LifeLabs Employee Review

Productive workplace and great Co-Workers
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2013
A typical day at work involved receiving, accessioning and aliquot specimens. We prepared reagents and processed specimens for testing; including centrifuging and separating blood. Some additional responsibilities included maintaining equipment, recording temperature readings, utilizing computers to look-up data, photocopying, faxing and filing. The best part of my job was my co-workers. We were a large group of Women working closely in a very busy department. Skills that I enhanced from this position include my speed and accuracy in high volume situations, manual dexterity, computer working and knowledge of laboratory safety. I enjoyed being a member of both the Joint Health and Safety Committee and the Social Committee.
Pros
shift work, co-workers and committees
Cons
lacking overtime opportunities

Other LifeLabs Employee Reviews

Never bored
Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 April 2018
You are definitely kept on your toes working for LifeLabs. Very busy and often short-staffed, but teamwork is amazing and your days go fast. You are entitled to plenty of vacation, but it is extremely difficult to get the dates you want when you have little seniority, especially during peak times (summer, Christmas, spring break). If you work closing shifts, expect to work overtime a lot. No shortage of hours for those who want to work.
Pros
Great co-workers. Opportunities to pick up hours. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Difficult to get time off. Labs often short-staffed. Some labs require you to work alone at times.
Good professional workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON15 April 2018
I enjoyed working for this modern progressive company. There was plenty of opportunity for growth and to learn new skills. I especially enjoyed the camaraderie as encouraged by management. There was a very healthy and encouraging workplace culture in the entire lab.