Leon's Employee Reviews

great staff
Mover helper (occasional) (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON15 April 2018
a great part time job. helps you learn how to move furniture properly without hurting your self safely without breaking anything. Always ready to teach and help out.
It’s an okay job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2018
It’s not the worst place to work, it’s good if you’re money hungry, but the hours suck! 12 hour shifts during the week and sometimes you get one weekend off a month unless it’s busy time near Christmas then you work every weekend. So not a good job for people that want a life and also have young kids.
Pay was always good, no complain there!
But you have a lot of targets to meet and if you don’t meet them youre always put on warning. There’s absolutely no job security. They have new employees hired and people let go at least once every few months. Always new faces working there which looks horrible on the company! They have no training skills to rain their staff as well, you’re basically just thrown on the floor and if you don’t make it then oh well they’ll let you go and hire someone new to practise on! Lol.
... but the money’s good!
Also don’t reply on management to help you out, so unorganized and lazy.
Pros
Good money, decent benefits
Cons
No job security, no life/long hours, management
Fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON14 February 2018
Leon's was a great stepping stone in to the career I can see myself doing. The office position was very laid back and there is great people working here.
Pros
Easy going
Entreprise malhonnêtes
Encien employer (Former Employee) –  Anjou15 January 2018
J'ai travaillé à anjou 10 ans coMme vendeur seulement à la commission. Si tu livre pas asser tu fait pas une cent pi en plus il te donne pas de salaire il cancel tes vente pour rien en plus si tu vend des garanties pi que le client seNT sert il vienne te chercher 3%dans tes poche il t'enlève des congers pour je supposer vente qu'il font à tous les mois abus de pouvoir heures de travail exagéré genre plus de 55hrs semaine il te crie après quand tu tombe sur l'assurance salaire ça prend au moin plus de 2 mois pour avoir tes papiers la même chose quand tu quitte il faut que tu leur face des menaces avec norme du travail il ne paye même pas les cartes d'affaire pi en plus leur logo est sur la carte il oblige à payer des vêtement de travail quil choisis
Pros
Rien de positif
Cons
Manque despases pour ecrire se que je pense
A good learning environment and safe workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 December 2017
Learnt working in team
updated system
clean and safe environment
Very cooperative staff well trained i wish found oppurtunity work there again i left it because of my personal issues
Friendly environment and all the staff are very accomodating starting from the management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 November 2017
The branch that i worked with has a friendly enevironment and i really feel that it might be my comfort zone even i just stayed there for about few months.However salary is not competitive and i need to move to a better opportunity with better compensation.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Low Compensation
management brutal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON2 November 2017
this place is brutal to work at. worked at the niagara on the lake location. management know nothing about mentoring people its a complete joke. been a sales guy and successful at anything i did but there brutal. fellow sales people are awesome though

dont work here PLEASE
Worst place to work
Helper (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 October 2017
Terrible management very unprofessional and unorganized staff never seen nothing like this place before to be honest . They ask you to show up a little before 7:00 since you start at that time and the managers and the director of the warehouse itself are showing up 10-20 minutes later. As a helper you don’t know whom you’re working with and papers and scans (every morning they loose 10-15 minutes looking for them because anybody puts them anywhere they wants) aren’t ready till 8:00 to load up the trucks because as I said the management team is always late and they figure out everything in rush all the road papers for the delivery team which causes a lot of product error or oversights. As a helper or driver you don’t make no good money you’re better off at Mc donalds or tims. Even if they pay you at commissions at the end of the day you make less then minimum wage. Like many other said if you’re a new guy they just don’t care you have to figure out you’re own on how they’ll pay you, when you’re working, and whom you’re working with.
Poor management
Front office (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 September 2017
Leons provides a terrible work environment. The management team are lazy and would much rather deligate their jobs to the staff and sit on Facebook or sit in each other's offices gossiping. Management will require you to take manager calls because not everything "needs a manager" and expect the staff to train everyone who walks through the door. They leave new employees alone to fend for themselves instead of working unappealing hours. At the end of the day if you want to be stressed out 24/7 without help or training Leons is the place for you. #partofthefamily
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Mangement, pay
poor inventory, low sales commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 August 2017
The problem for sales job at Leon's is that they always do not keep enough stocks, customer do not want to buy because there is no stock available, many orders got cancelled because customers have to wait for several months, sometimes, the manager blame it to you because they lost customer. manager always pushed you to sell more extended warranty, they set have target for you and it is difficult for you to reach, you may get fired because of it. Most of the sales guy only receive basic wage because of poor delivery .

Leon's is a public listed company, but the management is so poor, they never keep enough stock for customers to order, even they put items on sale for promotion, but no stock for customer to buy
not a god place
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2017
do not even try you have been warned, i worked there for many years they do not have the respect for workers they pretend they do, its just a place to be if you're desperate
Boring
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 August 2017
The general sales aspect was great as you learned communication skills with managers as well as customers. It really places you on your toes as you must constantly adapt yourself to the environment.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
No sale days
Worst place to work EVER
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake25 July 2017
This is the worst place I've ever worked at. They promised you a great wage and you are lucky to make gas money in a 2 week pay. The management was absolutely horrendous. They offer you no base wage just commission only. You can work a two-week work. And get a whopping $250 paycheck. You'd be better off working at McDonald's. You'd make more money.
Salespeople - commission only
sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 June 2017
If there are no salespeople that have stayed longer than 6 months, then this will give you enough info. If you want to start your sales day at 6:30am on Black Friday and Boxing Day and the various special event days, then this job is for you! Customers can order online, so you don't get any commission when they go home and place their order from the convenience of their home. Also you get nothing when the customer cancels their order when it is taking too long to arrive from Asia.
Cons
It can take up to 4 months 2 get paid.
Expérience déprimante
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC22 June 2017
Sous-payé

Harcèlement psychologique provenant de la direction (Se faire littéralement crier dessus sans raison valable)

Le service après-vente est malhonnête (Refuser de venir en aide à une cliente par tous les moyens quand c'est clairement la faute de la compagnie)

Je ne recommande à personne d'y travailler (Succursale de St-Bruno)
Pros
Collègues solidaires
Cons
La direction est merdique
Good workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 June 2017
This place gave me my first job. Sales at Leon's are always high. Every salesperson is asked to work under certain rules. The staff is well disciplined . The management is friendly and always busy in training the employees.
Pros
High pay
Cons
job insecurity
Good coworkers. bad management
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 May 2017
I was first a customer service representative. If a customer wanted to speak to a manager they would often tell us to deal with it ourselves. Once I assured the managers that they did not have any interest in speaking with me, they would give me attitude for passing the customer along, even though I tried my best to resolve the issue on my own. On one occasion, I had let my immediate manager know that I was ill and would not be in, and she then texted me 3 hours later to let me know that she wasn't scheduled to be in either. I then called the next available manager and he told me that I was an integral part of the staff and that I had to come in. He also told me if I was calling in sick that I needed a doctors note to explain my absence. I then became the interior decorator. I really enjoyed that position as I was often left to myself to set up and design different sets for customers to visualize what the set may look like in their home. I made $11.25 as a customer service rep and $11.40 as an interior designer. The hardest part of customer service was getting yelled at even though I was trying my hardest to find a solution. The best part was the incredible team I had to fall back on and give advice I can do for customers in a heated situation.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Feeling like management didn't care
well managed work environment, clean
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2016
clean work space not much to do as a warehouse worker so your days are spent wondering what to do if there is no list left by your manager mornings are the hassle having to tag the hole store.
Pros
slow days not much work
Cons
not much hours
Great place to start
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 October 2016
You get to meet lots of different people, usually pretty fun place to work in. If you know how to sell you can make good money, the management will always help you to close the sale.
Pros
Co-workers, management, salary
Cons
Pressure to sell more
fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 July 2016
Pickle Barrel has a very energetic atmosphere and caring management. It is very well organized and everyone is a team player with good hours and benefits.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard for day offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leon's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7