Life Time Employee Reviews

Always keep busy
Facility Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 July 2018
Club is always busy, especially in the evenings, staffing in department could be better, lots of laundry to do, locker room needs constant attention, members aren't always all respectful of the club.
Did 120 hour co-op and enjoyed it for the most part
Co-op/Field (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 June 2018
During my course with Lifetime I really got to learn about the fitness industry. The main thing with this industry as is with any industry in that it is a business first and foremost. You can know everything about exercise science and nutrition but if you cant sell yourself than you will not make it in the industry. The facility itself is very clean and the machinery and gym equipment is for sure top of the line. The Management is great, but you have to keep the sales up or they will get rid of you.
Pros
Free use of the facility and it really is the best facility
Cons
pressure to make sales
Love this place!!!!!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2018
One of the very few places that I have worked at and can honestly say that I enjoy it. People complain about management but don't realize that this is an American company and they are still fairly new to Canada. It will take time to work out the kinks and for them to understand Canadian laws/cultures. Having been there awhile, there have been many changes and the company is progressing in the right direction.
Pros
Too many to list
No day is the same
Manager (Current Employee) –  ON29 April 2018
Great environment to work in. Surrounded by passionate team members. Some days it does not feel like work at all. Some days can be stressful. Culture at Life Time is very dependent on Management team's ability to lead. Most rewarding part of the job is seeing Members happy and having a great experience.
Pros
Fulfilling, great environment
Cons
Can be stressful, Work/Life Balance is inconsistent.
Ok for a first job
Locker Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 February 2018
management could be way better, staff is not well taken care of. To be quite honest its like working with a bunch of high school jocks and children. Promises are made to move up but none of that ever happens.
Coworkers were okay at best and management only cared about the numbers
Spa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 December 2017
Other than the free gym membership and some coworkers, it was not a good job. You had to act a certain way and were expected to do more work than what your actual role was. You are always watched even if you think you are not. Also there are no warnings. If you do something they dislike once you are done. I did not feel like I learned or grew as a person here at all.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No breaks, bad mamagement
Great family place
Felicity Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON1 November 2017
Very busy work place. You get to meet a lot of new faces. Helping others with their fitness goals and lifestyles. I have worked in many different departments over the years at life time. Each department has taught me new things and I have enjoy all departments of Life Time.
Productive Film Company
Assistant Costume Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 June 2017
Loved working with this crew, very welcoming, hard working and know how to produce a film! Great Production Manager, and amazing experience. Hope to work on it in the future.
Competetive Wages
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 June 2017
Wage expectation is competitive with comparative retirement homes. The residents are amazing and staff work great together. Sometimes it can be difficult to provide safe consistent care due to under staffing.
State of the art facility with amazing members
Lifeguard & Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2017
 Established exceptional interpersonal skills and oral communication skills, by providing instructions, ideas and addressing obstacles with content and style appropriate for the audience
 Generated excellent data collection and auditing skills by listing the progression of students, as well as recording attendance after every class once a week
 Formulated superior coaching and mentoring skills, by providing constructive criticism to students regarding their progression, in order to improve technique and ability
Decent, average work, great coworkers
Café Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2017
A decent experience, poor Cafe head at the time, I am unsure about the new one. For a typical day, make food, smoothies and clean. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with rushes, most enjoyable part was having a great group of co workers. Fast pace work environment.
Overrated company to work for
Former PT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2017
As many have written long hours, under pay, no appreciation.

At the end of the day they push you to sell things that members may not necessarily need. It is always about making sales & hitting a number. If you are single with no family, no other commitments than this job is for you.
Pros
Use of the facility
Cons
To many to list.
Horrible Company
Aquatic Dept. (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
Overworked and under paid. Very little job security.
Worked for 2 years and many members are demanding. Way to many spoiled children that have no respect for staff members. Work as a the assistant manager / team member.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario18 January 2017
Willing to put in the hours and keep getting pushed to do more then this is for you. Minimum 50 hour weeks, little pay and appreciation for what you do.
Great Company
Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN12 June 2016
Awesome supervisors and great facility. Learned teamwork and time management. Overall not too difficult and very accommodating to new employees.
Lifespa in mississaga
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2016
There is no chance to be full time workers for benefits.

They don't pay hourly rates.

After 2 months, Aestheticians have to work with only Commission.

There are too much Aestheticians in a spa. There aren't enough clients.

Aestheticians can't make money for their living.

I don't believe they are the big company.....

I don't understand their management way.... Are we in Canada ?

I feel that we live in 3rd world.....
Pros
Modern style interior
Cons
Underpaid, cleaning jobs without payment, no benefits, poor management
lots of perks
LifeSpa Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 April 2016
Working at lifetime fitness comes with alot of perks.
Free gym membership, low discounted prices on the salon (if you work there as i did) and in the food area. And did i mention a free gym membership! That means access to majority the classes they have, using their gym equipment and the pools!
A comprehensive health and lifestyle fitness center offering personalized approach to health and wellness.
Swimming Instructor/Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2016
-Relaxed environment
- Learned how to enforce rules and ensure safety
- Teaching swimming lessons to young children and seeing their progress
Life guard/swim instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2016
My co-workers are very helpful with getting things done and getting chemical checks done on time. The hardest part is watching people and making sure everyone is safe and does not get hurt while in the water. The most enjoyable is the co-workers there.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no cons
Love it!
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  Group Fitness25 September 2015
Teaching Yoga is not a FULL time career. I am looking for a FULL-Time career/job.

Life Time is a GREAT place to work. I love my team and our members. I love being there...for work, fun and play! its AWESOME!!
Pros
Family environment...LOVE my team and our members!
Cons
Part-time hours only.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time. Our community is ready to answer.