Life Labs

Life Labs Employee Reviews

Only reason for leaving was management complacentcy, would still be there if the previous supervisor was still there . Pulled a lab tech to run logistics , quite a joke.
Pros
Left on your own.
Cons
Left on your own alot
Not a place to work for serious career seekers. Management is very poor in taking decisions and supervisors are biased and shows favoritism in every decisions even in hiring.
Life labs is a great lab to work for people are very friendly you need to be up to date with new policies new training I got nothing bad to said about this company I will recommend specially to new graduates
Pros
Lots of hour
Cons
Only part time they never hired full time
This workplace had taught me to work in teams as well as a group. Interaction with the team members will always enlighten my brain. The management is very systematic.
Great place to work. There is always something new to learn. I enjoy meeting and helping patients everyday and helping make a difference in their day to day life!
Terrible management, unfair treatment, union side is a farce, different wages for union employees.. pump patients through as fast as u can and forget about good old fashion compassion.
Good team environment and culture is good. Skills learnt are useful and can be added to the skill set required in a lab environment. Quality is the focus and patient experience is always a priority, whereby creating a strong culture.
Very negative environment. Especially being new into this field. No job security even when u work so hard to fit in. Horrible experience! Considering it is a very fast paced environment. Coworkers are rude and two faced
Good place to learn as a new technician, but the demands and high volume of patients in a day make it very stressful. With over 200 ptatients per day, it felt like working at a factory.
always felt that there was anger in all that worked there, patients said to me that there is finally someone who is happy here, everyone is always miserable.
Pros
Cons
miserable co workers
The Manager and supervisor are both UNPROFESSIONAL and demeaning to the staff. They shout at the staff and always makes indications that they are above them. They are DEMORALIZING. A HORRIBLE ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN.
Good company to work for. Very busy. Great dispatch team. You have the opportunity to learn and build up your experience in logistics and transportation.
Flexible place to work, nice people, well organized. Fast pace environment. I learned a lot and I would love to go back to keep upgrading my skills .
is a good place to work vary fast paced and make sure you know test requirements etc. co workers are great and fun to work with and be around. we can joke around and have fun
work environment is good.good team work. and independent work is more supported. and work from home is given. with best salary and benefits, health is our priority. That’s why our goal is to provide caring, efficient, reliable, and high-quality testing services to support you in effectively managing your health. LifeLabs is the largest provider of specialty laboratory testing services in Canada. Together with our partners, we provide national access to specialized clinical tests.
As a data Analyst always work with objective oriented task, Team is very good, supervisor and management support all the employees and agency workers. Confidentiality and Integrity is major factor when dealing with Medical record data, enough internet security to protect data tampering or stealing. Over all great place to work.
I did my practicum at lifelabs and it was good. Learned alot working in the real world , at times it was a bit challengeing but it was good over all..
Very cooperative management and provide continuing learning. Learnt a lot in quality management and its importance in Daily life as a MLT. Participated in Diagnostic Accreditation Program in North America which helped me grow.
enjoyed working with the staff at different offices and driving to all the locations though out Vancouver and Fraser Valley. dismantling old computers and installing and testing new computers. And working with the I T specialists.5 days per week.
Admin tasks were typical of any office The culture was not ideal at an executive level I do not wish to comment any further I do not wish to comment
Realistically this is a foot in the door kindve place. you'll meet some nice people and your bad ones as you will in all workplaces. All of this could be biased but this is what my experience is like. personally I wouldn't want to settle down for a place like this . Scheduling: I usually get full time hours even though my position description says 20 maximum. I have no problem, because I get a weekly scheduling in advanced.. well sometimes i do but occasionally they wont send you a weekly schedule and expect you to have no plans for that week and can call you at any moment to work. If you refuse they wont give you any hours and begin to be passive aggressive. One of the scheduling managers are very rude and bipolar which makes it impossible to get a break. When you work for them last minute they're very nice but it's impossible to ask them for a Last minute favour without getting backlash. Relationships: Everyone is mostly kind but you can see the tension between some workers and sometimes try to bring you in it. Alot of the older staff are patient but there is always one person at a location that blames the part timer or float for mistakes which makes it difficult to learn. Most locations are always understaffed and scheduling management is picky with hours. Manamegent is okay like in some cases but depending on your supervisor, your opinion isnt valued. occasionally you get free meals. Some supervisors are really nice and approachable and othere are unorganized and rude. Same thing with scheduling supervisors. The Lab manager for my region I've only met once but is - more...
Pros
working environment can be good
Cons
scheduling supervisors act upon their moods
  1. Employee reviews