LifeLabs Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Placement for a Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON 101 Queensway13 September 2018
Disappointment
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
Regarding the work environment, there were red flags from the start of recruitment that persisted into the training period. There are individuals that create a toxic work environment by displaying favoritism and backstabbing. However, there are also individuals within the department and in LifeLabs that are genuinely good employees and team players. Does LifeLabs have the potential to be a top employer? Of course, it does, but LifeLabs really needs to reflect on the organization’s culture, reassess their onboarding processes and improve leadership guidance management.
Pros
open work concept layout and shuttle for parking lots
Cons
backstabbing
Management Versus Employees
Mobile Lab Patient Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto and Durham Region11 September 2018
Management's only goal is to have their employees fail. Or atleast have something on hand to use against the employee.

And some co-workers will even tatle tale on you.
Pros
Union?
Cons
Everything about the management.
High churn, lack of qualified leadership & poor culture
BD (Current Employee) –  BC5 September 2018
Operationally some very dedicated people however, leadership in all other areas is sorely lacking. Managing upwards is the only key to success needed. Culture is toxic, hopefully new CEO will help change this.
High paced and pressure to preform quickly, this jepordizes patient care.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 August 2018
Company treats employees and patients like numbers and not human beings. After 7 years with the company and excellent performance on my reviews I still could not secure a position and had to resign because of poor scheduling
Positive work enviroment
Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 August 2018
Always growing and learning within the company, everyone works together in a very positive enviroment all coming together for the same purpose, and there is room to grow and be noticed within the company.
good company,
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2018
enjoyed working there. lots of staff movement which is a difficult culture to work in. great management. i worked for directors and they were all fantaSTIC
HR department is an absolute mess! Stay CLEAR!
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2018
It's been a long time since I have encountered such a toxic environment within a department. The directors lack professionalism. They congratulate themselves on a job well done, completely dismissing the hard work of the team. There is a lot of back-stabbing and preferential treatment. Its a "who you know" environment and who likes you best. Managers are expected to work well over their 9-5 schedule and be at the back and call of the director. Just because you are hired to do a specific job, it does not mean you actually will as your role may change significantly. Directors pass you by on the hallway without even saying hello as if they are too good for you. It's sad.

It seems that the new CEO is taking a serious look at the culture as I see the Executive team changing. This change is necessary at the director level as well. There are a few that have been there significantly too long and feel that they cannot be touched. They treat their employees horribly and need to be let go in order for the culture to change. As it stands right now, this is a sinking ship. People are too afraid to even speak their mind as they fear for their job.
Pros
Met good people
Cons
No lunch breaks
Don"t work here
Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 July 2018
its sad that the management has zero respect for most of its employees
there is rampant favoritism
performance reviews are a joke
if you are sick you have to call 3 different people
they steal time from you with their Kronos time management, if you are late even a minute they dock you (and write u up) but do not pay you if you stay until its over 10 minutes!!!
micro management at its best
Cons
worked with some i say some great people
Productive and fun workplace with some nice staff members.
Medical Laboratory Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 July 2018
Usually the morning hours are pretty busy as there are more patients come for the tests that requires fasting. I got more experience with phlebotomy and ECG which I enjoy the most plus I also learned the communication skills and professionalism as well as courtesy as there were patients from wide variety of different cultures and ages. All the staff members were very friendly and helpful. I always felt part of them. They always guide me where I was lacking.And I completely appreciate that. I also enjoy looking at some Histology and Cytology samples and working with other body fluids. I really find them interesting. For the hardest part of the job I would say that sometime because of busy day i used to take late and short breaks.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Long hours and hard work
Never bored
Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 April 2018
You are definitely kept on your toes working for LifeLabs. Very busy and often short-staffed, but teamwork is amazing and your days go fast. You are entitled to plenty of vacation, but it is extremely difficult to get the dates you want when you have little seniority, especially during peak times (summer, Christmas, spring break). If you work closing shifts, expect to work overtime a lot. No shortage of hours for those who want to work.
Pros
Great co-workers. Opportunities to pick up hours. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Difficult to get time off. Labs often short-staffed. Some labs require you to work alone at times.
Good professional workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON15 April 2018
I enjoyed working for this modern progressive company. There was plenty of opportunity for growth and to learn new skills. I especially enjoyed the camaraderie as encouraged by management. There was a very healthy and encouraging workplace culture in the entire lab.
N/a
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 April 2018
This is not a great place to work. The people are miserable and tired. There is too much change administered by directors with no change management processes in place.
Pay is a joke
Former Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON2 April 2018
The pay is something to be desired. This job is huge responsibility and importance of job does not reflect the pay! The pay scale is a joke. No wonder this company can’t keep good people and employee turnover is huge. How can they not realize this??? Once people realize the inadequate pay for the responsibilities this courier job comes with they’re out of there. If they paid better, maybe people would stick around. Poor management too would not recommend a job here.
Cons
High demand
Worst place I have ever worked.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
I would never suggest this company as a workplace. This company only cares about themselves and how they appear to their patients. No care for employees who care for the patients. The hourly wage does not come close to being adequate for the work provided or for living costs. Full time positions are dying out to the two-part-time-positions syndrome.
productive and good work place
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 March 2018
•Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there. good working atmosphere, and protect patient information, learn new skills.
Busy environment with plenty of room to learn more
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
It was a good place to practice my skills. Staff where friendly and I enjoyed learning phlebotomy and performing ECGs. Although I was there for six weeks I learned quite a lot.
Feels like factory work
Lab patient technician (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON8 March 2018
It feels like you’re working on an assembly line. Like you’re running around in circles the entire shift but also talking the entire time with no breaks for water. You are chastised for taking longer than 3 minutes to take blood. You will work 9.5 hours or longer with only ONE half hour break. If you value all the hard work you did in school, do not work here.
Cons
Long hours, limited breaks, horrible training experience
LifeLabs Courier
Courier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 February 2018
Part time!
Great place to work. management work around your schedule when possible. Pay is above most place's for a courier. I have worked here for 10 years and never have a problem with staff or management. Vehicles are kept in good working order summer and winter. Online training is provided almost monthly and driver training is top notch.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
very stressful place to work for. always understaffed. never knew what location they will put you at through out the day. when sick,find own coversge
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
Everyone trying to chum up to supervisors because you know you can lose your job in minute. No advancement, and noone cares how long you've been there
Pros
paid holidays, vacation if full time paid
Cons
short staff, managememt is not good, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeLabs. Our community is ready to answer.