Leon's Employee Reviews

Not an enjoyable work expierence.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 February 2019
My expierence Working at Leons in Regin,SK was deffinately not a good one. From the lack of informative training to the lack of knowledgeable management to blaming new employees for poor performance instead of presenting possible solutions to grow to be a better salesperson to their lack of available product to sell to the customer and horrendous wait times for shipping items... 4-6 weeks just to ship from edmonton to sask? Really? All the way to basically lying about how much potential money you could earn. In my short time there it seemed more like they were looking to fill a temp slot during the busy christmas days n then find any reason to make them not like their job and want to quit instead of the advertised "full time sales position"..... All in all.. Not the worst place ive worked but i deffinately wouldnt suggest it to anybody...
Pros
You can watch movies or surf on your phone on slow days
Cons
Bad management, crazy work schedule (off at 9pm start next day 9:45am), work every weekend, poor training
Store franchise closed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS4 January 2019
Sales associates work on a weekly on/off schedule. One week it's 50 some hours, the next 35. Commission based on delivery of product. I had a thriving book of business, but the franchise failed and I was laid off.
Pros
Set days off.
Cons
12 hour shifts, no breaks.
Good, flexible workplace with great people
Customer Service Supervisor/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2018
Overall, Leon's is a great place to work for a part-time job. Great work-life balance and company culture. However, the company itself can be quite disorganized at times.
Working at Leon's
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2018
It was an alright place to work, but management wasn't very flexible and made it hard to have a life outside of work especially with regards to pregnancy.
first job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 September 2018
great first job,friendly people.easy work, helps build some muscle . hbygyghyugugyugyugyuuygyuhiuhiuhuihuhhiuhiuh
Avis
Commis de bureau (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC22 September 2018
J'ai travaille chez Leon pendant asser longtemps. La job en tant que tel est pas si pire on a beaucoup de liberter et d'independence par contre les directeurs et les gerants c'est nimporte quoi ! Tu peut faire ce que tu veut tant que tu fait ta job a la PERFECTION alors que eux font rien du tout a part prendre des pauses cigarettes a chaque 5 minutes chiale quand on pause de questions en plus ! Vraiment niveau ambiance de travaille et management je donne un gros 0 .. Pi on a pa asser bien payer pour la maniere quon est traiter !! Surtout dans le warehouse
Pros
Liberter Independance
Cons
management
Work is guaranteed because no one wants to work there.
Office supervisor and customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 September 2018
Aweful management. Aweful environment. Treated like a number. Only good part is that your guaranteed work because no one wants to. Management isn’t very accommodating with scheduling either.
Pros
Hours
Cons
excellent workplace with a positive environment
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2018
Everything was good in this job. A peaceful and positive work environment. I really enjoyed the job because the work load was not much. But I just regret one thing that I was forced to put a resign from one of my managers as I asked for a week off to prepare for exams.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
High tax deduction
Leons
Customer Service Representative/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 June 2018
A typical work day at Leons I would open my department, organize my files and make necessary phone calls before customers start to arrive. Working at Leons I have gained experience in working in a team environment while moving at a fast pace. I have also learned time management and many organizational skills. The workplace environment at Leons is very multicultural. I worked with and tended to many different groups of people. The hardest part of the job was getting the manufacturers to send customers parts in a timely manor. The most enjoyable part was the experience I shared with my co-workers. Overall, the 3 years I worked at Leons was an awesome learning experience.
Pros
Close to home and I was garunteed 40 hours a week.
Cons
Impatient customers
Decent Place to work
Store Decorator (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2018
loved the job at first, lots of freedom and independent work. Managers are nice and friendly but have no idea what they are doing, Only make 25 cents more than minimum wage, other employees feel taken advantage of and easily replaceable
productive and fun
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 June 2018
Office Administrator - June 2015 January 2016
Leon’s
Data entry using DOS based systems.
Administrative paperwork such as processing credit applications and delivery schedules.
Ensure tills are balanced and accounted for.
General customer service.
Do not recommend
Front office (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2018
.Half of the management we're just there to sit behind a desk and twiddle their thumbs. The other half knew how to do their job and we're helpful but only allowed their favorite employees to advance. The people you worked with were okay but most of them acted like they were in high school, the pay was not good , the way the schedule works some times you worked 10-11 days in a row. They also never had enough staff and it's rare to be fired no matter how much time you miss (unless they really don't like you). Overall I would absoutly not recommend working here unless you're desperate. The only good thing I can say is you can gain experience so that's helpful!
Pros
Okay Staff, probably not going to get fired, get experience
Cons
Bad pay, management is not good, not a lot of room for advancement, favoritism
income compare to responsibilities was not fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
income compare to responsibilities was not fair. work time was too many in weeks. in the other hand, it was good opportunity to make relationship with customer and make strong my network
great staff
Mover helper (occasional) (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON15 April 2018
a great part time job. helps you learn how to move furniture properly without hurting your self safely without breaking anything. Always ready to teach and help out.
No back up from management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury ON25 March 2018
Typical day is ok, learned a lot working in customer service department but there's ,no back-up from management, (for an example): if you will tell a customer no I am unable to give you an exchange after having that sofa for a year. Customer will call a Manager and the manager will give the customer what they want after you did your job they will cut your throat. NO BACK-UP!!!!
If you have a tough skin and you don't mind looking like you don't know your job ... This is the place for you!
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
No appreciation, unless your a brown noser
It’s an okay job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2018
It’s not the worst place to work, it’s good if you’re money hungry, but the hours suck! 12 hour shifts during the week and sometimes you get one weekend off a month unless it’s busy time near Christmas then you work every weekend. So not a good job for people that want a life and also have young kids.
Pay was always good, no complain there!
But you have a lot of targets to meet and if you don’t meet them youre always put on warning. There’s absolutely no job security. They have new employees hired and people let go at least once every few months. Always new faces working there which looks horrible on the company! They have no training skills to rain their staff as well, you’re basically just thrown on the floor and if you don’t make it then oh well they’ll let you go and hire someone new to practise on! Lol.
... but the money’s good!
Also don’t reply on management to help you out, so unorganized and lazy.
Pros
Good money, decent benefits
Cons
No job security, no life/long hours, management
Fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON14 February 2018
Leon's was a great stepping stone in to the career I can see myself doing. The office position was very laid back and there is great people working here.
Pros
Easy going
Entreprise malhonnêtes
Encien employer (Former Employee) –  Anjou15 January 2018
J'ai travaillé à anjou 10 ans coMme vendeur seulement à la commission. Si tu livre pas asser tu fait pas une cent pi en plus il te donne pas de salaire il cancel tes vente pour rien en plus si tu vend des garanties pi que le client seNT sert il vienne te chercher 3%dans tes poche il t'enlève des congers pour je supposer vente qu'il font à tous les mois abus de pouvoir heures de travail exagéré genre plus de 55hrs semaine il te crie après quand tu tombe sur l'assurance salaire ça prend au moin plus de 2 mois pour avoir tes papiers la même chose quand tu quitte il faut que tu leur face des menaces avec norme du travail il ne paye même pas les cartes d'affaire pi en plus leur logo est sur la carte il oblige à payer des vêtement de travail quil choisis
Pros
Rien de positif
Cons
Manque despases pour ecrire se que je pense
A good learning environment and safe workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 December 2017
Learnt working in team
updated system
clean and safe environment
Very cooperative staff well trained i wish found oppurtunity work there again i left it because of my personal issues
Friendly environment and all the staff are very accomodating starting from the management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 November 2017
The branch that i worked with has a friendly enevironment and i really feel that it might be my comfort zone even i just stayed there for about few months.However salary is not competitive and i need to move to a better opportunity with better compensation.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Low Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leon's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7