LifeLabs

LifeLabs Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Laboratory Technician63 reviews
Canada63 reviews
I’m working there about a hear and a half and I know mostly everything, of course I’m still learning during the job, cause there are a lot of stuff to know
They were doing the right thing and asked questions appropriately. They gave you enough time to answer and think about what you have to said. They will bring out the best in you.
As a float, you will meet different types of people to work with, as long as you are open to communicate and work with them a typical day would go smoothly.
Life labs is a great company to work for... I love that I work straight days and no weekends! Your day is busy so it goes fast! Everyone works as a team.
The company that give you chances of growth and success. Being the number one company in Canada, you will find lots of opportunities to start your career.
Great place to hone any phlebotomy skills and be truly introduced to the healthcare field. Having to collaborate with fellow employees, doctor offices and lab employees at main lab creates a team environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
I work out of 6 different locations and every one is fast paced and keeps your going all day. it is a great company to work for, having benefits and being part of a union.
Pros
able to pick up more hours at different locations
Cons
pay
Productive, client-centered, culturally diverse and professional place to work.
High volume work with training and support provided to work efficiently.
Worked hard for 12 years now as a Medical Laboratory Assistant and want to explore in new fields to acquire more knowledge and experience in healthcare
Do not work for this company. All they care about is money. They do not care for the employees or patients. Like pulling teeth to request one day off, even for a emergency, and don't even think about calling in sick. You will be bullied by the supervisors to come in to work no matter how ill. Good start if you are out of school and need experience for a resume. Other than that you do not want a career here
Would never have left had I been able to secure full time hours or closer to home location. Colleagues always support one another and supervisors are quick to commend on job well done and encourage where warranted. A unique group of staff that have respect on all levels for the service they provide to patients. Fast paced, detailed, time sensitive, assisting all walks of life. Was an exciting, challenging and rewarding career. Location was just too far for me.
Working in Lifelabs during my Placement thought me a lot. From theory into actual practice helps me develop my skills of what I've learned during my studying as Medical Laboratory Assistant. I considered as a Very challenging workplace, productive and friendly staff, including the management.
It is like a normal lab, sometimes it gets very depressing dealing with patients the whole day. There are some employees who are not very welcoming to any new hires which was not nice.
Internal politics, no way of progression no matter how good your performance
Management doesn’t listen to employees Too much pressure at work make physically sick Always shortage of employees Overall very unhealthy working atmosphere
I'm considered part time but I still get full benefits. That is a huge bonus for me.

I've had great managers the entire time I've worked for Lifelabs but I would say issues are with upper management.
the friends you make, makes it more bearable, however there is a target that needs to be reached, quality and quantity really matter to this company, therefore fast paced. Management is okay, definitely have favourites, shift availability is great, you can decide what hours you can and can't work for the week if discussed with the manager.
Lifelabs is one of my favourite medical laboratory. I am working 2 years since 2017. I am very comfortable working my working environments. I love my job. It’s very independent but challenging. I had few difficulties when beginning but after I get use to my working schedule I feel very free and relaxing with my work. The managers are very nice and responsible.
I am working and part time employee, I hope I will get benefits soon in this company.

I hope to work long time with Lifelabs.
For the kind of job and health risk involved workers should be compensated way more. Not much appreciation given to employees even when you go above and beyond but quick to point out flaws.
It's a good place to work and I like the people there. The pay is ok and they give benefits even if you are just part-time. It's a fast-paced environment so you have to hustle!
Have only been there for 2 weeks so I do not have much of an opinion yet. This is my college placement and so far I am gaining experience in human medicine.
Supervisors don't have experience.. Favoritism from managers and supervisors. Schedule is crazy. some people are mean with new employees and they think they know everything
Pros
some people is good
Cons
Too much for salary