LifeLabs
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

LifeLabs Employee Reviews

Canada382 reviews

For warning, lots of coworkers and managements are snakes

First few weeks managers will be very nice to you same as some coworkers. However, some of them will be snakes. Will not help you at all or just put you down. Since I work remote is better not to talk to other coworkers. Unless is in team chat. Managers, will ask if you can shadow new agents or ask for other task and they will be happy. But if you message them, they barely response to you and just read your text without helping. I got hired for flyclear, and since this is temporary role, better to find another job. No benefits at all for temporary role. So your choice if you wanna take the risk.

Pros

Flexible schedule if you work last year

Cons

Managements, salary, no benefits

Cheap company

Company has poor management and is cheap toward its employees. Do not go above and beyond, because you will end up with more responsibilities than others while still getting paid the same. Job culture is lacking as most employees are Indian or Filipino. Workplace does not feel inclusive at all with everyone speaking in their own native language. However, if you are a student or fresh graduate, this company would be decent for gaining experience in the healthcare/medical field.

Insights into LifeLabs

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Best place to Grow

Place full of opportunity to learn new things and advance professionally. There are many positions open internally to advance. Management always support and appreciate.

Pros

Free Parking, Celebrations and benefits

Productive,fun working with employees

Excellent work ethic, good team, adjustable people specifically with new recruiter.Seniors are Excellent, always stand behind to help. I fell , I was lucky to be the part of LifeLabs.

Pros

Appreciation for work. Good working culture. Good salary.

Cons

Some aggressive patients, but the employees cannot reciprocate to their impatience.

LifeLabs is horrible

The culture is terrible. You are under intense pressure from management to put as many patients as you can through. Patient care takes a back seat to numbers. The computer system you need to learn is from 1981. It’s archaic and slow. Patients are angry and take it out on you, although it’s the culture that fosters the resentment. Do not work here. Work in a hospital instead.

good job

enjoyed my time there so i stayed for 25 and 1/2 years. It was mostly enjoy able to me to have been able to stay there that long. It was something I could do and so I stayed there

Nice place to work

HR is messy and desorganized but overall it is a good company to work with. The salary matches the role and the management is helpful and proactive to solve any issue.

Productive and good place to work to gain a experience at entry level

Good place to work to gain a experience in medical field and staff is very supportive and motivating.. easy interview process, supervisor are also very supportive

Pros

Good and supportive staff

Life sucking, inequalities, hazing, lazy advantage takers

Life sucking, inequalities, hazing, lazy advantage takersCo workers take advantage of your hard work while they slack & sit around, attitude of ok for them to do things but not you. Cell phone usage on company time, gossipy about others & gang up on you. Don’t work as team & help each other out, slack through out the day so closer has too much work end of day therefore has to stay till al is complete yet there tasks are only half done, such as minimal stocking. Am shift comes in and stock is not full while there are many patients waiting. Not worth that stress, anxiety, physical exhaustion from unprofessional lazy co workers.!!!!

Pros

Cons

Hazing, slackers, long hours, inequality, exhaustion, non ergonomic

good workplace

It is good workplace to work at but depends upon the manager it is not always great its hard for them to listen to their employees but most of the times it is fun place

productive

LifeLabs is a good place for graduated students. If you looking for a first job, this is the right place for you. Interview prosses is easy and fast and they pay for training.

Let Go

Was let go after being told I was doing a great job and less than a month after getting a raise. 1 week prior, told manager about an HR issue with employees. (They we’re all also let go due to “Lack of Job opportunities”) Mysterious.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Long Hours, don’t pay you for any overtime unless it’s 12 minutes +

LifeLabs is one the worst employers in Canada

Management treats employees like SLAVESDiscriminatory and toxic work environmentStressful and dangerous workplace* Please stay away from this employer

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Low Wages, Discriminatory and toxic work environment, Stressful and dangerous workplace, Treats employees like SLAVES

Hard and challenging job

Hard and challenging work. Proffessional environment but management is lacking leadership. Salaries are low but great proffessional development. Happy to help patients.

Stressful

Pros: Morning shifts.With benefits.Working as a team.Organize training for new hire.Cons:By seniority.Agressive patients.Micromanage co-worker (atleast in my lab)Work distribution not fare.- if you can multitask and work in a fast pace they will take advantage of that while the rest will slack offMentally draining.Working as team yet you will find yourself working alone.

Productive and fun place environment.

I have worked in so many places in Canada and my home country but never have I come across such a comfortable,understanding and homely environment. I had got into Dental Hygiene so I had to leave but always wish had never left

Stressful days

Fast and stressful days with COVID protocols, patients get mad at you for running behind schedule but don’t understand that every patient is different and some take longer than others for various reasons, patients also mad about COVID protocols but there’s only so much we can do. Otherwise it’s a fulfilling career to have and your days fly by.

Ok if you are looking for Permanent Part-time.

Is an ok place to work. The work itself is not too hard but everyone seems to be permanent part time, even those with 35+ hours and 15 years seniority. That sorta environment breeds a certain well F it kinda mentality. You won't be fired unless you do something horrible because they are so often chronically understaffed. The pandemic did nothing to help....

Pros

Very flexible hours. At least for me.

Cons

A frantic management, always understaffed.

Nice place with good benefits

I worked with nice coworkers and my supervisor was kind and fair. Workload was manageable.They provided free coffee on site.Their benefits are excellent however the pay needs to be more competitive

Benefits

Cons

Pay

It was good

It is good lab for blood work and ECG they deducted samples well i like it and enjoyed working my boss was nice lady and I really missed working there because I had ar acc I couldn't work for long time

Pros

Sometimes you get free time when bo ine is there

Cons

And sometimes is very busy overwhelming

Great trainning ground but very time demanding work

Great tranning ground for healthcare workers. Staff are very nice. But some tend to be grumpy. Supervisors have favoritism. IT IS VERY HARD TO GET A FULL TIME POSITION, not unless you are willing to wait for seniorities to retire which will take yearsssss. They ussually have raise of pay each year but expect lesser hour so the raise doesn't make a difference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeLabs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement