Liberty Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Great Staff - Terrible Company
FOH (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
You get scheduled to work "steward" shifts, which are the private events. The customer is mislead and pay mandatory 18% "gratuity", however the servers don't see any of that. The company/owners keep it. You are also not allowed to tell the customers that gratuity is not included in their bill.
Servers are also mislead on where their tip outs go to. You tip out as standard to kitchen, Support, etc. The kitchen staff have never seen a tip out.
Overly concerned about labour costs, cutting too early, calling off shifts etc.
Pros
hours, money, staff
Cons
stolen tips
A fun place to work
Pastry Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Liberty Grand is a fun place to work and having amazing co workers to work with on daily basis makes your job even better. Excellent management, good Work ethics and well organized chefs which makes Liberty grand such a learning experience and an enjoyable work place.
Used to be the best in Toronto
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2017
This is possibly the worst managed company, I'm even surprised how it has survived, well on second thoughts most of the venues are either like a diner on the highway or they serve a particular group of people rejected by the society.
Pros
Some venues are great like Casa Loma and Liberty Grand
Cons
Complacency
great
Café and event waitress/server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
working with the liberty entertainment group i had great opportunities, worked each shift with great people , and worked in an enjoyable fun environment
Work place culture
Manager Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
Great place to work. High energy and a dynamic culture of the staff and the industry. Always something new to learn. Great company with many options to move within businesses.
Possibly the Worst Hospitality Company in Toronto
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Casa Loma6 December 2016
Run by by a maniacal chef this company is a nightmare to work for.
No development, no reviews, no raises despite work load or years tenure,

No gratuities which they tack on 18% to all events and keep for their own.

Arrogant, out of touch owner floats in and out professing his brilliance while his psychotic VP chef drives the restaurants into the ground

Avoid at all costs!!!
Good and Bad
Corporate Beverage Manager, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
Depending on the mood of corporate some days are better than others. More concerned about their looks and guest and food quality.
A joke on undercover boss - they are nothing like that. And offered the trip because of air miles
great place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  toronto, ON15 July 2015
night shift, team was great they taught me alot, always busy coworkers were great management team was great liked working night
Great staff although very heavy workload
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2015
My day normally started around 8am. I was in the office and ready to go right away. The work load was very heavy as I was working alongside the VP of Operations. A lot of the time I was working until 7 or 8pm. My co workers were great however I feel that they were also very stressed out with the workload. The hardest part of the job were the hours, being in the office from the early morning until late evening. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be apart of many of the fun events around Toronto. I was able to work a TIFF event where I met Adam Sandler, Robert Pattinson, John Cusack and others.
Pros
Since the company caters events there was lunch cooked for the employees every day.
Cons
The hours were a little much
High Volume, Sales, Inventory Management, Teamwork
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2013
Though the hours may seem long to some, this is a great position for someone who enjoys a social setting and networking. Those working in a bar/restaurant regardless of location must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. My typical day at work could run anywhere from 11am until 4am - all depending on the event. Liberty offers a wide range of entertainment selection; restos, nightclubs and corporate venues. Liberty, also known for it's largest venue, The Grand, are recognized for their elaborate decor and finest menus. Each establishment has a creative and fun atmosphere. They treat their staff with respect and I'm happy to give them a 5 star review.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Night Owl