Lifemark Health Group

physiotherapistclinicphysiotherapycliniciantherapistsupportivewagesupport

Lots to learn

Featured review

Lifemark Health Group selected this as a representative review
It's an interesting job, especially if you want to try many different areas of practice. I deal mainly with MVA, LTD, and WSIB clients doing treatment for almost any diagnosis they present with. I also do many different types of complex assessments: cognitive abilities evaluations, ergonomic assessments, functional work capacity assessments, MVA in-home assessments with Form 1, and there are many more options.It's great if you want to wet your feet in a lot of areas, but it can also be challenging due to the breadth of different services which all have different requirements and in-depth documentation. They connect you with the other OTs in your province and everyone is always willing to help out and share their knowledge.They provide up to $1500 training per year which is great. I think this is a great role to allow you to learn and grow as a clinician, especially if you're early in your career.

Collaborative and patient focused environment

Great people to work with. Very collaborative, professional and respective. Good peer support and continuous education opportunities. Good communication with management.

Insights into Lifemark Health Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

service provider

They are growing fast across Canada but forget what works- good working LONGTERM relationships. They are focused on efficiency and saving money, treating employees as easily replaceable. Turnover is fast. They are busy so will keep your schedule filled but emphasis is quantity over quality. There is no recognition for what you do well and they promise growth and learning opportunities but don't follow through. Pay is lower than average at other health clinics.

Working as a pta is a dead end Job

Depending on the home you work at it can be really awesome. The home I currently work at is wonderful. How ever the pay is miserable, as a permanent full time even with benefits it’s almost better to work at a place like McDonalds. They max out at 16.50$/hr management is always asking you to work your hours back if you’re away for a day or more for vacation or if your sick days. Again I can not stress this enough they do not pay enough for a living wage. And they are absolutely okay with this as they make no attempts to offer raises, or improve morale among PTAs.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Poor pay, terrible benefits, no room for growth or advancements.

Great work/life balance.

Overall I enjoyed working at Lifemark. I met a lot of cool people that either worked there or attended the clinic as a patient. I learned a lot about how the process works for people when they are injured (ie. funding, doctor approvals, etc.) Unfortunately not paid accordingly.

The job itself is rewarding, pay is insulting

I worked for lifemark (and the other companies that absolved into lifemark overtime) from 2012 to 2018. The pay was insulting, to be making minimum wage with no benefits, no sick pay and discouraged vacation time, it was not worth it. What was even more insulting was that PTA's at hospitals were making (im not even exaggerating) DOUBLE the pay with all of the benefits. I wish I moved on sooner, its not worth it.

busy, fun and flexible job in long-term care

The Seniors Wellness division is a great area to work in if you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary environment. In long-term care, there is a fabulous team of OT/PT, rehab assistants, nursing, care aides, etc. It is very flexible in terms of hours and days available to work. There are monthly teleconference meetings with the BC team.Typical referrals include: mobility and seating assessments, initial assessments for new admissions, transfer assessments, wound prevention/management, falls prevention and a lot of equipment provision. Every day is different and it is never a dull moment.Starting out as a new employee can be challenging as it is a small division, so not many other clinicians in your geographical area to provide mentorship. However, even as a new grad, I was able to manage with my core OT skills, learning from other clinicians and sales representatives from medical equipment vendors. Supportive, professional and easy-going management and team. Pretty good benefits program with Blue Cross if you are an employee. I would absolutely recommend working in the Seniors Wellness division with Lifemark!

Pros

very flexible

Cons

limited mentorship/training

Love my clinic, but the company is very focused on "Increasing Revenue" at my cost

I love the individual clinic I work at, but the company at large is becoming less focused on client care and more on increasing revenue. My workload grows exponentially but the pay and support DO NOT keep up. Employees are showing increasing signs of burn out but we get no support from higher management.

Pros

Good benefits, fair and above average PTO

Cons

Everincreasing workload

Nurse

Great place to work, flexible working hours, you pick the shifts you want. Pay is fair. I would recommend working for this company. Positive workplace culture.

Wonderful Team, Great Learning Opportunities, not great pay

Working at Lifemark allowed for great opportunity for learning and support particularly as part of the admin team. Working full time in this position was wonderful in the sense that you are able to build relationships with not just all areas of your work team, but with all the patients coming in. They become your friends. Co-workers are very kind and supportive. If you are a people person and love interacting with people and building relationships, this position is a wonderful place for that. However, for some of the responsibilities as part of this job, I feel the wage is not great. It feels as if for some of the things we deal with in respect to following up with insurers for needed details for patients, the wage should be increased, especially as it is a common duty done.

Terrible

A company that cuts deals with insurance companies and expects you to half fast your work with clients and take a pay-cut because of it.Far below industry standards in terms of time with clients, pay and work quality.

Great company to work for!

Lifemark is a wonderful company to work for. They have great management who goes above and beyond to meet the needs of their employees. Lifemark provides a diverse group of clinicians to work with and learn from, with lots of mentorship opportunities. Lots of opportunity to move up in the company. They provide excellent employee benefits.Lifemark values Occupational Therapy services more than I have seen with any other employer.

fine

a job, but not anything worth making a career. really lost managment who cant do anything without guidance. but lots of free tickets to every concert and pants galore.

Not recommended for contracting Massage Therapists

When Lifemark reached out to me to invite me to work for them, the company presented as the best group I'd ever work with.While all the co-workers were excellent in their fields and extremely enjoyable to work with, the company itself is concerned with their own revenue, not so much the needs of clients, and much less of the needs of individual therapists.Regardless of how professional or diligent you are, Lifemark has no problem making choices that will be clearly detrimental to you or your clientele, as long as it secures more income for the company. Voicing concerns is pointless, no matter how reasonable or patient you may be.For the amount of commitment and independence they expect, compared with the little they offer (while taking a large cut of the income), you are better off working independently and renting/creating your own space, or finding a smaller business where your needs will be taken into consideration.

pay is horrible

they are very adaptive and understanding when you need time off but pay vs that amount of work you are doing isnt fair at all. working for the company for 2 years they didnt give a raise until i had to seek them out because someone that just got hired on was making more then me. i looked on indeed to find a posting for a part time position and even that is making more then i do. working in health care, full time and not making ends meet are not okay !

Need to be put more

While the work life balance is great, the pay is horrendous for the amount of work you have to do. Also there is not a lot of training, when you don’t know something, you are told to do “online modules”

Pros

Work life balance, great benefits

Cons

Poor pay

Depends on the clinic

Depends on which location do you work in the clinic director and many other factors. It’s a fast paced job expected to see multiple clients and keep up to date with the notes/documentation. Lacks culture

Clinic lead made working here a nightmare.

Run far away. This COULD be a great place to work. I had some wonderful clients and genuinely enjoyed aspects of the job, but the micromanagement and condescension from the clinic lead made Lifemark at Blackburn a nightmare.

Dont expect much money if you're not a PT or OT

Everyone is amazing and theres good work/life balance but the money is awful if you arent an OT or PT unfortunately. If you are a student or need part time hours then its perfect!

Good first job but pays far below the industry standards

Good job and people. Good exposure to career development. My only complaints is that they pay the minimum based on industry standards. Does not allow for longterm prospects.

Pros

On-going education, benefits

Cons

Only really cares about profit

4 years of school for min wage

As a university graduate of a 4 year program I expected to earn Atleast 18 an hour with the chance to get raises. I was at minimum for 2.5 years and only when I told them I was going to quit they considered my prior request for a raise. They offered me 1 extra dollar per hour. I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement