Levi Strauss & Co.

Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

Canada121 reviews
fun workplace
as a summer students you get to learn very important things and manager are very friendly and always there for you moreover they apricate your work and offer discounts of clothes also.
Enjoyable student job
Busy during holidays, slow every other day. The management is professional but relaxed, very accepting environment. A collaborative effort is needed to succeed in this job.
GM of Winnipeg Outlet Collection
The head manager at the Winnipeg Outlet store was one of the most unprofessional, rudest, and backstabbing people I've ever had to work with. His managment style was aggressive and was ultimately the reason I quit.
competitive and productive place to work
Working in Levis enabled me to show case my Supply Chain skills which i learned in school. in addition it was more of applying my theory into practical scenarios within the organization
Competitive job
The management team force you to talk to customers even when they don't want to talk to increase sales. short break every shift. OVerall, I did not have a great experience working there.
Pros
Free Jeans every month if the store has highest sale compare to all Levi's stores in Canada
No job security
Old employees are partial, deceptive, lazy. I think they consider working fairly for what they're paid for. Most importantly shouldn't let the employees from agency do their job.
Overall good working environment
Keen on Punctuality, fast learning with very friendly and helpful staff. Not physically draining and a very calm atmosphere. A good job but not easy to get a permanent spot.
Typical day of work is stressful
I would not recommend anyone to work at levi strauss and co because the base wage is 15 dollars per hour. The management team don't care about the employees. All management care about is getting their bonuses by any means. Alot of unfair practices. Alot of favouritism for senior employees. Management don't listen to the employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Levi Strauss & Co.?
Awesome job!
I love working here! I started with agency and couldn't wait to get hired on. The people and management are beyond the best I've ever worked with. Benefits and perks are awesome! At Levis they support individuality and out of the box thinking. Did I mention 50% off?? 🤗 Wonderful renovations and fantastic new technology just introduced. Levis will be around for a very long time. I'm looking to retire here.
Run as far as you can
This job had everything to be a nice experience. However, I encountered a lot of problems.

Even though the clothes are overpriced, no commission is paid.

There is a huge pressure to make our goals. Even if we do not gain anything from that.

And the far worse, the manager!! He is a terrible manager. He treats his employees like children. He is often rude and he is always breathing in your neck.

It's no surprise that people ask to quit EVERY week.

A lot of stress for a small salary.
Pros
employees' discount
Cons
manager, does not a microwave, does not pay well
Don't bother work here
No real training, insecure older workers and confusing management. Went there through an agency and just exploited. Big waste of time. If you do something wrong they don't advise on how to get better.
really close knit community between workers.
I really enjoyed my time working here. everyone was very nice and helped me if i ever needed it. i was only seasonal so i didn't end up working too many shifts. through i didnt feel as though i was properly trained i was kinda thrown into action very quickly.
Pros
Discount of Levi products
Cons
Didnt recive many hours
Run away as fast as you can!
Don't ever work here. Management is horrible. They can send you home every day with only 4 hours a day. They talk to you like your stupid and beneath them. They don't even follow the contract.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, horrible pay, not enough hours, lack integrity and empaty.
no complaint
i've been there for 3 years and i learned alot about products and multiples and average sales and how to multi task in every different way.we pick product and pack and label them and stock it for it to be shipped on time
False fronts and exploitation
Classic American corporate ladder where those higher up only get there by exploiting those below them. Worked at the location with the highest traffic in the area, but was given the same level of support as a store a fraction of the size. They would cut hours and then complain when others went into overtime to cover the unparalleled workload. I got a written warning for "not smiling enough" as I tried to take on the workload of 3 people.
Gossip Filled Environment/Lack Support/Bad Management
Although in comparison to other retailers, they pay their staff well and the benefits are great, this company is not as inclusive as they advertise. The district managers and store managers are predominantly female and they spend most of their time facilitating internal and external gossip and has a culture of slandering each other to move ahead. It is not a good work environment to thrive in because favoritism is the only way to be promoted. In all facets of this business, to move ahead, you will need to be under the nose of head office personnel and heel to their every whim. If not, prepare to be stagnant.

By observation, it is predominantly a white community and most senior management preference are also skewed in that direction. Head office and senior management has little to no cultural diversity, so depending on who you are, you may not feel as represented. There is little training on a management level or training is passed off to whomever is available at the time you are employed, however, the expectations with the lack of support and training is very high from regional and district managers. If you do ask for support, it is given in a hurry but then gossiped in closed groups which includes subordinates and part timers.

Overall, the products are amazing and easy to sell, the written resources are great once you have the time to search for what you need, but they need a full overhaul of their senior management team who engages in irrelevant banter, favoritism and horrible time management. Prepare to be on the phone seeking help from other stores continually due
 - more...
Great company to work for
This company is authentic like it's product. Has a great company culture. Their core vlaues are aligned with social justice and against inequality. No place is perfect and they have their problems too but I must say they are better than most other companies I have worked for.
bad vibes for real
kind of glad one of the managers left. She was very rude and had very high expectations. Would not train workers properly but get mad when they did not know anything. Definitely picks favourites too. Overall very hostile working environment. They find ways to get mad at their workers, also very naggy. Only staying cause, as Cardi B would say, "im Making MOney MOves" xP xD -____- >,<
Vendeuse
C’était amusant , puisque il y avait toujours de l’action , mais en même temps cette emploie peu apporter du stress. Chaque jour un montant de vente t’ai donné et tu dois l’atteindre pour avoir des récompenses ou monter dans les échelons.
It was OK
When I first got hired it was wonderful. Good team, good discounts and very relaxed. However as time goes on the girls can be catty and gossipy. The manager seems to pick favorites and she'll cut your hours before even stating to you what needs to be worked on and work with you on improving. However the assistant manager is wonderful and fair. Sometimes I believe she should of been in charge
Productive and fun place to work out
Its an amazing environment working at Levi Strauss and Co. ( LSCO ). The management there were very nice and thorough, and helped me alongside the training and alongside any difficulties or problems I encountered. The only hardest part of the job would be during peak hours during the day/week you have to learn to handle going under pressure when more than one customer asks for help on a product or complains about a price or mischarge, it can take a couple shifts to finally get into LSCO "Ecosystem" but other than that everything was ok.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levi Strauss & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.