LIFELEARN Management reviews

Better than Expected
Intermediate Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 May 2019
When I read the online reviews of this company I was thinking "upward mobility"! but it turns out that the last couple years there have been a number of changes in management and now it is a very relaxed environment.

A big plus is the breadth of the technology stack. New developers will learn a lot about docker swarms git and CI.

We are open to adopting new technologies and most of the work is in Laraval and React.js.
Couldn’t be more disappointed.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 August 2018
What a toxic environment! The company won’t last with one product. Making websites for vets. No room for growth. Terrible wages. Hours of OT expected of you yet go unpaid.

I just cannot tell you enough bad things about this place.
Pros
Dog friendly office
Cons
Horrible toxic environment.
Used to be good!
Customer Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 April 2018
Toxic toxic toxic. Morale at an all time low. This place is to be avoided at all costs. Looks at the reviews. People are miserable. Don’t go just because you need a job. You’re better than what this place could offer you and it will suck your soul.
Pros
Dog friendly.
Cons
Toxic environment. Top heavy management.
inside sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 June 2017
enjoyed the company, didn't love my job.
I prefer to be on my feet, I enjoy being busy.
LifeLearn was close to home, a safe job.
The CEO cared about the staff there.
Pros
good people
Cons
boring job
The place has gone nuclear, avoid at all costs
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 June 2017
Escaping from Lifelearn is the best thing that has happened to me since being hired. The last 6 months have been like the later stages of an abusive relationship. We did our best with the scant support that was givin the team but it was never good enough. And we were all rewarded with toxic micromanagement, brow beatings, and bullying.
This company takes lives
Employee (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 May 2017
Lifelearn has become nothing more than a sales company only interested in pushing out inferior products as quickly as possible to gouge their loyal clients. And is completely disinterested in the well being or morale of their employees as long as they can make the deadlines decided on by management. Any deadline dissenters will be forced out to make room for the yes-men.
Pros
Dog Friendly office, Monthly Cake days, Monthly lunch
Cons
Toxic micomanagers, Poor work life balance, Wooden culture borrowed from other companies
Worst managed company yet
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 March 2017
- Leadership is heavily dominant to their employees.
- Management sets unrealistic deadlines within involving a developer.
- Management thinks developers are insignificant and worthless.
- Completely two-faced and backstabbing.
- Management are unqualified for an IT solution corporation.
- Zero process/workflow and absolutely no organization or structure.
- Culture is essential in an IT company, LifeLearn has the most toxic culture I have ever worked in.

I regret spending my time, mileage, and skills on LifeLearn.
Pros
Dog Friendly, They're In The Past
Cons
Everything About Them
Toxic Micro Managers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 February 2017
Beware of this employer. Unprofessional, disorganized and poorly managed. Little to no expertise in higher management. Unstable job roles and titles. Would not recommend.
company holds promise if it can return to its roots
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Guelph19 December 2016
The company has a long history of steady growth and the culture was mostly positive. Unfortunately executive level management made decisions that set the company on the wrong path and also created a toxic culture. Recent changes will hopefully move the company back in the right direction but likely still more work needs to be done so that knowledgeable people are in leadership roles.
Pros
Nice office and dog friendly
Cons
Toxic culture lead by micro managers who are not even in the office most of the time
Stressful Workplace Enviroment
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 November 2016
Used to be a great place to work, however it has declined dramatically. Rapid growth has caused the company to forget about the bottom tier staff. Their products have multiple bugs and kinks that are regularly overlooked, as they attempt to create new products in the hopes it will be their saving grace. There is a lack of customer service, causing them to hemorrhage customers, as well as an obvious lack of training in regards to products. Staff attempting to fix the above problems are often over-looked and/or ignored completely.
Pros
Dog friendly
Cons
Management, toxic work atmosphere, low pay scale
Has declined dramatically.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 September 2016
This used to be a good place to work, but management lost its way. High turnover and low morale have created a toxic culture. You can take your concerns to management, and they'll even listen - but nothing changes. They have put all of their focus on one project to the detriment of all of the others, and that cornerstone product can't get off the ground.
Pros
Dog-friendly office
Cons
Toxic environment