Leons Furniture and Appliances Employee Reviews

Enjoyed Working at Leon's
Appliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 April 2019
I was a friend of the owner of Leon's Woodstock and was a close adviser to him. I worked in sales and earned commission.
Hours were long but not hard. Job depended on individual's
ability to sell. I priced appliance department every week for new sales.
Watch you commissions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 February 2019
You will lose sales to senior sales reps and not make enough to eat. Questionable tactics on calculating your commissions, Don't believe a word they say. Management well skilled at manipulation.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Your there hired to source sales for senior reps
Zero Integrity ....
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 January 2019
I worked for Leon's Kingston a couple of times. Most recently I was fired for pointing out some safety concerns around the warehouse and with the trucks. You should be able to approach your employer with legitimate concerns without fear of retribution.

Being responsible for damaged product straight out of packaging is ridiculous. Paying for your own tow trucks I can understand. Especially if you try to drive under a mousehole bridge.

Storing used customer beds and sofas etc in the warehouse is a high risk for bed bug infestation, probably a health code violation.
4 trucks total, about 8 or 9 proper unclean moving blankets available.
One or two straps at most, loads are frequently unsecure.

Fabric protection is rarely done properly if at all, as a delivery person you are expected to lie to the customer about such things or lose your bonus. Or just take an extra $1/hr which makes no sense mathematically. The weekly schedule is almost never ever done properly. Often a day or two prior to the date.

Nobody around there wants to take criticism and make changes, rather point fingers at others and place blame on those not responsible. One guy had a 1000+ lb battery almost destroy his leg, A managers first comment was something about it shouldn't be done on a Sunday. Rather than be concerned about his well being.

I have done moving most of my life and might even know a thing or two about how to do it properly and safely. Shame they didn't recognize that and take my verbal advice about making changes for the better. At least put some winter wipers on the
  more... trucks. It does not cost that much and could save lives.

Also they probably should not have people with a G2 license behind the wheel, somebody isn't doing their job during the hiring process there ....

In my opinion, the Ministry of Labor and the Health & Safety Board should give them a visit. Perhaps ask a few of the employees that are left there if what I have said has any merit.
That is all .... for now
Pros
Met a few decent guys. Slamming 6's
Cons
Unsafe warehouse, ignorant management, lack of proper common equipment
Judgmental and Bullies
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2018
They allow other warehouse staff to pick on you and are quick to judge you by appearance and experience. Nothing is confidential and some but not all will curse all day long until it drives you nuts.
Pros
Parking is good most times
Cons
harsh environment, no fun allowed
Nightmare
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2018
I can not believe employer is still able to operate in the modern age, probably violates many codes. They do not value anything and this includes people.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
somewhat decent staff to work with
Customer Service/Front Office (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 March 2018
Some of the staff was decent but management wasnt very good plus hours were inconsistent. Schedules were never on time. Time off for appointments were difficult to get.
Pros
met some good people
Cons
too many to list
Lowest of the low
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 April 2013
The ministry of Labor should be over their daily with what they do to people
Cons
low pay, not allowed to use safety tools, missing pay checks.