LifeLabs

LifeLabs Employee Reviews

Canada194 reviews
I got through via agency. I was promise a position after the required hours for probation. After I did the required hours , they took six months for me to get a opening. And after all that I didn’t get in. Work for a year and half, job was easy but really annoying. Management would never come to our site and I was there for a year and half never met the manager of your site. Pay was low and it was almost impossible to get full time
Pros
Easy nobody bothering you
Cons
Low pay, false promises, very cheap company, impossible to get full time
You will be forced to perform illegal activities. Management will scream at you for trying to say no. Basic lab safety rules are not followed. Staff are not actually trained in procedures, nor do they follow them. Management will threaten staff who try to bring up concerns.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Illegal treatment, bullying, harassment, threats, failure to train
The company allowed you the opportunity to grow and advance but it also was able to let you go without any warning. Loyalty was not taken into the equation.
Pros
Allowed advancement from within.
Cons
No job security.
I’m working there about a hear and a half and I know mostly everything, of course I’m still learning during the job, cause there are a lot of stuff to know
They were doing the right thing and asked questions appropriately. They gave you enough time to answer and think about what you have to said. They will bring out the best in you.
us usual els were for labor workers gates,
the inside the worker (officers) gate good salary benefits,

the labor workers work hard in good and bed wether climate and gate not enough salary and full-time work, and not on time salary increment benefits.happen.
Pros
non
Cons
part timer
As a float, you will meet different types of people to work with, as long as you are open to communicate and work with them a typical day would go smoothly.
Life labs is a great company to work for... I love that I work straight days and no weekends! Your day is busy so it goes fast! Everyone works as a team.
Had a great experience working at LifeLabs. Great work life balance. Employees respect each other. Great health benefits too. Would recommend anyone to at LifeLabs.
As a part time employee (which means casual in the world of LifeLabs, and you are not guaranteed a schedule) you are a work mule. You can work more then full time staff depending on if they are short staffed or not. You can start your day at one location, than have to move to another to fill a shift. If you request to have less shifts and have an availability change management asks a lot of questions as to why. Maybe more part time (regular) and full time positions should be issued to new candidates if more of the schedule for locations need to be filled. Pay is very low, when you can start in a hospital for almost $4/hr more. As a part time (casual) employee you are not entitled to benefits which isn't far when you are working as much or more than a part time (regular) employee.

The company in a whole really needs to reevaluate the structure. A lot of problems with staffing can be solved with a higher pay scale and making part time (regular) and full time positions available to those who want set schedules. Part time (casual) positions should not be the working mules behind the company to keep it afloat. These employees should be used as fillers for the employees who take holidays, and to pick up sick calls so you are not short staffed. Overall would not work here again, and would not recommend to anyone.
They keep saying that they don't want to be reliant on Government, yet they don't understand how to deliver a great customer experience. They are just trying to milk their cash cow and aren't innovative enough to transform.
The company that give you chances of growth and success. Being the number one company in Canada, you will find lots of opportunities to start your career.
Saw a lot people come and go during my time.
There is a culture of scapegoating and I saw the same situations re-occurring. Management has no ability to reflect and learn from previous experience. Employees get very little support. The people that stay here receive and accept the emotional abuse that is part of the lifelabs experience.
The best work experience in Canada. I loved the workplace and the relationship with my coworkers. I hope to back this job specially because I still have plans in Canada, now with my family. I recommend this company!
Pros
Good shifts and accommodations
Cons
Non so far
Great place to hone any phlebotomy skills and be truly introduced to the healthcare field. Having to collaborate with fellow employees, doctor offices and lab employees at main lab creates a team environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
No one I work with regularly has any notion of what professional conduct is. Not my co-workers which rotate often because the management and culture is so uncaring and oppressive. Not the management that do not seem to have any idea what is going on most of the time. LieLabs would be a better name. The company doesn't care about employee's or accurate test results. I am leaving ASAP.
I work out of 6 different locations and every one is fast paced and keeps your going all day. it is a great company to work for, having benefits and being part of a union.
Pros
able to pick up more hours at different locations
Cons
pay
I met some experts in different department in IT. Nice diverse workplace culture and the nice place to learn and work. Lots of cutting-edged projects are running there.
It is a fast paced environnemnt dealing with patients, clients, internal and external customers and the products they deliver to your workspace. The staff is great, very friendly.
Productive, client-centered, culturally diverse and professional place to work.
High volume work with training and support provided to work efficiently.
Worked hard for 12 years now as a Medical Laboratory Assistant and want to explore in new fields to acquire more knowledge and experience in healthcare