Libro Credit Union

Libro Credit Union Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
fun friendly workplace
Great culture and work environment;
Opportunities for growth;

strong learning and development programs

good benefits and pension plan - all employer paid
Bitter-Sweet
Too many meetings and reviews constantly to the point of wasted time, car allowance and lunches where there is a ton of food uneaten. Too much pressure to cross sell and reach targets. Fake atmosphere with managers and higher ups. One of my serious situations w/ a college was basically swept under the rug.
Stressful environment
Supervisors not trained properly, absolute poor management, and archaic technology. Most issues could have been solved with better technology and properly trained management.
Excellent place to work
Amazing management. Lots of career growth opportunities. 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, plus sick days and personal days. The hiring process can take awhile (about a month from applying, I started there). Full time is 37.5 hours a week. Not open super late so you can have a good work to life balance.
Company severely lacks consistency between branches
Each branch is run completely different from the next. Management team rewards bad employee behaviour of tenured staff. The coaching model is not for continuous improvement but management uses it as leverage for documentation in case you stand up to their unethical behaviour. Their motto on “culture” means they are all like minded in the sense of being bullies. Very clicky and if your co workers feel threatened by you, you’ll get the boot.
Loan approvals, and daily banking approvals depend on your relationship with your coach, not as your overall portfolio. Creating bias, judgemental decisions.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Long hours, mandatory volunteer hours, little empathy for illnesses, terrible HR department, unethical practices.
Great
Great work culture and friendly environment. I loved all the events that were going on and the management ws great and supportive whenever needed. Growing company
amazing company
Have worked with Libro for 4 years the only reason i am leaving is we are moving where there is no Libro branched. The Company and staff are amazing i would recommend anyone to work here.
Outstanding Employer
Libro has been recognized by AON as one of the top employers and for good reasons. Libro stands out by having such a warm atmosphere and a team that supports professional development. The teams at Libro are like a work family. They retain quality personnel by providing reasonable compensation and benefits. Training provided by the Learning & Development team is detailed and very effective. Achievements are always recognized and often celebrated. My supervisors were always understanding of my need for flexible hours during busy times of the school semester. Overall, there is nothing bad to be said about working at Libro and I would recommend it to anyone looking for work in the financial industry within Southwestern Ontario.
Pros
Free Food (not always, but frequently)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Libro Credit Union?
Great Owners!
Libro is all about our owners and their feedback. Libro always tries to go above and beyond, Libro wants owners to feel welcomed, apart of the family.
A typical day at Libro on my end would be to always welcome owners, be patient with them, get to know them and see how else we can help them own their life.

Hardest part of the job is probably building that relationship with them. This is also my favourite part of the job, I love getting to know them, and helping them the best I can.
Family Atmosphere
Working at the credit union is more than just a job. You develop a sense of community by meeting people from that area and creating a relationship with those that you offer services to.
Great culture, small company
LCU is a great place to work; everyone is friendly and team-oriented and it is a financial institution that feels like a family; less room for advancing though
Pros
culture inclusivity
Cons
small, so less room for career advancement
Excellent culture, treats employees very well
Libro is a family. Staff are treated well, and culture is always something senior management works towards being amazing. As employees, we're known as being epic humans, and we are empowered to provide special experiences for our customers.
Like most jobs, we have targets to reach and hard work to be done, but we know how to celebrate.

I've made the decision to relocate to BC, and unfortunately the organization that I have called home for the last 15 years is only located in Ontario.
Innovative company that is committed to growing prosperity in southwestern Onatio
Libro is committed to growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario. It's developing innovative leadership opportunities. United Communities Credit Union (Essex, ON) merged with Libro Financial Group (London, ON) to create Libro Credit Union as of January 1st 2014.
Pros
people that work there
Cons
being on contract
Great Company to Work for
Libro is a fantastic place to work. Its such a team oriented place and you all feel like you are on the same level and that each person is just as important as the next.

Typically you file reports, wait on Owners (customers), answer phone calls and Owner questions.

Help Owners with their daily financial needs (bill payments, credit applications, deposits and withdrawals)

Identify specific needs of the Owners and offer products to suit their needs (Lines of credit of home improvements or car loans)
Pros
Great team building, excellent training, great hours, competitive pay, great management, excellent work-life balance, great benefit package