Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada8 March 2018
Free item and the end of the month and staff is great. the supervisors are really good people and chill job during the weekdays . early mornings start at 7
what i learned
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
I learned how to work as a team for goals that are set upon us by the head office. How to make sales quotas while having fun. A great organization to work for.
Best Place to work for
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Levi Staruss is the greatest place to work for. Provides you with immense flexibility. Provides you with complete work life balance. Work culture is relaxed. Pay structure is good, uses the latest technology.
Pros
Free Lunch, Jeans to work, and Flexible hours
Cons
Have to available on the phone 24/7
easy going slighlty overly strict
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dixie, ON11 January 2018
the place I worked out is very friendly. to our team and to our costumers... and sometimes its a little too much. As employees we have had incidents where we get yelled (by the customer) at, because we're following them too much, we're overly pushy, and too into making money. as employees we understood that and backed away to followjng customrs - giving them space and all - but mamagment pushed up into doing the same thing meanwhile getting intel from everyone about the situation. Anyways sometimes management was unfair but overall the space was good to work in and time passed by quickly once in motion
Good Quality Clothes Bad Quality Owner
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON5 January 2018
Its a tough one because I loved the environment of the staff and customers but at the end of the day even if you work your butt off you never felt appreciated, your work/sales are never good enough. Everyone becomes viscous for sales and it's not teamwork. I've never felt so useless and walked on by a company. Very sad management and atmosphere thanks to the owner. Very poor hours for full-time and part-time. Never consistent.
Pros
small discount
Cons
Owner, Hours, and Stress
Work with a lot of experience
SALES ASSOCIATE / PART TIME KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2017
The Levi's give me an opportunity to be more open with different people, find the perfect fit for them.
The work was enjoyable because of the varieties of people and experience.
Pros
Team work
Cons
no lunch
Needs improvement
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Claireville, ON3 December 2017
Employees need to be more valued at this place, no matter how hard you work you don’t get the recognition you deserve. There is mandatory overtime for junior employees who have to work 12 hour shifts and sometimes that includes Friday/Saturday. The employees work hard and long hours every month to reach the production numbers and all they get is a thank you and sometimes a hot dog/burger. Considering levis is a multi billion dollar business you would think that there would be some kind of bonus program but shockingly there isn’t. You work hard all year 8-12 hour shifts away from your family and get a $25 dollar gift card. The work is straightforward and easy to understand but at times you find yourself feeling like just a rented mule.
Pros
The enployees
Great Experience
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON17 October 2017
Each day started off completing the Accounts Payable for the Freight/Warehouse. Once this was completed the Controller was always willing to assign a special project or additional daily work for me to keep busy.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long commutte
life at levis
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB11 September 2017
very good job with some small draw backs. stock is a nightmare but a work in progress. management is always available for help when needed. great benefits pay is around average.
amazing
Senior Womenswear Designer, Levi's ® RED TAB (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
a great company that truly valued its employees
awesome hours and benefits. people with very long tenure so sometimes making a change was a bit difficult
Look for a Canadian Company that values Canadian mentality
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
Pay was average, visual boring with minimal changes To keep up with trends. Struggle to maintain with budgeted hours, high unattainable goals. Favouritism within the company only if you worked higher than expected hours. No live life balance. American mentality as it's an American company. Company does not treat you like a human they treat you like just another number just to drive sales to make them richer.
Pros
Decent pay salary, good staff discount
Cons
Heavy workload. No higher management support for Human Resources or District Manager
Très bonne expérience professionnelle et personnelle
Manager (Former Employee) –  Étranger2 August 2017
C'est une très bonne entreprise, j'ai beaucoup appris à leurs côté
Pros
La fierté de la marque
Cons
Ne peux pas plus évoluer
Great work environment
Cherry Picker Machine (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2017
having to work with levi and strauss is a opportunity for people looking to have stable income with benefits and you learn different jobs in work from many co-workers
Work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 February 2017
Working here was a very fun environment. Free pair of jeans every month if you hit your sales. We would also have a few levi's parties here and there. Its also a good place to enhance your customer service skills as you will be on the floor making sales most of the time.
Pros
free pair every month
Cons
only part time
Great Staff, weird focus
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Felt like I was doing was getting paid to fold. Seemed like very little actual sales situations with customers. So we folded jeans and shirts after customers picked them up and put them down. Also the discount caught me a little off guard. Same deal as anyone else who walked through the door on a sale day. Could be found at many other retailers for less.
Pros
Great storewide goal incentives
Cons
Having to sit around and wait for 30mins after all work was done.
Terrible Place
Sales Associate/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Got hired here, and thought it was going to be great!!!!!! only to work there for a couple of weeks and they fired me for being pregnant!!!!!!
They called me on my way to work and was rude about it

that's not right in a company, and soon after this I come to find out that it happened to another girl who worked for this company.

A company shouldn't discriminate because a woman is pregnant,
out It's not right and when I went to head office about it, nothing was done
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything! rude employees
Best Retail Company ever!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I have worked for a number of employers in the Retail Market place but never has any been as rewarding and support as Levi Strauss & Co. There is a reason that they are a number one employer and the best Jeans that one could ever own. I only left to try my luck in BC but am now returning to Alberta. I'd return to Levi Strauss & Co in a minute if there was something available at this time. If you work for them - STAY!!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Working for Levi is very enjoyable, provides the opportunity to learn sales techniques as well as to build your own client base,
nice store
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
deal with a lot of customers. have nice store and great promotions. happy environment and great associates to work with. New store thats why everything is nice and clean.
Good Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2016
Typical day required opening and closing the store, making sure that all the paperwork was up to date, weekly schedules and store quotas were met, and merchandise was received and brought to the sales floor.
I learned how to manage my time, multitask. The staff was great to work with, everyone felt like family and was always willing to learn more and help out where they could.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levi Strauss & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.