LifeLabs

LifeLabs Employee Reviews for Clinical Assistant

Clinical Assistant5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
You are definitely kept on your toes working for LifeLabs. Very busy and often short-staffed, but teamwork is amazing and your days go fast. You are entitled to plenty of vacation, but it is extremely difficult to get the dates you want when you have little seniority, especially during peak times (summer, Christmas, spring break). If you work closing shifts, expect to work overtime a lot. No shortage of hours for those who want to work.
Pros
Great co-workers. Opportunities to pick up hours. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Difficult to get time off. Labs often short-staffed. Some labs require you to work alone at times.
No one I work with regularly has any notion of what professional conduct is. Not my co-workers which rotate often because the management and culture is so uncaring and oppressive. Not the management that do not seem to have any idea what is going on most of the time. LieLabs would be a better name. The company doesn't care about employee's or accurate test results. I am leaving ASAP.
Lifelabs is an mediocre organization to work for. The management team is not trained very well and are hard to get a hold of. The hardest part of the job is trying to get time off.
I work for one of the largest medical company in Canada. We have patients lined up from 530 AM. Each day is challenging and different. I love my co workers and since I have been casual and work in different labs everyday I have adapted to each lab and my coworkers so its always a team work and every one is comfortable working with each other strength and weakness. My manager is the most professional and understanding person I have worked with. She is always welcoming if we have issues in the lab or with any of our schedules. I love my job because everyday I meet different people and its always a experience and also its multi tasking so I am always on my toes.
Pros
Coffee cards, chocolates, free lunches
Cons
Short staff in busy labs
It is a hectic place to work. You feel extremely overworked and most of the time its incredibly understaffed. The management is great and always willing to help but it can be very overwhelming at times.
Pros
Fast days
Cons
Depressing environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LifeLabs?