Lifemark Health Group
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Excellent augment for RN income and skills

Featured review

Lifemark Health Group selected this as a representative review
Independently running influenza vaccination or workplace wellness clinics is simple, but requires excellent organization and time management skills. Phone support is always available, and there is substantial onboarding/training provided for RN's. Shifts are typically 3-6 hours in length, depending on the needs of the company, and are located all over Southwestern Ontario. I enjoy the ability to work in different cities and towns and networking with new people. Seeing the same clients each year for their workplace wellness initiatives is rewarding, as some individuals implement lifestyle changes after my teaching/counselling, and are happier and healthier. This is a low-stress, good-paying job that enables nurses to augment their income, but could not be a primary source of income. I recommend this company to all my RN friends and colleagues who are looking for "something on the side".

Pros

Flexible shifts; casual work; 24/7 support from admin/management

Cons

No opportunities for advancement; slow wage raises; inconsistent hours

Hidden Admin Fees

As a PT at Lifemark you get a fee-for-service wage which is a lot lower than the wage you get at other private clinics. Then lifemark takes off an 'admin' fee from every one of your billings. These fees aren't in your contract but just deducted off your pay. They amount to thousands of dollars each year that lifemark takes off in these hidden fees. They also increased the cost of our benefits on top of this.So you can make more at other clinics or you can go to the hospital and get better benefits and pension.

Pros

Some great co-workers

Cons

Too little pay

Some of the coworkers make this place a little more tolerable.

There is absolutely nothing resembling job security, and don't expect to be paid much for unnecessarily busting your behind on their behalf. Precisely why they don't list the salary in the job posting as well as the HUNDREDS of responsibilities you will have while working there. They want to be able to lowball you during an interview by asking "what are your salary expectations" instead of HONESTLY STATING how much the job actually pays. I started applying for different jobs after the first 3 weeks of working there. I'm telling you right now, do not bother. This company is not worth your time. When you realize the amount of responsibility you have, and the little you're getting paid in comparison, you'll want to leave as well.Also, do not trust the middle managers at all. They're dishonest lap dogs for their corporate bosses who pretend to have your best interests.

Pros

Free food if it's close to a holiday

Cons

Everything else

Great Work Culture and Extended Benefits

Working at corporate across multiple divisions, was able to build great relationships throughout the country with amazing teams of people. Regular benefits not amazing and no RRSP program, but extended benefits include top up coverage of services received inhouse at Lifemark clinics.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

No retirement plan

High expectations, with no reward

I have found the work load has increased with covid cleaning and other varrious things, but not a the salary to match. It is discouraging to think about staying long term with a company where you do not feel rewarded. There has been I high turn over recently in some locations.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Pay

Opportunity for advancement

Able to move from treating therapist to clinic lead to clinic director. Able to work as part of a collaborative team. Management group have all been treating therapists so understand day to day demands of the job.

Pros

Flexible treatment options.

Cons

limited clinics in area

Very Supportive Team Environment !

I’ve never worked for such a supportive manager who cares so much for their staff. The opportunity to learn was great, especially in being new to the field of disability management. I always felt valued and appreciated. The workload was heavy, but it always made the workday go by quickly. A great experience!

Pros

Very supportive work environment

Cons

COVID really messed up with in-person team opportunities

High Stress and Low morale workplace

The role that was offered to me was not the role I ended up working. As an exercise therapist that was involved with the return to work program, I was constantly being given administrative work to do. Also as the only “hourly” employee, I was tasked with laundry, ordering supplies, covering the front desk, and calling patients to rebook appointments. I was under the impression that I was hired for my prior experience, but I was not paid for my education level, or the experience I brought to the job. I was paid as a customer service representative who also happened to prescribe exercises. There was ample discussion about clinic revenue and it seemed like patient care took a back seat. The physiotherapists were constantly encouraged to pass work off to the kinesiologists or the PTA’s to open up more time for new clients. There was also a heavy reliance on passive modalities and as an exercise therapist I was constantly encouraged to use them instead of motivating the patient to exercise. The benefits were the only real perk of this job. I was overworked, underpaid, and constantly told that “that’s the way it is”. The employees were undervalued and management was worried about the finances of the clinic before the happiness of the employees. I understand that there is a business side of healthcare, but it felt wrong to have that as the driving force behind every decision. When a staff member was yelled at by a client to the point of tears, managements response was to apologize to the client and inform the team member that they mishandled the situation. That was the final straw -

Perfect job but..... Some very important stuff to know

This is a really rewarding job. You really make a difference in people's lives, and you actually enjoy coming to work. The management teams are so nice and understanding. Although, being in school for over 5 years to have a job I love and being tens of thousands of dollars in debt to achieve a job I love is very difficult when you get paid MINIMUM WADGE. Its very insulting for the amount of actual work we do. Being the only PTA makes me work that much harder with nothing to show for. I LOVE THIS JOB although, will have to leave due to not being able to live off of this wadge. very very sad.. this is how a good team looses really good workers

Pros

so much experience, amazing residents, you actually make a difference

Cons

MINIMUM WADGE horrible pay, no vacation pay, no wsib, no extra education provided, no benefits, hard to get time off

Okay work place

okay work environment, working in multiple clinics can be challenging especially when the clinics don't have OT. Also required to drive a lot for home assessments.

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

Too many home assessments

Not what it used to be

Over the years this company has become less about people and more about numbers. It's all about the bottom line now. Pay is abysmal but the benefits are pretty good. I've heard rumours of bonuses but don't know of anyone who actually got one.

Great place to start!

Lifemark offered me an administrative position at their corporate office. The work has been challenging but I received lots of training and there is always someone to reach out to if I seek clarification. Love working here!

Pros

Supportive Environment; Interesting work

Cons

Lots of data entry

"You Belong Here" isn't just a tag line

I can proudly say I work with Lifemark based on how the company puts people first - their teams and their patients. Very ethical in decision making and supportive throughout every day business.

Pros

Serving the public, Culture, Team environment, assistance programs (such as mental health)

A bad company to work for

It is very common to see staff come and go. No one wants to stick around for long because their hard-work, dedication and education are not appreciated. It really sucks to see how high turnover rate effect clients' quality of care (e.g.: clients not receive a certain number of treatments as they normally do, as it may take awhile for a new staff to know the clients, work routines,..). There is nothing we can do about this, because if this company truly care about patients, they would have already done something!

Pros

Learn about healthcare industry. Establish meaningful relationships with clients/co-workers

Cons

Terrible wage, poor benefits

Supportive employers and good culture

Management and supervisors very helpful at making sure you have the tools and support you need to be successful. Can set my own schedule as a community physiotherapist. Paperwork can take awhile to complete but pay is competitive

Pros

Flexible schedule

Avoid

Avoid this company, if you can. I found major problems while working with this company and brought them to the attention of upper management. One of the practitioners was not incompliance with professional regulations and the provincial health professions act. Nothing was done about the issue and the practitioner continues to work in the position. If I could give zero stars, I would !!!!

Pros

Cons

too many to list

Great Company!

I work as an Occupational Therapist in the community for Durham Region and Lifemark/CAR offers competitive pay, flexibility with scheduling, offers support, orientation, and professional development, respects contractors/staff and the position offers an adequate work-life balance. Highly recommend the position for those looking for contact work on a part/full time basis.

Opportunity to grow in team oriented environment

Having worked with this company and its affiliates for more than 20 years I have had the opportunity to grow as a clinician, a leader and a manager. The culture of the clinics promote hard work, dedication to patient care, professionalism and team work. Many of my co-workers (physios, assistants, admin staff) have worked together for more than 10 years, and are truly my work family. As such we have learned to support, trust and motivate each other to achieve our personal and team goals.

Pros

Team atmoshphere, significant education allowance

Demanding job for poor pay

I have worked for this company for close to three years and have never received a raise. Every time I inquire about a raise I am turned down and told the company can't afford it at this time, although I have been working for Lifemark long before the pandemic began and all through the pandemic and am currently still making minimum wage with no opportunity for a pay increase.

Cons

Poor pay

Ample support and resources for clinicians to give good care to patients

I have been working as an independent contractor. My experience with Community Advantage & Rehabilitation has been amazing. My initial interview went well and I had positive vibes about working for this company. After the hiring process was complete, it was very impressive to note how much resources this company has put in to train a new candidate. I received an ample amount of training to ensure I was comfortable with the software used for electronic documentation, and the actual clinical documentation that needed to be done. I find that there is a very healthy collaboration between all team members (professionals across multiple care disciplines). Management is very supportive. The standards of patient care are high. However, given the amount of resources given it is only fair to expect high standards. I am given the freedom to manage my own caseload and capacity. So there is no pressure. The clinician decides how much workload he/she would like to carry on a weekly basis. Good flexibility. Many of my colleagues have been working with CAR for decades.

Pros

Supportive Management, Ample resources (training, electronic documentation, supportive peer group), flexibility to determine caseload on a weekly basis

Cons

Training modules during orientation are very time consuming, however, when you get into the field you will be glad you did them.

A company that is committed to quality and patient care

Community Advantage Rehab, one of Lifemark's health group organizations is a fabulous place to work. The company is committed to maintaining rigorous quality standards, provides tremendous support for clinicians and focuses on a patient centered approach to rehabilitation! An overall great working experience!

Pros

Clinical consultants, educational events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement