Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Worst company to work for
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
Very poor ethics and work culture. All they care about is money, no ethics for patient/employee care. Management talks about how it is a great place to work with a great culture yet they give their employees the bare minimum and have high expectations. Management is more concerned about profit than employee satisfaction. There is a high turnover rate and with good reason. Management needs to up the benefits of working here otherwise they will continue to lose great talent. Would never recommend this company.
10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is clear how passionate and motivated you are about having a positive work experience. As an existing employee we are open to discussing your feedback further, and listening to your specific ideas for improvement. Please connect with your HR representative if you wish to discuss things in further detail.

Candidate Contact Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2018
Supportive and respectful team to work with
Great benefits
Good workplace culture
Competitive salary
Public transportation nearby
Fast-paced environemnt
10 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback! Thank you for providing insight into some of the perks and benefits Lifemark offers.

Supportive environment and great atomsphere for new grad
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Fonthill, ON4 July 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Lifemark thus far. Coming out of school I was nervous and didn't know what to expect from my first job, but the team at my clinic and lifemark were very supportive and helped make it an easy and smooth transition. The work environment among the various professionals is awesome and makes coming to work everyday easy.

Upper management and corporate are very supportive and are always in touch via emails and newsletters of what is going on in the company as well as providing educational opportunities.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits and educational allowance, schedule allows for work/life balance
Cons
learning the in's and outs of the online system
6 July 2018

We appreciate the time you took you write down your experience in the clinic so far, we are so glad that it has been a positive one. Thank you for your review, we wish you continued success!

The Job itself is ok but that’s about it
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southwestern Ontario23 June 2018
I loved actually being on the floor and doing the hands on working with the residents and work hours are quite flexible but that’s about it. Making only minimum wage hardly seems fair after two year of schooling especially when, in the hospital, they make almost double.
Management also seems unorganized to me. When I started, I only got a couple days of training before being sent out on my own after being promised at least a week. Often times would not get a response from email or get a return from phone messages.
Being a service that is contracted into the home, there seemed to be a clear divide between me and the staff which also made it quite lonely.
I loved the residents but it definitely wasn’t worth staying in that job. I’m not surprised there’s such high turnover rate.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, lonely work, high turnover
3 July 2018

We value the insight you have provided from your experience within a contracted long-term care home. We aim to support new staff to the best of our ability - this is feedback we will incorporate to help improve our training process going forward.

Unwilling to change
Occupational health nurse lead (Western Canada) (Former Employee) –  Western Canada4 June 2018
The organization lacks the ability to change, or listen to new ideas with forward thinking and "out of the box" ideas. There is an overall lack of interest in improving.
3 July 2018

We place a high degree of importance on innovation, feedback, and ideas from across the company – thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts. The pace of change is sometimes quicker in one division of the company versus another; we are proud of the overall growth of Lifemark and will continue to strive for innovative solutions within the healthcare industry.

Not Great
Administration (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2018
I have a few great co-workers, and I used to really like coming to work. The work load isn't horrible - sometimes gets overwhelming, but that's normal.

However, there is poor guidance from management, and a lot of "favouritism" - treats other staff better. There has been a lot of drama/unfairness. There is little value in employees.
The wages are horrible, with little/no opportunity for raises. I had asked for one for my one year, and I feel like they just told me it would be possible to get me off of their back.
The employee hours are unflexible/management is very controlling, like leaving early, etc. It's also difficult to get holiday time, due to little staffing, and the unwillingness to find floaters/other staff to cover.

Overall, it's been a pretty poor work environment, especially lately. And some staff are passive aggressive, or take such trivial issues to managers and get other staff in trouble when it's either not an issue, or just a small mistake.

If you have a good work ethic, are wanting to excel in your work, and care about where you are, I don't suggest working here. You'll feel emotionally drained.
Pros
Some nice co workers, pretty easy work, benefits are good.
Cons
Everything else isn't that great.
3 July 2018

We thank you for your comprehensive perspective. Effective communication is vital to success, and we value a positive and supportive work environment. To ensure you can have the best work environment possible, please know that you can access your HR team anytime and they can assist you to explore possible solutions. We want to make sure that your contributions are fully recognized.

Enjoy working here, but compensation is terrible.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 May 2018
Been with Lifemark through many changes, and the one thing that has not changed is the wage - paid minimum wage, and they require you to have a two year college diploma. The responsibilities of this job keep growing, but the hours and pay don't increase. Only positive is that after 30 hours/week, you get benefits - but that's about it.

I enjoy the team I work with, and what I do - otherwise this job wouldn't be worth the pay.

Hospitals and county run nursing homes are able to pay their physiotherapy assistant employees $21-27/hour - why is there such a gap with Lifemark? Pocketing the money to pay all the big wigs that run the company, instead of fairly paying their assistants.
Pros
The team I work with, benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Unfair pay, no job growth.
3 July 2018

We are happy to hear that you have a supportive work environment. To explore your career progression options, please reach out to your regional HR representative for a deeper conversation. We are continuously reviewing compensation structures for all of our staff and appreciate your feedback.

Great place to work!
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Lifemark. My manager and the staff were wonderful and I always felt very supported. The company genuinely cares about the well-being of their employees. I always felt that I was able to provide excellent care for my patients while working for this company.
3 July 2018

Thank you for the time you invested in us! We are so happy to hear that you were supported as a physiotherapist - we truly value the care you provided to your patients.

Love the people
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2018
I am pleased with the way everyone (therapist, office staff and management) has the client as the number one concern and wants them to get back to their post injury life routine,
Pros
get to be involved in commuity sports events
Cons
paper work for clients
4 May 2018

Thank you for sharing, meeting the needs of our clients is our priority. Lifemark teams across the country are focused on getting people back to healthy living!

Made a move 5 years ago and never looked back!
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Region25 April 2018
I made the move to Lifemark 5 years ago after working for my previous employer for 10 years. Right from day one I knew that I had made the right decision.
I was instantly welcomed to the team and given opportunities to expand my role within the region and develop other areas of my career that I had not had the freedom to do in the past. The management team in Atlantic Canada is extremely supportive and approachable. I always feel like I have a voice and am encouraged to always give advice and feedback on many different projects that are not directly connected to my profession.
I have the unique opportunity to be able to work in all but one of our Atlantic Region clinics and I can say that although all of the clinics I work at are different (people and culture), they are all extremely welcoming and supportive teams to work with.
I have had the chance to work directly with different managers at our Head Office and have never once felt as though, representing one of the smaller regions of the country, that our concerns or opinions are not taken seriously.
I have been through some changes to the company since starting 5 years ago and through it all I have always felt as though we are moving in positive directions.
My switch to Lifemark has been extremely positive and I would not hesitate to tell anyone who is looking for a job that "You belong here".
27 April 2018

What a wonderful insight into your experience, thank you for sharing! We agree that our Atlantic group is an excellent team that consistently has a positive impact across the region. We look forward to your continued success at Lifemark!

It could be better
Client Service Representative / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
I have enjoyed everyday coming to work because I always bring out the best customer service possible to our Doctors/Assessors and clients. My number one priority is making them feel welcomed and comfortable while visiting our facility. I have been successful so far. I want to continue having this positive effect on people.
27 April 2018

Thank you for keeping client needs a priority. It is great that you are committed to excellent customer service! We would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve - please connect with your HR representative to share your feedback.

Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2018
Would not go near them. For a company that sells healing and support you would think they would extend that to employees. The management staff is less than supportive and welcoming.
20 April 2018

It is disappointing when expectations are not met; this is not the typical clinical experience with Lifemark. Your experience does not reflect Lifemark’s greater core values. Thank you for the time you did spend with us, we wish you all the best with the next steps in your career.

Office Super Woman
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
I've been with Lifemark for 6 years now. I have been able to move up within the company from a pt CSR to a Full time Office Manager.
The benefits are a plus to this job. throughout the years I have learned so much about Physiotherapy and Lifemark. I enjoy working with my management team they are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I find this helps with communicating my concerns and trusting them. My role has many ups and downs but the downs are what challenges me into being a great leader for my team and allows me to learn and grow!
20 April 2018

Office Super Woman is right! Your upwards evolution is great to see for the 6 years that you have been with us. We are so grateful for the time and energy you invest into your clinic and the larger company.

Small clinic, very friendly and caring.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB30 March 2018
A typical work day was productive, always something to do.
Only one receptionist working at the front, teaches you self discipline and time management. Regular health and safety checks, corporate check in's, and monthly manager meetings. You become a work family. Always being shown appreciation like administrative appreciation day, birthdays, and yearly anniversaries. Hardest part about working here was covering 14 shifts if someone was sick, which was almost never. Honestly a very welcoming, fun clinic. Loved getting to know the regular patients and developing a professional relationship with them.
20 April 2018

We appreciate the snapshot you gave into your day to day in Stony Plain, thank you for the time you spent with Lifemark!

Culture and team work a strong focus
physiotherapsit (Current Employee) –  Calgary23 March 2018
work in great teams, multiple services and professionals including kinesiologists, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, psychologists and physicians all working together to help out clients. The services provided are not focused on in schooling so there is a lot of training and support. Upper management is focused on overall quality, staff development and customer service. Corporate supports clinic culture with multiple events, new letters, and national competitions to bring the company together.
Pros
training, culture, team atmosphere, focus on quality
Cons
a lot of training before able to master the services
20 April 2018

We want our staff to thrive and succeed in their chosen specializations, and training is a key facet of our multidisciplinary clinics. Thank you for your positive review!

Fun and exciting workplace!
Kinesiologist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 March 2018
I've been with Lifemark for about 8 months now, and everything has been awesome so far. Everyone in the workplace gets along very well and makes the work environment very fun and exciting. We are able to bounce ideas off each other and exchange knowledge from one therapist to another, from PTs to OTs to KINs. Everyone is very well respected, regardless of your experience level. It's a great place to learn and expand your knowledge base, whether you're a recent grad or have been in the industry for several years.

Management has been great, good communication and clear ideals on what is required to perform well. They really take the "We Have Fun" motive to heart and encourage social events in our clinic. Next week management is even taking us all out for dinner. Renovations are soon to come as well since we are growing as a clinic. I'm excited to see where this company will be in a couple years.
Pros
Fun workplace environment, knowledgeable therapists, and open communication with employees and management.
Cons
None.
20 April 2018

You’re right, having fun is serious business! We are elated to share in your excitement for where Lifemark is headed. Cheers!

Great team atmosphere, supportive management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I have been a therapist with Lifemark for over 10 years and love working in such a collaborative team environment. The company supports and encourages ongoing education and has been supportive in allowing changes in my work schedule. I am lucky to work with such a fun group of coworkers and feel good about the quality of service we are able to provide. I also like how we are able to collaborate with other clinics in the province and access clinicians who are experts in their respective areas.
Pros
team environment, supportive management
Cons
some difficult clients
23 March 2018

A collaborative approach is something we highly value, thank you for writing your thoughts! Having a trusted professional network is a great asset that helps our staff evolve in their careers.

Supportive and inclusive environment that treats EVERYONE as part of the Lifemark family!
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
Lifemark Health in Grande Prairie is a supportive and inclusive environment to be a part of - you are treated as part of the Lifemark family. The most enjoyable part of the job is our clients - they are challenging and also rewarding to work with. The management team is understanding, influential and promotes a work-life balance. We strive toward always bettering ourselves, both on personal and professional levels - which also effects how we are able to better services for our clients.
23 March 2018

It sounds like your management team is doing a great job! A work-life balance is so important - you have to take care of yourself in order to fully take care of your clients.

Great work environment, rewarding, and LOTS of treats :)
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
Lifemark has such a great work environment in regards to the staff, the people you work with on a daily basis are AMAZING! As Lifemark is open from 8-7 each day, there is flexibility in hours. Learning opportunities occur on a daily basis with the work environment; as there is opportunity to move/advance into different positions and Lifemark is focused on professional development. With working in the health care field the hardest part of the position is working with clients who do not want to be there, but the most rewarding is when those clients end up changing their perspective for the best.
Pros
Fellow staff members, flexible hours, and advancements
Cons
Salary (depending on your role)
23 March 2018

It is so great that you are able to help our clients get back to life! We appreciate the care you provide and the impact you have on your community.

Senior Customer Service Represenative
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 March 2018
I have worked for Lifemark now for almost 3 years. Here is generally what a typical day looks like from the administrative perspective:
Answering phone calls, which can include booking patients, answering questions about the services/programs we offer, reschedule appointments, as well as confirming the times.
Booking patients for different programs. We offer in our clinic several different programs, and there are different ways that patients are scheduled, based on their program, the type of service they are receiving as well as the needs of the patient.
Faxing, filing, making sure paperwork is completed by patients correctly.
Greeting and interacting with patients at the front end.
I have the best management team I could ask for. They are helpful, and caring and understanding, and always encouraging you to grow and learn new things.

The most enjoyable part of the job is We Have Fun! Our clinic we all get along really well, and there is always a positive attitude. As well the company provides little challenges throughout the year to encourage healthy competition. We recently competed in a Winter Olympics challenge. Over 2 weeks we were given 5 challenges to participate in. Our clinic had a lot of fun with this activity. We had pick a team captain. We also had to take a bunch of pictures doing the following things, Hosting a Sporting competition, a new sport, and a champion's feast. The competition was a lot of fun to participate in, we had a lot of laughs posing for the photos.
Pros
We have fun, opportunities to grown, Free Lifemark Swag, Benefits at 30 hours a week, quarterly reviews about how you are doing. Some flexibility with hours.
Cons
You do have to work late hours sometimes, Not every customer is friendly.
23 March 2018

What a comprehensive review of your role! Thank you for highlighting some of the fun activities that happen behind the scenes at Lifemark.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.