Lethbridge Family Services

Lethbridge Family Services Employee Reviews

Wonderful and professional work place.
Volunteer Experiences (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 October 2019
Wonderful and professional workplace environment. a very rewarding and delightful experience. Learning to accommodate others and the different cultures really open my eyes.
productive job to work at very rewarding place to work.
Health Care Aide Practicum (Former Employee) –  Southside mayor magrath 15st19 July 2019
I've worked for lethbridge family service as a health care aid it's a rewarding place to be ,other staff are good to work with very helpful. They always have work for you. I recommend lethbrige family service.
Pros
Good travel pay
Cons
long hours, just have to pace yourself.
Great Corporate Culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 March 2019
Very welcoming and accessible staff. Information about immigration services is very helpful and up to date.

LFS is very well rooted, recognized and respected in the community.
wouldnt reccomend
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 February 2019
Work environment chaotic and unfair. Management brutally demanding of workers and even worse to their clients.though you do learn to be quick with what you need to do.
Pros
you'll lose weight
Cons
youre running all day
Worst place I’ve ever worked for
HCA (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 November 2018
management is HORRIBLE. Don’t care about you or your family. They are huge bullies and and extremely unprofessional. They make you bend over backwards for them, but get mad at you when your sick and need time off . They also don’t pay overtime, and your forced to work split shifts. They can’t keep new staff longer than 3 months as they quit due to working conditions . Older staff stay because they are scared to voice their concerns or just “deal with it”. 10+ staff left on stress leave within the last 6 months . DO NOT WORK HERE . Not worth it .
Pros
Cons
Your mental health is at stake
family oriented workplace
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 November 2018
They are great to work for! All the staff are amazing and very helpful and is a great place for a positive environment. I enjoyed all the clients and my supervisors.
Management are bullys
Hca (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 September 2018
Never treated so bad by any management i ever worked for. Was told my safety was not their concern. 4 days off per month. And worked split shifts everyday. Horrible horrible place to work. Stay away from this place
Pros
One of the best places for anyone to work at.
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 September 2018
Lethbridge Family Services was the best place anyone could work at. Every single second I spent there was amazing, I enjoyed every aspect of being there.
Pros
Gets to be with children
Cons
Sometimes communication
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 July 2018
Busy, but someone always had your back if you needed it. You knew you could trust your coworkers or supervisors if you needed help to be there. Things were run smoothly and both clients and employees were kept happy.
Pros
Food at all meetings, benifits, gifts
Cons
split shifts
great place
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 June 2018
they are a great place to work they help you keep up to date on all your skills you need to do your job right. they keep you on one side of the city this is a nice place to work
Good place to gain experience
Community Disability Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge26 April 2018
I enjoyed working as a full-time summer student as I lived in the Lethbridge area. I found that the culture provided me with opportunities to further my education and learning while gaining experience with various individuals.
Work staff is great
Job Coach/Community Rehabilitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 November 2017
Busy days of helping disability people. Always on the go and busy with new things all the time.
Working at alot of different jobsites. Many connections with managements at job placements.
Keeping confidentiality at all times.

Worked on own but had to report back to management alot.
Hardest part of job was working late night shifts and alot of weekends.

Enjoyable was watching individuals doing well on their own and being independent.
Pros
staff appreciation things
Cons
late night shifts and many weekends
great to work for
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 October 2017
This was a great place to work for the first year then unfortunately they moved me from the area i got used to and i didnt much like and or apppreciate that, you basically worked on your own with deadlines but as long as you have time management you were able to succeed in what u were doing
Love to make clients smile
HCA (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2017
Loved my job. Making clients happy and healthy was a perfect fit for me. LFS was an amazing job with excellent staff and friendly Co workers. LFS provided all training and paid for your travel provided lunch for meetings. Everyone's opinion mattered, great company to work for.
Small family like atmosphere
Scheduling and Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 September 2017
Busy environment; middle management is difficult place to be without a strong work ethic, sense of humor; responsible for pleasing agency bosses, Alberta Health services, nurses, clients, family of clients and staff seeing clients; on call/after hours responsibilities. Constant state of change.
Pros
Busy, fullfilling
Cons
Constant change
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 December 2016
It's hard to have a personal life when you work split shifts and put in 100 to 120 hours in twelve days. The management here is really bad as well. It reminds me of a hen house. The pay doesn't match that of a facility either. To the agency you are just another number in the system. They don't care if you work or if you don't.
fun and flexible work schedule
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 October 2016
it was a great work experience that involves a lot of interaction with the clients which is the rewarding part of the job
manager was very organized
they give out incentives
training is always paid
Amazing work place!
Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 May 2016
I have worked for LFS in two different departments and it has seriously been the best place I have ever worked. The people are absolutely amazing, I love coming to work every day. I cannot say enough good things about LFS.
Pros
the people
It was a good learning experience
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 April 2014
I would typically start at 6AM every day with two or three other HCAs at the lodge. I would have about 30 minutes with each client to get them washed, groomed, dressed and ready for the day. I LOVED my clients. The management, however, left a lot to be desired.
Sometimes, particularly on holidays, the management would lose order and one person would get the entire morning run for a lodge, anywhere from 15 to 20 people in the span of 4 hours.
Pros
Loved dealing with the clients
Cons
A lot of split shifts, office politics, bad management, judgmental attiudes
Janitorial Services
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 January 2014
Swept, mopped, general cleaning of all business areas as well as other tasks as they were assigned.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
no cons