well, and there is always a positive attitude. As well the company provides little challenges throughout the year to encourage healthy competition. We recently competed in a Winter Olympics challenge. Over 2 weeks we were given 5 challenges to participate in. Our clinic had a lot of fun with this activity. We had pick a team captain. We also had to take a bunch of pictures doing the following things, Hosting a Sporting competition, a new sport, and a champion's feast. The competition was a lot of fun to participate in, we had a lot of laughs posing for the photos.
Pros
We have fun, opportunities to grown, Free Lifemark Swag, Benefits at 30 hours a week, quarterly reviews about how you are doing. Some flexibility with hours.
Cons
You do have to work late hours sometimes, Not every customer is friendly.
23 March 2018

What a comprehensive review of your role! Thank you for highlighting some of the fun activities that happen behind the scenes at Lifemark.

Area Admin Love my job!
Area Admin (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2018
I have worked at Lifemark going on 6 years. The teams I have worked with and my Supervisors have made going to work productive, challenging and fun. In the past 15 months I have sped forward from Office Manager to Area Admin with 4 clinics. The support, respect and acknowledgement I have received has made my career a happy and positive experience. I have grown so much in my career. The Leadership meetings and conferences are a great way to learn and connect. The people I work with are fabulous! The work/life balance has made it possible to do what I love but also be there for my family. The company is really focused on supporting staff and being successful in its new challenges and growth; I'm excited to be on this road with them. With change and growth there are always hiccups and the company as a whole are working together to work through these growing pains.
Pros
work/life balance, movies passes on your birthday, staff incentives
23 March 2018

Having fun is one of our core values and it is great to see this in your experience with Lifemark. Thank you for sharing!

The people make the job!
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oakville12 March 2018
I am so lucky to be a part of the Lifemark family. I think they really do take the time to hire the right kinds of people. The Lifemark team makes me feel like I belong and I have felt welcome here since day one. Whenever I have questions or need support, I am offered help without question!
Pros
Good compensation, great people, every day is different!
Cons
Sometimes you need to be flexible with your hours, but I don't know if this is really a true con!
23 March 2018

We are lucky to have you! We hope that all of our employees feel the same sense of belonging. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Great Work Environment & Great Atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  HazelWood Surrey, BC10 March 2018
I have been working for LifeMark company for the last 10 years. The work environment is always uplifting motivates the staff and my self to work harder. From the director to HR to vp and beyond I can truly say that they're all approachable and are willing to help. There are many opportunities to grow here at Lifemark.
Pros
great work environment, great staff, caring atmosphere, supportive management, and flexible schedules for clients
23 March 2018

Thank you for the time you have devoted to Lifemark and we appreciate the insight you have provided. The fulfillment you have in your role is evident from your investment in the company!

Great culture and supportive environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2018
Lifemark is a company that excels in providing the "intangibles", with excellent clinic culture of fun, great coworkers, and personal growth. Management is extremely supportive in whatever you need and always strives to first support you as a person, and then as an employee. I have appreciated the support from staff and management over the past few years and believe that the intangibles are what make Lifemark an excellent company to work with.
Pros
Culture, Coworkers, Inter-clinic connections, Supportive and Caring Mangement
Cons
Raise/Compensation Process, High Staff Turnover, Poor Growth Infrastructure
23 March 2018

This is excellent feedback for us to take in. The intangibles you mentioned are an important part of the “Lifemark vibe”, and people like you contribute to our awesome culture!

Welcoming workplace with amazing relationships between all levels of employees
Medical Coordinator/Kinesiologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2018
I absolutely love working at Lifemark. The culture they've created is so wonderful. I have made so many good relationships with my coworkers and management. I feel like we are all a family. There is also ample room to grow and tons of opportunities to move up within the company. Management at Lifemark is very open and willing to help you progress your career. The people at Lifemark will support you to ensure you are successful in your role.
Pros
Workplace culture, room for advancement
Cons
Opportunities for salary increases
23 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad to see you feel so supported within your clinic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.