LexisNexis

LexisNexis Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
I had a long career at LexisNexis and overall the company was very good to me; however, they were in a cycle of continually letting people go. There was no comfort at all that you would be employed past the next yearly budget meeting.

The people you work with are great and the work can be very rewarding. They are active in the community and allow for remote working. LexisNexis has a lot going for it.
Good place to gain experience in a SaaS industry.
Products themselves are good. Company is slowly being absorbed by the US division. Lack of communication from management probably attributed to the fact thy are in a cycle of cost-cutting.
A great place to work, very professional, excellent people, great team work, an overall awesome organization, awesome people.
Great culture, great company!
Nice place to work good hours, good location, offshoring of a lot of work will make canada office obsolete very soon, low effort put towards quality of products
Great work/life balance, but the pay is far below industry standard. There are more cutbacks and calls for "efficiencies" each year - one never knows when the next round of layoffs is going to be announced. The Canadian office reports into LexisNexis in the U.S. and leadership is at the mercy of their directives, which are often to the detriment of Canadian employees. More and more off-shoring of work to the Philippines makes one wonder how lean a company can get before it folds. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
Cons
Poor salary
Great work from home options and flex hours. High Turnover rate due to business not performing, especially in Leadership roles. The constant change in Leadership roles leads to employee dissatisfaction.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Turnover
Very high stress sales environment with very little leadership from Management. If you make your numbers, you are treated like a hero, but god forbid you miss your numbers, you are treated poorly, and will be let go once they find the right opportunity. Very cliquey work environment and if you are not part of the social club then you're experience would not be the best.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
high turnover and restructuring every 3 months, Poor leadership
As a contract writer the pay is awful and inconsistent and management doesn't care. Workflow is inconsistent and work often comes in the late afternoon. I have grown to hate working for this company.
The pros of working here:

- good work life balance (but this also depends on your department. I worked in content where there is less stress and headaches compared to editorial for instance)

The cons

-absolutely no room for advancement (if you have ambitions to move up and make more money, please look elsewhere)

-terrible office location (right next to the highway, no where to go for lunch, and the building is miserably corporate)

-no company culture (very dry and bland)

-pay is low compared to the industry

Overall, the workalike balance is not worth all of the cons. I stayed past my prime and suffered feelings of stagnancy.
Pros
workalike balance, nice manager
Cons
no room for advancement, terrible location, no culture, low pay
In the beginning it was fun working at LexisNexis. Then management showed their real face. They force into unpaid overtime that accumulates into 100s of hours. They don't want you record the overtime in the system. There's no work life balance. Management lies right into your face.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, unpaid overtime, benefits
Great deal of "cloak and dagger" on an ongoing basis. Difficult to trust senior management when there is a hidden agenda behind everything. If you are looking for job security do not look here.
Cons
No perceived job security - offshoring constantly
This company has no future as it puts no effort to advance.
Management has no idea what to do and the company is heading towards bankruptcy..A Sinking Ship.
Wonderful company to work for. They are not paying great, but there is a work-life balance, excellent benefits and healthy environment, especially in comparison with law firms or banks.
The culture here is very laid back and welcoming. Everyone is super friendly, and the atmosphere is extremely positive.

After working here for about a month, I would say this is one of the best corporate environments out there. Nobody is breathing down your back waiting for you to finish a job, and I've felt extremely productive due to the positive environment.

Definitely would recommend for anyone looking to gain some office experience.
Pros
Laid back culture, lots of free food
Cons
Mediocre salary
Don't even think about taking your chance in this organization. Especially if you're seeking a job security. Your desk will disappear in no time. Even your boss will be different from when you had your final interview, and your very first day on the job.
Pros
work and life balance.
Cons
You won't know who is going to be your management for tomorrow
In both my positions at LexisNexis, I found the culture to be laid back and welcoming. My direct managers were readily available, helpful, friendly, and transparent.

On the job, I had a number of projects at any given time, each with varying deadlines and levels of complexity. As one of the most knowledgeable members of the QuickCite team, I was entrusted with training, organizing, and reporting on the UCN project, one of the largest New Lexis remediation projects. In addition, I managed several smaller initiatives.

In both my LexisNexis positions, I was viewed both as a source of knowledge and as an innovator for finding solutions to everyday problems that impacted my department's efficiency.
Pros
Relaxed culture, great benefits, interesting and challenging projects
Cons
Not much room for vertical growth, mediocre salary
Il s'agit d'un travail d'édition juridique comportant la rédaction, la correction, la révision et l'indexation d'ouvrages juridiques
Pros
Équipe stimulante
Cons
aucun
great company and culture, Would recommend. Treat employees well. Lots of perks, such as free lunches. Very motivating to work at this company as they treat employees very well
Working for LexisNexis Canada Inc was a very positive experience. I felt driven to excel.I worked in a satellite office with amazing people from various departments. I found the job enhanced my organizational and management skills. I learned how to use advances features of Microsoft Office Suite with company training tools.
Pros
Free training tools
This is a company in a very old business, that of updating and printing books on paper. The people were wonderful, the management well-meaning (if often behind the times). As part of a declining industry, their pay rates were uninspiring. Conversely, they were good at hiring the semi-retired, notably for programming their IBM mainframe computer and Windows PCs.
Pros
People, books to read (and copy-edit!)
Cons
Old industry
Monday is a typical but important day, as you would know the whole week's work schedule and important tasks to be carried through.
there is always a lot to learn at the job. Good management, especially the resource manager and the Project Manager. Always had good rappo with co-workers, including from other project departments.

I didn't feel anything hardest, but yes sometimes it gets tiring with deadlines, meetings and overwork.

lunchtime.
Pros
no free lunches, but discounted
Cons
sometimes, long hours, yes.