LifeLabs

LifeLabs Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment. Lots of opportunities to grow professionally. Straight shift and caters the need for family oriented individuals. Lots of opportunities to work at different Lab departments and also at different shifts.Friendly people to work with. Great leaders/ excellent management.
Pros
Free parking and paid 100% CMLTO registration
Cons
Challenging job. Lots of responsibilities therefore sometimes working long hours
During my time at LifeLabs I met very few people who were genuinely respectful and nice. Everyone seems to be in their own bubble and do not acknowledge others. Company culture is probably the worst I've experienced and there is no support or respect from management whatsoever. Expect to have no work life balance and be working extra long hours. Extremely high turnover.
Pros
location
Cons
long hours, no work life balance, company culture, low pay, no support from management
Lifelabs will use and abuse you, my team was told we were the most important workers in the company and then they gave a retention bonus to another team. It's union in BC but doesn't feel like a union. Most of us work here cause we have to not because we want to. The leadership team is a joke . management is overpaid and useless.stay away from this company
Pros
Non
Cons
Underpaid and over worked
I gave my all to this company. I helped cross train people from CML at many different locations. I went out of my way to help make things more efficient. I had the patients at the front of my mind always. Lifelabs didn’t like that I spent time with the patients. They only wanted speed and productivity. Things are always so rushed many mistakes are made and no one takes responsibility for them. Nursing homes and retirement homes told me they liked me best because of my patient care. Lifelabs told me I was too slow
Pros
Not many
Cons
No home/work balance. No appreciation shown. No encouragement. Lots of negativity from bosses
It used to be a decent company till it became Lifelabs- now big careless corporation No management support, especially supervisorsChristmas parties 8n January!Cutting benefits every new contract
This is the best company in the medical Laboratory field to work with. They supervisors are amazing, work life balance it great. Pay and benefits are amazing and fair. I love Lifelabs Toronto, hope I can work for them again.
Taking advantage of employee. Favor for people that they like. Toxic environment. poor salary. poor management. stressful work environment. micromanaging.
I’m working in a contract position for 3 months with possibly continued contract. I enjoy the newly created position assisting with screening and registering customers and directing them to the correct area for service.
Pros
Scedhule
Cons
No benefits or job security
I worked at Lifelabs for a while. Management was decent, but I was kicked to the curb the second I wasn’t required. Part time means 40 hours a week here, a lot of highway driving and you are encouraged to take your time. Other drivers are mostly semi retired men, always kind to your face and the training from them was top tier. However, workplace culture is all about snitching about issues big or small. Just remember, the benefits are good, but the overall job is not worth it. I would not recommend applying or working here.
Pros
Relaxed work, very minimal
Cons
Toxic workplace, poor management
Overall work environment is unfair and stressful. Staff morale is really down. First day on job I was told that staff were going to walk off job due to management lack of guidance. Staff turnover is bad and management doesn’t care about staff. I am trying to get into hospital as soon as I can . Lifelabs is not a good place to work. I hate it here !
Pros
Cons
Lucky to have a lunch break by 2 pm, .forced to work overtime or next week you have no shifts as casual person. Management sucks
These people don't care about where you live and long hour sometimes less hour and changes of routes so if are part time regular courier please read your agreement
During these tough times of the Coronavirus, management has decided to be emotionally abusive towards employees, so people will quit and they don't have to lay them off instead. Not a nice way to treat people who are loyal. Pay is not great. Would be a good job if management wasn't so abusive.
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
Not managed well
It has been couple of months since I started working in Lifelabs. I’m very happy working Here, people are great and very helpful. I feel this is the good place to grow and develop
Pros
Great place to grow
You will be forced to perform illegal activities. Management will scream at you for trying to say no. Basic lab safety rules are not followed. Staff are not actually trained in procedures, nor do they follow them. Management will threaten staff who try to bring up concerns.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Illegal treatment, bullying, harassment, threats, failure to train
I got through via agency. I was promise a position after the required hours for probation. After I did the required hours , they took six months for me to get a opening. And after all that I didn’t get in. Work for a year and half, job was easy but really annoying. Management would never come to our site and I was there for a year and half never met the manager of your site. Pay was low and it was almost impossible to get full time
Pros
Easy nobody bothering you
Cons
Low pay, false promises, very cheap company, impossible to get full time
The company allowed you the opportunity to grow and advance but it also was able to let you go without any warning. Loyalty was not taken into the equation.
Pros
Allowed advancement from within.
Cons
No job security.
I’m working there about a hear and a half and I know mostly everything, of course I’m still learning during the job, cause there are a lot of stuff to know
They were doing the right thing and asked questions appropriately. They gave you enough time to answer and think about what you have to said. They will bring out the best in you.
us usual els were for labor workers gates, the inside the worker (officers) gate good salary benefits, the labor workers work hard in good and bed wether climate and gate not enough salary and full-time work, and not on time salary increment benefits.happen.
Pros
non
Cons
part timer
As a float, you will meet different types of people to work with, as long as you are open to communicate and work with them a typical day would go smoothly.
Life labs is a great company to work for... I love that I work straight days and no weekends! Your day is busy so it goes fast! Everyone works as a team.
  1. Employee reviews