Levitt-Safety Employee Reviews

An excellent place to cut your teeth in the world of safety
Fire Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Canada26 March 2019
Overall an excellent place to work in all aspects. One area that for sure needs work is retention of quality technicians. Technicians there work hard and are paid so little that they have no choice but to move on eventually. Pay them what they are worth and maybe you will retain a quality workforce at the pointy end of the stick...the face of Levitt Safety every day is the Technicians...
The company has a very high turnover in some branches which leaves gaps in service capabilities which competitors then jump on and the customer is lost. Management is trying to fix this but it will take time for them to realize they simply have to pay ALOT more to keep quality techs on staff!! It's a no brainer to outsiders looking in . Aside from this it's a great place to work 👍👍
Pros
Good People, smaller company atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, influential managers that need to be gone to be successful in an overall cultural change
Official response from Levitt-Safety
23 April 2019

You are absolutely correct, our technicians are the face of Levitt-Safety and we are very grateful to have such a dedicated group of people who are passionate about making Canada a safer place to live and work. We are working diligently to improve the structure and culture in some of our branches to make sure that our employees are able to have a fulfilling, long term career at Levitt-Safety and not just a job that’s a good introduction to the industry. I appreciate your feedback, it’s an important part of our initiative towards deliberate culture, and is much appreciated.

Scott Walker
VP Services

Really focused on employees well-being
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 February 2019
Nobody is perfect, but working here for the time that I had, gave me a base line to measure other potential employers to. Being that this company is distribution, there is a lot to learn about their vendors and products, and there are a lot of vendors and products, and people with different areas of expertise...learn fast and you will excel.
Pros
There are always opportunities to learn
Cons
You can't learn fast enough, things change very fast
Official response from Levitt-Safety
11 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing us with your feedback.

As a leading Safety Solutions provider, we pride ourselves on the deep knowledge our teammates display with our customers and on the wide offering of products and services to support our current and future clients. As you point out, the world is continually changing so learning is a priority at Levitt-Safety, whether you’ve been with us for 2 weeks, 2 years or 2 decades, we want to assist our team with staying current and deliver the very best products, services and expertise to our customer.

Thanks again,

Larry, VP Sales

Mostly friendly workplace
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 January 2019
The company is in the middle of a culture change. Their are a lot of friendly people at the company but the company does cater to the sales department. If you're not in that department you don't get nearly as many perks
Poor culture and executive team with no direction
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta22 January 2019
So much potential but a lack of direction. Ownership should step aside and hire performing executives. Current Sales leadership is lost. Service leadership does not know how to expand. People show up daily with poor attitudes. Not a fun environment and pay for performance is nonexistent.
Pros
Base salary is ok
Cons
Top performers are not rewarded. No management direction. No work/life balance.
Trying to make things better
Rental Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 January 2019
Great Company.
Good People but may have a morale problem.
They have recently taken steps to improve the culture.
Too much employee turnover in recent years.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very little backup for vacation and sick time
Terrible place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2019
EDM branch complete chaos. Led by terrible management. This place is toxic environment that does nothing but finger point and bog you down with processes that are not productive. No direction and support.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 October 2018
Great place to work, good culture. Not too big that you don't matter but not too small that it doesn't count.

I gained a lot of insight into the world of safety and really found a passion for the industry.

I enjoyed the tight knit feeling of the local office -
A great place.
Office/Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
Plenty of room for advancement at the time. Company was very supportive in every aspect. Great people. Always busy. Not too big to get 'lost' in the company even though it was branch office.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant / Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 June 2018
The people are awesome to work with. The work is easy, not overly stimulating though. There isn't really a job culture, as each branch does it's own thing.
Technicians are great, but office staff is terrible.
Rather not say. (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 May 2018
Seems to be great at first, but be prepared for empty promises!

Service management is disconnected from staff, never any appreciation.

Office supervisor and admin staff are constantly back biting everyone. Not a positive atmosphere.
Pros
Technicians are great to work with
Cons
Office management have no clue, too much back biting within the office staff
let down
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
The office people are so unorganized, make a lot of mistakes and it's confusing for someone who's supposed to be out in the field doing their job, nice people to work with but there's little direction.
Pros
good people to work
Cons
waste of going above and beyond
Mis Guided Mid Size Company
sales (Former Employee) –  Poco, British Columbia15 November 2017
The Management team doesn't seem to get it. There is a huge gap between what's going on in the company and what they perceive. Leadership starts at the top and there is very little. They are not profitable, and the commoditization of their products continues to deepen. Best practices are non-existent, with many of the processes and procedures badly out of date.
Pros
well paid if that's all your looking for?
Cons
Rudderless ship with very little new to offer
Top notch company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC15 October 2017
Levitt Safety PoCo has been one of the best companies I have worked for. Management handles staff well and are always there for the employees. Great working staff and team moral. They pay you what you're worth. If the situation arose I'd be back in a heartbeat
Interesting environment that doesn't value people
Vice President Sales and Marketing - Canada (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 June 2017
They pay well, but the management stewardship is lacking.
Compensation incentives are non-existent and do not promote long-term growth. Far too much hands off on employees and latitude given.
Bad management.... Mad customer
Technical specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 June 2017
I ve been working for them for more than a year. Mamagement is so bad that I decided to leave the company even if I loved the job I was doing. Communication within the company is very poor!
Pros
Travel
Cons
Mamagemement, women mean bad salary, poor communication
Customer Service / Administration
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC29 May 2017
An office of 10 people. Team oriented employees. Serving customer over the phone, taking orders via email, fax and phone. Manage key accounts. Inventory control. Follow up of customer orders. Constant employee training in health and safety and product information. Purchase of product from suppliers to ensure a quick and on time delivery. Tracking of all orders, follow-up on backorders. Constant contact with customer particularly on delinquent orders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management changed too often
Family owned business with many long-term employees
Training & Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 January 2017
At first look they seem to have a good culture and many good things in place. But it seems to fall apart in the execution.
Managers and Supervisors are given mixed messages, and there is a lot of favouritism and unfairness exhibited, leading to low morale and high stress levels.
I learned a lot because my manager was good; he encouraged me to learn, allowed me a lot of independence once I was up to speed, and was a good coach/mentor/boss.
Pros
I had a great boss
Cons
A lot of negativity, unfairness, and bad leadership
productive fun workplace
Service Technician- Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 June 2016
Levitt safety was a high paced productive workplace that met all needs. Working as a team everyday made levitt a great company to work for.
Great place to work!
HR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2016
Great place to work with wonderful people. Lots of variety and opportunities to learn. Good benefits package. Management is always willing to listen and open to suggestions. Very relaxed environment.
A perfect workplace for me to develop my personal skills to contribute the growth of the company
Senior System Designer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 February 2016
The company provides the neccessary cross training for employees as required. Co-workers are willing to help and respect each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levitt-Safety. Our community is ready to answer.