LifeLabs Employee Review

Fast paced professional environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2014
I was responsible for patient identification and specimen collection
Processing of information and specimen prep for shipping.
Co-workers were apporachable and gave direction and answered any and all of my questions.
Hardest part of the job, would be language barrier ( as we need to instruct patients on procedures before specimen collection )
Most enjoyable part of the job was working within a laboratory setting directly with the technologist in preparing and collection samples for testing.
Pros
2 Breaks and a 30 minute Lunch during 8 Hr shift
Cons
Physically Demanding

Other LifeLabs Employee Reviews

Never bored
Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 April 2018
You are definitely kept on your toes working for LifeLabs. Very busy and often short-staffed, but teamwork is amazing and your days go fast. You are entitled to plenty of vacation, but it is extremely difficult to get the dates you want when you have little seniority, especially during peak times (summer, Christmas, spring break). If you work closing shifts, expect to work overtime a lot. No shortage of hours for those who want to work.
Pros
Great co-workers. Opportunities to pick up hours. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Difficult to get time off. Labs often short-staffed. Some labs require you to work alone at times.
Good professional workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON15 April 2018
I enjoyed working for this modern progressive company. There was plenty of opportunity for growth and to learn new skills. I especially enjoyed the camaraderie as encouraged by management. There was a very healthy and encouraging workplace culture in the entire lab.