Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Learned the Weirdest Thing Here
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2018
I worked here as a "work experience student" and didn't learn anything: only learned to do laundry work and filed/organized documents. But I was told to pick up phone calls and say "Hello, how may I help? Ok. May I put you on hold?" after they give a long sentence about their needs. Apparently, putting someone on hold ("Hello. May I put you on hold?") right away is considered rude. It was even more disappointing that that's what I was taught on day one...to put them on hold since I don't know how to book appointments. Then, I got scolded a week later.
4 January 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your volunteer experience. The level of involvement our volunteers have can vary with regards to confidentiality and patient interaction. We will incorporate your comments to improve upon future opportunities of this nature.

Productive and Fun Workplace with Table Tennis!
Management (Current Employee) –  1 Yonge St, Toronto21 November 2018
I've joined the Lifemark team a little over a year now and have had a great experience working here thus far!

Lifemark is a fast paced environment, where you are able to be very productive, very quickly!

Individuals with the right attitude and motivation will be able to move up very quickly. Productive employees are acknowledged and rewarded on a regular basis by upper management!

If you are the type of person who likes a fast paced, lean and productive environment then I recommend you apply and join the team!
Pros
Great Office Space (Open Concept), Great Location (by Union Station), Flexible Hours, Working Remote Option Available
Cons
Dynamic and Fast Paced Environment (not for everyone)
23 November 2018

Thank you for identifying a key strength of ours, as we regularly recognize the talents of our employees and provide opportunities for advancement. We are grateful for your contributions to our national office team in Toronto!

Very positive culture; Exciting advancement opportunities
National office team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2018
A friendly and collaborative culture, excellent support and learning opportunities. The company is growing which has allowed for advancement and promotion consideration. Leadership is passionate about impacting the lives of our clients; it feels rewarding to be a part of a successful healthcare company.
Pros
Strong leadership, advancement opportunities, excellent culture
Cons
No cons - great office location and friendly colleagues
2 November 2018

Thank you for this feedback. We are so pleased to hear that things are going well for you at our national office. We look forward to your continued success throughout your career with Lifemark!

Fun and rewarding place to work!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 October 2018
I have been an employee of Lifemark for almost three years. At the clinic level, it is a fun and positive environment. Our staff works together as a team and puts patient care above all else. Everyday at work feels rewarding. Our clinic director provides consistent feedback and coaching and constantly stresses the importance of a work/life balance. On the corporate level, area and provincial leads work closely with all clinic staff to ensure that the needs of the therapists, administration and patients are being met. Employees at Lifemark have the perfect balance of fun and fullfilling work with a management team that is fully supportive.
Pros
Competitive wages, great benefits package, supportive management, rewarding work
5 October 2018

Thank you for such a thoughtful review. Strong leadership translates into a rewarding work environment for employees across the company. It sounds like you have really found a balance within your role as an office manager, and we are happy to hear that you have felt fully supported!

Clinician - Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON2 January 2019
As my first job coming out of school, I can say with confidence that this is a great place to work. I have been here over 3 years now, with no intention to leave. The team is awesome, the pace is fast which I love, and I have had the chance to grow as a clinician with the ability to take courses that I enjoy. I would highly recommend it!!
4 January 2019

It's great to hear that you are thriving and succeeding in your clinic! We appreciate the insight into your experience in Sudbury, and we value the positive feedback.

Unprofessional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 October 2018
The lady in the front is a ignorant peice of work and metal harassing, have fun with working at a workplace that false informs you to on full time, when they realistically offer 19 or less hours, don’t train properally and management doesn’t know how to deal with problems they just turn around and “let you work it out”
Pros
Nothing at all
12 October 2018

We are sorry your expectations of the position were not met. We have a number of resources available to our employees to review any perceived conflicts within the workplace, and we encourage staff to reach out to HR when necessary. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Worst company to work for
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
Very poor ethics and work culture. All they care about is money, no ethics for patient/employee care. Management talks about how it is a great place to work with a great culture yet they give their employees the bare minimum and have high expectations. Management is more concerned about profit than employee satisfaction. There is a high turnover rate and with good reason. Management needs to up the benefits of working here otherwise they will continue to lose great talent. Would never recommend this company.
10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is clear how passionate and motivated you are about having a positive work experience. As an existing employee we are open to discussing your feedback further, and listening to your specific ideas for improvement. Please connect with your HR representative if you wish to discuss things in further detail.

Good people to work with and for learning experiences were good
IT ANALYST - OFFICE AND WORK FROM HOME (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
A ever changing and challenging experience learned alot but very busy for the manpower we had so could not spend extra time on certain issues when it would have been beneficial but overall a good experience .
Pros
Friendly people and good working conditions
Cons
Not enough time for training and lack of communication
24 August 2018

A positive work environment matters, and we are happy to see that we met your expectations. We appreciate your dedication to some of the larger projects we had on the go, and we wish you all the best going forward in your career!

Supportive environment and great atomsphere for new grad
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Fonthill, ON4 July 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Lifemark thus far. Coming out of school I was nervous and didn't know what to expect from my first job, but the team at my clinic and lifemark were very supportive and helped make it an easy and smooth transition. The work environment among the various professionals is awesome and makes coming to work everyday easy.

Upper management and corporate are very supportive and are always in touch via emails and newsletters of what is going on in the company as well as providing educational opportunities.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits and educational allowance, schedule allows for work/life balance
Cons
learning the in's and outs of the online system
6 July 2018

We appreciate the time you took you write down your experience in the clinic so far, we are so glad that it has been a positive one. Thank you for your review, we wish you continued success!

Great employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Lifemark is a great employer who offers work life balance, above market value compensation and an excellent atmosphere. I would recommend Lifemark to others.
Pros
Fun, active, fast-paced
Cons
None to report at this time
23 November 2018

This is so great to hear that you would recommend Lifemark to others! We aim to provide a supportive culture in all of our locations across the country.

Alright
RPN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
Great experience right out of nursing school.
Too much travel if you have children.
Great pay
Independent Contractor, so have to hire accountant to properly do taxes and budget how much must be paid out to government.
2 November 2018

We thank you for your perspective. Our flu clinics across the country are made possible by our roster of casual nurses. We also offer permanent nursing positions within the different divisions of the Lifemark Health Group - check out our careers page www.lifemark.ca/careers for an updated list of opportunities!

The Job itself is ok but that’s about it
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southwestern Ontario23 June 2018
I loved actually being on the floor and doing the hands on working with the residents and work hours are quite flexible but that’s about it. Making only minimum wage hardly seems fair after two year of schooling especially when, in the hospital, they make almost double.
Management also seems unorganized to me. When I started, I only got a couple days of training before being sent out on my own after being promised at least a week. Often times would not get a response from email or get a return from phone messages.
Being a service that is contracted into the home, there seemed to be a clear divide between me and the staff which also made it quite lonely.
I loved the residents but it definitely wasn’t worth staying in that job. I’m not surprised there’s such high turnover rate.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, lonely work, high turnover
3 July 2018

We value the insight you have provided from your experience within a contracted long-term care home. We aim to support new staff to the best of our ability - this is feedback we will incorporate to help improve our training process going forward.

Enjoy working here, but compensation is terrible.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 May 2018
Been with Lifemark through many changes, and the one thing that has not changed is the wage - paid minimum wage, and they require you to have a two year college diploma. The responsibilities of this job keep growing, but the hours and pay don't increase. Only positive is that after 30 hours/week, you get benefits - but that's about it.

I enjoy the team I work with, and what I do - otherwise this job wouldn't be worth the pay.

Hospitals and county run nursing homes are able to pay their physiotherapy assistant employees $21-27/hour - why is there such a gap with Lifemark? Pocketing the money to pay all the big wigs that run the company, instead of fairly paying their assistants.
Pros
The team I work with, benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Unfair pay, no job growth.
3 July 2018

We are happy to hear that you have a supportive work environment. To explore your career progression options, please reach out to your regional HR representative for a deeper conversation. We are continuously reviewing compensation structures for all of our staff and appreciate your feedback.

Great working environment!
Team Lead/Kinesiologist/Vocational Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 July 2018
Job Security and advancement with great direct management! Co-workers are great! Ability to leave work at work. Case loads are manageable and paid vacations!
10 August 2018

We are happy to learn about the support you receive from your manager and co-workers, and that you have a manageable case load. Work/life balance is important! Thank you for the feedback.

Candidate Contact Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2018
Supportive and respectful team to work with
Great benefits
Good workplace culture
Competitive salary
Public transportation nearby
Fast-paced environemnt
10 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback! Thank you for providing insight into some of the perks and benefits Lifemark offers.

It could be better
Client Service Representative / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
I have enjoyed everyday coming to work because I always bring out the best customer service possible to our Doctors/Assessors and clients. My number one priority is making them feel welcomed and comfortable while visiting our facility. I have been successful so far. I want to continue having this positive effect on people.
27 April 2018

Thank you for keeping client needs a priority. It is great that you are committed to excellent customer service! We would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve - please connect with your HR representative to share your feedback.

Office Super Woman
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
I've been with Lifemark for 6 years now. I have been able to move up within the company from a pt CSR to a Full time Office Manager.
The benefits are a plus to this job. throughout the years I have learned so much about Physiotherapy and Lifemark. I enjoy working with my management team they are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I find this helps with communicating my concerns and trusting them. My role has many ups and downs but the downs are what challenges me into being a great leader for my team and allows me to learn and grow!
20 April 2018

Office Super Woman is right! Your upwards evolution is great to see for the 6 years that you have been with us. We are so grateful for the time and energy you invest into your clinic and the larger company.

Small clinic, very friendly and caring.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB30 March 2018
A typical work day was productive, always something to do.
Only one receptionist working at the front, teaches you self discipline and time management. Regular health and safety checks, corporate check in's, and monthly manager meetings. You become a work family. Always being shown appreciation like administrative appreciation day, birthdays, and yearly anniversaries. Hardest part about working here was covering 14 shifts if someone was sick, which was almost never. Honestly a very welcoming, fun clinic. Loved getting to know the regular patients and developing a professional relationship with them.
20 April 2018

We appreciate the snapshot you gave into your day to day in Stony Plain, thank you for the time you spent with Lifemark!

Avoid at all costs
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 November 2018
For the LTC side of Lifemark you are contracted into Nursing homes and work remotely. Honestly I loved working at the nursing home with the staff and residents. They were amazing to work with. Lifemark on the other hand is a complete waste of time. Lack of communication, Low wages, etc. I waited 3 months for a response from my email about a possible raise and the answer i got was - "you are the highest paid PTA in the area". I make minimum wage so that doesn't seem possible. This company is only out to make profits and not better service to their clients. There is no official training, they throw you into the nursing and expect the other employees to pick up the slack. I had to fire a girl they hired that vastly ignored safety requirements and almost injured a resident. They kept her on for another 3 months (2 nursing homes), before they fired her officially. For such a big company they really do not care about safety and credentials. Now for the wage difference, if you went to school for 2 years and only make minimum wage, leave. PTA's at the hospital make twice the amount. Trust me, you're better off applying elsewhere. Save the headache.
Pros
a job
Cons
wages, safety concerns, communication
16 November 2018

Your experience as an employee at Lifemark Seniors Wellness is important to us and we value the feedback you have provided. It clearly sounds like your experience has not been positive and I would like to follow up with you directly about the specific examples you have provided.
We absolutely have a commitment to providing timely responses to our staff and a process for the evaluation of wage increases. We also have a thorough onboarding process and management support to ensure new staff transition successfully to their position and to provide ongoing oversight of the services including addressing any issues. I would really like to understand how these processes failed in your scenario, please contact me directly Meagan.Mabady@lifemark.ca

Great place to work!
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Lifemark. My manager and the staff were wonderful and I always felt very supported. The company genuinely cares about the well-being of their employees. I always felt that I was able to provide excellent care for my patients while working for this company.
3 July 2018

Thank you for the time you invested in us! We are so happy to hear that you were supported as a physiotherapist - we truly value the care you provided to your patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.