Lerners LLP Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Legal Assistant/Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2019
Not enough hours in the day! Everyone is super motivated to make things work. Wonderful group of dedicated professionals who achieve work life balance.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to work, very busy. People are very friendly.
Conflicts/File Opening Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 January 2019
A typical day at work would be doing conflict searches, opening files & answering phones to take information for any new clients. The hardest part of the job is the conflict searches when they have many familiar names/companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing each task and going on to something new.
Pros
Good People
Cons
working till 5 oclock.
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2018
Stable work, great hours and pay with amazing benefits. They have lots of employee appreciation events and treat their staff well. I have enjoyed my time with them immensely.
Excellent working environment
Accident Benefits Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2018
Lerners is good to their staff and make a healthy working environment. They have casual days and donate to many charities and are always looking to make things good for everyone
Pros
open door policy
Law Clerk
Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
I have work at Lerners for many years as a law clerk. Your experience will depend on the lawyer you work for. I have been fortunate enough to work with some great lawyers during my time there and it is a great teaching environment. HR is partner focused as most law firms tend to be but I have not really encountered any issues personally. The London office is a great place to work. Toronto does not have the same culture as the London office and is not a great place to work. I would not want to work at another law firm in London outside of Lerners. I have encountered many personalities during my time working as a law clerk and learned a great deal in my role with this firm.
Pros
Company and department lunches, nominal bonus depending on years of service, training, family culture, education assistance, extended health care benefits (meds and rehab)
Cons
Pay, limited dental benefits, lack of support staff to reduce overhead, heavy workload
Productive and fun workplace
Legal Assistant - Litigation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
manage lawyer's calendar
manage files involving personal injury claim and MVAs
preparation of pleadings, motion materials, mediation briefs, factums and briefs of authorities
transcription with the use of Digital Dictaphone
create and maintain relationships with clients
fulfill various administrative duties
the work environment is very family oriented, lovely people to work with
A great place to work.
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
Typical day: I worked for senior counsel. My day began with a quick meeting where we discussed what needed to be completed, an overview of deadlines, reminders and new tasks.

What I learned was that you can never have enough reminders for deadlines. In any industry, you have to be super organized and you simply cannot have enough bring forward reminders.

Co-Workers. I had no problems with my co-workers. I am an outgoing person and am able to combine professionalism and collegiality when dealing with my colleagues.

Hardest part of the job. Getting documents prepared and out the door in time sensitive situations.There were many last minute jobs and when it comes to filing with the courts, it must be done in an accurate and timely manner.
Pros
Lunch and learn seminars, Friday drinks with co-workers, and gym membership.
Cons
Benefits were on the lower end of the tier, ie. dental and medical.
Great Company to work at.
Legal Assistant / Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario9 September 2014
Everything was perfect.
Learned lots of new law areas.
Management great
Co=workers were great.
Difficult learning all new things
Enjoyed the camaraderie of the office
Pros
Presents, gifts from my lawyer and the girls.
Cons
the cons was good experience leared and gained from counsel. So it was a plus for all of us.
Law Clerk
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2014
I was not happy with the micromanagement and distrust at this firm.
Productive and an amazing place to work with nice people
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2014
Always look forward to go to work and meet amazing people to work with. Nice staff and atmosphere.