Libro Credit Union Employee Reviews

Outstanding Employer
Credit Analysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
Libro has been recognized by AON as one of the top employers and for good reasons. Libro stands out by having such a warm atmosphere and a team that supports professional development. The teams at Libro are like a work family. They retain quality personnel by providing reasonable compensation and benefits. Training provided by the Learning & Development team is detailed and very effective. Achievements are always recognized and often celebrated. My supervisors were always understanding of my need for flexible hours during busy times of the school semester. Overall, there is nothing bad to be said about working at Libro and I would recommend it to anyone looking for work in the financial industry within Southwestern Ontario.
Pros
Free Food (not always, but frequently)
Great Owners!
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  strathroy, ontario18 July 2018
Libro is all about our owners and their feedback. Libro always tries to go above and beyond, Libro wants owners to feel welcomed, apart of the family.
A typical day at Libro on my end would be to always welcome owners, be patient with them, get to know them and see how else we can help them own their life.
Hardest part of the job is probably building that relationship with them. This is also my favourite part of the job, I love getting to know them, and helping them the best I can.
Family Atmosphere
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON8 August 2017
Working at the credit union is more than just a job. You develop a sense of community by meeting people from that area and creating a relationship with those that you offer services to.
Great culture, small company
Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor-Essex10 July 2017
LCU is a great place to work; everyone is friendly and team-oriented and it is a financial institution that feels like a family; less room for advancing though
Pros
culture inclusivity
Cons
small, so less room for career advancement
Excellent culture, treats employees very well
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 November 2016
Libro is a family. Staff are treated well, and culture is always something senior management works towards being amazing. As employees, we're known as being epic humans, and we are empowered to provide special experiences for our customers.
Like most jobs, we have targets to reach and hard work to be done, but we know how to celebrate.
I've made the decision to relocate to BC, and unfortunately the organization that I have called home for the last 15 years is only located in Ontario.
Innovative company that is committed to growing prosperity in southwestern Onatio
Marketing and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON7 March 2016
Libro is committed to growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario. It's developing innovative leadership opportunities. United Communities Credit Union (Essex, ON) merged with Libro Financial Group (London, ON) to create Libro Credit Union as of January 1st 2014.
Pros
people that work there
Cons
being on contract
Great Company to Work for
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON30 January 2015
Libro is a fantastic place to work. Its such a team oriented place and you all feel like you are on the same level and that each person is just as important as the next.

Typically you file reports, wait on Owners (customers), answer phone calls and Owner questions.

Help Owners with their daily financial needs (bill payments, credit applications, deposits and withdrawals)

Identify specific needs of the Owners and offer products to suit their needs (Lines of credit of home improvements or car loans)
Pros
Great team building, excellent training, great hours, competitive pay, great management, excellent work-life balance, great benefit package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Libro Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6