Lids Employee Reviews

Canada146 reviews
Relaxed environment and fun workplace.
Working at Lids has given me good experience in the retail industry and has allowed me to learn numerous skills along with benefitting my social skills. The hat customization is a cool feature and it has been overall a relaxed yet good experience.
Pros
Relaxed, quick to learn, simple
Cons
Becomes boring
Fast paced, engaging retail work
Working at lids shifts are typically 4-8 hours and depending on availability. Great team to work with, even though its fast paced, environment is still positive and relaxed. I enjoy working at lids!
n/a
Lids is a fun, energetic and competitve retail atmosphere. They have great developmental programs and do they're best to promote internally. The Canadian team is very attentive and people forwards.
Not Much room for advancement
Low Paying, Not much room to advance in the company. Good for young workers as a first job. Not recommended for long term employment as the pay is not the best
Waste of time
The company was sold last year and now solely exists to exploit its staff and cut costs, the head office and management might be some of the most morally reprehensible people I've ever had to displeasure of meeting, they cut hours ,bonuses and made staff fight for minimal hours. They will lie to your face and support the absolute worst managers for the sake of making a quick buck. They gave away someone's position when she was on maternity leave. Simply the worst
Great job lots of fun
Lids is a great place to work. Lots of fun going to work with co workers
Pay is okay, but they do have good benefits and bonus structures to succeed and earn by making overall goals.
fun place to work
The management is unbelievable, they are the nicest people I've ever met, they made me feel welcomed to the province and made me feel like family, i was only a seasonal worker but they treated me like a full time worker.
Don’t waste your time
Not worth the time your going to waste very rude no support.They work you for pennies. District manager is just down right horrible. Only good thing is the discount.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lids?
Great Work Environment
At Rogers Place we start off by preparing the store and ensuring it is clean and neat for the event. The hardest part of the job is definitely during intermissions of either hockey games or concerts as that is when we have the most customers in store. It didn't take long for me to understand how to efficiently help a customer ensuring that they are satisfied with their visit to the store. Management at Rogers Place is very supportive and encourage you to be talking to customers in order to provide any assistance they may need.
A young persons job
If you're into the hipster scene and enjoy pushing engraving onto customers this place is for you. If you enjoy massive shipments and no where to store the excess as well as a strict color guide to merchandising this place is for you
Domaine du sport
Équipe jeune et énergique
Si tu aime le sport, c'est un bon emplois pour toi

Travailler dans un centre commercial

Formation sur la broderie

Service client
Nope nope nope
The job LOOKS cool but head office doesn't care about their employees. District managers are all knobs too who know nothing of urban culture. Would benefit them to educate themselves on what's popular and where to save them $. They hire outside DMs who know nothing about how things are done and they'll throw you under the bus if they mess up. Find a place that'll teach you good life lessons and will treat you like a real person.
Upper Management won’t listen sometimes...
Harassed by my manager, brought issue to Dsm who took my managers side so I was left to be bullied while manager gossiped and tormented me until I quit. Great job other than that boss. Great place to learn about the retail world! I could have seen a long career with LSG if not for that one awful, power hungry, unstable manager.
Enviroment fantastique
merci a Lids. mon temps a Lids a ete magnifique. La culture est tres bien.
Productive and fun place to work.
It is a good experience, working with in a team atmosphere, trying to reach budget goals, being competitive with other stores In regards to the sales or pushing of lids discount cards. Good customer to employee interaction especially when you have a good knowledge of hats, and hat styles, and brands. And always making sure you have fun, and sell hats.
Pros
Good hours, very decent pace of work
Cons
Lack of staff at some locations
It was alright for a temporary part-time job...
I enjoyed working part time here, & the management was very kind. Although I found the turn-over was quite often for a retail shop.

It did what it was intended to do.. Which was get me through while I was in school.

The way I was dismissed was unethical, however that was addressed accordingly.
Fun Workplace people are nice and help you grow
Fun Workplace can learn a lot people are nice team work is important good communication. You can take a break at any given moment just make sure there are no client. Learn a lot and cant find a better team
Pros
Can take a break anytime if its not to full
Cons
no breaks for lunch that are fix
Easy job
DSM's and beyond don't have your best interests in heart. A lot of down time, not many tasks to complete. Quarterly audits were nice. Buyers won't listen to manager feedback.
Hate the manager
The manager is terrible. Horrible to work for. He is very egotistical, loves that he's the boss and let's you aware of it. Worst place I have ever worked. Everyone wants to quit because of him.
Fun busy place
I had a lot of fun working there it’s a friendly company where you can buy hats and get them embroided. The company has good benefits and great people to work with.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Disorganized
Great workspace
You feel welcome and are able to develop good retail work experience. Who knew selling hats could be so great? Even if you aren't a huge hat person or don't have much sports experience it's really easy to learn and becomes tons of fun!
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
not enough hours