Lids Employee Reviews

J’ai adorer mon stage
Vente et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC14 June 2018
J’ai adorer mon stage étudiant ! J’ai aquéri de l’experience de travail.
Pros
J’ai appris des choses
Great
Sales Associate/Embroidery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 May 2018
Loved working here, fast paced working environment meeting a ton of great people. I loved everyone I worked with and learned a lot with this company. Would come back.
Very fun place to work had a great time
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
At lids, it was a very great environment, as I was able to interact with customers and always have a conversation about sports. I learned a lot at lids as it taught me how to manage other employees and make sure the store is at its best. All of the co-workers are very enthusiastic people and made coming into work very enjoyable. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the customers on a daily basis. Overall, this job was a very great experience.
Terrible.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON25 April 2018
i wasn't trained. sexist and racist manager. barely any days off. i was always ridiculed for my appearance. it was a very hostile and angry work environment.
Pros
work alone
Cons
bad environment
Very down to earth work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2018
I enjoy working the hockey games and concerts, just with there was more opportunity for more shifts to come up. It is a great work place and very open with availability.
avoir du plaisir a travailler
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC9 March 2018
le personnel est très agréable. Beaucoup d'avantage sociaux.
Pros
équipe possitive
Cons
salaire peut élever pour le travail a faire
Can be a fun job, upper management is hard to deal with.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC21 February 2018
I worked with Lids for almost 2 years while going through school. Hours were pretty easy to get if I needed them, and my coworkers were always great. It was a good working experience. However, no benefits for anyone but management, and pay was quite low. Promotions to anything above key holder is quite infrequent, and should not be expected. After working there for that long I was barely making above minimum wage. All of the managers I talked to became quickly frustrated with District Managers and most others above store level. From my experience this job is great as something "for now", but it is not something worth a long term time investment.
Good stuff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2018
When I started management was good, never was really in contact with the head office group or the district manager, and then when the manager quit everything went awful. We were left on our own with little experience and the new manager was not so good.
Lids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral ridge mall, IA18 January 2018
I love hats and sports, I learned so much there about customers, sales, products and more. The management is great They can teach you about responsibilities
Terrible Management, Fun Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
The management at Lids is very cliquey, disrespectful, and only care about their own hours. My personal manager had not even graduated high school and target me due to my Weekly Statistics being within the top 10 compared to her being top 30. Instead of being rewarded for hard work, I was basically punished.

I worked for 2 other locations as well and found the same issues unfortunately.

I would love to work for the company again, but my personal manager was not suited for the job.
Pros
Embroidery, Hats, and Fun Envrionment
Cons
Terrible Management, No Advancement, Low Pay
Great place to work as a Part time employee
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chinook, AB17 December 2017
Lids was really good place to work. Some of the best colleagues but less pay and no benefits. Some stores do have the embroidery machines which will keep the store busy.
Pros
great discounts on hats and on other banners that are owned by the same company.
Cons
gets busy every weekend but no extra help from the management.
No advancement opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada29 November 2017
Company preaches brand loyalty, but does not develop and promote from within. Many more than capable candidates have come and gone due to this. Will set up a "plan" to develop, but there is never any follow up, or commitment to it.
Student Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2017
As a sales associate, this was an ideal student job. If you are knowledgeable of teams in the 4 major professional sports leagues, and have an inclination for sports apparel, this job is for you.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2017
Amazing employees, very kind and helpful, great hours and no matter the problem it will always be fixed, the manager I had was a incredably amazing woman, she helped me out in so many ways that it made me a better person
Pros
Discount
Not applicable
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 October 2017
Requiring those looking for employment to submit reviews of either current or previous employers is unethical. Requesting is one thing, but requiring is another.
dont remember
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Botwood, NL19 October 2017
its been too long to give a fair or reasonable review. I worked there and built my personal skills that have been helpful since then. I build my knowledge and capabilities
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
nice co-workers and a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
Management and work life balance is great.However, job security is shaky.40 hours of work per week is not secured. You get to send home when when its not busy. Overall, it is a fun and great place to work.
nice place to work if you aren't looking to move up
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2017
noticed that the company likes to hire from outside and not promote within. A nice place to be if you like sports. I find that the company see's you more as a number than an individual.
easy to apply
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 September 2017
for customer services it is easy to get carried away with all your friends walking in and out but truth is customer service is one of the best jobs that I ever took
fun place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 August 2017
great place to work making custom hats and selling all brands of caps and such Is good fun. you find a lot of loyal returning custmers in a store like this

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.