Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
Been at Lifemark for a couple years now and I can say it's a great place to work! The company is aggressively expanding and growing, so it's quite busy, which can be good and bad.

Supportive work culture and flexibility, attentive mgmt, and a fun environment. Good benefits as well!
Pros
Positive environment, lots to do, good benefits
Cons
Very busy workload, which can be overbearing sometimes
18 March 2019

Thank you for your kind words, your hard work is much appreciated. If you have concerns regarding your workload, we encourage you to discuss this with your manager. We want the best for our employees, and communication is key!

Fun culture and career growth opportunities
Head office employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
I work at Lifemark head office. It has very friendly, collaborative culture allowing me to grow my career. We have monthly social gatherings with free lunch to celebrate successes, talk with CEO, welcome new employees, wish happy birthdays, and play trivia games or use ping pong table for tournaments.

In my work I feel very supported by management, and I trust the decisions they make. We are very busy and expanding as a company, and I appreciate the energy my team members bring. It makes me enjoy working for this company! I have advanced in my position over the years.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, collaboration among departments
Cons
Busy job (but not boring!)
18 March 2019

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, we are happy to have you with us!

Beware
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2019
Terrible Management;

Extremely unprofessional
Zero training
Failure to provide direction
Definitely not setting one up for success
Lack of communication
Poor interview approach
Poor people skills, bordering on harassment
Lack of empathy
Condescending behavior
Cons
harassment
20 February 2019

Lifemark’s number one priority is a safe and healthy workplace, and we employ a zero tolerance policy regarding harassment of any kind. Resources for employees are available to provide appropriate assistance and support. It is unfortunate you have had this experience as it is not reflective of our values. If you would like to provide further insight/feedback please reach out to our National Office’s HR department.

This jobs kills yous
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2019
I have been working here for 1yrs and I have seen people come and go within weeks of starting. They quit on the spot. There is no structure or training in place. Your training is 2 days and you either swim or drown. I work NOT 8-4pm but 8 to 8pm and take a break and log in again and work until morning hrs. No extra pay. Management does not even say good job but put more work on you. You tell the management about your concerns and it's like talking to a wall. Nothing ever gets done about it.

By far the worse company anyone can work for.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, you work more hours, no managment support, pay is not good. I can go on about this organization
20 February 2019

We value the time and effort you are dedicating towards succeeding within your role. The concerns you have raised are not reflective of the traditional Lifemark experience; as you are a current employee, we would appreciate the chance to dig deeper and explore things in specific. There are a number of resources available to you - please reach out to your HR representative to speak further in a confidential manner.

Clinician - Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON2 January 2019
As my first job coming out of school, I can say with confidence that this is a great place to work. I have been here over 3 years now, with no intention to leave. The team is awesome, the pace is fast which I love, and I have had the chance to grow as a clinician with the ability to take courses that I enjoy. I would highly recommend it!!
4 January 2019

It's great to hear that you are thriving and succeeding in your clinic! We appreciate the insight into your experience in Sudbury, and we value the positive feedback.

Learned the Weirdest Thing Here
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2018
I worked here as a "work experience student" and didn't learn anything: only learned to do laundry work and filed/organized documents. But I was told to pick up phone calls and say "Hello, how may I help? Ok. May I put you on hold?" after they give a long sentence about their needs. Apparently, putting someone on hold ("Hello. May I put you on hold?") right away is considered rude. It was even more disappointing that that's what I was taught on day one...to put them on hold since I don't know how to book appointments. Then, I got scolded a week later.
4 January 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your volunteer experience. The level of involvement our volunteers have can vary with regards to confidentiality and patient interaction. We will incorporate your comments to improve upon future opportunities of this nature.

Productive and Fun Workplace with Table Tennis!
Management (Current Employee) –  1 Yonge St, Toronto21 November 2018
I've joined the Lifemark team a little over a year now and have had a great experience working here thus far!

Lifemark is a fast paced environment, where you are able to be very productive, very quickly!

Individuals with the right attitude and motivation will be able to move up very quickly. Productive employees are acknowledged and rewarded on a regular basis by upper management!

If you are the type of person who likes a fast paced, lean and productive environment then I recommend you apply and join the team!
Pros
Great Office Space (Open Concept), Great Location (by Union Station), Flexible Hours, Working Remote Option Available
Cons
Dynamic and Fast Paced Environment (not for everyone)
23 November 2018

Thank you for identifying a key strength of ours, as we regularly recognize the talents of our employees and provide opportunities for advancement. We are grateful for your contributions to our national office team in Toronto!

Great employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Lifemark is a great employer who offers work life balance, above market value compensation and an excellent atmosphere. I would recommend Lifemark to others.
Pros
Fun, active, fast-paced
Cons
None to report at this time
23 November 2018

This is so great to hear that you would recommend Lifemark to others! We aim to provide a supportive culture in all of our locations across the country.

Avoid at all costs
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 November 2018
For the LTC side of Lifemark you are contracted into Nursing homes and work remotely. Honestly I loved working at the nursing home with the staff and residents. They were amazing to work with. Lifemark on the other hand is a complete waste of time. Lack of communication, Low wages, etc. I waited 3 months for a response from my email about a possible raise and the answer i got was - "you are the highest paid PTA in the area". I make minimum wage so that doesn't seem possible. This company is only out to make profits and not better service to their clients. There is no official training, they throw you into the nursing and expect the other employees to pick up the slack. I had to fire a girl they hired that vastly ignored safety requirements and almost injured a resident. They kept her on for another 3 months (2 nursing homes), before they fired her officially. For such a big company they really do not care about safety and credentials. Now for the wage difference, if you went to school for 2 years and only make minimum wage, leave. PTA's at the hospital make twice the amount. Trust me, you're better off applying elsewhere. Save the headache.
Pros
a job
Cons
wages, safety concerns, communication
16 November 2018

Your experience as an employee at Lifemark Seniors Wellness is important to us and we value the feedback you have provided. It clearly sounds like your experience has not been positive and I would like to follow up with you directly about the specific examples you have provided.
We absolutely have a commitment to providing timely responses to our staff and a process for the evaluation of wage increases. We also have a thorough onboarding process and management support to ensure new staff transition successfully to their position and to provide ongoing oversight of the services including addressing any issues. I would really like to understand how these processes failed in your scenario, please contact me directly Meagan.Mabady@lifemark.ca

great team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 October 2018
great director and team work. Pay is not that great and really no incentive for increases. training is provided by staff. Clients are gracious and happy to be there.
2 November 2018

Thank you for your review. We place a lot of value on teamwork, and we are grateful for the time you spent contributing to our Milton team.

Very positive culture; Exciting advancement opportunities
National office team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2018
A friendly and collaborative culture, excellent support and learning opportunities. The company is growing which has allowed for advancement and promotion consideration. Leadership is passionate about impacting the lives of our clients; it feels rewarding to be a part of a successful healthcare company.
Pros
Strong leadership, advancement opportunities, excellent culture
Cons
No cons - great office location and friendly colleagues
2 November 2018

Thank you for this feedback. We are so pleased to hear that things are going well for you at our national office. We look forward to your continued success throughout your career with Lifemark!

Alright
RPN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
Great experience right out of nursing school.
Too much travel if you have children.
Great pay
Independent Contractor, so have to hire accountant to properly do taxes and budget how much must be paid out to government.
2 November 2018

We thank you for your perspective. Our flu clinics across the country are made possible by our roster of casual nurses. We also offer permanent nursing positions within the different divisions of the Lifemark Health Group - check out our careers page www.lifemark.ca/careers for an updated list of opportunities!

Unprofessional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 October 2018
The lady in the front is a ignorant peice of work and metal harassing, have fun with working at a workplace that false informs you to on full time, when they realistically offer 19 or less hours, don’t train properally and management doesn’t know how to deal with problems they just turn around and “let you work it out”
Pros
Nothing at all
12 October 2018

We are sorry your expectations of the position were not met. We have a number of resources available to our employees to review any perceived conflicts within the workplace, and we encourage staff to reach out to HR when necessary. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Fun and rewarding place to work!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 October 2018
I have been an employee of Lifemark for almost three years. At the clinic level, it is a fun and positive environment. Our staff works together as a team and puts patient care above all else. Everyday at work feels rewarding. Our clinic director provides consistent feedback and coaching and constantly stresses the importance of a work/life balance. On the corporate level, area and provincial leads work closely with all clinic staff to ensure that the needs of the therapists, administration and patients are being met. Employees at Lifemark have the perfect balance of fun and fullfilling work with a management team that is fully supportive.
Pros
Competitive wages, great benefits package, supportive management, rewarding work
5 October 2018

Thank you for such a thoughtful review. Strong leadership translates into a rewarding work environment for employees across the company. It sounds like you have really found a balance within your role as an office manager, and we are happy to hear that you have felt fully supported!

Good people to work with and for learning experiences were good
IT ANALYST - OFFICE AND WORK FROM HOME (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
A ever changing and challenging experience learned alot but very busy for the manpower we had so could not spend extra time on certain issues when it would have been beneficial but overall a good experience .
Pros
Friendly people and good working conditions
Cons
Not enough time for training and lack of communication
24 August 2018

A positive work environment matters, and we are happy to see that we met your expectations. We appreciate your dedication to some of the larger projects we had on the go, and we wish you all the best going forward in your career!

Worst company to work for
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
Very poor ethics and work culture. All they care about is money, no ethics for patient/employee care. Management talks about how it is a great place to work with a great culture yet they give their employees the bare minimum and have high expectations. Management is more concerned about profit than employee satisfaction. There is a high turnover rate and with good reason. Management needs to up the benefits of working here otherwise they will continue to lose great talent. Would never recommend this company.
10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is clear how passionate and motivated you are about having a positive work experience. As an existing employee we are open to discussing your feedback further, and listening to your specific ideas for improvement. Please connect with your HR representative if you wish to discuss things in further detail.

Great working environment!
Team Lead/Kinesiologist/Vocational Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 July 2018
Job Security and advancement with great direct management! Co-workers are great! Ability to leave work at work. Case loads are manageable and paid vacations!
10 August 2018

We are happy to learn about the support you receive from your manager and co-workers, and that you have a manageable case load. Work/life balance is important! Thank you for the feedback.

Candidate Contact Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2018
Supportive and respectful team to work with
Great benefits
Good workplace culture
Competitive salary
Public transportation nearby
Fast-paced environemnt
10 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback! Thank you for providing insight into some of the perks and benefits Lifemark offers.

Supportive environment and great atomsphere for new grad
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Fonthill, ON4 July 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Lifemark thus far. Coming out of school I was nervous and didn't know what to expect from my first job, but the team at my clinic and lifemark were very supportive and helped make it an easy and smooth transition. The work environment among the various professionals is awesome and makes coming to work everyday easy.

Upper management and corporate are very supportive and are always in touch via emails and newsletters of what is going on in the company as well as providing educational opportunities.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits and educational allowance, schedule allows for work/life balance
Cons
learning the in's and outs of the online system
6 July 2018

We appreciate the time you took you write down your experience in the clinic so far, we are so glad that it has been a positive one. Thank you for your review, we wish you continued success!

The Job itself is ok but that’s about it
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southwestern Ontario23 June 2018
I loved actually being on the floor and doing the hands on working with the residents and work hours are quite flexible but that’s about it. Making only minimum wage hardly seems fair after two year of schooling especially when, in the hospital, they make almost double.
Management also seems unorganized to me. When I started, I only got a couple days of training before being sent out on my own after being promised at least a week. Often times would not get a response from email or get a return from phone messages.
Being a service that is contracted into the home, there seemed to be a clear divide between me and the staff which also made it quite lonely.
I loved the residents but it definitely wasn’t worth staying in that job. I’m not surprised there’s such high turnover rate.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, lonely work, high turnover
3 July 2018

We value the insight you have provided from your experience within a contracted long-term care home. We aim to support new staff to the best of our ability - this is feedback we will incorporate to help improve our training process going forward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.