Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Employee Reviews

Leukemia is a great place to work , very comfortable environment
Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NY25 March 2018
Leukemia is a very comfortable place to work at and feels like family it is a very laid back office environment, and the great thing about the company is we fight to help others
Pros
Great vacation breaks .
Cons
Lack of raises
hard work
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA15 March 2018
Be prepared to wear a lot of hats working as a campaign manager. There is also a lot of pressure to make goal. It's a typical sales position without the title.
I was a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY6 March 2018
Not sure of the culture as an employee as I was a volunteer and Chair of their board in a volunteer position but a great organization doing great work. Treated their volunteers with great respect
Productive and fun workplace
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH26 February 2018
I had a great experience interning for LLS. All the employees were so generous and fun to be around. There was a lot of collaboration and working together on projects and i really enjoyed the atmosphere.
State Director
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI21 February 2018
LLS is a great place to work. You get to interact with families, kids and developers. There were always was to help, serve and be a part of the sponsors, families and hospitals.
Great co-workers & rewarding career
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 January 2018
Very fulfilling role to help the world to one day be cancer free. Co-workers, volunteers and donors are amazing! Work schedule is very flexible. You will learn a lot about the many types of blood cancer, the treatments and financial aid available to patients. There are many events throughout the year so the nights and weekends can add up away from your friends and family.
Pros
Paid time off is fair
Stressful competitive environment
Senior Manager, Volunteer Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 November 2017
This organization has a great mission, but is poorly managed at the regional level. They compensate their employees well from an insurance and time off perspective. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the dedicated volunteers that are so loyal to this organization.
Great Work Environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY27 October 2017
I practically grew up here! They taught me everything I know I was able to grow and learn here. I was sad to go but had to relocate and would do it all again given the opportunity.
money is the bottom line
Telerecruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 October 2017
Poor workplace culture, clannish. No mentorship and poor communication. The main goal is to raise money and more money and promote a positive image.
Pros
Cons
clannish work culture
Productive and fun place to work
Currently a Campaign Intern (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI19 October 2017
Very rewarding job opportunity. Relaxed environment and helpful volunteers make the job worth while. Great management that is understanding and wants the office as a whole to be successful.
A meaningful and satisfying place to work.
Senior Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Natick, MA27 September 2017
I very much enjoyed working for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It's a pleasure knowing my work is so meaningful. I wouldn't be leaving, except the office is moving further east, and I just cannot face a 90 min commute each way every day.
Typical Day at LLS
Facilities Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY22 August 2017
My typical day would be to arrive at 8am, answer phone calls for the entire office. Calls are from all over the world and be prepared to transerfer them to any one of 175 people. Meet and greet all visitors and staff as they enter the office. Make sure the conference rooms are ready and booked appropriately. Lead or listen to aproximately 3 or 4 conference call meetings per day in regards to real estate of other facilities located through out America & Canada or contracts for xerox machines & mail machines located in offices throughout America & Canada. These meeting can last from 30min- 1 hour. Make sure the office had supplies. Properly code all facilities invoices from the home office and invoices pertaining to xerox & postal devices across America & Canada. Maintain heavy calendar for the Director of Facilities, Maintain heavy excel spread sheets, order food for conferences, assist in travel arrangements. I learned that customer service skills must always be sharp, I learned to manage my time very well and find short cuts to perform many tasks at the same time while keeping the integrity of the work high and consistent. I worked well in a group and on my own, often taking the lead when ever I could. Leaving at 5:30pm. The best part of my job was meeting all of the people who were recovering from Lymphoma and joining in the "Light the Night" charity. I felt that I was helping someone in need daily. I also enjoyed learning new computer programs in the facility. The least enjoyable about my job was the long winded meetings that took up a lot of time and phone  more... system. The phone set up meant I received hundreds of calls a day from all over the world all day, I wish there was more of a system that can bring them to the correct department instead of all of the calls coming directly to me. Currently, there are 3 people doing the same 1 position that I held.  less
Pros
Meeting new people, learned how to manage an extreme amount of work, hours were standared 8 - 5:30pm daily, short commute
Cons
Long meetings that took up precious time, Phone Set Up, low salary
Pros and Cons exist
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas30 June 2017
More focus on mission needs to be placed. Too many office cliques not enough focus on placed on employees work life balance. Inability to feel job security.
Lls
Campaign Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RI24 May 2017
LLS is a good place to work. Co-workers are wonderful and like family. As a part time employee, work life balance is there. Communication between upper management and staff could be a little better. Pay scale is ok.
Pros
Wonderful employees
Cons
Communication a little lacking
great supportive place, wonderful children
leukemia fundraiser/ supporter (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NM31 March 2017
working for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society was amazing and a blessing. i am so proud we have people that care about these children having to fight for there lives so young before they have had a chance to live. The children are so strong and I am so proud of them. I helped raised money for them and i have so much gratitude to the people who donated and helped for this horrible disease and helping find a cure for it so the pain and suffering can come to an end.
Pros
helping our community
Cons
barely got to see the children.
Wonderful mission and passionate team
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NY24 January 2017
Everyone within the organization, across all fields, geographies and levels is dedicated to a day where no one else has to hear the words, "you have a blood cancer".
Because of limited resources and knowing the impact of doing (or not doing) your work, staff and volunteers push that much harder and work-life balance, while offered, is not always easy to achieve.
Pros
Mission impact, bright staff, new focus on professional development
Cons
Work life balance-self inflicted
Productive and a sense of belonging were here
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Rye, NY9 January 2017
Everyone at this business welcomed me and gave me the chance to show work skills. I had no problem working under the conditions given to me and I completed all jobs in a timely matter.
Fulfilling organization to work for! Not so good work/life balance
Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX19 October 2016
-worked a lot of nights and weekends
-recruited for endurance events and helped athletes fundraise!
-80% of the money raised went to the mission.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay, lots of nights and weekends.
Great Place to work
Vice President Controller (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NY30 September 2016
LLS is a great place to work for, the organization main mission is to find a cure for Leukemia and provide assistance to patients and their families.
Pros
Great Mission
Cons
Low family-work balance
Great Benefits, lacking management
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI14 September 2016
Loved the foundation and overall environment. Management lacked the direction and made changes that made it uncomfortable for everyone when they restructured the team.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Our community is ready to answer.