Les Delices Lafrenaie Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
It was a great learning experience and I have learned alot in 6 years of employment with Les delices Lafrenaie.
Baker/Pastry chef (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2012
A typical day at work would be is to begin by un-moulding cakes that have been in the freezer overnight.Then production is started, we then start by cutting sponge by machine.After that is done when then get a list of cakes(flavors) to be done.We start by doing specialty cakes first for example if a customer wants a wedding or design cake we have to do a base cake either in 4'' or 3'' high.Once that is done we start making cakes for the loblaws order.Normally this consist of 6 or seven pallets. In return this is about 3000 cakes.I have learned how to make cream for our cakes.We have over twenty flavours.I learned how to decorate and write on cakes.And the hardest part of the job is the long hours and working seven days.The most enjoyable part of the job is making cakes and decorating.
Pros
the finish product, seeing what you have made and finished.
Cons
long hours standing, long hours and working days.