LGM Financial Services

Canada21 reviews

companyculturegreatteammanagementworkpeoplelgm

Featured review

LGM Financial Services selected this as a representative review
Wonderful team a LGM with a good culture. The people are helpful especially when it comes to learning. Management has done a great job especially during covid. I have found the team to be really passionate about their work.

Pros

Great people

Cons

none that i can think of

30 September 2021
"Thanks so much for the positive feedback. I know our team tries really hard to get it right, and we are successful most of the time. Missing the mark does happen, but we always try to learn from things and continuously improve. Thanks for being part of our LGM team!"- Drew Collier, CEO.

Perfect

One of the best work environments in BC.Work life balance, pay is fair and people are nice to be around. Good management and office is outstanding heart of downtown

Insights into LGM Financial Services

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Challenging with a great balance

Being an LGMer is a lot of fun. It's progressive, every day is different and challenging. They are receptive to feedback and always willing to try new things.I truly enjoy what I do and whom I do it with. The company has great benefits and time off support. They even provide additional days to ensure we are giving back to our communities. My worklife balance is the best it's ever been. Definitely a company I recommend to others and am proud to represent.

Incredible team, helpful colleagues. Management team is a mess and they are completely lost.

My experience at LGM has been great overall, it was a fun learning experience and the team was amazing! The colleagues were fun to work with and always willing to provide their help whenever needed.The management team is a mess, they are often too busy to help their teams or new-hires themselves and the company is seriously under-staffed. This created a HUGE burden on new-hires. The managers and supervisors don't seem to know what they are doing and have no idea how to get things in order. They are also not very considerate of the importance of having a work-life balance and expect us to put in way too many hours a day. (over 9-10hours a day), with no overtime pay.

Pros

Great team. Great Pay. Great Benefits. Car Allowance

Cons

Long Hours Under-staffed Poor Management Lack of Support No advancement opportunities.

7 January 2022
"Thank you for your fair and well balanced review. I always appreciate hearing some of the good we are doing as well as some constructive opportunities to improve. I agree we have a wonderful team, and that is a big part of what creates a great employee experience at LGM. As for your comments on your managers, I am very aware of some of the challenges they have had these past few years. Our business volumes have fluctuated considerably during the pandemic and we have yet to perfect our hybrid work model (working from home vs in office). However, I can attest that our leaders truly care about their team and our customers. They are working hard to do their very best to create the right environment that is sustainable and consistent. Leading teams in a pandemic has challenged us all in new ways, but we are always committed to creating a great employee and customer experience. I’m sorry we were not able to make that happen in time for you, but I wish you well in your next endeavor and perhaps we will see you at LGM again on day. All the best!"- Drew Collier, CEO.

Very demanding,no security of employment

Disconnected administration,good pay, bad company culture, need to be able to deal with micromanagement.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Under pressure, very structured by the book management

29 October 2021
"Thanks for your feedback. We are working to make improvements in people, process and technology in our administration areas. As I’m sure you can appreciate the last few years have been especially challenging for many businesses and we are not an exception. Nevertheless we are committed to creating a great employee experience for all our teams at LGM. I’m sorry we were not able to make that happen while you were with us, but we are taking your feedback and that of our current team members, and together we will make it happen. All the best in your next career move."- Drew Collier, CEO

Great company, good people!

My favorite thing about LGM is the people. We genuinely care for each other and feed off of each other's positive energies. Much of what I do is customer facing and I find that mine and my team mates' feedback is valued and taken seriously, which has in turn resulted in improved interactions with our clients. The company also encourages career development; something that I truly appreciate.

Pros

Nice office, fun team, many perks (paid birthdays off, health & wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement etc.)

Cons

Less flexible schedules

30 September 2021
"Thanks for your positive feedback. I really appreciate hearing the positive impact your experience has on our customers. The link between employee experience and consumer experience is key to our success! Thanks for being part of our LGM team!"- Drew Collier, CEO

Very demanding,no security of employment

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Under pressure, very structured by the book management

30 September 2021
"Thanks for your constructive feedback. The past few years have been challenging. I know our team tries hard to create a great place to work and build a career, but clearly we could do better. We are aware there are some departments that challenged for a variety of reasons. We are committed to turning this around so that all of our LGM team can enjoy a great employee experience. " - Drew Collier, CEO

Favouritism

The worse management team I have ever worked for. There’s a lot of jealousy amongst workers and you will find yourself in trouble if someone doesn’t like you.

Pros

Free coffee

30 September 2021
"I’m very sorry and troubled to hear your feedback. We do seek input from all our team members each year through our engagement survey process (Kincentric). Managers are accountable for their employee experience right down to the team level. I personally review the annual results of each team and the anecdotal comments from all staff. Every team at LGM creates an action plan based on their employee experience so that we will continuously improve."- Drew Collier, CEO

No room to advance, poor management, unorganized departments

Poorly wage for the position you’re expected to do. Lack of communication in a team setting. Very stressful atmosphere. There are a lot of dead weight positions on certain teams which claim all the credit for jobs done when they didn’t lift a finger.

30 September 2021
"We are of some of the departmental challenges and have been working to make changes to address some of the systemic and leadership issues. We now have a new leadership team in Finance and will be working on process and technology improvements in the coming year that will significantly improve our employee experience in this important team at LGM."- Drew Collier, CEO

Flying by the seat of their pants

adapting to change is one thing, changing strategy bi-monthly is unhealthy and impacts culture among the sales team. Lack on confidence in upper management led to job insecurity

30 September 2021
"I can see how you might feel that way. LGM has a big appetite for change and everything we do, from system changes, pricing, products, and more filters down to our sales team to communicate to our customers. That can be a lot. Especially when our sales team supports 12 automotive brands and 6 product lines. We have heard that feedback and have just made changes to create a more focused approach for our sales team. We think it will have a positive impact both for our team and our customers."- Drew Collier, CEO

Beautiful office, wonderful people, great corporate culture. People stand behind their core values and you always feel like your opinion matters. Would highly recommend.

Great Company Great Values Great Great CEO but..

No opportunity for advancement Management is very unprofessional Laid back culture Favoritism ***************** ***************** ***************** **

Lgm

Nothing much to say here, great co-workers. Management constantly in endless meanings providing no real front line solutions. Great benefits, ok salary.

Good Culture

Good company to work for. They are considerate of their employees and the senior leadership cares about their staff. Sometimes expectations vs. reality are not inline, but overall a good company to work for.

Pros

Modern environment

Cons

no qualms in having work before family, depending.

Fun but focused place to work

LGM was a fun but focused place to work. We definitely had specific targets that were not flexible. It was meet them or do everything that we could to achieve the goal.

Pros

Good culture, good people

Cons

Tight timelines to the point of inflexibility

great environment

Nice office, friendly environment. The supervisor who was always willing to help. Great chances to gain new skills. Opportunity to develop empowerment

Pros

friendly team members

Great place and people!

This company is a lot of fun to work for, starting with the CEO who is one of the friendliest, most down to earth people I've worked with. The offices are fun places to work and the people make it all come together in a wonderful way. Not to sound to much like having drank the cool-aid, but this is genuinely one of the best companies I had the pleasure of working for and would work for them again if I didn't have other priorities. Benefits are above and beyond most other employers as well! Two thumbs up for LGM!

Pros

Benefits, gym, wages, Team!

Cons

Growth

productive work place

LGM is a good company with good extended warranty policies The encourage employee engagement and have won the Best Workplace award 3 years consecutively salary includes health benefits

Cutting edge and fun environment

Workplace culture and continuous learning. The opportunity for advancement. Giving back to the community. Company sponsored events. Employee benefits and company profit sharing.

Pros

Free lunch and learns

Cons

Long shifts

Lgm

Great company and amazing atmosphere. Lots of opportunity to move up. Great benefits and part of the aon hewitt best employers.

Consistent winner of great places to work lived up to my expectations. Company culture rocks, people are great, flat structure.

Pros

Close to transit

Cons

Expensive Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LGM Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement