Life Labs Employee Reviews

No Opportunity to be promoted
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2019
There is no way to move up in the company. Constantly switching roles and constant changes. Management has changed several times. The workplace culture is ethnic and fun
Horrible
Laboratory patient technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2019
No one wanted to work as a team and they all talked bad about each other. They made their own groups against each other. Always overworked and understaffed.
Pros
Having a day off
Good One
Lab Patient Technician/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON24 February 2019
Great work environment good place to learn for new graduates. Friendly co-workers, good updated facilities, safety first, good communication, better work-life balance than most organizations
Cons
Salary not upto the standard.
Fun Environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 October 2018
I got to experience many different patient types in a relaxed comfortable environment. Great experience I really enjoyed my time spent here. I learnt many great skills during my time at Life Labs.
Good place to work for
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2018
A typical day at work I usually greet the patients as they arrived check the ohip form regarding what tests their having matched their form with health card and ask them first to have a sit while I process their ohip form.Once its process i call in the patient with their fullname and check all the information if I got the right person and correct data then I proceed to do phlebotomy or ECG if needed.I have learned that doing everything right the first time,it helps me manage my time by not going back to correct any mistakes over again and it also helps my co-workers to do the workflow as we are a team.The hardest part of the job if its so busy but at the end of the day I am happy because I help others and I enjoy it.I love working with people especially helping in anyways i could.It is my passion.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
very busy locations and not enough staff
Customer Skills
EMPLOYMENT/VOLUNTEERING HISTORY (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 August 2018
Busy environment!
Fast paced work!
Excellent customer service!
Good working experience
Strategic work
Attendance must be punctual
Enough parking space!
Pros
Free Lunch
Its a good company
Lab. Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 May 2018
Its a good company, Good Management,
they look after their employees,
Working hours and Benefts are good
Good Workplace culture
We enoy work as a team
no thank you
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2018
i would not recommend working here unless you have no were left to go. the computer programs are at lest 20 years (if not more ) out of date and they care nothing for there front line workers.
Pros
Cons
expected to be advallable all day but get very few hours
Good opportunity of work,
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
Good opportunity of work for the new students to learn new things for his/her carrier. They work like a good hard-working team. Good customer service.
Pros
Good job opportunities
Cons
It's hard to get a job at Life lab especially for the new comers.
Lifelabs
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Admin. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 April 2018
All of a sudden you go from working full time hours to 20 hours per week and your boss will not change that. She instead give new people all the full time hours that you deserve
life labs
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2018
Pros
I really enjoyed my time at LifeLabs. The team was great, and I had a very supportive manager. I felt like my contributions were appreciated and my work was valued.
Cons
The company seemed to operate in silos. Although I know I had the support of my own manager, it felt like there was a lot of distrust at the senior management level.
Advice to Management
When an issue arises, please get all the facts from all people involved before making assumptions and rash decisions.
If you have any choice of employers,, take the other one!
assistant (Former Employee) –  west coast4 January 2018
Gone are the days when the focus of the work environment was on teamwork. Back each other up , your common goal is the patient.
Focus now is covering your back. Make an error and you are on your own. "Investigated" and "disciplined". No one will back you up.
They are afraid to.
Pros
could be an amazing learning environment
Cons
NO support for front line employees...
Nice
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Productive experience, Good to learn product and experience with client and product team. if you like to travel its a good organization to move your client to client.
It is always was tim work
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is you learn new things every day,
clean environment. Everyone use EPP. I enjoy working there and hoped to be full time there.
Pros
No free Lunch
Cons
good hours
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 March 2017
Working at Life Labs was a great place to work at. The staff was nice to work with. It was also a busy lab. From preparing specimens for processing from doctors offices and the walk ins performing blood draws, working as a team was extremely important. Centrifuging the specimens, pouring off specimens and preparing them for send out for special testing locations.
Fast paced envirnoment
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 January 2017
Life Labs is one of the top labs in Canada generating a great volume of patients each day. Life labs offers a variety of current and up to date tests.
Poor Culture
CTA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2017
Poor Culture, Lack of support from senior leadership. Expected to work long hours. No work life balance. Very unsatisfied employees
Friendly work environment.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2016
Good managers to work with and potentials for growth.
Excellent team environment, work life balance.
Diversity in culture, open communication.
a good place to work
MLAT (externship) - Life Labs 5293 Hwy. 7, Markham (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 August 2016
secure place to work and the staff are brilliant, hands on and very knowlegeble and helfull. The patients are polite. Highly recommended
Pros
fun to work
Cons
a bit of a driving for me
Productive and a busy environment
Customer Care Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
A fair company to work with, they provide competitive salary and benefits and always busy, long hours overtime always available
Pros
twice a year BBQ
Cons
always busy