Lifemark Health Group

Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Canada171 reviews
My experience at Lifemark was a positive one. Hired out of field placement, I was made to feel valued and apart of the team. The clinical team is supportive and encourage questions you may have about treatment options and have a good open door policy.
Pros
Constantly learning and collaborative environment.
Cons
Pay isn't reflective of role each clinician brings to their clients.
Having worked for Lifemark for 12 years,.I found it stressful.compared to working for a small one owner clinic. Having worked in the same clinic with the same group of coworkers before Lifemark bought the clinic. I find its not the company who.makes it a great place to work, its your boss and coworkers.
Pros
People you work.with and great computer program
Cons
Stressful and very busy
I love my job, we have a great team and you feel valued as an employee. Being with the company has taught me so much from an administrative assistant perspective.
PTA compensation is beyond under valued. You are only a number there, not a real person. They discriminate and will let you go for your lifestyle and if you have any disabilities. Not a professional company. Good luck!
Pros
Fairly easy job
Cons
No security in job and discrimination low low wages
If we love what we do (Mastery), love the people with whom we do it (Chemistry), and love the reason for doing it (Delivery), would we still call it work? This is Lifemark!

People are inspired to do what they do well by the love they feel for what they do (Mastery), by the people with whom they share tasks and relationships (Chemistry), and by their commitment to being of service to others (Delivery).
Cons
No real cons
This is a good way to build up some paid clinical experience hours for future academic/professional pursuits; however, don't expect to be able to save much money from the work. The pay is minimum wage with no paid breaks. This is despite the requirement of a diploma or degree, the high physical demands of the job, the level of responsibility required, and the fact that the home itself pays significantly more per hour for similar staff (i.e. recreation aide). The job itself is a good learning opportunity in the field of geriatric physiotherapy, you get the chance to build personal relationships with many of the residents, and the actual people I worked with were great; however, the company itself lacks proper communication and fair wages for its PTAs.
Pros
Connecting with the residents, clinical experience
Cons
Awful pay, poor communication
Full-time permanent? You get benefits. Good! There aren’t many growth opportunities but to move into the corporate side of the company, or reports side.

Others might say, “this is a great entry level job for Kinesiologists.” But we are regulated professionals and should be treated as such. We should be able to make clinical decisions, and focus more on client care, and less on laundry, cleaning, and passive modalities (that are not evidenced based). Transition the role away from PTA and more towards RKin because that’s what the role deserves. We are more than an assistant. We are part of the interdisciplinary team with a focus in active rehabilitation. So stop delegating IFC, TENS, U/S, and let us create strengthening and work conditioning. Stop blending the RKin role with PTA, cleaners, laundromat, and student intern tasks. But treat us like the professionals that we are. So unless this company changes their perspective on the respect given to Kinesiologists, this role IS a stepping stone. Then go ahead and chase after that bigger dream, where your work and effort will match the compensation.
Pros
Quick learning curve. Great team, if you’re lucky. Good skills to add on your resume.
Cons
Ceiling, too many passive modalities, doing laundry, cleaning, finishing tasks that are not completed by the individuals
Professional and fast paced environment depending on location. Can sometimes be stressful, but the team culture works to alleviate major stress. Welcoming environment and can become like a second family. Overall good job, easy to hit career ceiling though and not much room for growth even when interest is expressed. Business casual dress, but firm against unnatural hair color, and frowns upon tattoos and alternative piercings.
In my job description I have been given a broader scope than previously available for PTA's in my area. I have been tasked with building up my own case load of regular clients that I see for treatments that are within my professional scope. Working closely with the PT I help workers compensation clients with their rehabilitation. This has broadened the scope of what PTA's had been doing in the clinic in the past. With the increased responsibility came a nice increase in wage. This made the job more desirable for me and made it more competitive compared to other jobs in the area. The clinic I work in has a great team collaboration culture which makes going to work more enjoyable. The hardest part of my current role is finding time for charting and room prep all while giving treatment throughout the day. If you like being challenged and busy this is a great environment for you.
Been working for this company for 2 plus years. The staff are very helpful and considerate. Management is also helpful and knowledgeable. Overall it is a fun place to work.
1 May 2020
We place a high value on the work you're doing! Thank you for being a part of Lifemark for the last 2+ years, and we hope things continue to go well. Thank you for the review!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lifemark Health Group?
I've worked for this company, it's not an entry level administrative job. The salary is minimum wage ($15/hr) with high expectations, high stress & they expect you to babysit the physiotherapists. The physiotherapists don't clean up after themselves, they're slobs, disrespectful towards front desk staff. The clientele is disrespectful, they don't understand English. Stay away!!!!
Pros
Cons
Salary, high expectations, high stress, constant disrespect from all sides
31 March 2020
It is unfortunate to learn that your expectations of the role and the company were not met. Stress can happen in positions with a lot of responsibility, especially when balancing client-facing and in-clinic demands. Generally our HR team as well as local leaders are always available to provide guidance, training, and support when challenges like this arise in the workplace. We appreciate the contributions you made to our local clinic, and we are sorry that this did not work out for you.
An amazing company to work for built on strong ethics and trust.Fast pasted treatment facility with multiple locations and multiple programs. Very Knowledgeable in the business
31 March 2020
We appreciate your review! Our disability management services are increasingly busy and in-demand; as we continue to manage the growth and overall success of the program we rely on the impact of team members such as yourself. Thank you!
I enjoy coming into work every day! I have an amazing professional team. Always keeping busy, there is a variety of tasks to complete every day.There is always room for advancement. Never a dull moment!
Pros
Great work community
Cons
Salary
31 March 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Lifemark, we are happy to have you with us! We appreciate your hard work and we look forward to seeing how your career evolves within the company.
Amazing environement and management team, a great team environment where everyone works together for the betterment of the clients.
Could use a bigger facility
Pros
great staff
Cons
small location
31 March 2020
We appreciate your feedback! Strong teamwork is vital for ensuring excellent quality of care to our clients; thank you for all of your contributions.
I joined Lifemark just under a year ago and love going into work everyday. Priorities can shift quickly in this fast paced challenging environment.

Many great advancements in the works throughout the company which is exciting to be part of and have a say in.
31 March 2020
We place a high degree of importance on innovation, feedback, and ideas from across the company – thank you for taking the time to provide your review!
Working at Lifemark Health Group is a great experience which is reflected in how management approaches the employees and the benefits too. The managers/directors are always willing to help and will take the time to assist if required.

Lifemark is a fast-growing company and as a result there are many opportunities to delve in to new and exciting (IT) projects.
Pros
Collaboration, employee respect, benefits
31 March 2020
Thank you for providing insight into your experience with Lifemark, and we look forward to your continued success with the company!
Great company to work for, great clinic team dynamic relationships and cooperative practices between clinician types which help clients reach rehab goals
31 March 2020
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review, thank you for your feedback! One of our defined values is centered around trusting each other, and how this leads to the development of great teams. We are happy to learn about your experience in Halifax!
Team atmosphere; opportunity for growth; head office support and appropriate guidelines/ training; overall a positive experience. Strong Canadian company.
30 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, the positive experience you described is the result of the personal impact made by people like you! We appreciate your contributions to the clinic and the company.
This is a very rewarding position that helps seniors achieve a better overall quality of life. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team within the long-term care home
30 March 2020
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review, thank you! Our Seniors Wellness division is a priority, and we place a high value on the impact of team members such as yourself. We wish you continued success in your role!
It is very pleasure to work with this company. All staff members are cooperative and helpful. Last but not least "it is the best team"
I love to work with LifeMark as they really care for you...
30 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are happy to hear that you have a supportive work environment, and we look forward to your continued success at Lifemark.
Great staff at my former location: friendly and good office morale, willing to answer questions you have. But no training. I shadowed the PTA for almost two days and received a presentation on one of the injuries we often treated. Kins have a very broad degree and very little, if any, clinical experience. They, like anyone else, need to be trained in their specific job. There was no experienced kin (I was a new grad) to explain or show how the job worked, or even understand what my degree had taught me to do. I was told on more than one occasion that I would be sent to another Lifemark location to shadow a kin there, but never was.
Pay for a starting kin is relatively good (many places are less), but you do not get paid if clients don't show up/cancel last minute and are told you can't charge if you want to keep them; I calculated that I would have to have the cancellation/no show rate at 16.7% or less (it currently is about 20% of appointments) to even keep my wage at that of the PTA, never mind the extra education I have, plus the $1000 annually to keep my license.
30 March 2020
Thank you for your comprehensive perspective. Depending on geographical location it is possible to experience limited in-person training options, however we offer many telephonic and virtual solutions that connect our employees with experts from other clinics. We appreciate your contributions to the clinic and the community; all the best with the next steps in your career.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.