Lids Employee Reviews

Found 112 reviews matching the search See all 1,266 reviews
Good if you have zero aspiration
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
Lids is fun place to work solely for the product. If you have no aspiration of doing anything else in your life, then by all means... apply to Lids. There is little to no room for growth within the company; always preferring to hire outside of the company as opposed to internally. You are treated as just another number in the system, corporate and management could never remember half of staff's names, nor did they care to try.
Good working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2018
-Management was nice and flexible with schedules
-Easy to learn all the steps and procedures
-Good/Easy communication between worker and employer
-Fun workplace
good part time job to have but not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 July 2018
-great place to advance into corporate
-management is easy-going, so are the employees
-discount is 40% off, allowed to stack discounts (if theres a sale price, 40% off employee discount is added)
-customers tend to be pretty friendly, just have a general knowledge of product info
Pros
discount is 40% off including sale items, flexible hours, fun coworkers
Cons
not a lot of hours offered
J’ai adorer mon stage
Vente et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC14 June 2018
J’ai adorer mon stage étudiant ! J’ai aquéri de l’experience de travail.
Pros
J’ai appris des choses
Great
Sales Associate/Embroidery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 May 2018
Loved working here, fast paced working environment meeting a ton of great people. I loved everyone I worked with and learned a lot with this company. Would come back.
Very fun place to work had a great time
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
At lids, it was a very great environment, as I was able to interact with customers and always have a conversation about sports. I learned a lot at lids as it taught me how to manage other employees and make sure the store is at its best. All of the co-workers are very enthusiastic people and made coming into work very enjoyable. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the customers on a daily basis. Overall, this job was a very great experience.
Terrible.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON25 April 2018
i wasn't trained. sexist and racist manager. barely any days off. i was always ridiculed for my appearance. it was a very hostile and angry work environment.
Pros
work alone
Cons
bad environment
Day and a life at lids
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 April 2018
A day for me at lids was pretty average clock in for around 830 an get the store ready for opening with either myself or one of my coworkers probably my manger. Throughout the day we continuously made sure the store was clean and presentable while helping costumers effectively find the products that best suit their needs.
Pros
Meeting new people while gaining experience
Cons
finding things to do during dead hours
Very down to earth work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2018
I enjoy working the hockey games and concerts, just with there was more opportunity for more shifts to come up. It is a great work place and very open with availability.
avoir du plaisir a travailler
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC9 March 2018
le personnel est très agréable. Beaucoup d'avantage sociaux.
Pros
équipe possitive
Cons
salaire peut élever pour le travail a faire
Can be a fun job, upper management is hard to deal with.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC21 February 2018
I worked with Lids for almost 2 years while going through school. Hours were pretty easy to get if I needed them, and my coworkers were always great. It was a good working experience. However, no benefits for anyone but management, and pay was quite low. Promotions to anything above key holder is quite infrequent, and should not be expected. After working there for that long I was barely making above minimum wage. All of the managers I talked to became quickly frustrated with District Managers and most others above store level. From my experience this job is great as something "for now", but it is not something worth a long term time investment.
Good stuff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2018
When I started management was good, never was really in contact with the head office group or the district manager, and then when the manager quit everything went awful. We were left on our own with little experience and the new manager was not so good.
Lids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral ridge mall, IA18 January 2018
I love hats and sports, I learned so much there about customers, sales, products and more. The management is great They can teach you about responsibilities
Terrible Management, Fun Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
The management at Lids is very cliquey, disrespectful, and only care about their own hours. My personal manager had not even graduated high school and target me due to my Weekly Statistics being within the top 10 compared to her being top 30. Instead of being rewarded for hard work, I was basically punished.

I worked for 2 other locations as well and found the same issues unfortunately.

I would love to work for the company again, but my personal manager was not suited for the job.
Pros
Embroidery, Hats, and Fun Envrionment
Cons
Terrible Management, No Advancement, Low Pay
Great place to work as a Part time employee
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chinook, AB17 December 2017
Lids was really good place to work. Some of the best colleagues but less pay and no benefits. Some stores do have the embroidery machines which will keep the store busy.
Pros
great discounts on hats and on other banners that are owned by the same company.
Cons
gets busy every weekend but no extra help from the management.
No advancement opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada29 November 2017
Company preaches brand loyalty, but does not develop and promote from within. Many more than capable candidates have come and gone due to this. Will set up a "plan" to develop, but there is never any follow up, or commitment to it.
Student Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2017
As a sales associate, this was an ideal student job. If you are knowledgeable of teams in the 4 major professional sports leagues, and have an inclination for sports apparel, this job is for you.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2017
Amazing employees, very kind and helpful, great hours and no matter the problem it will always be fixed, the manager I had was a incredably amazing woman, she helped me out in so many ways that it made me a better person
Pros
Discount
Not applicable
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 October 2017
Requiring those looking for employment to submit reviews of either current or previous employers is unethical. Requesting is one thing, but requiring is another.
dont remember
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Botwood, NL19 October 2017
its been too long to give a fair or reasonable review. I worked there and built my personal skills that have been helpful since then. I build my knowledge and capabilities
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.